127 Reviews for Hennacafe

Photos
Body Art (4)
79 Hennacafe Reviews

4.7

Manisha and one of her associates did henna for my family before my brother's wedding. Both were really delightful and created wonderful designs. Manisha is very personable and experienced in the art of henna. She even makes her own henna cones, which provided good color. Her associate was more experienced with Arabic designs and she was speedy (in a good way). We just wish we had scheduled an additional hour or so because we ended up needing more time than expected to complete both hands (front and back) on about 10 women. Unfortunately, because it was wedding season, Manisha and her associate were both booked for other events immediately following ours. They stayed as late as they could without rushing or compromising the henna designs, but some of our guests did not get as much of their hands/arms done as they wanted. It's something to keep in mind and make sure you specify to Hennacafe if you know your guests will want full hands done rather than just a few simple motifs. It would hopefully allow them to quote you more accurately on how many hours of service you'll need. Still, overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend Hennacafe for your henna needs.

Profile Picture Nupur, 6/13/40, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

I could not recommend Manisha and her associate, Ruhi, more! Both women provided mehndi services for two events (a smaller family party as well a a larger welcome party) leading up to my wedding. At both events, I was blown away by their professionalism, their flexibility, and above all, their talent. Manisha patiently worked on me for 3.5 hours and gave me the most beautiful bridal design that I'm still floored by almost two weeks later- the design came out so beautiful and dark. I'm beyond thankful that Manisha worked with me, and would not hesitate to recommend her to others looking for an amazing mehndi experience.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha and her associates were absolutely amazing. They came the morning of my Sangeet to do the henna for btoh me and my bridal party/mothers of the bride and groom. For most of the girls it was their first time getting henna, and they were able to see a ton of photos that Manisha and her team had previously done. Each one of the girls was amazed by their design and absolutely loved it. They also came later in the day to do the henna for our guests during the sangeet, and they did an amazing job on everyone. Absolutely loved them and would definitely recommend!!

Profile Picture Kathlyn, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Body Art

Manisha at HennaCafe was amazing! We had a tough time deciding on who to go forward with for my bridal mehndi and for our guest mehndi but we are so happy we made the right decision moving forward with HennaCafe.

She was very sweet and accommodating. She helped me choose my design and allowed me to customize it too so I could include things that are important to me and aren't traditional Indian style! I had a block M, the Boston skyline and a small picture of a dog that Manisha was so happy to add in! Everyone loved it and the entire Sangeet night either I was showing it off or guests were coming up asking to see it because they had heard from someone else how beautiful my mehndi was done.

Manisha was such a pleasure to have as part of our wedding weekend and I would HIGHLY recommend her and HennaCafe for all weddings and events!

Profile Picture Ankita, 8/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

We used Manisha’s services for bridal henna for my daughter’s wedding in Boston. Apart from doing a great job of the Bride’s henna, Manisha and her assisstant also worked on twenty or so family members - both American and Indian- on the morning before the wedding and also provided henna services to all ladies at the Vidai Reception over a period of 2 and a half hours. Everyone was thrilled with her work. The designs were intricate and beautiful. Manisha and her team are able to do the traditional intricate Rajasthani designs as well as the Arab style henna designs.

Manisha was always flexible and very friendly in her communication. When the Bride wanted to try doing white Henna instead of the traditional red henna, she created beautiful patterns in the white henna as well.

I would revommend her services highly to any Bridal oarty.

Profile Picture Mariam, 7/29/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Body Art

Manisha Trivedi provided wonderful henna for my daughter's wedding. Everyone was on time, friendly and created lovely and unique designs for each guest. The wedding henna by Manisha was beautiful!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 7/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha and her team are amazing. I had seen Manisha's work up close and personal back in 2015 and that is when I knew I wanted her when it was my time. She really came through. We planned it out a year in advance and as we got closer she reached out to get all the details she needed and the day of, we had a blast. She's not only amazing at what she does but shes personable and enthusiastic. I was not able to give her any advance on what I wanted incorporated but when I told her the day of, she didn't say no to anything. I showed her some images and the outcome was on point!

Profile Picture Tulsi, 7/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was very professional from the time that I contacted her to the day of my mehndi party. Her designs were absolutely beautiful. And many of which were free formed! I 100% recommend her!!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha and Reena are such talented artists! They did an AMAZING job doing my henna for my wedding! It was exactly what I wanted.. they’re fun to be around, respectful of my wishes, and very kind! My henna was so beautiful and I received so many compliments on it! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Janaki, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Thank you so much Manisha and the team for a fabulous job with providing Henna for the bride, the bridesmaids and family & friends. I would have given all out 5 out of 5 but I did hear some complaints from a couple of bridesmaids that one staff was not totally pleasant and brushed them off by saying only a limited pattern will be provided. Bridesmaids were more important than others and they should have been given higher level of service and satisfaction. They were turned off by this attitude and were upset and were afraid to go back and get more pattern done for them. I encouraged them to go to the other person to get additional henna done. But, overall everybody was happy. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Amar, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Very professional, pleasant! Guests were happy!

Profile Picture Amrit, 6/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha is an amazing artist and did such a great job with my mehendi. She understood what I wanted perfectly. She never got tired, and the hours that she worked on my mehendi were never boring since she is also a pleasure to speak with. Her entire team were also wonderful, and everyone at the henna party the next day was thrilled with their work. She is genuinely passionate about what she does, and is such a delight. Thank you Manisha!

Profile Picture Jannat, 6/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha did my bridal henna and was at my Sangeet to do henna for my guests and her work is remarkable. She is extremely thorough and professional. She was so patient and a perfectionist. I was so happy with my henna and it looked beautiful in my pictures.
She is a true artist and takes pride in her work.
I highly recommend her as her work is one of a kind.

Profile Picture Pooja, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Manisha did such a beautiful job with my bridal henna! She has so much natural talent and was very professional and genuine. She made me feel very comfortable and at ease before my wedding day. I kept getting so many compliments on my henna. Thank you so much, Manisha!

Profile Picture Seeta, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha is a consummate professional. She listened to my requests and gave me the exact henna designs I wanted. The henna turned out stunning. Shes extremely talented. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Sakshi, 5/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was phenomenal to work with. We had a bunch of scheduling issues leading up to my wedding (with stressful timings on hotel checkin that might have made it impossible to do my henna in time), and she was SO flexible. She rescheduled one of her own events so that she could do mine the night before we had originally said, which ended up working really well and actually made everything way less stressful. She then came BACK the on the originally scheduled night for my bridal party. She had an awesome book of patterns from which I picked some of my henna designs, and she also listened to my personalized ideas to incorporate our wedding themes into the henna. I followed her aftercare instructions and my henna was so dark and beautiful - I wish it hadn't gone away! I was so lucky to work with Manisha for my henna!

Profile Picture Nikita, 4/27/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was fabulous! She was quick, talented, and a pleasure to be around.

Profile Picture M, 4/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha's work and professionalism is outstanding. What a super talented artist. My daughter had her mehndi done for her 14th birthday. I have not seen such detail in a long time - and we have been to many a wedding. Manisha was fun to talk to and just made the experience comfortable and enjoyable. She is a local treasure. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Shaheen, 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was a pleasure to chat with and she was able to work with indian and western audiences with ease and charm. She was absolutely part of the family.

She came to our house the day before the wedding and provided beautiful designs for the bride and bridemaid. On the day of the wedding, we had a small meet and greet henna ceremony where guests trickled in and manisha provided customized designs of varying styles to guests. Both events were fun, manisha was flexible enought to customize the events to our needs.

We recommend her services highly! Henna events are a great ice breaker for any wedding, they help the bride and grooms family engage in a fun interactive event.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

I had a henna night with friends before my wedding and Manisha did a fabulous job! The mehndi designs were beautiful and the color came out gorgeous

Profile Picture Tooba, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This was so fun! Anyone who wants to try Henna should check out HennaCafe; she is located in Newton, MA. Great, quick, clean, friendly experience. I cannot wait to get another one done!

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Manisha was a pleasure to work with. She is so patient and detail-oriented. I received so many compliments on the fine details within my bridal mehndi. She was also fun - sitting for 3 hours to have mehndi done flies by when you're able to have a real conversation with the artist. I loved getting to know her and having her participate in our family function. Finally, she was flexible - we had more family members from India arrive expecting mehndi, and she stayed long past the hours we had discussed in our contract to make sure everyone hands were adorned.

Profile Picture Rashmi, 8/26/17, 8 Reviews

Excellent! SO professional! Made the event so much fun

Profile Picture Aislinn, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

It was lovely working with Ms. Manisha at Hennacafe for my bridal mehndi. She was easy to work with and very understanding. I had asked her I wanted to have some bird, elephant and peacock motifs in my mehndi and she did amazing.

Profile Picture Ami, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

She was such a wonderful addition to our Indian American wedding ! She quickly drew intricate designs and has a great personality! I loved her henna art and she was such a hit that everyone had to get a one.

Profile Picture Deidra, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews