Henry Roy Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Jackie
    Jackie Z. Married on 07/10/2021

Fun and adventurous!

Roy and Hailey are both professional and fun! They had a lot of energy on our wedding day and used the venue to feed their creativity with seemingly limitless ideas. Their style really brought all the pictures to life so we weren’t left with staged-looking poses. We had so many beautiful and unique pictures that it was hard to choose our favorites. We were also delighted with such a quick turnaround for our photos so we could relive it again. We couldn’t be happier that we chose to go with Henry Roy Photography to capture our special day!
    Brittney H. Married on 06/30/2021

The best in the Industry!

WOW! There just aren’t enough words to possibly describe how amazing each and every photo Roy and Hailey takes is!

The best in the industry!! Super fun and easy to work with! I am usually awkward in front of a camera but they made me feel and look AMAZING! I love ALL of my pictures! Absolutely blown away by how good they turned out!

I would definitely recommend putting Henry Roy Photography at the TOP of your Wedding checklist!
  • Brittney
    Brittney H. Married on 06/30/2021

The Best in the Industry!

Alycia C. Married on 06/25/2021

Absolutely Amazing!!

Beyond my expectations! Roy and Hailey made it so fun and easy! Their attention to detail was on point, they were professional with that touch of friend! I was also impressed with the amount of photos! I am so glad we went with Henry Roy Photography for our wedding!
  • Audree
    Audree T. Married on 10/17/2020

Spectacular!

Roy and Hailey were nothing short of INCREDIBLE on our wedding day. They were prompt, professional, and so fun! Our photos turned out above and beyond anything we could have anticipated. They also worked with our changing schedule and the weather.

Would recommend a million times over!
    Brooke Married on 09/09/2020

Best in the business - period

Roy and Hailey are literally the best there is for wedding photography. From start to finish they are incredible to work with and go above and beyond to capture your day exactly how you want it. They are worth every penny and more - there is literally NO ONE else I'd have trusted with my photos!!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 03/14/2020

Amaaaaazing!!!!

Loved them! They were great and so insightful and helpful during the wedding! I was stresszilla that day and Henry Roy photography helped put me and ease and let me know everything i was feeling was perfectly normal. I was panicking about our time line we had set up and they were there to remind me that these are going to be our wedding photos, our memories of the day me and my husband got married. As cold as it was that day and as much as I wanted to just say screw it, we'll have the reception photos, I'm glad they didn't let me just throw in the towel on the photos and they came out so beautifully! I highly recommend them, they are heaven sent and so amazing at what they do. Thank you again Roy and Hailey, you guys are completely and totally one hundred percent awesome sauce!!!
  • Cami
    Cami K. Married on 09/20/2019

Fantastic!!

These guys were our wedding photographers. They did an incredible job! They made pictures easy, fun, and very unique!! They definitely have a creative eye. We absolutely loved our experience with them. I didn't love some of the edits they did, but they are very easy to work with.
  • Chris
    Chris A. Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding photography

Henry and Hailey were awesome! They did an amazing job on our wedding photos. They were fun, detailed and professional. Would certainly recommend Henry Roy to anyone for any photography needs!
  • Ryan
    Ryan B. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing photographers!

There are not enough words to describe how phenomenal Roy and Hailey are! From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, we couldn’t be more thrilled! There were so many photos and we truly still can’t decide on our favorites. They have so much talent and expertise and make you feel so comfortable while taking photos. They are worth every penny and more! Thank you to you both for capturing our special day and for allowing us to have beautiful memories to look at for the rest of our lives! We are so grateful!
  • Melissa
    Melissa W. Married on 06/21/2019

Absolute Best Wedding Photographer!

Henry Roy and Hailey did an outstanding job on our wedding photos. Somethings may have not been perfect, but our photos are beyond perfect!! They both make you feel comfortable and have a great sense of humor! I cant thank them enough!! We will definitely be back for family photos.
    Allison Married on 06/15/2019

Always great service

Henry Roy and Hailey are always amazing to work with. They are so nice and easy going. You don't feel rushed ever, just at constant ease. Engagement photos and wedding photos were both done by the 2 of them.
    Elise H. Married on 06/08/2019

Hands down best photographer in town!

Roy and Hailey were awesome to work with! Tons of fun and they took some amazing shots, so many in fact that we are having trouble picking our favorites! They are definitely worth every penny! I love that they keep and edit all of their shots! They captured the even the smallest moments and we will forever be grateful!
  • Stacia
    Stacia A. Married on 05/10/2019

More then we could have asked for

Henry roy and Hailey are a joy to work with. Hailey did a beautiful job on me and my bridesmaids make up. She made sure to listen to all of our wants with the style of our make up and made sure to she catered to our style and needs. Before henry roy came to the venue he asked if any one of us wanted anything! Which is awesome! The entire time they where fun, funny, carismatic. They listened to what we wanted in our photos and made sure that with got the photos we wanted to get. While also looking for other opportunities to get more. Our photos turned out wonderful and unlike alot of other photographers you get to keep all of the photos not just 100 of their favorites. Hailey and henry roy work so well togeather! Overall we had the best experience using henry roy, then we have ever had with a professional photographer and we will use Henry roy over and over again for all our photo needs.
    Chelsea K. Married on 09/21/2018

Truly the Best!!!!

Hands down the best at what they do!! Henry Roy Photography and it’s crew are so sweet, knowledgeable, and so much fun! Look no further these are the photographers you want and need! They captured our wedding day play by play capturing every emotion and thought. My wedding photos are something out of a story book. My husband and I are so lucky to get the pleasure to work with the Henry Roy Team! Words can’t express how thankful we are!!!!
    Cheryl Married on 08/08/2018
    We cannot recommend Henry Roy Photography enough. Roy & Hailey made our wedding photos special. They captured some great shots and we are so pleased with the results. These guys are VERY good at what they do. They were so laid back and made us feel so comfortable. Very easy to work with! XOXO
    Alyssa Married on 07/21/2018
    Henry Roy and Hailey photographed our wedding and were outstanding. They went above and beyond any of our expectations. Before our wedding they answered any questions in a timely manner and helped our bridal party and family photos run smoothly the day of. Their photos captured our day beautifully, as well as capturing many different moments of our guests. If you’re looking for fun and professional photographers, Henry Roy Photography is for you. We will cherish these photos forever!

Thanks Roy and Hailey!

Drew & Alyssa Hofer
    Amanda Married on 07/13/2018
    Where do I even begin with Roy and his team. They are absolutely incredible. They create a fun relaxed atmosphere even when you have a million things you're trying to stay on top of on your big day. They captured everything we wanted perfectly, even things I did not think of. Less than an hour in and they are like family. Any photos we need in the future will absolutely be done with Roy and his team.
    Laura Married on 06/29/2018
    Quality photos (like those from Henry Roy Photography) will save the memories of your day and will be one piece of your wedding day that you will continue to be able to revisit - over and over! Booking Roy and his team as our photographers was one of our first decisions in wedding planning, and definitely one of our best. Their attention to detail and willingness to do what it takes to get the right shot make them the absolute best at what they do. We are so beyond thankful to the whole team for giving us the ability to look back on our day and relive the moments that made it the best day ever!! Thank you!!
    Melissa Married on 12/16/2017
    How do you even put into words what this team can do? Our perfect day was made a million times more perfect because of Roy and his team. Hailey came on location to get things started with makeup, which was done phenomenally. (And as an added bonus she is there the rest of the day for touch ups!) Then they continued to amaze us for the rest of the day. They bring so much excitement to getting the perfect picture for the perfect day. We felt so comfortable with them and we are absolutely in love with all of our pictures. At one point, Hailey even took her own coat off her back (in the middle of December) for us to sit on to get a photo! That’s true dedication! They go above and beyond to get creative and beautiful pictures. We had so much fun working with them and would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone wanting to have beautiful pictures to look back on. Love Love Love Henry Roy Photography!!
    Augusta Married on 09/30/2017
    The most important part about our wedding to me was our photographer. Henry Roy and his team were beyond amazing. They made sure they captured every moment from the start to the end. I wanted to take something from this day and be able to cherish it forever and having Henry Roy as our photographer he did just that. I will now have photos I can go back and look at and be able to remember the day like it was yesterday!
    Stephanie Married on 09/24/2017
    Awesome pricing for the amazing photos you receive! Roy and his team went above and beyond to treat us professionally and make us feel like family at the same time. My wedding guests even commented on how talented they are. Definitely going to be using him again for all our professional photos!
    Shauna Married on 09/17/2017
    Henry Roy Photography was our first choice in photographers and I wouldn't have gone with anyone else. His work speaks for itself and we are extremely pleased with the end product. We first met Roy and his staff during our engagement photos and immediately loved his energy and personality. One thing that makes him the BEST is that he's not one of those photographers that makes you pose for everything which makes it feel more fake. Rather he will make some suggestions and make you laugh, which make your pictures turn out way more natural and perfect. We got our finished products in a timely fashion and pretty much exactly when we were told to expect them. Great staff, great photos and great experience. Henry Roy Photography is the best in the Black Hills!!!
    Angie Married on 09/16/2017
    Choosing a photographer that we were compatible with that produced amazing photos was my number 1 priority. I read through many reviews, sifted through pictures, and finally came across Henry Roy Photography. After one conversation, I knew they were the ones for us! I am a pretty high-maintenance bride with very high expectations, and wow, did they deliver in a big way! Roy and team were fantastic to work with; they are incredibly fun, easy going, professional, extremely artistic, innovative, and ready to roll up their sleeves to capture the right shot (Roy hopped in freezing water, climbed rocks, trekked through muddy trails, you name it, he did it, all for a great pic)! They really took the time to understand our style, requirements, timing, etc. and far exceeded what I hoped for -- my biggest problem was having too many favorites to choose from! The photos they took captured the day perfectly and seeing them for a second time made me realize it was even more beautiful than what I remember, which is typically the opposite as pictures usually don’t do justice, but not in this case. They went above and beyond at every turn and even presented us with a framed photo from earlier in the day at the reception which was a great surprise and a cool enhancement. Roy is an excellent communicator, responds in a very timely fashion, and delivered the final images exactly 4 weeks to the day. I would highly recommend them for any of your photography needs as they will be the only photographer we use moving forward, which includes 6 hours of travel to get to them. Thank you Henry Roy Photography for capturing these moments that we’ll keep forever! We guys truly are the BEST in the business!
    Daniel Married on 09/09/2017
    Roy, Hailey, and Hannah are the dream team! From start to finish, Roy and team were consummate professionals who made it possible for us to plan our dream destination wedding from the East Coast. They had zero issues doing multiple photoshoots throughout the day with us and our 30-person wedding party, including a 2hr session at Mt. Rushmore National Memorial. The photos we received were beautiful and shot with incredible skill. We couldn't be happier to have gone with the best photography team to capture our big day!