Helen G Events Reviews

85 | James Hill, JM

85 Reviews for Helen G Events

Cassandra · Married on 09/03/2017

Helen G Events did the décor for our wedding in Montego Bay. We were so happy with how everything came together. We spoke with Helen by phone and by email and we are happy to see that everything we wanted was delivered and arranged perfectly to our satisfaction. Helen was very responsive to our inquiries and requests, and worked very hard to meet our expectations. Helen allowed us to customize our vision for the wedding décor, and used her expert knowledge and experience to ensure to steer us when we were uncertain. We highly recommend working with Helen to design and arrange your events.

Alanda · Married on 04/19/2017

My husband and I rented an arbor for our wedding in Jamaica. Helen was patient and flexible in presenting me with my options. Arbor arrived and was set up on time and as planned.

Lola · Married on 01/17/2017

I've recently made contact with Helen re some centrepieces. She has been very accommodating and supportive, so far and I'm confident that her company will deliver the service in March.

• Z

Zosha · Married on 10/09/2016

I just wanted to find some small bottles of Jamaican rum to give to my wedding guests. I looked in the right place! These were delivered right to our resort (waiting in our room when we arrived), were carefully packaged, and were a great size to give as gifts. Our friends and family were delighted! We made sure to keep some for ourselves, too ;-) Helen was very responsive to my email inquiries.

Trudy-Ann · Married on 09/19/2016

Helen G Events made our dream wedding a reality ! With her impeccable attention to detail our decor far surpassed expectations ! Planning a wedding from the US via emails isn't an easy task but Helen was patient , flexible and her responsiveness was outstanding ! We are very pleased with her work and it was such a great pleasure working with her . We would highly recommend her instead of Tai Flora in Jamaica . We originally were going to use Tai Flora for our decor but their slow responsiveness and unwillingness to work within our budget made us look elsewhere and we are so happy we found Helen G Events . We will be referring friends and family to her for future events and will definitely use her services again in the future ! Thank you so much Helen ! Love the Humphreys

Sonia · Married on 06/08/2016

If your getting married in Jamaica, choose Helen and her team for the wedding of your dreams! It was hard and stressful planning a wedding from another country, especially since your not there in person planning and seeing everything come to life but when I arrived at my venue (Bellefield Great House), it was absolutely breathtaking! Helen and her team went above and beyond and gave me the wedding of my dreams! Everything was perfect! I can not say this enough but Helen, thank you for everything that you have done especially your team. Everyone had a blast and I still get compliments to date. All future brides, if you have any questions please feel free to email me personally steixeira2486@gmail.com. I can also email pictures.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY... YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR DECISION TO HIRE HELEN AND HER TEAM FOR YOUR WEDDING!

Sally · Married on 02/28/2016

Helen G Events was more than my wedding planner. Helen was there for me every step of the way. She would give me suggestions, advice, what other people did at their wedding and comforted me when I was starting to freak out. My wedding was perfect and everything was taken care of by Helen and her team from planning to execution. I usually find faults with a lot of service oriented professionals, but Helen G made my wedding exceptional. I would recommend her to any couple and would use her services again for future major events.

Andrea · Married on 12/19/2015

Helen was very professional, and timely when responding to emails. After an initial discussion describing what I wanted for the event decor, she was able to provide this without a hitch or any deviation from what I envisioned. Everyone was happy and someone at the party was so impressed with the decor and that they asked for her information. I would definitely tell all my friends who wish to host an event in Jamaica to use the services of Helen G Events.

shanique · Married on 10/31/2015

Hello everyone!! This small figured woman called Helen Graham and her team are the best in the world. You will never loose from hiring this company. Everyone on the team is professional and they don't waste time. They will make you and your family and friends extraordinarily happy. My husband was worried before our wedding but when he realizes how early Helen and her team started working he was the happiest man alive. Not to mention when they were finish.
    Thanks again Helen. Thanks to your team too.

Trecia Forbes · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I would sincerely like to thank the @helengevents team, our only job was to show up and look pretty... I was the type of bride to be who was more excited about the marriage than the wedding, leave it up to me i would have eloped. All I said to Helen was, these are the colors, I trust you make it pretty... I was no brideziller, I just wanted to show up... Seeing it all come together brought tears to my eyes, because Helen, you took what I visualized and made it 100 times better. It was a journey and a half, as there were soo many challenges beyond our control along the way but what I appreciated was how at ease you made me, you took on all the stress, had plan A-Z, and you made me glad the day I never chose to elope in the end. It wasn't easy, but you made it all worth it. Moreover most planners work alone or have one assistant, but you have an extraordinary team working with you, namely Paul and Arlene who's warm and sincere nature made what should have been the most stressful moments in my life, one of ease and relaxation making me focus on every precious moment. The one picture I regret not being able to capture, was one with not only the most organized, patient and creative planner/florist/decorator - basically one stop shop - but that of a great mother, friend and kind individual who I will remember and cherish forever. Helen, Thank you! Without you and the rest of the team, there would have been no wedding I would have eloped and my children would not have seen pure bliss captured in our greatest moment of happiness... Please know that, you kept me strong.

• Z

Zenia · Married on 07/18/2015

I must commend Helen G Events for the wonderful professional job she did on my wedding favors. Living in the United States I knew that I couldn't travel to Jamaica with favors. I was online looking up wedding favors and saw a personalized rum bottle. I contacted Helen via email and she stated she was able to take care of everything for me. I also wanted straw fans made since my wedding was on the beach and it would be hot. She had samples of both made for my approval and they were beautiful. Every interaction was done through email I never spoke to her directly but everything turned out wonderful.

The favors were delivered to our resort the day before our wedding just as Helen had promised. I would recommend Helen G Events to any bride planning a destination wedding in Jamaica.

Thanks

Helene was great. She made the day a lot smoother. She is very knowledgeable and did not think the day would have been a success without her. Thank you.

As I was marrying a man with the last name "Sangster", we thought having bottles of Sangster's run cream would be. Great favour to hand out. Unfortunately the liquor stores in our home province stopped carrying the brand, so I turned to Helen. She was very helpful, quick to respond, and had the bottles delivered to the hotel as promised. Our guests loved them, and a few of them picked up some extra bottles to bring home to Canada with them. Thanks so much for the help!

Crystal · Married on 04/05/2015

Helen did an amazing job. Our wedding had so many little details that we didn't even ask for that made the day absolutely perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! And it was very well organized and she was there to help make sure everything went smoothly.

Katie · Married on 12/03/2014

Helen created personalized bottles of rum with our photo on it for a wedding favour. She did an amazing job and we were extremely pleased with the quality. She was always quick to respond to our emails and was excellent to deal with. We would definitely recommend Helen G Events to anyone who needs a hand with their wedding in Jamaica. Thanks so much!!!

Krystal · Married on 11/20/2014

Helen G were very easy to deal with. The vases we rented were perfect for our wedding.

Syreeta · Married on 07/26/2014

I chose Helen G based on reviews from this site. I must say, her services are certifiably accurate. I sought for the best, and that’s exactly what I got. She helped us find our florist, DJ, videographer, photographer, transportation, last minute changes, and personal requests. She also coordinated all of our other vendors such as the photo booth, make-up artists, venue, and officiant. Did I forget to mention she was also the decorator???? It was a pleasure to work with Helen and her team.
    1. Her professional demeanor is impeccable.
    2. I received better deals on a few vendors through her, than trying on my own.
    3. Very communicative. This was a key factor as I live in the states and our wedding was in Jamaica. She answered any questions I had in detail promptly.
    4. Supportive and suggestive. I do not have an artistic mind and didn’t have an idea of a concept for décor. Her creativity and design skills are magical.
    To me, the planning process and especially on the wedding day, I wasn’t stressed. I was able to enjoy the greatest, most beautiful, fun, and definitely unforgettable day ever without any worries. It was nearly seamless. Our expectations were certainly exceeded.

• User4291982 · 2+ years ago

Did a great job on very short notice.

Becky · Married on 07/11/2014

I just got married at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica on Juy 11th, 2014 and everything was wonderful. It was a perfect fairytale wedding like something out of a dream! I really wanted the guests to receive a welcome gift from us upon arrival, as people were arriving different days and spread across 3 resorts on the complex. Also, I wanted them to receive an itinerary and welcome letter from us. Helen took care of it all. I just organized it through a few emails and paid via paypal from Kentucky. I didn't want to have to bring everything on the plane and also I'm not very crafty anyway:) everything was hands off this way and it was just taken care of. Our guests talked the entire weekend about our welcome baskets and itinerary. They felt very special receiving them! I would highly recommend Helen for anything you need for a destination wedding!!!

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2014

My husband, Brian and I cannot say enough about Helen G Events!! To sum up our experience with our destination wedding, I have to honestly say our special day was absolutely everything we wanted, all thanks to Helen G Events and her amazing staff. We came across Helen's information on Wedding Wire and from the moment we contacted her, she proved to be knowledgeable, creative and really interested in making our day unforgettable. Most of our communication was done via email, which may make some brides uneasy, as I was initially. Helen's confidence in her abilities immediately put our minds at ease. Every detail we wanted was executed perfectly. I still have trouble believing my wedding was as beautiful and breathtaking as it was. Our family who travelled with us described our wedding day as a fairy tale. Helen's off-resort beach location, ceremony area, cocktail lounge and beautiful reception were more than my husband and I could have ever dreamed of. Everyone we encountered on our trip was fantastic, but Helen G Events' staff and of course Helen went above and beyond for us. Helen set up our stay at Iberostar resorts, got our flowers & centerpieces, put together welcome baskets for our guests, put together a kids basket for our son, surprised Brian and I with our own welcome basket, collected all of the documents needed for the wedding to get our marriage certificate ready, obtained a wonderful officiant for the ceremony, booked all vendors and handled all contracts- she did everything!! She even contacted us to make sure our family got home safe after they left.
    My husband had to put on his tux, me my dress, we had to show up and have a good time- Helen literally did the rest!
    If you are thinking of having a destination wedding- Go to Jamaica and work with Helen G Events!!! A million thanks to you Helen, we are truly grateful for everything you did!!

Karen · Married on 01/28/2014

I had originally planned our wedding to be in Grand Turk. We were taking a cruise that stopped at that port, but unfortunately the cruise line changed the itinerary halfway through our time frame. We changed our wedding location to the first port on our itinerary which was Jamaica. Our travel agent through destinationweddings.com referred us to several coordinators. After reviewing the options, we decided to book with Helen G Events. Her portfolio compared to others was creative, modern, robust, and impressive. There were many pictures of other weddings to review and we also checked out her blog, Facebook, and Pinterest before we made our decision. Helen G Events is passionate about what they do and had plenty of options. Helen G Event's prices were higher than the competitors, but we definitely got our money's worth plus more. Our wedding was fabulous and more than we expected.

We communicated solely through email. Since we couldn't do a site inspection, she was more than willing to answer every question/concern I had and she also provided many pictures and examples. For the brides that do not have the opportunity to do a site inspection, I recommend Helen G Events. It may be scary at first not to know, but I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the results as long as you are clear with your requests. There wasn't a thing that went wrong that we noticed and her team plus the other vendors worked seamlessly and efficiently to make sure that everything went smooth and to perfection. Considering we didn't spend any time on the island prior to arriving so that we can check out the venue/caterer/baker to make sure everything was okay, their work was flawless. Every imaginable detail that I requested was brought to life plus a few additional that I wasn't expecting. All of the vendors that were provided (steel band, DJ, caterer, bar staff, drivers, and officiants) were very professional, hospitable, and entertaining. We highly recommend Helen G Events.

sami · Married on 12/30/2013

Helen was able to deliver exactly what we had in mind!

Jerome · Married on 12/07/2013

Helen helped us fulfill our dream of having a memorable vow renewal ceremony. Everything worked out perfectly and we will never forget that day.

Melissa · Married on 12/06/2013

Helen G Events was great she helped me from start to finish. She helped me find my wedding location and helped me book all my wedding vendors. She also did the flowers and decor for my wedding. I am completely satisfied my wedding turned out great. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in Jamaica.

Robert · Married on 11/02/2013

My wife wanted to do the wedding by herself and was getting stressed out with the planning.
    A friend recomended Helen G Events and we decided to hire them.
    The service from Helen G Events was fantastic. It was like pressing the easy button.
    Helen was very attentive to our needs and kept in constant contact with us which put my wife at ease. She provided excellent advice in choosing caterers and other supliers that were needed for the wedding.
    She took the stress out of the wedding plannig and allowed us to just focus on getting married.