Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

84 Reviews for Helen G Events Jamaica

Prints (1)
Props (1)
82 Helen G Events Jamaica Reviews

4.7

We were so pleased with Helen and her team! Steve and I were married on Dec 3rd, for what turned out to be a sunset ceremony on the beach. There was some concern about the weather that day, as it was drizzling that morning. Helen was already prepared with an alternate location when I called her regarding my concern! She absolutely transformed the rooftop terrace where the reception was held, too! The villa was almost unrecognizable!! She was very patient with me (as a first time bride), too! :-) She was very responsive when we had any questions regarding the process We LOVED the DJ she hired, too! He was so great with my 8 year old niece; even allowing her to look at his song selection, and add a few to the playlist! He really catered to our group!

Profile Picture Cheri, 11/11/18, 1 Review
2.8

I was very specific on how I wanted the decor for my wedding ceremony and reception, and Helen and her team brought some of my vision to fruition. My husband and I also flew to Jamaica 5 months prior to our wedding to meet with Helen to discuss the logistics and decor for our wedding this past weekend. The decor was decent, but I figured that I would receive the "wow" factor for the price I paid, but the decor was just okay.
1) I requested each chair tie for each chivalry chair in the reception which was missing.
2) none of the floating candles were actually lit
3) I requested votive candles for each table and those were completely missing
I would recommend a couple to hire Helen as their decorator but also meet with her prior to your big day to really finalize how you want your decor.

Profile Picture Jazmin, 3/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

Helen G Events did the décor for our wedding in Montego Bay. We were so happy with how everything came together. We spoke with Helen by phone and by email and we are happy to see that everything we wanted was delivered and arranged perfectly to our satisfaction. Helen was very responsive to our inquiries and requests, and worked very hard to meet our expectations. Helen allowed us to customize our vision for the wedding décor, and used her expert knowledge and experience to ensure to steer us when we were uncertain. We highly recommend working with Helen to design and arrange your events.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

My husband and I rented an arbor for our wedding in Jamaica. Helen was patient and flexible in presenting me with my options. Arbor arrived and was set up on time and as planned.

Profile Picture Alanda, 4/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I've recently made contact with Helen re some centrepieces. She has been very accommodating and supportive, so far and I'm confident that her company will deliver the service in March.

Profile Picture User7660142, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I had first contacted Helen G about a year before my wedding. Since than I received nothing but the best of service. Being a bride from New York and planning a destination wedding, the main quality I was looking for in a planner was responsiveness. And that is exactly why I chose Helen G. I would receive emails in a quick and efficient manner, which helped eliminate a lot of stress! My wedding day just passed this weekend and my entire vision came to life with Helen and team! The day and night was incredible and my guests have not stopped raving about the wedding. I would recommend Helen G 1000%!!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I just wanted to find some small bottles of Jamaican rum to give to my wedding guests. I looked in the right place! These were delivered right to our resort (waiting in our room when we arrived), were carefully packaged, and were a great size to give as gifts. Our friends and family were delighted! We made sure to keep some for ourselves, too ;-) Helen was very responsive to my email inquiries.

Profile Picture Zosha, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning

Helen took care of everything! We contacted her in a rush (about one week's notice) because we were going to Jamaica for another event and, having just gotten engaged, decided it would be a good time to select a venue. Helen made time in her busy schedule to meet with us, and although she couldn't be there herself, arranged for one of her assistants to show us several venues in Ocho Rios during our visit. With such short notice the service was great! When we got back to the States, she guided us through all the major decisions and gave us a checklist of what needed to be done. One thing I would say is that we had to be self motivated because there are a fair number of things we needed to take care of on our own and she didn't hold our hands and make sure we were handling what needed to be handled. She would check in and make sure these tasks were being handled on schedule.

She's also very busy so it may take a few days to hear back from her at times. While this was frustrating sometimes (mostly because I am a type A personality) in the end everything turned out great! The things we had made decisions on together were exactly as we wanted them and the things we left up to her discretion fell in line perfectly with our vision. This is a woman who knows what she's doing when it comes to wedding planning! It's definitely not cheap but she will give you access to all the best Jamaica has to offer for your wedding and everything will be perfect!

Thanks, Helen for a wedding that we and our friends and family will remember for years to come!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Vases, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Helen G Events made our dream wedding a reality ! With her impeccable attention to detail our decor far surpassed expectations ! Planning a wedding from the US via emails isn't an easy task but Helen was patient , flexible and her responsiveness was outstanding ! We are very pleased with her work and it was such a great pleasure working with her . We would highly recommend her instead of Tai Flora in Jamaica . We originally were going to use Tai Flora for our decor but their slow responsiveness and unwillingness to work within our budget made us look elsewhere and we are so happy we found Helen G Events . We will be referring friends and family to her for future events and will definitely use her services again in the future ! Thank you so much Helen ! Love the Humphreys

Profile Picture Trudy-Ann, 9/19/16, 1 Review
0.7

Recently had a wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica where Helen G was our wedding planner. Definitely contemplated writing this review for over a month, but I believe in transparency. If you are vendor, and you blatantly under-perform, I believe others should be made aware, before they make their decision. Getting time with her to discuss our wedding was like pulling teeth. I wondered who was paying who at times. On the day, there were things that were haphazardly organized. On top of it all, I received a complaint from a guest who said our wedding planner "was rude to them," which was the straw that broke the camel's back. When we communicated the issues there was a level of arrogance to suggest that "we didn't have to recommend her if we didn't want to." Also, a piece of property belonging to us has gone missing and there has been a complete lack of urgency and nonchalance to track it down. She also did not work well with our decor provider and overall her services were subpar, at best.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7340638, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Helen and her team for floral, decor and lighting for our wedding ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner at Roundhill Resort and Villas.
We had a vague idea of what we liked from looking on Pinterest etc but the final layout of the space and the number of guests was in flux for a long time but Helen was very flexible. But most importantly she was able to interpret what we had tried to describe into a beautiful pulled together look across the two days. The floral arrangements were gorgeous but it was the lighting and accessories that really impressive - both events were at dusk and the lighting really highlighted the decor. Helen was very responsive by email which was important because we were organising from Europe. She was also able to work independently with the wedding coordinator from the hotel.
All in all we were really happy with the process and final product. It was exactly what we wanted and very pain free and excellent value for money.

Profile Picture Juliette , 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Lounge Furniture, Tables, China

We recently got married at Firefly Oracabessa. We used Helen G Events as our wedding organiser she was absolutely fabulous everything was just as I wanted we loved it. We were running about 1 hour late but nothing was a problem and all went according to plan. I would recommend for the support, professionalism and the excellent communication.
Thank you Helen we have amazing memories. x

Profile Picture susan, 7/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

If your getting married in Jamaica, choose Helen and her team for the wedding of your dreams! It was hard and stressful planning a wedding from another country, especially since your not there in person planning and seeing everything come to life but when I arrived at my venue (Bellefield Great House), it was absolutely breathtaking! Helen and her team went above and beyond and gave me the wedding of my dreams! Everything was perfect! I can not say this enough but Helen, thank you for everything that you have done especially your team. Everyone had a blast and I still get compliments to date. All future brides, if you have any questions please feel free to email me personally steixeira2486@gmail.com. I can also email pictures.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY... YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR DECISION TO HIRE HELEN AND HER TEAM FOR YOUR WEDDING!

Profile Picture Sonia, 6/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Backdrop(s), CD/DVD of Images, Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Photobooth, Signage, Tables, Tents, Vases

Our wedding reception Helen planned for us was everything and more. We were truly pleased. We had a great time and all our guests enjoyed it all. Helen was a lovely lady and all her staff were very friendly and professional. We will recommend Helen G to all our friends for any future weddings or parties in Jamaica.

Profile Picture Claire, 6/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

I used Helen for my flowers. I had them delivered to my resort. Helen was quick to respond to emails and calls. It's very hard planning a destination wedding so for me I needed someone who was quick to respond back to emails. As for other vendors that I looked at in Jamaica, it was taking 2-3months for some florists just to respond and when they did respond back, the quotes were very pricey. I was quite impressed with the quality of the flowers and they were delivered just as I had sent to her in pictures.

Profile Picture Kay, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Helen G Events went the extra mile to make the flowers and décor exceptional. They were very responsive to my requests and made suggestions on how my ideas could be improved. I am very please with the service that I received

Profile Picture User6673628, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We organised everything by email, so we had to trust Helen to be doing the right thing. She didn't let us down. Everything she promised was delivered and we had a perfect day.

Profile Picture User6536068, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Helen G Events was more than my wedding planner. Helen was there for me every step of the way. She would give me suggestions, advice, what other people did at their wedding and comforted me when I was starting to freak out. My wedding was perfect and everything was taken care of by Helen and her team from planning to execution. I usually find faults with a lot of service oriented professionals, but Helen G made my wedding exceptional. I would recommend her to any couple and would use her services again for future major events.

Profile Picture Sally, 2/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Brandon and I got married in Jamaica at the end of January in the backyard of a Villa rental. We were recommended Helen by our Rental Company and I am very happy that we chose to work with her. I was not totally sure what to expect given that I had never coordinated a destination wedding, but the end result that Helen oversaw went beyond my expectations. Brandon and I, as well as all of our guests, had a great time and thought it was all well done and well coordinated. There even was rain right after our ceremony but we were able to adjust the furniture for the cocktail hour and luckily had a tent so people could still enjoy cocktails. The only slight snafu came from our photographer who was late in providing our photos due to technical software issues he had encountered, but he was apologetic and provided us with a complimentary photobook to compensate us.

In all - I was very happy with how the wedding looked, loved my cake, and had a wonderful time at my wedding. Thank you Helen for helping make our wedding so special!

Profile Picture User6775942, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.4

The wedding was beautiful helen did a fantastic job. However not all my requirements where met which disapointed me as they were personal requirements to make our day special. If they couldn't have been done I would have rather been told than ignored.

Profile Picture User6233500, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Helen was very professional, and timely when responding to emails. After an initial discussion describing what I wanted for the event decor, she was able to provide this without a hitch or any deviation from what I envisioned. Everyone was happy and someone at the party was so impressed with the decor and that they asked for her information. I would definitely tell all my friends who wish to host an event in Jamaica to use the services of Helen G Events.

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Helen was very responsive to our requests. She has several gift packages to choose from if you don't know what you want, but you're able to mix and match as much as you'd like to make it your own. We selected the Jamaican Sweets, Rum Cakes, Jerk Sauce and Blue Mountain Coffee. Every guest loved them.

Profile Picture User5644097, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

Hello everyone!! This small figured woman called Helen Graham and her team are the best in the world. You will never loose from hiring this company. Everyone on the team is professional and they don't waste time. They will make you and your family and friends extraordinarily happy. My husband was worried before our wedding but when he realizes how early Helen and her team started working he was the happiest man alive. Not to mention when they were finish.
Thanks again Helen. Thanks to your team too.

Profile Picture shanique, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Centerpieces, Chairs, Drapery, Tables, Vases, Backdrop(s)

We used Helen G for wedding favours for our destination wedding, she always replied swiftly and when there was a problem with our design, she designed labels that were better than the originals!! We asked for them to be delivered to our hotel- within 2 hours of checking in there were delivered, well packaged with care. All our guests were thrilled with their Jamaican favours- I would highly recommend Heather's services and wouldn't hesitate to use her again

Profile Picture Rachael , 10/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

When having a destination wedding, hiccups are part of the process. Being clear and vocal about what you like and don't like is extremely important due to the fact that communication is limited to mostly emails and occasionally conference calls. Having a wedding planner as good as Helen G and her team, let us focus on other important details while they took care of everything down in Jamaica. I would definitely recommend making a trip down there at least once for a couple days to sit down with Helen G and her business partner. This allows everyone to get acquainted and come to a much clearer understanding of decor, ceremony space, reception space, etc. Doesn't hurt to share a few laughs as well! Also, it helps a great deal to do as much research as possible on your own time to gather as many ideas as possible. All in all, it was an experience of a lifetime. All the stress was worth it. Our wedding day could not have been any more successful and beautiful, thanks to Helen and her team.

Profile Picture Kerwin, 8/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Setup, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lights, Photobooth, Tables