109 Reviews for Hennacafe

User Photos
Body Art (2)
63 Hennacafe Reviews

Manisha's work and professionalism is outstanding. What a super talented artist. My daughter had her mehndi done for her 14th birthday. I have not seen such detail in a long time - and we have been to many a wedding. Manisha was fun to talk to and just made the experience comfortable and enjoyable. She is a local treasure. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Shaheen, 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was a pleasure to chat with and she was able to work with indian and western audiences with ease and charm. She was absolutely part of the family.

She came to our house the day before the wedding and provided beautiful designs for the bride and bridemaid. On the day of the wedding, we had a small meet and greet henna ceremony where guests trickled in and manisha provided customized designs of varying styles to guests. Both events were fun, manisha was flexible enought to customize the events to our needs.

We recommend her services highly! Henna events are a great ice breaker for any wedding, they help the bride and grooms family engage in a fun interactive event.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

I had a henna night with friends before my wedding and Manisha did a fabulous job! The mehndi designs were beautiful and the color came out gorgeous

Profile Picture Tooba, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This was so fun! Anyone who wants to try Henna should check out HennaCafe; she is located in Newton, MA. Great, quick, clean, friendly experience. I cannot wait to get another one done!

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was a pleasure to work with. She is so patient and detail-oriented. I received so many compliments on the fine details within my bridal mehndi. She was also fun - sitting for 3 hours to have mehndi done flies by when you're able to have a real conversation with the artist. I loved getting to know her and having her participate in our family function. Finally, she was flexible - we had more family members from India arrive expecting mehndi, and she stayed long past the hours we had discussed in our contract to make sure everyone hands were adorned.

Profile Picture Rashmi, 8/26/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Body Art

Excellent! SO professional! Made the event so much fun

Profile Picture Aislinn, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

It was lovely working with Ms. Manisha at Hennacafe for my bridal mehndi. She was easy to work with and very understanding. I had asked her I wanted to have some bird, elephant and peacock motifs in my mehndi and she did amazing.

Profile Picture Ami, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

She was such a wonderful addition to our Indian American wedding ! She quickly drew intricate designs and has a great personality! I loved her henna art and she was such a hit that everyone had to get a one.

Profile Picture Deidra, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha's work is absolutely stunning! I got my wedding mehendi done by her and couldn't be happier. Prior to meeting, I'd compiled pictures of exactly what I wanted. She looked at it and gave me very helpful suggestions. On the day, she was punctual and professional. She was also able to perfectly execute the designs I wanted and brought an assistant to make the process move faster. I love that she only uses organic henna because I didn't have to worry about the color of my mehendi. At my Sangeet, she and her assistant created beautiful designs for our guests and worked quickly so that everyone could participate. The last thing you want is party mehendi that's rushed/sloppy or guests spending all night in line. Finally, she is so nice and easy to work with. If you're looking for something special, I'd recommend Manisha 100%...

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

My experience was Manisha from Henna Cafe was amazing.. she was on time, understanding, patient with my crazy family, and super fast with doing the henna!!
I’m the type of girl who doesn’t have a lot of patience when it comes for sitting still for hours.. but Manisha worked very fast and my henna was Amazing!!!
I would 100% recommend her!!

Profile Picture Herneet, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha Trivedi is an incredible artist and such a lovely person to work with. She came to our home to apply my bridal mehndi the day before we left for our out-of-town wedding, and she was prompt, flexible, and delightful to chat with for the three or four hours she was with us. Her work was careful, intricate, and it is obvious to anyone watching her work that she loves her craft. She uses only natural henna with no additives, but after keeping the paste on overnight it had stained to a very beautiful deep red-brown color that is still on my palms, three and a half weeks later. She also made a very handsome, geometric design for my now-husband, who *loved* getting his first henna tattoo and still can't stop talking about it. We highly recommend Manisha to any couples who want henna as a part of their pre-wedding festivities!

Profile Picture Monica, 4/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha is an amazing Heena artist! So professional and accommodating. Loved her designs and how quickly she works too!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was fantastic. We met in advance to discuss designs for my mixed-religion wedding- her own suggestions and what I found on Pintrest. We even included a design by my cousin. She was open to doing whatever I asked. The day of, she was punctual, well supplied, cheerful, and professional. Her work is stunning and stained well. A wonderful investment!

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was on time for Mehndi. She did an amazing design for every single guest and everyone was very impressed. She did great for me as well and took nearly 6 hours for the bridal henna.

She stayed very late as the guestlist for Mehndi went up quite a bit as everyone wanted to get it done. She was amazing with kids and my niece was a fan of Manisha. Her experience was great so that helped a lot for us by her giving advice for putting mehndi for all the guests. In advert circumstances she kept her cool. She is a great professional.

I would recommend her for any of your occasions as she is very professional.

Profile Picture Mamta, 7/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We hired Manisha for bridal henna and henna for guests at the welcome dinner before our wedding. At the last minute, we also asked her to help us with saree draping for the wedding party.

Manisha was one of our favorite vendors. She was responsive, gracious, and a truly lovely person to be around. She dealt with all of our last minute requests with aplomb, and went out of her way to accommodate us. As a non-Indian person who has never had henna done, she fielded my calls/questions with patience. She helped me pick out a design and despite the fact that I didn't know exactly how to describe what I liked/wanted, she created a design that I felt was perfect. I have had so many comments about how gorgeous and intricate it is. At our dinner party, when we had a line of guests still waiting in line for henna, she stayed an extra half hour to make sure everyone was happy.

She traveled to Maine on a holiday weekend for us, and stayed the day of our wedding to help us with sarees. She was detail oriented, helped us look beautiful, and kept us on time. When extra cousins showed up and asked for help with their sarees, she could have turned them away, but because there was some down time, she helped them too. We were getting ready in the hotel but the mother of the groom was already at the venue, and she happily came with us to the venue, even though it meant that she had to rearrange her transportation plans home. While we were getting ready, when anyone needed help with hair, jewelry, etc, she helped out wherever she could. Many people commented that she seemed like family.

I cannot say enough good things about Manisha. She is creative, does beautiful work, is flexible and a pleasure to be around, and has an amazing work ethic. I never thought that I'd feel so strongly about a wedding vendor (it takes a lot to get me excited and I rarely write reviews), but Manisha blew me and our hard-to-please families away.

Profile Picture User5633642, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha is very professional. She is easy to reach, prompt in answering emails, phones and text. Flexible with designs on the day off. Pleasure to work with.
I would like all Indian vendors that offer other services to work like her,
I will strongly recommend her to my friends.

Profile Picture Sheela, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was excellent! She was there on time and very helpful with picking out my henna. Everything was so beautiful! Would recommend her to anyone that needs henna!

Profile Picture User6695775, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Body Art

She is amazing! Not only does she do incomparable work, but she is fast, professional, easy to work with, prompt, and kind. She did my mehndi for both my wedding and my brother's and was my favorite vendor to work with. I highly recommend her, without any reservations!

Profile Picture User6659963, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Manisha did my bridal henna this past April as well as henna for my family and friends. I loved working with her from the first conversation we had. She is very warm and friendly, as well as very professional and creative. Her work speaks for itself. I had a unique requirement where I wanted Seattle and New York represented in my bridal henna. I had some ideas but Manisha was able to bring them to life better than I expected!
She was very punctual, professional, and truly a pleasure to work with! We had two separate days for bridal henna and friends and family henna. Her work is amazing and I highly recommend working with her. Wedding time is stressful and Manisha was someone I was able to trust without having any prior referrals. Thanks so much Manisha for being part of my wedding week and doing my henna :)

Profile Picture User7067981, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

This is long overdue, but Manisha from Henna Cafe performed henna art for my guests at my wedding ceremony. She was so easy to work with, from the initial communications and trial to the party with my guests. Everyone was pleased with her services and professionalism. Everything was flawless and beautiful!

Profile Picture Urvi, 2/29/16, 5 Reviews

Very flexible and accommodative
She is friendly and professional. Very warm personality. I'm glad I got my henna done from henna cafe

Profile Picture User5614076, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Manisha is just wonderful to work with! She is so so so talented and blew everyone away at my wedding with her intricate and personalized mendhi design. I had a few ideas in mind of what I liked/didn't like. I showed her these pictures along with something very specific I wanted and my mendhi was perfect. She is extremely patient, flexible and professional. One thing I noticed about Manisha is not only does she always have a smile on her face, she made me feel at ease and more than just a client. Thank you Manisha for my beautiful mendhi! I'm lucky I got to work with you!

Profile Picture User5465964, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Henna Cafe by searching yelp. The reviews were all positive and pricing was good. After speaking with other Indian vendors, they all told me I was lucky to have Manisha and that she was “the best in the business.” I was not disappointed. Manisha was absolutely amazing!!! She is personable, kind, and made me so relaxed. She came the day before our wedding and did my henna in the morning and was nice enough to do mehendi at our welcome dinner later that night for our guests. She had an incredible number of different designs to choose from. My henna was beautiful, incredibly intricate, and unlike any designs I had seen before. Our guests were also impressed with her and her assistant. They were able to fit everyone who wanted henna (at least 50 people) in within 2 hours, giving everyone a beautiful and different design. They were so excited that I’m wondering when the next time is that I can work with Henna Cafe again! I highly recommend using Henna Cafe for your bridal henna!

Profile Picture User4009756, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Manisha's work is simply beautiful. She is prompt, and flexible to work with.

Profile Picture User5405493, 2+ years ago, 1 Review