Helen G Events Reviews

88 | James Hill, JM

88 Reviews for Helen G Events

sami · Married on 12/30/2013

Helen was able to deliver exactly what we had in mind!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jerome · Married on 12/07/2013

Helen helped us fulfill our dream of having a memorable vow renewal ceremony. Everything worked out perfectly and we will never forget that day.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/06/2013

Helen G Events was great she helped me from start to finish. She helped me find my wedding location and helped me book all my wedding vendors. She also did the flowers and decor for my wedding. I am completely satisfied my wedding turned out great. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in Jamaica.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Marclin · event on 11/30/2013

Helen G's ability to come up with a quick and beautiful ideas at short notice was a blessing.
    She completed my event idea in an awesome way.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Robert · Married on 11/02/2013

My wife wanted to do the wedding by herself and was getting stressed out with the planning.
    A friend recomended Helen G Events and we decided to hire them.
    The service from Helen G Events was fantastic. It was like pressing the easy button.
    Helen was very attentive to our needs and kept in constant contact with us which put my wife at ease. She provided excellent advice in choosing caterers and other supliers that were needed for the wedding.
    She took the stress out of the wedding plannig and allowed us to just focus on getting married.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Anthony · Married on 07/27/2013

Helen Graham was contacted a week before our wedding when our original plans were aborted.
    she responded imediately and our event was a great success. She was very professional and knowledgeable in the execution of the job, easy to talk to, flexible in her decissions, met or bettered agreed timelines, had a very pleasing personality.
    In all the experience with Helen was extremely gratifying and we would strongly recomend her.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Joe · Married on 06/29/2013

If anyone is planning on doing a destination wedding in Jamaica, I have one very simple piece of advice for you. CALL HELEN G EVENTS. Entrusting Helen Graham with planning our wedding was easily the best decision that my wife and I have ever made. She could not have been more professional and ALWAYS puts her client first. We truly felt that Helen made us her number one priority. Her responsiveness and professionalism were second to none. It was remarkable how she was able to take the vague ideas that my wife had for how she wanted our wedding to look and make them come to life more beautiful and perfect than we could have ever imagined. To put it simply, she just gets it. Helen literally removed all of the stresses from planning for the wedding. She makes her client feel totally at ease and she handles her business. We heard afterward through another source of several things behind then scenes that could have been potential problems that Helen totally jumped out in front of and fixed. She never even allowed us to have a worry in the world, and just allowed us to focus on enjoying and remembering our special day. I cannot say enough good things about Helen Graham. It was an honor and a privilege to work with her and I hope that anyone planning on a destination wedding in Jamaica will read this and have the pleasure of doing the same!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/01/2013

The day couldn't have went better! Helen is great at her job and she gave me my perfect wedding. I would recommend Helen G events for anyone planning on getting married in Jamaica.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Lindsay · Married on 04/28/2013

I don't even know where to begin... Helen & Paul of Helen G Events made our wedding into
    something that was beyond our dreams. My husband and I are wedding photographers in jamaica
    and I have seen all kinds of weddings for over 10 years now, I was truly amazed by what they did for us. All we did was tell them the necessary details and our colour choices
    and left the rest up to them and the result absolutely stunning!! I still can't believe
    what they created for us. Helen & Paul are true artists and as I a photographer I know that creative people work best when they are given freedom, that is why I trusted them to know what was best for us.
    Helen & Paul truly care about the people they work with, they go above and beyond to make people happy. There is no amount of money that could pay for the happiness my husband and I felt as we sat at our table and saw what they did for us. My only regret is that I couldn't pick up my camera and photograph my own wedding!! As a bride and a professional wedding photographer I without a doubt recommend Helen G Events as the Very Best Event Planners in Jamaica.

Lindsay & Sheldon
    April 28, 2013
    Coyaba Gardens

Sent on 05/05/2013

Lisa-Marie · Married on 03/03/2013

Helen Graham is simply amazing. Planning my wedding while I was oversees wasn't easy but then
    I got in touch with Helengevents and everything just fell into place. Our wedding took place on the beach in Ochos Rios 3 days ago and was fabulous.
    Helen was in touch with me constantly and her customer service was always on point.
    She was always on hand to make suggestions for any alternatives where necessary.
    On the day of my wedding it rained real bad but Helen reassured me, it would eventually stop and everything would just be so perfect. She was absolutely right the rain stopped and we had such a wonderful wedding.
    Helen and her team went above and beyond what was expected and I am most grateful more than words can express. Everybody loved the wedding set up, had a few tears too. Helen on behalf of Kevin and myself we would like to thank you for a magical and truly awesome wedding day.
    Kevin & Lisa-Marie

Sent on 03/06/2013

Madisyn · Married on 10/12/2012

Helen was great!! I regret NOT using her for my entire wedding! We got married in Ocho Rios & used her services for the flowers. Flowers were beautiful! Wonderfully wrapped as I requested, full and just lovely. They were delivered hours before the wedding and didn't change colors or anything to my surprise as she ensured me!

Helen was always reachable via email and phone. She arrived on time, although our meet was quick due to the stress and busy-ness of the day...she was great and even gave me a complimentary toss bouquet due to the circumstances! I plan on using Helen again if ever needed when I'm in Jamaica, and certainly would refer her to anyone! (Don't be deceived by some images online- you can ensure whatever photos you send her she can deliver!!!)

Sent on 11/16/2012

Emily · Married on 09/09/2012

Helen has been extremely helpful thus far in my wedding planning. I am a control freak and she has made me feel comfortable in letting go and relaxing a little bit. I found the hotel in particular difficult to coordinate with for the destination wedding and Helen handled all vendor coordination with them while continuously keeping me abreast of all discussions. She has also recommended other vendors to me that she has worked with before - having Helen as a resource has been abundantly satisfying. I look forward to the continued planning and her valued suggestions.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Shawna · Married on 08/03/2012

I can not say enough about Helen G. Events. My wedding was absolutely fabulous and I'm so grateful I chose to work with Helen. My wedding was planned in a little over 6 months and everything fell in to place beautifully. Because I was having such a large wedding coming from the US to Jamaica, I needed to make sure I worked with someone experienced and thorough. I wasn't able to come to Jamaica prior to my wedding to interview vendors and make selections on my own. Helen was Angel! All of her recommendations were perfect! She was extremely organized, and efficient. Whenever I had a question she was always available and quick to respond. We loved our decor, the flowers and the set-up. All of our guests and family were so pleased. All night everyone kept saying "WOW" Since we've been back we've received calls from so many people praising our wedding and telling us how beautiful everything was. Helen was amazing and everything truly exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Esther · Married on 03/05/2011

Helen is a dream. She was right on point with everything I needed to make my day the best ever. She had awesome, unique ideas that I saw nowhere else. She patiently worked with me and tweaked the designs until what I wanted matched my budget. My guests were in awe because of the great job she did. I can definitely say that the beauty of my wedding day and the photos would not have been possible with Helen and her awesome staff. I highly recommend her - I wish I could get married again so she can do another one of her amazing designs for me ... LOL ... I'm already planning my 5 year anniversary party with her :)

Sent on 02/07/2012

Dawn · Married on 12/19/2009

Organizing a wedding in Jamaica from the UK was always going to be challenging but thanks to Helen and her team the day went without a hitch. Nothing was too much trouble and their professional, friendly service is second to none. I would recommend them without hesitation. Thanks once again!

Sent on 01/11/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 01/14/2017

I had first contacted Helen G about a year before my wedding. Since than I received nothing but the best of service. Being a bride from New York and planning a destination wedding, the main quality I was looking for in a planner was responsiveness. And that is exactly why I chose Helen G. I would receive emails in a quick and efficient manner, which helped eliminate a lot of stress! My wedding day just passed this weekend and my entire vision came to life with Helen and team! The day and night was incredible and my guests have not stopped raving about the wedding. I would recommend Helen G 1000%!!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Brandon and I got married in Jamaica at the end of January in the backyard of a Villa rental. We were recommended Helen by our Rental Company and I am very happy that we chose to work with her. I was not totally sure what to expect given that I had never coordinated a destination wedding, but the end result that Helen oversaw went beyond my expectations. Brandon and I, as well as all of our guests, had a great time and thought it was all well done and well coordinated. There even was rain right after our ceremony but we were able to adjust the furniture for the cocktail hour and luckily had a tent so people could still enjoy cocktails. The only slight snafu came from our photographer who was late in providing our photos due to technical software issues he had encountered, but he was apologetic and provided us with a complimentary photobook to compensate us.

In all - I was very happy with how the wedding looked, loved my cake, and had a wonderful time at my wedding. Thank you Helen for helping make our wedding so special!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Helen was very responsive to our requests. She has several gift packages to choose from if you don't know what you want, but you're able to mix and match as much as you'd like to make it your own. We selected the Jamaican Sweets, Rum Cakes, Jerk Sauce and Blue Mountain Coffee. Every guest loved them.

Sent on 11/26/2015

Kimani · Married on 06/03/2015

I've been so eager to write this review to give feedback on the experience we had with Helen G Events. Two months before our destination wedding, we were becoming dissatisfied with the options that were being offered from the resort and wanted to go with an off-resort option instead. After reading all the positive reviews and doing my research online, I contacted Helen and we have never looked back! Helen responded to emails rapidly (within minutes to 1 day maximum) and was patient in answering every and any question we had. She helped us to make choices for venues, food, music, etc. with ease and her experience in these areas really shone through. She REALLY listened to us and was able to create an unforgettable wedding experience for us and almost 80 guests... in under a month! The reception and ceremony decor was spectacular, food was delicious Jamaican cuisine, DJ was perfect, steel pan band was amazing, transportation/drivers were professional and very courteous! All the vendors used were of superior quality! Helen and her assistant were on top of everything from A-Z and we weren't even aware of any hiccups along the way - we only heard about them after.. they handled it all so beautifully and professionally. Our guests describe our wedding as "flawless" and "beautiful". They were so impressed that some of them wanted to know if she did work outside of Jamaica! It was really quite spectacular.. we are still on a high from our wedding. If you want personalized service for an outstanding event, you will have no regrets with Helen G Events. If anyone has questions or needs more information about the experience, I'd be happy to chat about it.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Emily · Married on 02/17/2015

Helen provided wonderful services. She responded to all communication within 24 hours, and her communication was clear and to the point. Nothing was misleading, and all questions were answered immediately. The coffee wedding favours were delivered to my resort in Jamaica as promised in a timely manner. She incorporated our wedding monogram onto the logo, as well as a beautiful, scenic image of Jamaica. She provided us with ample time to review the logo prior to printing, although she did such a precise and wonderful job no revisions were required. Everyone loved the favours, and for $6.00USD they were well worth the price and convenience. I highly recommend destination wedding couples do something similar, as bringing favours for 60 guests would have cost much more and taken considerable time to assemble/space to pack. This was a simple, affordable, and appropriate wedding favour which all my guests, ranging in age from 18-82 loved to take home as a souvenir (both of our wedding and of their time in Jamaica).

Sent on 02/23/2015

Ereese · Married on 12/28/2014

The services provided by Helen G was superb. It was beyond what my husband, family, friends and I were expecting. The entire event was well coordinated and executed. We have been getting good comments event after a week. Guests noted that it is the best wedding they have attended and my husband and I agreed that this statement is 150% true. Thanks to Helen G and her team for a memorable wedding.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Ordered flowers for my wedding. They were exactly what I was looking for and reasonably priced.

Sent on 12/27/2014
  • Z

Suesanne · Married on 12/19/2012

my guests were amazed at the style of my program. they were also impressed of the dual purpose it serves. Im pleased with the service offered.

Sent on 12/24/2012

Sandy · Married on 07/09/2011

I was completely satisfied with the service I received from Helen G Events. Helen catered to my every needs and everything went as planned, the wedding was so beautiful and I was so happy I didn't have anything to worry about on my special day she took care of everything. I would recommend her services to anybody seeking to get married she was really wonderful to work with and so prepared. To this day my husband and I are so thankful for her dedication to making everything so perfect.

Sent on 01/13/2012

Christina · Married on 10/08/2016

Helen took care of everything! We contacted her in a rush (about one week's notice) because we were going to Jamaica for another event and, having just gotten engaged, decided it would be a good time to select a venue. Helen made time in her busy schedule to meet with us, and although she couldn't be there herself, arranged for one of her assistants to show us several venues in Ocho Rios during our visit. With such short notice the service was great! When we got back to the States, she guided us through all the major decisions and gave us a checklist of what needed to be done. One thing I would say is that we had to be self motivated because there are a fair number of things we needed to take care of on our own and she didn't hold our hands and make sure we were handling what needed to be handled. She would check in and make sure these tasks were being handled on schedule.

She's also very busy so it may take a few days to hear back from her at times. While this was frustrating sometimes (mostly because I am a type A personality) in the end everything turned out great! The things we had made decisions on together were exactly as we wanted them and the things we left up to her discretion fell in line perfectly with our vision. This is a woman who knows what she's doing when it comes to wedding planning! It's definitely not cheap but she will give you access to all the best Jamaica has to offer for your wedding and everything will be perfect!

Thanks, Helen for a wedding that we and our friends and family will remember for years to come!

Sent on 10/31/2016