Henderson Beach State Park Reviews

Henderson Beach State Park 7
  • Carman

Carman · Getting married on 08/18/2019

Wedding of a Lifetime

My husband and I had the wedding of a Lifetime! Everything exceeded our wildest dreams. The weather was perfect, the sands were soo white and soft, the wind was just right! I'm still smiling from our blissful moment. If anyone ever asks me about having their wedding in Destin, Henderson will be my immediate response. The beach goers were respectful and we were allotted our own private space!

Henderson Beach State Park 16
    Henderson Beach State Park 17
    Henderson Beach State Park 18
    Henderson Beach State Park 19
    Henderson Beach State Park 20
  • Megan

Megan Bean Walston · Married on 04/27/2019

Breathtaking Views

Absolutely beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. Very friendly and helpful with questions. I would highly recommend them for a wedding venue. I had my ceremony on the beach and had the reception at the pavilion located directly behind.

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Henderson Beach State Park 21
    Henderson Beach State Park 22
    Henderson Beach State Park 23

Henderson Beach State Park's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day! Congratulations to the Newlyweds!

Reagan Viers · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Experience

We got married at Henderson Beach State Park in March 2019 and we had A BLAST. The booking process was easy and Anne was very responsive to any questions or concerns I had. Since it was March, it was pretty chilly but the sand was so beautiful and the water was crystal clear. I was happy with the low price (compared to other venues in Destin) and would book it again in a heartbeat. At the last minute, we booked a pavilion because the forecast called for rain and although the contract said no refunds, since it did not rain and we didn't use it, they gave us a refund anyway. If you need a beautiful venue in Destin, I highly, highly, highly recommend this spot!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Shaye Wright Kochenderfer · Married on 02/16/2019

Awesome experience

So easy to work with and the park was beautiful!

Henderson Beach State Park 24
    Henderson Beach State Park 25
    Henderson Beach State Park 26
    Henderson Beach State Park 27
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2018

Breathtaking!

Our wedding ceremony and reception was held here on 11/11/18. The park is beautiful and well taken care of. We worked with Anne Diaz throughout the process and she was a sweetheart. There were no complaints, and it is a very affordable (but still elegant) setting for a beach wedding celebration!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Julie

Julie Borns · Married on 10/16/2018

Everything we expected and more!

My husband and I are so happy we chose Henderson State Park Beach for our wedding venue. The dunes, wildlife, emerald ocean water and amazing sunset provided us a beautiful and tranquil atmosphere for our wedding day. When I walked down the boardwalk I was in awe of the beauty that was before me. Not only was I marring the man I love dearly, but I was in a majestic place that was beautiful beyond words. The beach was absolutely stunning! Our guests are still complimenting us on our beautiful wedding. They loved it as much as we did!
    If you are considering a beach wedding, Henderson State Park will not disappoint! Anna Marie is exceptional to work with. Our wedding was less than a week after Hurrican Michael and she made sure our day was perfect. My husband and I have decided to spend our one year anniversary at the Henderson State Park Inn. We left a piece of our hearts there and plan to return in celebration of our love!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Henderson Beach State Park 34
    Henderson Beach State Park 35

Miranda · Married on 10/14/2018

Great Beach Wedding Venue

Our wedding was everything we wanted and more. We didn’t know exactly what to expect, as our wedding ended up being scheduled for the week of Hurricane Michael. Anne Marie kept us up to date on beach and weather conditions and made adjustments to make sure our wedding went on as planned. What was a stressful week of unknowns due to the hurricane, turned out to be well worth it, as the wedding itself turned out beautifully. The beach and pavilions make for perfect sites for a destination beach wedding and reception. We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding and have received tons of compliments on how beautiful of an event it was. I would highly recommended this venue to all brides! Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Christie · Married on 08/24/2018

We had our destination wedding at Henderson State Park. Anne Marie with the park was amazing to work with. She was very accommodating and helpful. The set up for our wedding site was so clean, and made for a gorgeous backdrop for our photos. Loved our experience with Henderson State Park!

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Henderson Beach State Park 36
    Henderson Beach State Park 37

Heather · Married on 05/08/2017

The location was beautiful and perfect. Anne Marie, the site coordinator, was always very helpful. Having a sectioned-off area of the beach made sure we had great photos!

Sent on 05/12/2017
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 03/13/2017

Beautiful park with a beautiful view!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/15/2016

I used the park for my beach wedding and reception on 10/15/16, we used pavilion E and we loved having our wedding ceremony on the beach in front of the pavilion and then walking up to the pavilion for the reception, the beach is absolutely gorgeous and the staff at the state park were awesome!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Keisha · Married on 10/01/2016

Henderson Beach was a beautiful setting for our wedding. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, the park is so nice. Anne was very helpful and made it so easy to book our spot. The park staff were very friendly. Very happy we chose Henderson Beach State Park!

Sent on 10/15/2016

chelsea · Married on 04/24/2016

Beautiful wedding venue and reception. All in one place!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Donna · Married on 05/22/2015

Ms. Caroline at Henderson Beach State Park was very helpful in making sure we had the exact location on the beach for our wedding. Quiet and secluded. Thank you for making our day special.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Carolyn is a sweetheart and works hard with you to create a seamless and easy venue for your wedding! Was the perfect setting and received my deposit back promptly. They are wonderful!

Sent on 02/20/2015

paige · Married on 05/15/2015

Great service. Very prompt return of deposit check.

Sent on 05/22/2015

The pavilion was outstanding with the view of the ocean. A excellent place to be married at.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2013

Everyone at Henderson Beach was amazing. We booked sight unseen, and were NOT disappointed. The day before the wedding we went to go see where our wedding would be held and told them this, and they didn't charge us to go spend the day there. It was very clean. The area where our wedding was held was away from other people, and was very private, even though it was located at a state park. The staff was very friendly, and the ranger kept their distance although while doing her job... They didn't give anyone problems getting in, and there was plenty of space so that no one was crowded in the pavilion we held our reception in.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Celesta · Married on 01/01/2011

Breathtaking and plenty of parking.... Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/24/2011
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/10/2010

We had our beach wedding on 10-10 at 10am so we went the night before and took sunset pictures. We arrived a little early the morning of the ceremony to pick out site, which was no problem at all. This area of the beach has sea oats and dunes and very little commercial bulildings are visible, so it made for great pictures.

Sent on 10/17/2010
  • PrattKara

Kara · Married on 07/24/2010

We booked our wedding through Barefoot Weddings in Fort Walton Beach and chose Henderson Beach State Park. Our wedding was a 7pm start and there was no one on the beach, and the company we booked through had the beach area cleaned up and ready to go an hour prior. All in all, great location.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Lupe · Married on 12/22/2017

I loved the place and Anne was great the pavillion was great size for my event .

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Henderson Beach State Park 38

Rona · Married on 05/29/2012

Pavilion F at Henderson Beach was a perfect location for our day! It was at the end of all the pavilions so it felt remote and secluded and perfectly private! And the pavilion turned out beautifully when it was decorated. It was a great choice for a great day!

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Holly

Holly Hernandez · Married on 05/29/2019

Beautiful Venue

Easy to work with from afar!! Everything turned out great!!

Henderson Beach State Park 39
    Henderson Beach State Park 40

Henderson Beach State Park's reply:

It was a pleasure hosting you both and you looked amazing! Hope to see you both again at the park for your first anniversary:)