Herman & Luther's Reviews

Herman & Luther's 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing experience

Everything from the food, to the venue, to the carriage house, was absolutely amazing. They work great with you from start to finish to make sure that your day goes as planned.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Sara!! We loved planning with you and Seth for your wedding!! We appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Meisha · Married on 09/21/2018

The absolute best!

This is the perfect venue for anyone looking to get married in Central Pennsylvania. The look, the feel, the food, the service is all top of the line. They can literally do everything for you right at the venue. My husband and I along with the bridal party got ready in the carriage house and it was perfectly set up. It has a beautiful outdoor area where we had our ceremony, then provided everything needed for the cocktail hour and reception. Our guests were blown away by the "do it all" staff and service and still can't stop talking about how good the food was! Becky was a huge help in answering all of our questions as well as setting us up with local hotels, vendors and other details. We couldn't imagine having our special day anywhere else.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Meisha! It was a total pleasure working with you! I'm so glad everything turned out just as you wanted. Your review means the world!

Tessa · Married on 09/08/2018

This is the perfect place to get married!! The staff is amazing! The food is delicious! It was the best day of my life!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Herman & Luther's 16
    Herman & Luther's 17

Thank you Tessa! We loved hosting your wedding with Josh❤

Bailee · Married on 07/07/2018

I cannot recommend this venue enough. The barn is magical, the food is incredible, and the level of service is one of a kind. Becky is incredibly responsive, professional, and helped me stay on track with planning my big day. We had family travel in from all over the country and everyone was amazed by the beauty of the barn and the taste of the food.

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Herman & Luther's 18
    Herman & Luther's 19
    Herman & Luther's 20
    Herman & Luther's 21
    Herman & Luther's 22

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Bailee thank you for taking a moment to review us. We appreciate all of your kind words. Your wedding, your families and friends combined for a perfect day! Thanks so much for choosing h&l!

Mary · Married on 04/14/2018

I am the youngest of 5 and all my siblings had extravagant weddings so I was feeling some pressure when it came time for our bid day. From the moment we signed our contract until the last dance Becky, George and the entire staff of Herman and luther’s Blew us away. Planning couldn’t have been easier with their help and they were extremely flexible on everything. Their bridal suite is a MUST to have such a gorgeous, peaceful place on site to get ready away from the chaos. I can’t tell you how many guests told us “this is the nicest wedding I’ve ever been to” “this is the best food I’ve ever had at a wedding” and the fire pit! More like a bon fire for the guests to gather and roast some marshmallows turned heads all night. Ended the night with a beautiful sparkler send off. Lastly, our photos almost look photoshopped with such beautiful back drops for the photographer. These guys are the dream team of a flawless fairy tale wedding day!

Herman & Luther's 23
    Herman & Luther's 24
    Herman & Luther's 25

Makenzie · Married on 03/24/2018

I got married this past Saturday March 24, and it was absolutely stunning! I knew the moment I got engaged that I wanted my wedding to be at Herman & Luthers. Working with them was so incredibly easy and fun, and I knew that I did not have to stress about a thing. The employees were amazing and the food was EXCELLENT. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married, near or far.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Makenzie! We all loved your wedding! Best of everything to you and Tyler!

stefanie · Married on 09/16/2017

Becky and the staff at Herman & Luther's were amazing and so accommodating! Loved working with them and we had a great event... it is a perfect venue for any event!!

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Stefanie! You organized a great event for LLWS & MLB. We enjoyed hosting!

Henna · Married on 08/12/2017

The day that my husband and I got engaged, we both knew that we wanted to get married at Herman & Luther's. This stunning barn is rustic with modern amenities- equipped with heating/air conditioning and plumbing (this is RARE for such a historic venue). Becky (events director) and George (chef extraordinaire) worked with us to make our day flow seamlessly and filled it with AMAZING food. It was brilliant to see the renovations incorporated from the time we booked Herman & Luther’s to our wedding day (chandeliers, shed-turned-bridal suite, and open-air kitchen to name a few!). We opted to book the bridal suite, which was one of the best decisions we could have made. It was the perfect space to enjoy the company of our close friends and family while we got ready for the day on-site. Our ceremony and reception were both held at the barn. The ceremony was scheduled to take place outside in the field, but the day called for rain; so we moved under the tent. It was wonderful to have the option to have an open-air ceremony (weather-permitting) or to have a tent-covered ceremony. The food though…absolutely impeccable! George worked with us to create a gluten-free menu I could enjoy with options for our vegan guests as well. The staff was wonderful, courteous, prompt, and caring. We thoroughly believe that whether you are local or looking for a destination wedding, Herman & Luther’s is the best choice for a venue!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Henna. You and Tristan were such a pleasure to work with. One of the sweetest couples we've had!

Jesse · Married on 07/01/2017

Becky and George were absolutely wonderful! They made this day so special! The wedding day I pictures growing up doesn't even compare to what I actually had. Thank you for everything!

Marla · Married on 06/24/2017

Herman and Luther's was a magical place for our daughter's wedding. The delicious food was prepared to perfection. Becky and George went out of their way to make the entire experience special. The other employees were professional and hardworking. The historic barn is much more than just a barn! It's rustic elegance makes it breathtaking. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. We would highly recommend this venue for any special event!

Erin · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding at Herman and Luther's was absolutely a dream come true. The venue is beautiful and the staff is so great to work with. The communication is outstanding and they work with you in order to make the day perfect. I can't say enough about the quality of the venue and the staff members that work there!! Oh, and the food is ridiculously outstanding. Everyone kept saying it was some of the best wedding good they have ever had. We also had comments from wedding guests stating how smoothly everything went and how it was one of the most beautiful venues they have ever seen! Overall, it was the best experience possible.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Erin! What a beautiful day you had! We'll always remember your wedding because it's the first time we had bagpipes there...so cool!

Lourdes · Married on 06/03/2017

The entire staff is very professional , they go above and beyond to satisfy your every need . Food is amazing . Becky goes above and beyond . Thank you for giving me my dream wedding .

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Lourdes! I don't know who had more fun, our staff or your guests! What an incredible party!

Kira · Married on 05/28/2017

Herman and Luther's is such a beautiful venue but beyond that the staff is so wonderful to work with. I always had someone there to answer my questions throughout the process. To top it off, George and the other chefs make some of the most incredible food I've ever had. My wedding was perfect. I wouldn't have wanted my big day to have been celebrated anywhere else!

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Kira! You were such a relaxed bride. Your planning was very easy! The best to you and Tom~

Kira · Married on 05/28/2017

I loved everything about this venue! The barn is stunning, the staff is friendly and so helpful, the food is amazing (seriously, we still think about the arancini balls with smoked marinara over a year later)! We couldn’t have chosen a better place to work with.

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Herman & Luther's 26
    Herman & Luther's 27
    Herman & Luther's 28

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Hi Kira! Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words. Hope all is well with you:)

Heather · Married on 05/06/2017

The staff was fantastic and so accomdating! The food was amazing. The venue is beautiful and they continue to add small touches making the venue even better. I would get married here all over again.

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Heather we are all still speechless from your fireworks display! Thank YOU for entertaining us that evening. Thank you for your kind review!

Aaron · Married on 04/22/2017

They were very easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic.

Tiffany · Married on 04/15/2017

Herman & Luther's is without a doubt the most beautiful setting to have a wedding. We did our ceremony on the grass next to the field & the reception inside. We also used the bonfire in the evening! The venue coordinator was very helpful and made sure every detail was taken care of. She was able to accomodate our busy schedules to take care of all our needs. The food is amazing as well, and the staff was very personable. Guests couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful the venue & scenery were. Truly worth every penny!

Maribeth · Married on 04/08/2017

Our wedding planning experience was perfect in every way. The staff showed such pride in their work & attended to every detail. Herman & Luther's menu is varied and the food is simply SPECTACULAR! If you visualize your wedding day in a magical spot where your guests will be treated to fabulous food & impeccable service, Herman & Luther's is your very best choice!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Maribeth! We still talk about Erin's wedding and how wonderful it was! We truly enjoyed hosting your family and guests!

Tina · Married on 12/02/2017

Herman & Luther's is an absolutely beautiful venue with outstanding food! The staff was very helpful and professional! We would highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Logan · Married on 01/27/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Herman & Luther's on January 27th. We could not have asked for a more phenomenal experience! From the very beginning, Becky made us feel so comfortable and that we were in good hands. Our guests continue to rave about the food, the service and the beautiful atmosphere! Seriously a top-notch place to get hitched! Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/19/2018
    Herman & Luther's 29
    Herman & Luther's 30
    Herman & Luther's 31
    Herman & Luther's 32
    Herman & Luther's 33
    Herman & Luther's 34

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! You were such an easy bride to work with Logan! We appreciate you spending your wedding with us!

Kelsey · Married on 06/17/2017

3.5

Wow! The beauty of this barn still takes my breath away. This barn is so much more than just a barn. It has been a part of Montoursville, PA for over 200 years. Parts of the barn have been restored while others are original. It is the perfect blend of old and new creating sense of beauty and elegance, perfect for a wedding. The beauty will leave all of your guests in awe the minute they walk up the stairs. Our guests could not stop complimenting our venue.
    We had our ceremony and reception at Herman and Luther's Barn. Our ceremony was held out in the field past the fire pit. It was perfect weather for a perfect day. However the staff worked with us to create a back-up plan in case the weather was not as we had hoped. Following our ceremony, our cocktail hour was held on the opposite side of the barn and our reception was held inside the barn. The barn is temperature controlled which allowed for all of guests to be comfortable even on a warm summer day.
    The food was delicious! Everything was cooked perfectly. Our only regret is that we wished we had more time to savor the food as we ate it.
    The staff was wonderful to work with. The were easy to communicate with and very responsive to e-mails. We worked with Chris and Becky during our engagement and both willingly gave us their phone numbers to text them as needed for wedding questions. George worked with us a lot too. The staff is very laid back and is willing to work with to help create the vision you want for your special day. Everyone we talked to at the barn was welcoming and willing to help whenever we needed it. During our reception, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed all night long.
    Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we can thank Herman and Luther's for a big part of that.

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

3.5

Beautiful venue with delicious food. The food Staff and bartenders the day of the event were excellent. Staff even brought hors d'oeuvres out on trays during pictures since we couldn't attend cocktail hour. Overall the wedding was wonderful but there were minor bumps along the road. We booked two years in advance and a change in staff caused a lot of headaches when a simple meeting could have been arranged to explain the situation. While in the middle of our outdoor rehearsal a staff member came up to us and said we need to get all of our personal belongings out of the barn because they were going to close the door in 10 minutes, we were never told that we were only allotted a certain amount of time. Our ceremony was in the grassy part of the field like we had planned on and when we got there to set up the grass was not mowed our family had to take a lawn mower and mow the grass the day of the wedding. Inside, the table cloths were not ironed and showed all of the creases from being folded. We were told on numerous occasions that our head table would be served while the rest of our guests would go through the buffet line, this was not the case the day of the wedding, the head table had to get up and go through the line which felt very strange in a wedding dress. A timeline was given on when payments were due and when we asked to have a final bill 2 weeks before the event we were told that they would be too busy and we would get it a some point. The time we received the bill was during our event towards the end of the night after everyone had been dancing and drinking. We easily could have settled the bill the week before, the day before, or even the morning of the wedding. The next day after reviewing the bill with a clear mind there were additional charges on it that we were told were included such as the benches for the outdoor ceremony. We were also charged for more meals than we had originally stated.

Kelly Jo · Married on 12/23/2017

0.5
      3.5

The venue is beautiful and the food is wonderful. The main contact seems a bit pushy and made some false promises. She got VERY nickel and dimey at the end. Would not use again or recommend.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Kelly Jo- I truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry you feel this way. I had no idea there was any problem. I wish you would have mentioned something so I could have done something about it then. I have forwarded this on to our owners so we can make things better in the future, Thank you,