Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC Reviews

151 | Cincinnati, OH

151 Reviews for Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC

Meryl · Married on 07/17/2015

Jason is THE DJ!! He is VERY approachable, relaxed, and easy-going... but still very focused, and amazing at what he does!! He met with us before the reception and made planning the itinerary/music selection EASY, and stress-free. He is very organized and creative. He even made a slideshow of pics to display during the reception the day of!! Every guest could not stop talking about the fun music selection and cool music videos!! You will not be sorry if you go with this vendor!! Thank you, Jason!!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Karen · Married on 06/13/2015

FANTASTIC! Patrick kept the night moving along perfectly and was entertaining to all. Highly recommend

Sent on 06/15/2015

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Karen thank you so much. It was an honor to be there for your day. I appreciate that you took the time to give me this review. So many times I get fantastic emails and thank you letters from clients that I appreciate so much but taking the time to come out here and register to review us is just awesome of you.

Andrew · Married on 05/23/2015

Outstanding job by all! MC made the party and people are still buzzing on how great the wedding was. If you are looking for reasonable prices along with top notch quality, give these guys a call. They will not let you down!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Amanda · Married on 03/27/2015

We picked Brandon from Hey Mr DJ because we had been to so many weddings where he had "performed". Trust me, if you've ever been to a Brandon wedding you'll know what I mean. When we got engaged it was the very FIRST phone call we made. My husband and I were so excited that he was available for our date. From the very begining, it was a breeze to work with him. Our first meeting he was in depth and asked a bazillion questions. He really got to know us and our wedding style. He had such great ideas, like roasting our wedding party as a surprise for their entrance. To this day, it is still one of my favorite parts of the wedding!!! His suggestions really helped make our night so much fun. I mentioned that my brother was away serving in the marines and would be unable to attend. I was so upset. He then asked me is there were any ideas I had. My husbands friend is a singer and I had gotten him to agree to sing our wedding song first dance. Brandon got his info and told me he would take care of everything. He would get the info, practice with him, etc. I didn't have to do a thing. It was awesome!!!! The day of our wedding came and it went off without a hitch. Brandon emceed the entire event...like a BOSS!!! I could not believe how much he did. He single handedly ran that event. Seriously, without him our wedding would not have been the same. After the toasts, he came up behind us at the head table and said he has a surprise toast. Two seconds later my brothers voice came over the speakers to give a surprise toast. I completely lost it. It was the most special moment. Brandon single handedly tracked down my sister who got a hold of my mom who go him in touch with my brother to get this toast. A total surprise. He didn't have to do that but he knew it would mean the world. I own a salon and do a LOT of weddings. I ALWAYS refer Brandon and Hey Mr.DJ now!!!!!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about them!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Katie · Married on 02/14/2015

Jason with Hey! Mr. DJ is FANTASTIC!!!! During the planning process, he had so many great ideas and suggestions and ways to really make our wedding unique and special. From the ceremony all the way thru the reception, he made everything flow absolutely perfectly. The music was great! He was fun, professional, full of energy, involved, and he got our guests involved. I cannot tell you how many times me and my husband heard that it was the best wedding they had ever been too! Jason, no doubt, played a huge part in that! I highly recommend Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment!!!! If you want the best, they most definitely are! Jason, thank you so much for making our day amazing!!!!!!! You're the best!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/29/2014

Brandon from Hey! Mr. DJ made our wedding everything we wanted it to be! As we've never had a wedding before, we really didn't know what we were getting into or even what all we needed. Brandon took care of everything! All we told him when we met with him was that we wanted it to be FUN and that's exactly what we got. Every person who I talked to at the wedding commented on what a FUN time they were having. The dance floor didn't empty until the night was over and they turned the lights on. Guests also commented on several of the more original games/ideas that Brandon had suggested and how great they thought they were. For us, the DJ was in our top three list of most important things for the wedding and Hey! Mr. DJ knocked it out of the park! My favorite part of my wedding day!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so much for the fantastic review. Your wedding reception was amazing. It was an honor to get to know you and Jeff during the planning process. "Favorite part of your wedding day", That comment made my day

Rachel · Married on 11/22/2014

Brandon and the team from Hey! Mr. DJ were extremely helpful and made our ceremony and reception all that we could ask for! Everything went perfectly and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ team!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Rachel! Speaking with you after the wedding I know how happy you were. Thank you for having us!

Paul · Married on 11/15/2014

Brandon from Hey Mr. DJ hosted our reception. His services went above and beyond anything we could of dreamed possible. We knew from the first day we meet with Brandon that he was our DJ for the special day. All of our guest continuously comment on what a FUN reception it was and how amazing and inventive Brandon was. He knew how to perfectly make our event flow and to most importantly GET PEOPLE DANCING. The whole night our dance floor was packed. Brandon & Hey Mr. DJ is the only people you should have do your reception. Thank you Brandon for really making our event the most fun wedding ever according to me and all the guest at the wedding.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Paul! It was my pleasure. Patrick and I had great time keeping your guests on the dance floor. Great party!

Paul · Married on 11/15/2014

Amazing DJ how shares your vision for the perfect reception and bring ideas to help with that. Best decision of wedding planning we made was going with Brandon

Sent on 10/27/2015

Katie · Married on 09/27/2014

We used Jason of Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment for our 9/27/14 wedding and could not have been more pleased! From the beginning we told him we were a party group and just wanted to dance the whole night, and that is exactly what we did. We danced during cocktail hour and dinner and it lasted the entire night. Prior to the wedding, we met with Jason 2 times to finalize all the details and continued to email/text throughout the process as changes occurred and he was always willing to accommodate. He even responded to my 5am text messages - I swear he never stops working! To say he was attentive and detail oriented is an understatement - he knocked it out of the park. Best part of the entire night, the Father Daughter Dance. Jason created a speciality mix just for us to dance too and it was an absolute hit...the guests continue to talk about how it was the BEST part of the night. Thank you Jason for keeping the party going for our crazy group. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

We met Brandon from Hey Mr Dj and liked him a lot. He is very down to earth and I like that he is a nice and confident guy. A lot of DJ's we met while looking for one for our wedding were so cocky and annoying and Brandon is not like that at all. He is great to work with. It is insane how much work he put into our wedding. I had SO many compliments on him and not just that he played great music (which he did). Everyone loved how creative and different our wedding was which was a huge part to Brandon. We had custom intros for each of our bridesmaids/groomsmen which people LOVED. I thought it was very cool that everyone at the wedding could know a little bit about each of those very special people. Also, instead of just telling the tables in order to go get food we had bride/groom trivia where they had to answer a question about my husband or I and if they got it right they got to go get food but if they got it wrong they had to wait. It was so much fun and everyone was very into it. I was really worried that no one would dance at my wedding (I'm not a very dancey person myself) and the floor was packed the entire night. I danced all night and had so much fun and am so thankful to Brandon. I HIGHLY recommend him. He puts so much work into your wedding and is so different than a typical DJ. He played such a huge role in making our wedding so much fun and I loved how many compliments we got from everyone about him! He is worth every penny!
    Thank you Brandon!
    Juliana Farrell

Sent on 01/20/2015

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Juliana, you are so welcome. I love that our reviews are paragraphs long while other companies reviews are a sentence or two. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. I am honored! Thank you again!

Dayton · Married on 07/05/2014

Zach was amazing and kept the party going all night! We wanted our wedding to be a party and we weren't too particular on which songs to play when, etc and just meeting with Zach and discussing a few ideas, he was able to put together the perfect song selection for us and we had an incredible time. He was a great MC in that he was there for the important things, but not constantly on the mic bugging everyone all night. He was great to work with and we truly enjoyed having him there to celebrate with us!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Dayton! You were an absolutely beautiful bride and your reception was absolutely awesome! What a great couple! Thank you for the kind words- Zach

Genevieve · Married on 05/31/2014

Jason Lefker was a complete joy to work with. My then Fiance and I met with Jason on multiple times, because Travis and I were "overly worried about playing the right music" Jason would always say, "I got it, trust me (with a smile,) and don't worry, its going to be awesome" Well I should have listened from the beginning, he was AWESOME! He played exactly what we wanted, gave him specific genres we wanted to stay in, and he did. What I loved most was he knew how to make everyone get up and dance, and knew certain songs to play that worked for the entire crowd. Everyone was dancing, everyone was having a great time. My family is Catholic Conservative, and there were young adults all the way up to realitives in the 80's, THEY ALL WERE DANCING! I can't thank you enough Jason for making my wedding very memorable. I truely believe a DJ can make or break your reception, Jason you definitly MADE ours! I look forward to using your services in the future!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Katie · Married on 10/19/2013

Brandon did such an incredible job emceeing our wedding on 10/19. My husband and I had originally seen Brandon's work at a friend's wedding 2 years ago and were so impressed that when it came time for our wedding, we didn't consider any other DJs.

Brandon is so personable and works hard to make your wedding entertainment customized, personal, engaging and relevant. He has great ideas and offerings to help make your wedding stand-out and really tell your story.

My husband and I were so happy with the hysterical intros that he created for our wedding party, the voiceover messages that were incorporated into our first dance and mother/son and father/daughter dance, and just the way he hosted and controlled the night. We had so many compliments from friends about how original our first dance was, how funny the intros were, how they loved the voiceovers and how everything ran so smoothly. My Uncle even said, "You guys are really putting on a show!" I really feel like we got MUCH more than we paid for. It was so nice working with Brandon and it's a shame that we can't host another big party like that for a while. We will definitely recommend his to all of our friends (although we won't need to because they saw your work first hand)

Sent on 11/09/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Katie, Thank you, Thank you Thank you. It was my pleasure to work with you and it was such an amazing night.

Our DJ, Patrick, was awesome! Our guests stayed engaged and dancing the entire night. He was very polite and professional. I requested a lot of uncommon music and he was able to provide those song requests. Our venue had a lot of stairs so there was a lot of going between floors and he did so seamlessly. He brought us water outside while we were doing pictures and even assisted our elderly grandparents. He worked nicely with our other vendors to organize the day. I was extremely pleased with Patrick and our decision to use Hey Mr Dj!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you for using us and we are super happy that you loved Patrick. Thank you for this great review.

Kristen · Married on 09/27/2013

I told them we wanted a party and thats what we got!! Everyone loved the music and my aunt literally danced her heels off!!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

When the heels fly off from dancing you know it was a party. Thank you for having us!

Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment was fantastic! Our DJ, Jason is one of the owners of the company, and he far exceeded our expectations. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and the best DJ they had ever heard. Jason was professional, kept everything on track and new what the guests wanted to hear. He really took our ideas and theme to heart and made sure everyone was having a great time. I really could not be happier with our experience and would wholeheartedly recommend Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment to anyone wanting an amazing ceremony and reception.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

We had a fantastic time with your friends and family. Congratulations! I am so glad you got the party you wanted. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. - Jason

Cathy · Married on 09/13/2013

We couldn't say enough good things about Brandon, he was the best dj I've ever heard. So many people came up to is saying we had the best wedding because of the dj. He had clever ideas and surprises throughout the whole wedding. If someone was looking for a great dj for everyone to remember I would say stop looking because you will find no one better than Brandon at hey! me dj!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Cathy Thank you. This might be the nicest review I have ever had. I am so proud of what you just said. You know I love what I do and I loved being a big part of your day. - Brandon

Nancy · Married on 07/06/2013

I would highly recommend Hey! Mr. DJ for any event! Our wedding was the best day of our lives and our reception was a blast. We had such a great time and our guests did too. Everyone was amazed with the introduction of our wedding party, music and the games. Everything was so personalized and special to us as a couple. Our evening flowed so well because of Brandon's planning which made everything stress free for us. I wish I could get married every weekend because I loved my wedding and reception so much and had so much fun.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Nancy I loved working with you. For a small crowd your guests knew how to party. i wish I could work with couples as cool as you two every week! - Brandon

Brandie · Married on 06/28/2013

We used Jason at Hey! Mr. DJ for our wedding in Frankfort, KY on June 28th! Man, did he do AMAZING! He literally brought the party. He was so much fun and I can honestly say that every single person that attended, no matter the age, had a blast. From the beginning to the end it was so much fun. I wouldn't have had my wedding any other way. I am so grateful for Jason and to have found such a great company to help me celebrate the best day of my life. When he arrived the first thing he did was ask how everything was going, saw if there was anything he could help out with and helped me and my girls "keep our cool" before going out. After the ceremony he got with the bridal party and pumped us up for the rest of the night. He was so much fun! Throughout the night he had fun games and dances for everyone to do and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night. Before we did toasts or introductions or special dances (father daughter, mother son) he always came and found us to make sure we were ready or if we wanted to do it in a few minutes. Jason and Hey! Mr Dj is definitely a company I would use again for another function and I hope someday I have the chance to!

Use them, without a doubt you will be so happy!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

That's a review that really puts a smile on my face. Thank you for trusting me with your day. It was great putting it all together and seeing it unfold the way it did. Thank you so much! - Jason

Lynsey · Married on 06/01/2013

For our wedding, we requested Zach after seeing him in action at a friend's wedding reception. Zach brought his protege, Kyle, as the DJ. Zach truly shines in this line of work; he gets to know you in order to make your reception unique to you and your guests and he goes above and beyond to meet and socialize with you before the big day. Everyone loved the way our wedding reception flowed and stayed high energy. Kyle did a great job playing our requests and he was just as personable, professional, and fun as Zach. It was the perfect reception, and we truly have these two guys to thank.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Lynsey, I'm glad I got to know you and spend this big day with the two of you. It was my honor and I am sooo glad you are happy with everything. Also Kyle says thank you for mentioning him! - Zach

Leah · Married on 05/04/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He made our wedding more than fun, he added special touches to match us as a couple and our wedding theme! I HIGHLY recommend Hey! Mr. DJ if you are wanting an unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Leah. Making it personal is a big goal of ours so we are really glad you felt that way about your reception.

Our wedding reception was a blast thanks to Brandon at Hey! Mr. DJ. He kept the party going with some great mixes and read the crowd well. The company has a great online tool for picking out music that you want played at your reception. We were a little tight on time and left most of the song selection to them and all went great. Brandon added some classy touches like carrying our dinner to our table for us and surprising us with a special song. Hey Mr. DJ is a little more expensive than some other local DJs but the DJ can make or break the party and we felt like it was worth the money. We only wish the party could have gone all night!!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

I bet we could have gone all night! Thanks for this great review. I so appreciate it. I especially like that you mentioned the mixing. I usually get a lot of credit for my creative ideas and MC ability but the mixing is a my little guilty pleasure and something I have worked hard at. - Brandon

So easy to work with! Will make your wedding one of a kind! Amazing!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Matt · Married on 11/03/2012

We were blown away with the service from Brandon at Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment. He had so many great ideas for games and fillers for our wedding. He was also super professional and truly a master at his art.
    I have had so many compliments about him and how our wedding was none stop fun!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Matt, I love to hear that the guests are still talking about your reception after it's over. "Art" - now that makes me feel good. I really work hard at this craft and thank you for noticing. Thank you for this review. - Brandon