Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC Reviews

134 Reviews for Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

134 Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC Reviews

Renita · Married on 09/23/2018

We absolutely LOVED these guys. Smooth sailing from the initial consultation to the last song at our reception. They DELIVERED! There was someone up on the dancefloor ALL DAY!!! Thanks to Branson and his assistant for helping to make our day PERFECT!

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC 1
    Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC 2

Kiana · Married on 09/15/2018

Kyle did our wedding and it was great. I had multiple guests come up to me and tell me it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! We would highly recommend Kyle and the guys at Hey! Mr. DJ!!!

Taylor · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I had Brandon as the DJ for our wedding and he did an amazing job! We wanted people to be dancing and having fun the whole night at our reception and he definitely got the job done!! Several people told us it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. We gave him very few song recommendations and let him work his magic and we are so glad we did. It took a lot of stress off of me to know I had such a great professional entertaining my guests. We opted to play the "shoe game" and "kissing game" during dinner at the reception and all the guests LOVED it. I highly recommend both.

michael · Married on 05/19/2018

Hey! Mr. DJ was extremely easy to work with and provided us with a great time for our wedding. Brandon was able to work with us even though we were planning from 3 hours away, and took the time to get to know us and personalize our wedding ceremony. What I most appreciated was that during the ceremony he made sure we were enjoying ourselves, even helping coordinate with other vendors so that the reception went seamlessly. We received many compliments about our wedding and what a great time it was, and the mood that was set by the services of Hey! Mr DJ. I would recommend these guys to anyone!

Kara · Married on 03/10/2018

Patrick from Hey! Mr. DJ did an excellent job with our wedding. He was very thorough and made sure to really help us personalize our reception. He really went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the service we were receiving. We couldn't have found a better wedding DJ. Would highly recommend this company to everyone!

Amanda · Married on 02/10/2018

Hey Mr. DJ kept in touch with us along the way, made sure the plan for the evening was set, played the music requested and got the crowd into the evening. Our guests were complimentary to us about the DJ.

Karen · Married on 12/02/2017

Bill was awesome! Two friends from work had Bill as their DJ for their weddings, and he did not disappoint for ours! Bill was incredibly professional and so easy to get along with throughout the planning process. He shared great ideas on how we could make our ceremony and reception just the way we wanted via music and entertainment. Through conversation during our planning meetings, Bill quickly understood the type of couple we are and the kind of party we wanted our guests to have. This led to the right music and level of engagement that got our guests dancing and cheering! I would recommend Bill and Hey Mr. DJ without hesitation!

Andy · Married on 11/11/2017

Patrick did an AMAZING job! He was great from the very start. Everything was timely and done exactly how we wanted it to be. He kept the flow of things moving smooth and everyone was out on the dance floor! I’ve had multiple people call/message me and tell us how much fun our reception was and how much they loved the music. I would highly recommend going with them especially Patrick!! Thanks again!!!
    -Andy&Ben

John · Married on 11/10/2017

They are fantastic. I would like to write more but I will just say that they met and exceeded all expectations. Thank you!
    John & Jen Donnelly

Emma · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't say enough great things about Hey! Mr. DJ. Patrick was the MC for our wedding and the night was everything I could have asked for and a little more. Patrick took the time to get a good idea of what we were looking for at the meeting before our wedding - he asked us how we would like people to describe our reception - our reply was, "fun". I can honestly say, I never thought I would have so many guests tell me or write me later about how much fun they had at the reception - and how easy it was for them to stay on the dance floor until the end of the night because the music was perfect! Patrick was so easy to work with and made the entire night so enjoyable. You should highly consider choosing Hey! Mr. Dj for your event - you will not regret it.

Abbe · Married on 10/07/2017

We loved Brandon! He was very professional and gave us a lot of great ideas. Guests were coming up to me all night to rave about "The Best DJ Ever!"

Kandace · Married on 09/30/2017

We are so thankful that we chose Hey! Mr. Dj!!! Patrick got our party started & kept it going until we couldn't dance anymore! It was an amazing time & we highly recommend them!!

Kara · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved having Hey! Mr DJ for our wedding! Brandon did such a good job at getting everybody involved and up dancing as well as making our reception truly feel unique and customized to what we really wanted. Would definitely recommend!

Natalie · Married on 09/23/2017

We chose Patrick for our wedding and we could have not been more happy! He was amazing and everyone had a blast!! We met before the wedding and went step by step how the reception would go. He was super accomodating and made the reception unique to us!!

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Highly recommended! Brandon and his team were great. The song selections were perfect and there was never a dull minute on the dance floor. The photo booth was also a lot of fun. It was great being able to look at all the pictures the day after the wedding in the book that they provided us.

Our wedding wouldn't have been the success that it was without Hey! Mr. D.J. You should definitely have them be a part of any event you are planning!

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

We met several DJs at Bridal Shows and we just weren't loving our options. Then we met Brandon--- and everything he said just seemed to resonate with us. He was very professional and really emphasized how much more the DJ/MC role is than just playing music. He discussed creative touches that we'd never even heard of and reiterated that Hey Mr. DJ would help our day flow seamlessly. We worked with Kyle, who was a perfect match for us. We met with him about a month before and he didn't look the least bit concerned that I love Taylor Swift and my husband loves... the exact opposite. We picked a few special songs out, gave him a list of suggestions and free reign otherwise. Our goal was to put in minimal input and leave the rest to the pro! We didn't even pick our ceremony music- we just gave him our rough ceremony outline/timeline and he did the rest. We could not have been happier! Our bridal party walked down the aisle to the prettiest version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" that I've ever heard. My mom (who walked me down the aisle) commented, "That is BEAUTIFUL" when she heard it playing. Our reception music was really great too. He worked in some of my husband's faves during cocktails/dinner and then got the crowd dancing for the rest of the evening. It was a superb blend of bride & groom tastes and a perfect start to our adventure together. Thanks so much, Kyle & Brandon! We loved working with you!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. It was awesome to work with you. What a great night and what's great bride to work with. Our new tag line is cool events for cool people and you were surely that! - Kyle

Chris · Married on 05/05/2017

Ever since our wedding day, we've had several people tell us "yours was the most fun wedding I've ever been to!" We owe those compliments directly to Brandon and Hey! Mr. DJ. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter how much you spend on flowers, an eight-course plated dinner, or white-gloved attendants passing spoonfuls of caviar, none of those things are going to make your wedding "fun." That's what we were going for with our wedding, and, boy, did Brandon deliver! He set the tone from the very beginning of the reception, with introductions of our wedding party that we're still laughing about. From there, he kept everything flowing smoothly and made sure our guests had a great time. From the minute the dance floor opened to the time the lights came on at the end of the night, there wasn't a moment without someone on the floor dancing. If you want to be known as the couple with a fun wedding (and who doesn't?), I recommend Brandon and Hey! Mr. DJ without a doubt!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Chris my man thanks for he awesome review. A Rhiengiest wedding with a fun couple and their awesome friends is all a DJ can ask for. One chair had to sacrifice itself for this awesome reception but it was worth it. Thanks again!

Justkn · Married on 10/22/2016

Truly satisfied with everything. Patrick Ray was our DJ but you are really getting more than a DJ. He acted out as a wedding coordinator with great dj skills! Communication leading up to the wedding was great and always made sure everything was clear leaving no questions unanswered. The night of the wedding he was sure we stayed on the timely itinerary, rounding everyone up when needed to be...father daughter dance, mother son dance, group picture into the whole wedding attendance dancing! Without a doubt satisfied with everything...yes, he even played songs we request.

Shelly · Married on 10/18/2016

Brandon is the best, very organized and thoughtful to customize the reception for the best it can be.
    A DJ makes or breaks the event, we had a full dance floor until the end of the party, that is the sign of a great DJ.

Drew · Married on 09/04/2016

Patrick was the DJ for our wedding this past September, and could not have done a better job. He was professional, played the songs we wanted to hear, skipped the songs we didn't, and got everyone in the wedding out on the dance floor, including my 82 year old grandmother. You have enough to think about outside of the DJ and Music, if you want to put your mind at ease, I would highly recommend Patrick and Hey Mr. DJ!

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

We used Kyle for our event and he was great! Kyle worked really well with us and helped us to pick appropriate music when we weren't sure what to use. We gave him some last minute requests and it wasn't a problem for him. There was a moment during the reception when the music stopped because his computer suddenly shut down. Kyle had everything backed up on his phone and was able to get the music back up within seconds! We are beyond satisfied with Hey Mr DJ's participation in our wedding and could not have made a better choice!

amanda · Married on 07/30/2016

We couldn't imagine any better DJ for our wedding. They entertained the guests the whole night and were extremely flexible with various changes that occurred throughout the evening.

Dominic · Married on 07/30/2016

Brandon was everything we wanted out if a dj and more. It's definitely worth the investment. He kept the guests entertained all night as there wasn't any dead time where we weren't doing anything. We have been to over 30 weddings in the past 5 years he is by far the best we have seen. When we meet before the wedding, he came up with new ideas to make the wedding unique and he allowed us to be really creative as well. If I'm budgeting for a wedding, Hey! Mr DJ is the first vendor that I'm booking.

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

We were so happy with Brandon and Hey! Mr DJ! He did so well incorporating my husband and I's music taste, and had people dancing all night! Our guest are still talking about our bridal party introductions!

We were so happy with them! :)

Sean · Married on 06/18/2016

The do not play list is firm. We gave Brandon a guide for how we wanted to night to go and he was great at following and improving our vision. A great example is when the father of the bride made a remark to lyrics in his speech, Brandon picked up on it and played the song when the speech was over.