Herman & Luther's Reviews

Herman & Luther's 7
  • Marie

Marie Steinbugl Mcclain · Married on 06/29/2019

The Best Wedding Ever!

The best venue in Lycoming County. Loved working with Becky. They are truly lucky to have her. She was amazing to work with and made the day stress free. We were able to seat 240 people with plenty of room under the most beautiful tent. Had an amazing time.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Marie I was so looking forward to this wedding. I am humbled by your words. Our staff all works together to make these events come together seamlessly. Thank you so much for commenting. I'll pass this along to everyone!
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing experience

Everything from the food, to the venue, to the carriage house, was absolutely amazing. They work great with you from start to finish to make sure that your day goes as planned.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Sara!! We loved planning with you and Seth for your wedding!! We appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Chelsea · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Venue Ever!

We had our wedding here in September and the entire day was absolutely perfect! From the start of the day in the carriage house to the very last few minutes of the night, Becky, George and staff were so accommodating. Becky was so responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. Every little detail we requested was taken care of. The place is so beautiful and the food is incredible!! There was not one hiccup the whole day-it was seamless and I know that was because of Becky and George. They truly went above and beyond and made us feel so special.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Awww! Thank you Chelsea!! What a great day that was. Thank you for sharing your experience. It means the world!
    Becky

Meisha · Married on 09/21/2018

The absolute best!

This is the perfect venue for anyone looking to get married in Central Pennsylvania. The look, the feel, the food, the service is all top of the line. They can literally do everything for you right at the venue. My husband and I along with the bridal party got ready in the carriage house and it was perfectly set up. It has a beautiful outdoor area where we had our ceremony, then provided everything needed for the cocktail hour and reception. Our guests were blown away by the "do it all" staff and service and still can't stop talking about how good the food was! Becky was a huge help in answering all of our questions as well as setting us up with local hotels, vendors and other details. We couldn't imagine having our special day anywhere else.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Meisha! It was a total pleasure working with you! I'm so glad everything turned out just as you wanted. Your review means the world!

Tessa · Married on 09/08/2018

This is the perfect place to get married!! The staff is amazing! The food is delicious! It was the best day of my life!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Herman & Luther's 16
    Herman & Luther's 17

Thank you Tessa! We loved hosting your wedding with Josh❤

Bailee · Married on 07/07/2018

I cannot recommend this venue enough. The barn is magical, the food is incredible, and the level of service is one of a kind. Becky is incredibly responsive, professional, and helped me stay on track with planning my big day. We had family travel in from all over the country and everyone was amazed by the beauty of the barn and the taste of the food.

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Herman & Luther's 18
    Herman & Luther's 19
    Herman & Luther's 20
    Herman & Luther's 21
    Herman & Luther's 22

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Bailee thank you for taking a moment to review us. We appreciate all of your kind words. Your wedding, your families and friends combined for a perfect day! Thanks so much for choosing h&l!

Mary · Married on 04/14/2018

I am the youngest of 5 and all my siblings had extravagant weddings so I was feeling some pressure when it came time for our bid day. From the moment we signed our contract until the last dance Becky, George and the entire staff of Herman and luther’s Blew us away. Planning couldn’t have been easier with their help and they were extremely flexible on everything. Their bridal suite is a MUST to have such a gorgeous, peaceful place on site to get ready away from the chaos. I can’t tell you how many guests told us “this is the nicest wedding I’ve ever been to” “this is the best food I’ve ever had at a wedding” and the fire pit! More like a bon fire for the guests to gather and roast some marshmallows turned heads all night. Ended the night with a beautiful sparkler send off. Lastly, our photos almost look photoshopped with such beautiful back drops for the photographer. These guys are the dream team of a flawless fairy tale wedding day!

Sent on 04/20/2018
    Herman & Luther's 23
    Herman & Luther's 24
    Herman & Luther's 25

Makenzie · Married on 03/24/2018

I got married this past Saturday March 24, and it was absolutely stunning! I knew the moment I got engaged that I wanted my wedding to be at Herman & Luthers. Working with them was so incredibly easy and fun, and I knew that I did not have to stress about a thing. The employees were amazing and the food was EXCELLENT. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married, near or far.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Makenzie! We all loved your wedding! Best of everything to you and Tyler!

stefanie · Married on 09/16/2017

Becky and the staff at Herman & Luther's were amazing and so accommodating! Loved working with them and we had a great event... it is a perfect venue for any event!!

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Stefanie! You organized a great event for LLWS & MLB. We enjoyed hosting!

Henna · Married on 08/12/2017

The day that my husband and I got engaged, we both knew that we wanted to get married at Herman & Luther's. This stunning barn is rustic with modern amenities- equipped with heating/air conditioning and plumbing (this is RARE for such a historic venue). Becky (events director) and George (chef extraordinaire) worked with us to make our day flow seamlessly and filled it with AMAZING food. It was brilliant to see the renovations incorporated from the time we booked Herman & Luther’s to our wedding day (chandeliers, shed-turned-bridal suite, and open-air kitchen to name a few!). We opted to book the bridal suite, which was one of the best decisions we could have made. It was the perfect space to enjoy the company of our close friends and family while we got ready for the day on-site. Our ceremony and reception were both held at the barn. The ceremony was scheduled to take place outside in the field, but the day called for rain; so we moved under the tent. It was wonderful to have the option to have an open-air ceremony (weather-permitting) or to have a tent-covered ceremony. The food though…absolutely impeccable! George worked with us to create a gluten-free menu I could enjoy with options for our vegan guests as well. The staff was wonderful, courteous, prompt, and caring. We thoroughly believe that whether you are local or looking for a destination wedding, Herman & Luther’s is the best choice for a venue!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Henna. You and Tristan were such a pleasure to work with. One of the sweetest couples we've had!

Jesse · Married on 07/01/2017

Becky and George were absolutely wonderful! They made this day so special! The wedding day I pictures growing up doesn't even compare to what I actually had. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Marla · Married on 06/24/2017

Herman and Luther's was a magical place for our daughter's wedding. The delicious food was prepared to perfection. Becky and George went out of their way to make the entire experience special. The other employees were professional and hardworking. The historic barn is much more than just a barn! It's rustic elegance makes it breathtaking. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. We would highly recommend this venue for any special event!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Erin · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding at Herman and Luther's was absolutely a dream come true. The venue is beautiful and the staff is so great to work with. The communication is outstanding and they work with you in order to make the day perfect. I can't say enough about the quality of the venue and the staff members that work there!! Oh, and the food is ridiculously outstanding. Everyone kept saying it was some of the best wedding good they have ever had. We also had comments from wedding guests stating how smoothly everything went and how it was one of the most beautiful venues they have ever seen! Overall, it was the best experience possible.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Erin! What a beautiful day you had! We'll always remember your wedding because it's the first time we had bagpipes there...so cool!

Lourdes · Married on 06/03/2017

The entire staff is very professional , they go above and beyond to satisfy your every need . Food is amazing . Becky goes above and beyond . Thank you for giving me my dream wedding .

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much Lourdes! I don't know who had more fun, our staff or your guests! What an incredible party!

Kira · Married on 05/28/2017

Herman and Luther's is such a beautiful venue but beyond that the staff is so wonderful to work with. I always had someone there to answer my questions throughout the process. To top it off, George and the other chefs make some of the most incredible food I've ever had. My wedding was perfect. I wouldn't have wanted my big day to have been celebrated anywhere else!

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Kira! You were such a relaxed bride. Your planning was very easy! The best to you and Tom~

Kira · Married on 05/28/2017

I loved everything about this venue! The barn is stunning, the staff is friendly and so helpful, the food is amazing (seriously, we still think about the arancini balls with smoked marinara over a year later)! We couldn’t have chosen a better place to work with.

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Herman & Luther's 26
    Herman & Luther's 27
    Herman & Luther's 28

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Hi Kira! Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words. Hope all is well with you:)

Heather · Married on 05/06/2017

The staff was fantastic and so accomdating! The food was amazing. The venue is beautiful and they continue to add small touches making the venue even better. I would get married here all over again.

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Heather we are all still speechless from your fireworks display! Thank YOU for entertaining us that evening. Thank you for your kind review!

Aaron · Married on 04/22/2017

They were very easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Tiffany · Married on 04/15/2017

Herman & Luther's is without a doubt the most beautiful setting to have a wedding. We did our ceremony on the grass next to the field & the reception inside. We also used the bonfire in the evening! The venue coordinator was very helpful and made sure every detail was taken care of. She was able to accomodate our busy schedules to take care of all our needs. The food is amazing as well, and the staff was very personable. Guests couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful the venue & scenery were. Truly worth every penny!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Maribeth · Married on 04/08/2017

Our wedding planning experience was perfect in every way. The staff showed such pride in their work & attended to every detail. Herman & Luther's menu is varied and the food is simply SPECTACULAR! If you visualize your wedding day in a magical spot where your guests will be treated to fabulous food & impeccable service, Herman & Luther's is your very best choice!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you Maribeth! We still talk about Erin's wedding and how wonderful it was! We truly enjoyed hosting your family and guests!

Tina · Married on 12/02/2017

Herman & Luther's is an absolutely beautiful venue with outstanding food! The staff was very helpful and professional! We would highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/21/2019

Beautiful venue

Beautiful venue. This was a top contender for us but unfortunately with so many out of town guests we wanted somewhere that guests could stay on sight, we loved Herman and Luther’s though and will definitely keep them in mind for other future events! Great food great staff! And absolutely beautiful venue.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Logan · Married on 01/27/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Herman & Luther's on January 27th. We could not have asked for a more phenomenal experience! From the very beginning, Becky made us feel so comfortable and that we were in good hands. Our guests continue to rave about the food, the service and the beautiful atmosphere! Seriously a top-notch place to get hitched! Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/19/2018
    Herman & Luther's 29
    Herman & Luther's 30
    Herman & Luther's 31
    Herman & Luther's 32
    Herman & Luther's 33
    Herman & Luther's 34

Herman & Luther's's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! You were such an easy bride to work with Logan! We appreciate you spending your wedding with us!

Kelsey · Married on 06/17/2017

3.5

Wow! The beauty of this barn still takes my breath away. This barn is so much more than just a barn. It has been a part of Montoursville, PA for over 200 years. Parts of the barn have been restored while others are original. It is the perfect blend of old and new creating sense of beauty and elegance, perfect for a wedding. The beauty will leave all of your guests in awe the minute they walk up the stairs. Our guests could not stop complimenting our venue.
    We had our ceremony and reception at Herman and Luther's Barn. Our ceremony was held out in the field past the fire pit. It was perfect weather for a perfect day. However the staff worked with us to create a back-up plan in case the weather was not as we had hoped. Following our ceremony, our cocktail hour was held on the opposite side of the barn and our reception was held inside the barn. The barn is temperature controlled which allowed for all of guests to be comfortable even on a warm summer day.
    The food was delicious! Everything was cooked perfectly. Our only regret is that we wished we had more time to savor the food as we ate it.
    The staff was wonderful to work with. The were easy to communicate with and very responsive to e-mails. We worked with Chris and Becky during our engagement and both willingly gave us their phone numbers to text them as needed for wedding questions. George worked with us a lot too. The staff is very laid back and is willing to work with to help create the vision you want for your special day. Everyone we talked to at the barn was welcoming and willing to help whenever we needed it. During our reception, the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed all night long.
    Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we can thank Herman and Luther's for a big part of that.

Sent on 07/03/2017