Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC Reviews

151 | Cincinnati, OH

151 Reviews for Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC

I orginally experienced Hey!Mr. DJ at my sister's wedding 2 years ago and had so much fun when I got engaged I called them on the way home from finding a venue. Patrick was our DJ for our wedding and he was so nice and so helpful with the entire planning process. He had creative ideas to make our reception unique but without cutting out of the dance time. He even would come get us drinks if he saw either one of us had an empty glass!!! I could never use another service! They were amazing 2 years ago with my sister's wedding and were even better to experience again for our wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Lake Lindsay was rockin! Thanks again and It was just awesome that our company was your first thought. That really means something to us. Thank you.

Sara · Married on 09/28/2012

My husband and I got married September 28, 2012 and Jason was our DJ. He was amazing!! He really made our reception the party I wanted it to be and more!! Everything we discussed was done exactly how I wanted and everyone had a great time!! All our vendors were great and Jason even worked with the photographer and videographer to get, what I'm sure will be, great shots of us and our guests! You can tell in their work that they really love what they do and I just want to give Jason the biggest THANK YOU for doing everything to make our day as great as it was!!
    Thanks!!!
    The new Mrs. Sara Everage

Sent on 10/08/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Sara, Thank you so much. It was a magical night and I'm very glad you hired me.

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

In DJ Jason Lefker we not only had a great DJ but an awesome Master of Ceremonies as well!!!! Prior to the wedding we met up with Jason twice to go through the schedule and for Jason to learn about us and what we wanted from our wedding. He also liaised with the over vendors both before and on the day to ensure our wedding was the success that it was.
    We had a completely outdoor wedding and Jason supplied the string quartet and trio music for our ceremony playing modern hits in the form of string music whilst guests arrived and playing the classic wedding songs from when the ceremony started. He provided great background music during the transition from the ceremony to the reception and kept everyone entertained.
    He made sure that the wedding party was pumped for the introductions and made sure that he grabbed all the guests attention for announcements as each section of the evening came about (speeches, cake cutting, tosses etc). When the main dancing came into play we could not have asked for a better DJ he interacted with the guests and even taught us all "the wobble" a dance myself and my wife first saw on a cruise a year ago and had not ever mastered until our wedding night!!!!
    Again a great DJ who came through professionally even though he'd had his own medical issues that week, top bloke!!!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Wow, this is how we do it! lol . I so appreciate what you said here. It was my honor to be there. So happy you are happy.

Jesse · Married on 09/01/2012

We chose Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment for our wedding reception. I have absolutely NO regrets with our choice. Jason did an unbelievably amazing job at our reception. He immediately got our bridal party pumped to enter into the reception. From that point on he made every aspect at our reception entertaning and FUN for everyone. He was able to capture the guests attention without stealing the show from the bride and groom. People keep telling us how our wedding was one of the best they have ever been to. Jason and HeyMrDJ played a HUGE role in contributing to our awesome wedding. It would not have been anything close to what it was without them. If you're in search of a DJ who knows what they are doing and have really analyzed the art of a great reception, then I highly recommend Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment. Thanks again HeyMrDJ for being a part of a day we (and many others) will never forget!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

You are an amazing person and I really had a great time at your wedding. Thank you for this fantastic review. Jason

Ryan&Jane · Married on 08/11/2012

Brandon and his staff were absolutely the very BEST from the very first time speaking with him until his follow up with us after the wedding. We were never concerned that they would not put 110% into making our reception the best ever, and they exceeded expectations. Their set-up is extremely clean and professional and Brandon did such a great job keeping everyone involved and connecting me (the bride), Ryan (the groom) and all of our wedding party to the guests. We have gotten so many compliments on the show game and how in just that few moments people that we had maybe never met before or spent a lot of time with got to know us very well and the love and friendship that Ryan and I share. I would HIGHLY recommend Hey! Mr. DJ to anyone planning a wedding without reservations. A DJ can make or break a wedding reception, especially if you're looking for something different and upbeat like we were. If you are even on the fence about this decision, choose Hey! Mr. DJ now!! YOu will not regreat it.

Thank you guys for everything!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

One of my favorite weddings of the year. What an awesome couple. Loved Traveling down to Lexington and partying with you guys. Loved the ending.. You.. You got what I neeeed! lol. So much fun!
  • W

Wes · Married on 07/21/2012

Jason from HeyMrDJ was absolutely incredible. He turned our wedding reception into a party that our friends and families (then especially us) will remember forever. Not only that, he did it in a way that included all our wishes and then used his creativity to ensure the event was focused on us. At the end, we had people telling how amazing he was and that they never seen a DJ entertain like that.

We could not be happier with him/HeyMrDJ and are so thankful we made the decision to hire them, just did a fantastic job!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Awesome Wes. It was great working with you and proof that we can work well with clients who are out of town and coming in for their wedding. Thanks again and I'm so glad I was part of your day. Jason.

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2012

Hey Mr. DJ was AWESOME! I didn't have to stress at all about anything. They made my reception and Ceremony go smoothly with great transitions. And they had some fun ideas for the reception that I have never heard that we tried and everyone is talking about how fun it was. They also did some sentimental ideas that were precious and My husband and I will remember forever :). I highly recommend them if you want a smooth and fun wedding!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Stephanie, Thank you for the review. It was my pleasure being your MC. What a fun night.

Jaya · Married on 03/10/2012

I JUST got married, and I can't tell you how many compliments I got the day of, and continuing after as to HOW FUN our wedding reception was. I can't tell you how many people told us it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! A lot of that credit goes to Jason at Hey! Mr. DJ. He was awesome--very friendly, great emcee, good mixing of the music (there is another DJ there to mix the music), and very unique in such a good, fun way, with the fun introduction of the wedding party, and the last song, for two examples. I absolutely recommend Jason for your wedding. Also, the price is fair for the service, and the response. He has an iPhone so can quickly text or email you responses.

Sent on 03/17/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank You Jaya! We had a blast at your reception.

Kristin · Married on 11/05/2011

The guys from "Hey Mr DJ Entertainment" know how to throw an AMAZING party!!!! We had people dancing at our wedding reception that I have NEVER seen dance before. :-) They truly took the concepts that my husband and I had and made them a reality. Super cute ways to call people up to the buffet line too!! Very creative! **Kristin & Jeff**

Sent on 11/22/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristin and Jeff. .what a great night!

Kristen · Married on 07/30/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ is AWESOME!!!! We had seen them about 8 years ago at a wedding my now HUSBAND :) was is and then again last year at another couple's reception and both times we LOVED the reception, music and the way they (Brandon) got everyone up and having a wonderful time. Could not have been more pleased with them. I knew 8 years ago when we saw Brandon (Hey! Mr DJ) that this is who I wanted to use for my wedding! They are FAR more than just a DJ! They put a lot of time and thought into your reception to personalize it just for you! We have only dealt with Brandon, and he is such a really nice person too. He wants to please you and make your reception... "the best reception EVER"... he DEF did that for my hubby and I and we cannot thank him more! AMAZING vendor and have already reccommended them to a friend who just got engaged!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristen! You are awesome.

Liana · Married on 07/30/2011

First of all, we would like to thank Zach for everything he had done. He was wonderful--not just MC/DJ but also a great wedding coordinator. He made sure our reception ran smoothly and entertaining for everyone. We're very glad that we got Zach--for the price you pay--you have a DJ, MC, and a wedding coordinator..it's well worth it. We didn't have to worry about anything starting from reception--Zach took over and made it awesome!! Thank you so much Zach!!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you. it was my pleasure and I had a great time with you and your guests - Zach

Sheri · Married on 07/30/2011

Bill was our MC. He- really made the reception fun! So easy to work with, too.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Kate · Married on 07/09/2011

My husband and I were married on July 9, and still, more than a week later, we are hearing about how awesome our reception was. Jason, Brandon, and Patrick worked their butts off to make our reception everything beyond what I had in mind. No one left the dance floor, the reception was organized and well paced, and our personalized final dance was amazing. Due to a last minute situation, Jason and Brandon made me feel relieved and secure in that our reception was going to flawlessly flow (and as far as I know, it did!!) Meeting with Jason and later conferring with Brandon, I knew that our reception was going to be the BEST party, which it definitely was. Jason and Brandon were so creative, and really helped to make our reception personal to my husband and I. Patrick was obviously money on the music. Thank you guys so much for helping to make our night the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thanks Kate! We had a great time too. Your crowd was full of energy to say the least. Thanks!

Jenna · Married on 07/09/2011

Zach was great to work with! He really helped us make sure we got the reception we wanted and kept people entertained all night!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Hey guys, thank you so much for the kind words. We had an awesome time helping to give you the reception you wanted. You and Wes were great to work with. I hope you stay in touch! -Zach

Minna · Married on 07/02/2011

Zach was the BEST DJ ever! We met with him 3 times to go over every single detail of our reception! With all of the stress that comes with wedding planning, this was the one thing I felt completely at ease with before our big day! Our guests made comments that our wedding was one of the best they have been to because they were having so much fun, and Zach was the facilitator of that! They are worth every penny!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you. Zach will be so happy to hear this review. He and Kyle both had a great time with your event.

Carly · Married on 06/18/2011

Bill was the MC for our wedding on 6/18/11 and was AWESOME! Everyone keeps telling me how fun our wedding was and how great the DJ was as well! I know it would not have been half the night it was without Bill! He was fun/professional/and an all around great guy and MC! We met with Hey Mr DJ and loved their unique ideas and booked with them and met Bill where we created our reception vision and he exceeded our expectations! I even gave him a call the night before our wedding to change our introductions and he made those changes no problem and was always reachable by phone anytime! Throughout the evening he had all of the responsiblity and I was able to relax and enjoy myself - he would prompt me when it was close to events such as boquet toss and such which was wonderful because there is no way I would remeber when to do anything that exciting day! Blake was the DJ and he was fabulous as well and played the perfect music even with our broad suggestions and kept the party going! I would recommend Hey Mr DJ to anyone and at least 2 of my friends who were at the wedding loved Bill so much as well they plan on booking him for their big days as well! Thank you guys for making my wedding day AWESOME! :)

Sent on 06/30/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Awesome! Thank you for the review. Bill, will be so pleased to hear how happy you were.

Jessalyn · Married on 06/11/2011

Blain/Hunter Wedding 6/11/11. Bill & Blake were AMAZING!! Bill was able to make the night so personal and managed time perfectly, while Blake kept the entire crowd dancing throughout the night. Guests continue to rave about how great of a time they had at the wedding. Would personally hire again and definitely recommend. Great job!! Thanks again.

Sent on 06/19/2011

Thank you so much!

Erin · Married on 06/11/2011

Quality of Service--Brandon went the extra mile. He more than a few hours with us prior to the wedding reception to make sure it was just what we wanted. He was able to really personalize our reception and make it unique to us because he took it upon himself to be so informed.

Responsiveness--great at returning emails and phone calls, gives out cell number

Professionalism--really great! he even wore a tux to the reception!

Value--Worth every penny. I was one of those people who was just going to hire a friend because I thought all the DJ needed to do was play music and I wanted to save money. Someone told me that the reception entertainment should be a budget priority. Brandon gave us so much more than just music! He captivated the crowd and many told us it was the best reception they ever went to and asked specifically about our DJ.

Flexibility--great!

Brandon recorded our voices and laid them into songs we picked out for our mother/son and father/daughter dances. Our parents were so surprised. The entire audience was touched. My mother in law cried the whole time her song was played. Those were some of the best moments of the reception. Thanks for that special memory Brandon!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Erin,
    When you called me and said you may not be able to have dancing at your reception, and knowing it was a no-alcohol reception, I have to admit I was a little concerned. I took it as a challenge and it turned out to be amazing. I couldn't believe how many people danced and that your dad decided to do overtime. From the ceremony to the end of the night, I can firmly say it was an outstanding time. Lots of creativity and lots of love. Thanks for the review!

Casi · Married on 05/21/2011

Brandon did such an awesome job at our wedding and really made our reception fun! He worked so hard to personalize it and make it unique for my husband and I. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/15/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Casi and Rob.. I just watched your video sneak peek and it was great. It was fantastic working with you and being there to assist that evening.

Carla · Married on 02/26/2011

Smith/Turner Wedding February 26, 2011. Brandon is AWESOME!! Our Wedding was a blast. I have had soooo many guests say that is was the best Wedding they have ever attended! We asked for our Wedding to be FUN and that is exactly what we received. Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment had tons of ideas for help make our special day very rememberable!! Thanks So Much!!!!! We HIGHLY recommend these guys!! You will NOT be dissapointed!!

Sent on 04/19/2011

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

thanks Joe and Carla... Best wedding ever! That's all I need to hear :) Thank you sso much for having me there and congratualtions to you both - Brandon

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2010

Ok so 5s don't even cut it. Anyone knows a bride in the last couple of weeks is a little stressed and probably does not want to hear 8 days prior to the big day that the DJ has just bailed, well it happened to me. Frantically I got on google and just started calling around and even my photographer was looking. My third call was to Hey! Mr Dj and Bryan answered the phone and said he had one team surprisingly that was not booked. Without hesitation I had him send me all contracts and paid as fast as I could. 4 days before the event my husband and I met Myron (the MC) at IHOP to go over plans that should have been done months prior. Going I was so nervous and what if this tanked. We hit it off with Myron like we had none him our whole life. The BIG day came and Myron ran out of businees cards because everyone wants him including people in Cleveland. Thank you to the entire team for taking a fiasco and making it more than I have ever dreamed of.

Sent on 11/30/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you so much. I know Myron really enjoyed not only working with you two but getting to know you on a personal level. he loves you guys. Sometimes these things can be a blessing in desguise.

Shana · Married on 10/02/2010

Very professional. Met with us several times before our wedding to coordinate details. Offered great suggestions to make our reception FUN yet flexible enough to accomodate all age ranges of guests. We will recommend them to friends in the future. My mother has already recommended them to a mother of a bride and to a young professional future groom looking for quality DJ & Master of Ceremony services.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for this amazing review.

Megan · Married on 09/25/2010

We hired Hey Mr. DJ based on a recommendation from a friend, and could not have been any happier. First, we met with Jason months before the wedding. He outlined for us what decisions we needed to think about (ie how we wanted to be introduced, 1st dance, etc.) so we had plenty of time to decide. Then closer to our wedding, we met again to go over everything in detail. Between meetings, Jason would always return my phone calls promptly. A great bonus to using Hey Mr. DJ, is their online form. You can go into your account, and add songs to either the "Must play", "Try to play" or "Do not play" lists. Then for special songs, you can write notes, such as "try to play early in evening". Jason had great ideas for how to get people dancing. When I would ask him questions, he would sometimes just reply "do you want for people to have fun?", or course I'd say "yes", and he would assure me we'd have a great time. And boy was he right!!! He knows how to throw a good time! His energy was amazing and really got people on the dance floor. We in fact needed a bigger dance floor, because we never anticipated so many people dancing. My aunt, who hasn't danced in the 17 years she's been married to my uncle, was even on the dance floor. I about cried. Jason even had my dad on the ground doing the gator dance! I even never thought any single girl would come out to catch the boquet, as there were only a couple, but somehow Jason got about 10 ladies on the dance floor. Throughout the evening he played awesome music and even incorporated music from my husbands culture that my husband handed to him 1 hour before the ceremony. Talk about being flexible! Overall, Jason delivered exactly what he promised...a GREAT time and a great party. We are still getting comments about how it was the best reception many people had ever been to. And we all know that has to do with a great DJ!

Sent on 10/08/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

than you so much for the wonderful comments. I so appreciate the time ti took you to right this and it means so much to me. Thanks - Jason

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2010

Everything about the service was amazing. Everytime I emailed or called, i got a very prompt response. Jason made the evening so fun by interacting with the guests and providing great ideas to make the evening unforgettable. I decided to change the order of things only 2 days before the event and everything still ran smoothly! Perfect!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you, thank you for these comments. It was all my pleasure to be there for your big day.

Robyn · Married on 08/21/2010

Where do we start!? That was one HELL of a DANCE PARTY! We are SO thrilled with the reception and it was all thanks Hey Mr. DJ! That dance floor was packed the entire night!! We were amazed at how fun and awesome the intros were, how smoothly the entire night went. LOVED getting everyone on the floor for the picture and after that it seemed like no one ever left! You transitioned all the music we wanted from the polkas to Zac Brown Band to OAR to Club Can't Handle me and even Tiny Dancer! We have gotten so many compliments about how awesome our DJ was and how awesome of a party our wedding was. I seriously had a blast and danced all night long. SO many people have said it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

And to think my biggest fear was that no one would dance at our wedding - ha!

We HIGHLY recommend Hey! Mr DJ - Best time of our lives, thank you!!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Robyn and Joe..your reception was a awesome for me too. I loved seeing you two celebrating on the dance floor. I loved the uncles skit. I loved the toasts. I loved working with you guys. You are such a fun down to earth couple. For anyone who wants to see if it really was "One Hell of a dance party" ..just look here. http://www.vimeo.com/14401046