Heritage Prairie Farm Reviews

Heritage Prairie Farm 2
Heritage Prairie Farm 3
Heritage Prairie Farm 4

Tara · Married on 06/10/2018

Choosing Heritage Prairie Farm for our wedding was the BEST decision I ever made! I read a lot of reviews during the decision making process and what drew us to HPF was the food for my husband and the rustic, charming venue for me. I fell in love with the pictures on social media and knew I had to get married here. What I didn’t realize is just how special & magical the day would be, all because of the HPF staff. As a bride planning a wedding out of state, HPF made the planning process painless and easy. They use an online planning tool so we have all communication and notes all in one place. They were also very accommodating with phone calls and Facetime sessions instead of in person meetings. They are absolutely willing to work with whatever situation you are in whether it is out of state, budget, etc. Something I also wasn’t expecting was the incredible tasting experience. HPF had the whole tent up, decorated, bar going and even a band playing, which allowed couples to really get an idea of how a wedding works. We had the best time meeting other couples and discussing wedding plans and details all the while enjoying great live music and delicious food and drinks. As for our wedding day it truly was the dream wedding that surpassed all of my expectations. Our plan was to get married outside on the farm, but due to rain the night before the ground was too wet and muddy. I thought I would be sad not getting married outside, but HPF has the most beautiful, rustic barn and it was a magical setting. Whether you get married outside or in the barn it is truly a win-win. Throughout the whole day and night I was just able to enjoy every minute of it, which I appreciate so much since it goes by fast. HPF took care of everything, which allowed for a stress free day. One of my bridesmaids even had the zipper of her dress break and I had no clue until the next day. The HPF staff took charge and sewed her dress just in time for bridal photos. HPF also made a point to take care

Sent on 06/26/2018

Heritage Prairie Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Tara. You and your husband were so incredibly fun to work with (congrats again!). Sometimes things happen, (such as rain or a bridesmaid's zipper breaks) but it's our job to make sure you love your special day no matter what. We love making wedding dreams come true! Thank you again for all your kind words. We truly appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing you back at the farm soon. You're welcome anytime!

Lydia · Married on 08/28/2016

We had a beautiful, small (75 people) wedding at the farm and received countless compliments such as "seriously the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to," and "that food, wow!" My husband and I were both finishing law school and taking the Bar exam leading up to the wedding, so we wanted a place that was mostly all-inclusive, and organized. This was exactly what we got. They were professional, organized and easy to work with on our crazy schedules. We got to make decisions to make our day how we wanted it, but we could also trust them to execute everything flawlessly. When it was all said and done, this was truly worth every penny and I am thankful to cherish memories from our day.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Heritage Prairie Farm's reply:

Hello, Lydia! Thank you so much for your glowing review. We were so happy to host your beautiful wedding and reception. And we absolutely loved working with you and your husband to make your wedding day special. Thank you again for your review. We hope to continue to see you at the farm soon!

Denise · Married on 05/30/2015

Heritage Prairie Farms took care of EVERYTHING leading up to and on our wedding day with such care and professionalism. From our first meeting with the farm staff, to setting up an online communication tool for us to work with all our vendors, to the day-of pampering they were INCREDIBLE!! They even sent us home with a personalized wedding gift that we love and will cherish for the life of our marriage :) Due to a rare cold/rainy May day, we had a lot of last-second changes to the ceremony and reception locations and the staff were on top of making it all happen smoothly!! All of our guests gushed about what an amazing venue we had and how incredible the food, drinks and service was!! Thank you to the entire farm staff for making our wedding day more wonderful than we could have ever imagined!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Joy · Married on 09/12/2014

Jennie was great with planning! It was always fun to go and see the farm in different seasons. It is so beautiful! We had planned an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and unfortunately it was a very chilly and rainy day in September :( But we had the ceremony in the barn and it ended up beautiful! The chef we worked with originally left, but the new chef was very responsive to questions and the food that night was phenomenal! Everything we had was delicious. We were so happy! Everyone working the event was great too- the servers, bartenders, Melisa the coordinator and Ashley the bar manager. We were very pleased with our entire experience and will be back for some farm dinners!

Sent on 10/02/2014

jana · Married on 07/19/2014

I truly can't say enough about how wonderful it was to work with the whole team at HPF. They made the planning fun and as easy as possible, and they created the most spectacular event. Everyone raved about the venue, the food, the service, the setting, and on and on. We are so happy that we chose Heritage Prairie Farm for our wedding!!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Cassie · Married on 09/28/2013

My fiance and I knew we wanted to get married in a rustic location but everything we could find was very expensive and lots of places didn't have a chef so we would have to get a caterer. Luckily we stumbled upon this venue. After our first meeting with Jessica Impson we knew we had to get married here. They were very flexible in helping us stay close to our budget. We had a wedding planner, a chef, a bar manager, a event manager... and the list goes on and on. So many great staff members!
    After we booked our date we were given a website to communicate with the staff members which was so amazing and simple. Any questions we had we could post to the site and it was promptly answered. We had an amazing tasting which was like an event with other brides and grooms. At least 60 people were there to taste the food which we really enjoyed. Doing the tasting this way allowed us to try lots of food while being able to tell what it would be like the day of the wedding since the food was made for a large group and not just a few people.
    I can't express in words how amazing and delicious the food was. Nick, the chef, put together an amazing menu with an abundance of food. All of our guests could not stop raving about how delicious everything was! Everything at the cocktail hour and the dinner was beyond delicious! This was one of the best meals I've ever had and I'm so amazed and thankful it was my wedding food!
    Jennie, our planner at the Farm, was great! She answered questions promptly and was so flexible! We changed our ceremony location the week before the wedding to another part of the farm and they worked to ensure it was beautiful and flowed well.
    Brian, the bar manager (I think), did a great job with our signature cocktails! Sangria is my favorite drink and he did it justice!
    While I did spend a tad more than I would have liked to, I seriously don't regret a single penny spent on this amazing venue. Everything was beyond my expectations and so fabulous.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Aimee · Married on 09/20/2013

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Heritage Prairie Farms. It is an absolutely beautiful, dreamy setting. The staff were so helpful, kind, accommodating and responsive. The food was AMAZING. Unlike typical "wedding food" this is actually stuff I would order at a nice restaurant. And then go back to that restaurant for more (I'm actually sad I can't have our wedding meal again and again. So good!!). I would recommend this vendor to ANYONE.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2017

There are a lot of wonderful things about Heritage Prairie Farm that drove our decision to book our wedding there: delicious farm-fresh ingredients.. flexibility to 100% customize our food and bar menu.. lots of outdoor space for ceremony and cocktail hour (with an equally beautiful barn, as a first option or rain alternative for the ceremony).. competitive pricing on venue rental and catering.. tables, chairs, linens, votives & other pieces included.. virtual planning tool that keeps communications organized, etc.

But what drove me to write this rave review was the level of service that blew us away on our wedding day. I didn’t hire a wedding planner or day-of coordinator, but all the work the venue staff did made me realize it wouldn’t have been necessary. They set up everything for us day-of (seating charts, menus, various signage, guest book table decor, DIY photo booth decor, ceremony lanterns & candles, etc). I simply handed off these items with instructions, and they executed flawlessly. Plus they made all sorts of beautiful touches I didn’t expect (e.g. put bridesmaid bouquets in vases after the ceremony, and reused them as reception tent decor on the bar, etc). My husband and I had our own personal server who made sure we always had a drink in hand, and when I mentioned I wanted to try all the desserts from our spread, she delivered a plate of each dessert to our sweetheart table. They genuinely try to ensure their couples have nothing to worry about, and can enjoy/be present for their big day as much as possible.

There’s really only one downside to this venue, and that’s the weather gamble. We had a late September wedding that ended up being 95 degrees, and there was little we could do to keep guests cool. They set up big industrial fans in the tent, but it was still quite warm. But if your heart is set on an outdoor venue in Chicagoland, and you prepare yourself for potential weather extremes, I wholeheartedly believe HPF is your #1 best choice.

Sent on 11/24/2017
    Heritage Prairie Farm 5
    Heritage Prairie Farm 6
    Heritage Prairie Farm 7
    Heritage Prairie Farm 8

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

My Husband and I knew we wanted to get married at a non-traditional venue and HPF fit the bill perfectly. All the staff were great to work with from the beginning. The tasting we attended in the fall was very enjoyable and gave us an excellent idea of what our wedding would be like. Also, it allowed us to taste HPFs awesome food, especially the short ribs! As the wedding approached Melisa (our day of coordinator) was great about helping us iron out details and answering questions. The day went off with out a hitch and everyone raved about the food and the setting. We also found many of our other vendors off their recommended list and they were all excellent with the added bonus of being very familiar with the farm! I would highly recommend HPF to anyone looking for a rustic venue with a staff that knows how to run a relaxed yet polished event.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Heritage Prairie Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you loved your wedding day. It was an absolute joy working with you.

Emily · Married on 10/25/2013

My husband and I knew that we wanted to be married in a unique setting that reflected our personalities. When we went to visit the farm, we knew it was our place. From the farm to table menu to rustic barn for our ceremony to charming farmhouse to get ready, it was the perfect site for our wedding.

The on-site event manager was excellent to work with planning the wedding. She was very accommodating and flexible with all of our requests. I plan events for my company, so attention to detail and my vision for the day was very specific. It was a relief to have 100% confidence in the details being executed as I expected and truly enjoy my day.

We've received an overwhelming amount of compliments from our guests about the venue and the beautiful setting at Heritage Prairie Farm, and we highly recommend it.

Sent on 11/06/2013