Heather Scharf Photography Reviews

Heather Scharf Photography 5
Heather Scharf Photography 6
Heather Scharf Photography 7

Jamie · Married on 10/28/2017

Heather was absolutely amazing to have as a part of our wedding experience. Not only did she shoot our wedding day but she did our engagement photos. She was an absolute joy to be around and the quality of her work speaks for itself. She was very easy to coordinate pre wedding meetings with. My husband and I are both working professionals running businesses and had very little free time for meetings. Heather was beyond accommodating with helping us feel organized leading up to our big day. I cannot speak highly enough about her organization, attention for detail, and in general skill of capturing timeless photographs. I did not have to worry about a thing relating to photography on our special day because I knew Heather had it handled. Hire her now before she's already booked up!

• Y

Yana · Married on 09/29/2017

Heather did a phenomenal job stepping in fairly late in the game in our planning process due to our original photog's illness and still managing to adapt her style to ours seamlessly. She was responsive to our very particular needs, easy to work with, and very timely with delivery. We really wanted her to focus on spontaneous, candid shots and boy did she deliver! I don't know how she managed to take photos of all the important and sweet moments while remaining largely unseen and yet everywhere at once: she must be a ninja :) And most importantly: the final product was beautiful and reflected the feel of the event so much that I keep going through the photos over and over to relive the day. TL:DR: Heather is amazing at her work. Hire her if you can.

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/03/2017

Heather did an absolutely phenomenal job with our wedding photos. She was professional, on time, and responsive throughout the entire planning process. She has a true talent and was a pleasure to work with. I cannot say enough good things about Heather and her work! Her photos are breathtaking and she was fun to work with, making the bridal party feel comfortable and confident. She gave us great ideas for poses and was accommodating to our requests. Our photos turned out better than I could have ever hoped for. HIGHLY recommend. Thank you Heather!

Susan · Married on 08/12/2017

Heather's personality is wonderful. She photographed our wedding and made it a very fun and exciting experience. She was relaxed, creative, listened well to what we wanted and took advantage of spur of the moment ideas. I have to admit that I have never had as much fun at a wedding as this one (and it was mine!). This was my second wedding. The photographer for my first wedding was nice but the photo shoots felt awkward and you could see it in the photo results. I work full time and prior to the wedding did not give Heather much help with what I wanted. I had seen previous photos she had taken and all I said to her was that I loved her creative photos and I loved the warm feeling I saw in them. Well, she came through with the creativity and warmth for us. She also was organized and somehow found and included all people in family photos. Michael and I have large families. She made a slide show with music and it was fantastic. We were able to forward it to all our guests. Heather's work was worth every penny and more.

Heather Scharf Photography 8
    Heather Scharf Photography 13
    Heather Scharf Photography 14
  • F

Fawn · Married on 10/22/2016

Having Heather Scharf shoot our wedding was an absolute pleasure. She was recommended by our Venue and as soon as I opened up her Website to view her work I knew she was my dream photographer. We live in AZ and she's in SF so we Facetimed a few times leading up the wedding date to iron out details, timelines and what our goals were for our wedding photos. She was very thorough and detail oriented.
    She showed up the day of the wedding excited and all smiles. She creative and shot the most amazing photos of my dog and I (even better then I pinned or envisioned). She just knew what to do: in directing the family photo, to capturing the sunset in the vineyard just right. I can't gush enough about how incredible she is!
    For anyone looking for a photographer for engagements or weddings, she has that special touch for making the photo lighting perfect and romantic. That was one of my favorite things about her work, her lighting is so flattering and happy.
    Once she's captured your special day she puts the photos in blogs so you can easily share them with your friends and family. I highly recommend Heather Scharf. She'll exceed your expectations and you'll be so thrilled you chose her.
    XO Nick & Fawn in AZ

Andrew · Married on 10/07/2016

TL;DR: I don't plan on getting married again, but if I do, Heather will be my photographer.

Heather was absolutely fantastic. She helped me (the groom) get comfortable in front of the camera, and that was something I didn't expect to come around to. She knew exactly what to do at every step of the way, and I never felt stressed (photography-wise) the entire multi-month process right up to when she took her last photo of the night.

Nicole · Married on 09/24/2016

I loved everything about working with Heather! She has a fun personality and takes beautiful photos.

Sara · Married on 09/16/2016

Having Heather photograph our wedding was amazing! She was a blast to work with and captured our special day beautifully! By the end of the night we felt she was part of the family and have been so impressed with the photos! We can't stop looking at them.

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

Heather was such a pleasure to work with throughout our wedding! We worked with her on both our engagement photos, as well as the wedding photos, and she did an amazing job with both. She was great at providing us with suggestions and advice as requested, as was responsive whenever we had questions for her. She was great at communicating ahead of time what to expect and if we needed to prepare anything ahead of time. During the photo shoots, she was great at providing guidance and direction to us and captured the moments beautifully. I would work with Heather again in the future and highly recommend her!

Katrina · Married on 07/01/2016

One of the most important things to look for in a wedding photographer is personality. Heather is simply amazing, accommodating, assertive where you need her to be, and most importantly a great person to work with. I'd recommend her to anyone who's looking for their wedding photographer!!

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

Heather did an amazing job not only making me the bride, the focal point, but also really capturing the day. The details, the guests, parents, bridal party. I'm always going back and looking at my wedding photos. The day goes by so fast and I'm so thankful to have these pictures to reminisce on.

• Y

Yesabel · Married on 10/10/2015

Since our wedding is going to be out-of-state, I had to choose a different photographer for our engagement session. Heather was nothing but a pleasure to work with. She's very personable, gives great direction but isn't bossy. She's also very reasonably priced for her kind of work. I cannot say enough great things about her. She definitely OVER-delivers.

• Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Heather was so much fun to work with! We really appreciated how she had a plan for how to execute the day the most effectively and also brought with her a spunk and fun that matched our personalities well. The pictures were beautiful and we so enjoyed working with her. Highly recommend Heather!

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Heather Scharf is truly a talented photographer and a genuinely great person to work with. Her attention to detail and always being one step ahead of me in anticipating and planning to capture the right shots on my big day were unbelievable. She knows how to make clients feel valued and is always attentive and responsive. To top it off, she's fun to be around and I look forward to having her as my lifelong photographer to celebrate and capture each and every special moment. Heather is truly the best!!

The moment my husband and I looked at her photography, we knew she had to photograph our wedding. The passion and dedication to her work can easily be seen in her photographs. Her outgoing, friendly but calming nature makes you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. For someone that does not like to be the center of attention, she made me feel beautiful and completely at ease. She perfectly captured our engagement with a rustic and country landscape; she even found the location for us! I truly think that the engagement pictures helped our guests to get a feeling of what to expect at our wedding, it was like a sneak peak.

During our wedding she was able to capture moments that may have been never seen; the simplest yet sweetest moments. She was able to illustrate our love and the coming together of two families. She has the ability to bring out the love between two people so easily, and has fun while doing it. She also gives a sneak peak to the event (engagement session/wedding) which is was always exciting! We really appreciated that she understood the importance of time, and we got our photos back quickly! All of our family and friends keep telling us how wonderful the photos are. We can't say enough good things about Heather!!! Just look through her photographs, they speak for themselves :)
    I would HIGHLY recommend her, you will not regret it. We can’t wait to use her for future family photographs.

Renee · Married on 08/29/2015

Heather was absolutely wonderful! We love her energy and enthusiasm and that all of our pictures came out stunning!

Heather is great!!

When we first contacted Heather, she immediately suggested that we set up a meeting. This really impressed me because she was willing to take the time and effort to meet with us before we even decided to book her! After speaking with Heather and looking at some of her past work, we knew that we wanted her as our wedding photographer.

I thought Heather was great throughout the whole process. She communicated with us before the big day and showed up very prepared on the day-of. She is also very nice and friendly!

Heather took our engagement and wedding day photos and we have so many favorites from both! I can't help but smile when I look at our wedding pictures because I am reminded of the many happy moments from that special day - to me, this is a sign of a great photographer because she was able to capture the day so perfectly.

Thank you so much, Heather!
    -M&M

Jenny · Married on 08/07/2015

Heather is truly an amazing, passionate and talented individual. Not only does her photography skill set blow everyone else's out of the water, she's also always there to capture the perfect moment at the perfect time. She takes wedding photography to a whole new level.

Beth · Married on 07/18/2015

From our very first introduction meeting with Heather, we were thrilled we chose her to document our special day. She was personable, funny and very easy to work with. She really helped to make us feel comfortable and helped the day flow seemlessly. She was so flexible with the schedule that we envisioned and worked to make everything we wanted, a reality. She and her assistant captured every aspect of our special day, yet blended in perfectly to the background. My husband and I were conflicted about the engagement shoot, but decided to do it and found out that it is a must. The engagement photo shoot really helped us to be comfortable with Heather and with each other in some prolonged poses. Her turn around time was extremely fast and thorough in the various stages of returning our photos. Lastly, the quality of her photos is incredible. she perfectly captured the emotions and atmosphere of the day in crisp, clean photographs. You won't find a better photographer than Heather!

Jamie · Married on 06/20/2015

Where do I start with Heather Scharf and her many talents. First, I will start with her amazing talent as a photographer. It's almost as if Heather sees the world in perpetual snapshots. We received our ~1000 photos from our wedding day online and have not been able to narrowing down the ones we would like to print as they are all so good.
    Secondly, her overall positive demeanor was exactly what we were looking for. At our introductory meeting her smile and humor immediately put us as ease, which is exactly how she was on our big day. She quickly, but kindly directed us, our families, friends and bridal party during the cocktail hour shots--which came out flawlessly. Finally, her professionalism and going above and beyond. The engagement session was excellent, which was followed by a surprise calendar with printed engagement shots for each month. She was early to the engagement session and wedding day photos and just owned her craft the whole time. She was in the right place at the right time and captured all of our wish list photos.
    Thank you Heather for your incredible job of photographically documenting our day. You were the best decision I made about the wedding (aside from marrying my hubby).

Thank you again!
    Jamie and Cameron Leggett

Heather is amazing!! Loved working with her on our special day :)

Heather is the best! She took our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos, and of course we did two of both! She was so wonderful to work with, encouraging, flexible, creative, and of course - most importantly, she took amazing photos! Anyone would be lucky to have her capture your special day!

Leanna · Married on 04/11/2015

Heather truly has a gift for photography. She absolutely exceeded our expectations from start to finish. Picking a good photographer is so important and we definitely made the right choice going with Heather. We are able to look back and relive our day over and over again.

Heather handled photography for my church wedding and reception on Nov. 22, 2014, in Rancho Mirage, CA. Not only was she incredibly easy to work with, super responsive, detailed and professional, but she was like my most trusted guide and advisor on my wedding day. I thought I knew all the photos I wanted for my wedding day, but when all the photos I had planned were taken Heather stepped in and suggested additional photos of me and my individual bridesmaids, additional photos of the wedding party and other photos I would never have thought to get and am glad I now have.
    In fact, from the moment Heather stepped into my parent’s home for our “getting ready” photos, I felt comfortable that Heather was in charge. And this is despite the fact that I had never met her in-person prior to that day!
    Best of all, our photos turned out beautifully and capture all the important people in mine and my husband’s life that day.
    I would recommend Heather to anyone looking for a talented, warm and confident wedding photographer for their big day. She is a true professional.

Corinne · Married on 11/15/2014

When my fiance and I first met Heather we loved her outgoing, bubbly and hard-working personality from the start. We met with a few photographers and had no doubt in our minds that Heather was our gal! We were confident that she would go above and beyond and we feel lucky to have found her.

She's easy going, but at the same time will go to whatever lengths it takes to get a shot. For our engagement photo shoot, we went up to Russian Hill and she was shooting in the street in between cable cars and car traffic...anything to get the perfect shot!

Heather was beyond professional during our wedding and her 2nd shooter was so easy to work with as well! She made sure that we stuck to our timeline and that we got all of the shots we had requested. Her creative eye and attention to detail was evident throughout the day.

We received a few initial photos within a week or so of the wedding and were blown away with how amazing they were...we were on the last night of our honeymoon and it was such an awesome surprise to view those together on our last night. We couldn't wait to see the blog post and received it just about a week later. I was tearing up as I scrolled through the pictures...they were absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't believe that just two weeks after our wedding we had so many photos so quickly!

Thank you, Heather, for capturing our special day and all of the love, fun and personalities to go with it....these are memories we will have for a lifetime and we are so grateful to have them captured so beautifully! I would highly recommend Heather to any couples looking for a very talented, genuine & professional photographer!