Hey Jimmy Reviews

Hey Jimmy 1
Hey Jimmy 2
Hey Jimmy 3

Colleen · Married on 12/31/2018

Thanks to Hey Jimmy ...EPIC NYE Wedding!

From the moment the dance floor opened until the 1 AM finale, the dance floor was full. Speaks volumes of a great band. Played to the crowd all different genres - old & new. Terrific MC, vocalist, & talented musicians. Had drums, guitars, saxophone. vocalist & sound specialist working room acoustics. Jimmy met us at venue before the wedding to review introductions, logistics, & made suggestions. Also determined best room location for band. Worth every penny. Guests are still raving about the band. Highly recommend you forgo a DJ and go with them. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Lauren Glass · Married on 11/24/2018

We can not rave enough...

Hi Jimmy!
    We just wanted to email you to thank you for everything at our wedding over the weekend. We can not rave enough about how amazing the band was and how many compliments we got for your performance. You all truly made our wedding the best party it could be and everyone absolutely loved you! Thank you again for everything and the amazing time!!

Sincerely,
    Lauren and Josh

Sent on 11/28/2018

Lindsey Buelle · Married on 09/07/2018

Best wedding band ever!!!!

Hey Jimmy was simply amazing! They came so highly recommended. We have some celebrity friends that hired them for a VIP party and said we must have them play our wedding and we are SO glad we did. Jimmy was so professional and so sweet to work with. The dance floor was so full it spilled over on to the carpet. Everyone raved about our wedding and the band. Thank you Hey Jimmy for making our night such a great party.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Kaylee James · Married on 08/04/2018

Thanks again for a job WELL DONE!

“When we booked "Hey Jimmy" for our daughter’s wedding, we wanted a top-notch band, and that is EXACTLY what we got. Numerous guests at the wedding stated that they were the best band that they have ever seen at a wedding. They were that good. They play an excellent variety of tunes that is pleasing to all, with an upbeat, energetic, and VERY enthusiastic presentation. The Dance Floor was Full all night long! Professionals all the way!”

Sent on 11/13/2018

Jori · Married on 05/26/2018

I can't say enough great things about Hey Jimmy! The band was responsive to all of our requests for songs for our wedding reception, but they were also able to read the crowd and play songs that kept people on the dance floor all night long. People still talk to me about how much they enjoyed the band at our wedding. Hey Jimmy even went the extra mile to send a very special greeting to one of my students. I knew I wanted to hire Hey Jimmy to play our wedding when I saw them play at a friend's wedding a few years ago, and they truly exceeded my already high expectations.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Ellie · Married on 11/04/2017

We worked together for a reception at The Blackstone Hotel and they were so energetic and fun! The dance floor was full all evening and the couple was ecstatic!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Howard · Married on 10/14/2017

We can't give Hey Jimmy a deserving review because of how much we enjoyed and appreciated them at our wedding.

We had our wedding in a tent in Central Illinois and faced thunderstorms and tornado warnings that caused delays and mid reception moves. This could easily have ruined the party but with Hey Jimmy there it was a minor blip in the night. They played whenever they could and thoroughly entertained the whole crowd. About 5 songs into the dancing portion of the night, lightning struck and the power in the tent went out. The whole part ended up moving inside (including the band!). They were willing and able to completely tear down and reset up inside to keep the party going.

It ended up being the best night and wouldn't have been the same without Hey Jimmy. We have constantly been getting asked "What was the name of the band" and hearing how much everyone loved them!

Highly recommend them with the Gold/Brass option (even came through the dinner service and played!)

Sent on 10/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2017

We are so happy we hired Hey Jimmy for our wedding at Bridgeport Art Center! Jimmy and his team got everyone out on the dance floor the entire night! They are so talented and can play such a great variety of music from oldies to today's hits. All of our guests kept commenting on how talented they are and how they created such a fun vibe on the dance floor. We are so happy we hired them and highly recommend them to anyone else!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Emily · Married on 11/12/2016

Hey Jimmy was awesome for our wedding at the Newberry Library in November 2016. They played the songs we prioritized, they engaged with the dance floor, and they generally made our wedding a fantastic party. Jimmy was easy to work with leading up to our wedding, and everything was seamless that day. We received multiple compliments and several people asked how we found Hey Jimmy – we continue to receive compliments months later! And, the price is far more reasonable than the bigger companies out there enabling us to go with a live band rather than a DJ. In short, don’t hesitate to book Hey Jimmy!

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • User5642093 · 2+ years ago

Many thanks to your awesome awesome band! They were fantastic vocalists and musicians and Lloyd was a fabulous emcee who rolled with the many changes throughout the night and got everything right with a big smile. Please pass on my sincerest thanks to every member and I look forward to another wedding soon!!!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Holly · Married on 11/07/2015

To every bride and groom out there--stop searching for a wedding band and book Hey Jimmy NOW! I can't give them enough 5 stars!! Thank you thank you thank you for literally been the best band ever!!!! My new husband and have been getting nonstop messages, calls, and emails from friends and family saying how you are literally the best band they've ever heard at a wedding or an event and we couldn't agree more! Hey Jimmy exceeded all of our expectations (which were very high!) and made our night so special, memorable and fun! I honestly have never heard a band this great in my life and I listen to a lot of live music. The dance floor was PACKED and people were having the best time from start to finish! They are professional, prompt, nice, fun, cool, hip uber-talented and not cheesy! They played every song we asked for and even learned some new ones just for us! They are seriously THAT good! I looked at a LOT of bands before picking Hey Jimmy and I 100000% made the right choice! Book them now before someone else does--you will not regret it!!! Thank you Hey jimmy for giving us the best night of our lives!
    Love, Holly & Bill

Sent on 11/13/2015

Alison · Married on 10/11/2015

Hey Jimmy was incredible! Our wedding guests cannot stop talking about "the amazing band" at our wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Thank you for the great memories, and for making our night so much fun! We are so happy that we could have Hey Jimmy at our wedding, and we cannot wait to see them play again sometime!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/03/2015

Hey Jimmy was everything we wanted and more! They literally made our wedding day the most amazing dance party ever. They played all of our special requests and even learned a song on the spot that one of our wedding guests requested. It was such a blast! Jimmy was so great to work with, and was a fabulous MC for the evening :)

Kristen · Married on 10/03/2015

I'm a little biased because I've used Hey Jimmy for several of the events I've planned... but that's because they're AWESOME. So I knew I had to hire them for my wedding! Jimmy was so patient during the planning process when we constantly changed our minds about what elements of the band we wanted - we ended up adding on a horn section and two additional female singers - SO worth the money! We also had a lot of requests - do not play songs, must play songs, intro songs, announcements, etc. It was a lot of detail and HJ didn't miss a beat! (Pun intended!) They even let my brother play drums for a song that was meaningful to us! Hands down, the thing that everyone was talking about after the wedding (and is still talking about!) was our band - the dance floor was never empty, and our guests didn't want the night to end! Thanks, HJ for making our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Kimberlee · Married on 09/19/2015

A band at your wedding will set the ton for the whole evening. My husband and I were very particular about the band we wanted for our wedding. The band needed to a Pop/country/rap/ party band that was not just another boring wedding band. We were suggested to go see Hey Jimmy live and we knew they were the band for us! Not only did we get Hey Jimmy but we also got Hey Cowboy at the same time for our wedding! They did an amazing job playing current Pop/ COUNTRY / and the wedding favorites. We are huge country fans so we were so excited they could mix in all the pop country songs we wanted and our guests were too. Everyone was on the dance floor the WHOLE night!!!! including my husband and I. They were exactly what we wanted and easy to work with. Everyone said how amazing the band was. One person even told me that they thought the exact song was playing from a DJ but it was the band because they sounded exactly like them! Another person told me they couldn't wait for the short break of the DJ songs to get over because the band was THAT GOOD! Thank you Hey Jimmy/Hey Cowboy for making our wedding the best nights of our lives and the best wedding ever!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Gina · Married on 08/29/2015

Hey Jimmy! was excellent at our wedding! They were able to meet all our of needs from a 2-part father daughter dance to any and all requests. I've had multiple guests ask the name of the band cause it was the best they have heard at a wedding! Would highly recommend Hey Jimmy to everyone!
    Only thing that was difficult was communication beforehand, I assume becasue they are highly booked, sometimes communication was spotty. But all came together for the big day!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Matthew · Married on 08/15/2015

Hey Jimmy did an outstanding job performing at our wedding. We had first experienced them at two of our friend's weddings and were so impressed. We are still ,after 4months, receiving compliments from our guests. They have told us how much fun they had at our wedding because the band was so good, the dance floor was packed until the very end. The one thing we both wanted was everyone to say how much fun the reception was, and that was accomplished because of Hey Jimmy. They perform all the perfect songs and are able to get everyone out on the dance floor. Every expectation we had was exceeded, made for a perfect evening! I highly recommend hiring Hey Jimmy for your wedding, they are well worth it!

Sent on 11/19/2015

We were fortunate to attend another wedding where Hello Nuvo was playing.... hands down they were the best wedding band we had ever heard. When my husband proposed, the decision on our reception band was an easy one. Hello Nuvo can play absolutely anything and cater to both young and old audiences. Their energy and showmanship really engage the crowd to make for a fantastic evening. I would HIGHLY recommend this band for a wedding or any event that you want your guests to have a blast. In addition to being a great band, Jimmy was very easy to work with and was super flexible with our requests. Lastly, we got married in Detroit and were worried about the cost of bringing in a band from Chicago, but we were pleasantly surprised when we were quoted for the bands travel. This band is top notch and a great value. I cannot say enough good things about them and you are missing out if you do not check them out.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Jenna · Married on 07/24/2015

One word...AMAZING!! People may say that they are the best wedding band but Hey Jimmy is actually the best wedding band! Jimmy is just wonderful, so flexible and accommodating! The lead singers, Laura and Matt are an amazing combo (there was even some Iggy rapping going on). The drummer selected from our song list and kept the dance floor packed all night! The horns and lead/bass guitars were awesome too. Just wow, thank you!

Sent on 08/03/2015

All bias aside, we had one of the most fun weddings we had ever been to thanks to Hey Jimmy! We had so many complements on the band and they sounded amazing! I was a little concerned before booking because I warned by the venue (Pazzo’s at 311 – which we also highly recommend) that sound (echo) may be a concern if we have a band or dj play in the atrium area due to the marble and high ceilings. The venue usually recommends having the band/dj in the restaurant area for better sound. I really wanted to have dancing in the atrium area. I expressed my concerns to Jimmy from Hey Jimmy even before formally booking and Jimmy visited the venue. Jimmy discussed where the sound system and speakers would be set up and confirmed there would be no sound issues since they have played in much larger venues like the United Center. I felt at ease after meeting w/Jimmy and we ended up booking them and had them play in the atrium area. They sounded awesome! The talent, song selections and sound quality were great and literally everyone (from my ten-year old niece to my 70 year old aunt) was dancing! Jimmy was so nice and accommodating. He even played special request songs not on their song list for the special dances (mother-son, etc.). We couldn't have been happier with Hey Jimmy! We highly recommend! Book now!

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2015

Booking Hey Jimmy was hands-down the BEST decision we made when hiring a band to play at our wedding reception. Our guests continue to rave about how amazing our band was. They had people on their feet immediately following the special dances all the way up to the last song. In fact, one guest stepped on glass midway through the evening and refused to go to the hospital because she was having too much fun dancing.

If you are thinking about booking a band for an event, Hey Jimmy is your band. Jimmy, the manager, is very easy to work with and does everything he can to plan an evening that best meets the personality of your crowd. They are always learning the newest, most popular songs, but still play the oldies everyone loves. The atmosphere they create is truly incredible. We only wish we had another big event to plan so we could hire Hey Jimmy again.

To our wonderful band-THANK YOU for helping us to create an unforgettable night. We hope to see you play again someday.

-Sarah and Tyler

Sent on 12/21/2015

Chase · Married on 06/20/2015

Hey jimmy really knows how to keep a crowd hopping all night. Our guests were begging the venue to allow them to keep playing past bar close. Their unbelievable charisma and professionalism were apparent throughout the process; from planning to performing, they have it all! Thanks guys! We'll always recommend you to friends and family...

Sent on 11/20/2015

Audrey · Married on 06/20/2015

Hey Jimmy was the perfect choice for our wedding band! They had spot-on song selection for our crowd, with exceptional sound quality and vocal talent. The female vocalist killed it with every song!! They were able to keep the dance floor packed all night, playing one incredible song after another - no gimmicks needed! We had family and friends visiting from across the country, and all of our guests couldn't stop talking about what a amazing band we had! We would easily choose Hey Jimmy if we had to do it all over again. Thanks for making our wedding a true celebration!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Nicholas · Married on 06/13/2015

Honestly could not have asked for a better performance. These guys brought energy, variety, and talent to the table. Dozens of people have told us how amazed they were by the packed dance floor driven by Hey Jimmy. Price was also great and they delivered all we could have asked for. If you are looking for a great time, energy, and fun, these guys are it. If you don't want these things, you have separate issues.

Sent on 11/25/2015

We had Hey Jimmy for our anniversary party and they were awesome! The crowd loved them. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Contacting them and arranging them was super easy. This band is made up of extremely nice, polite, fun people and they really know how to keep a party going. Can't say enough good things about them!

Sent on 11/01/2014