Heather Ryan Photography Reviews

62 Reviews for Heather Ryan Photography

• Kyle

Kyle Augustine · Getting married on 02/07/2022

Wedding Ceremony and Surprise Proposal

Heather is truly phenomenal at her job! I first met heather when I was trying to plan a surprise proposal for my girlfriend at the time. Heather was very flexible and ready to go at the exact moment when I popped the question. I was already nervous enough and not having to worry about this was a relief.

Since then, Heather has photographed my sister's wedding at the Chesapeake Beach Bay Club as well as my own wedding. My wife and I got married in a backyard (due to COVID) and Heather was able to photograph the entire ceremony in a socially distanced and responsible manner.

Heather sincerely brings a sense of joy to her work that keep everyone in the photoshoot authentically smiling. I am a particular person but she has never hesitated to make any request a reality. Of course, her pictures are flawless and she provides easy, secure access to your photos following the event. Check out Heather's blog and Facebook and you will see the pride in her work. She even remembers anniversaries and small details like that keep us coming back.

My family has used Heather three times in less than a year for major events. We are grateful for this and have every intention to continue using her in the future!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Liza

Liza · Getting married on 09/05/2021

Best Decision

Hiring Heather was the best decision we could have made for our wedding.
    We took engagement photos with her in May and had the best time. Heather is fun to work with and so talented. I told my bridesmaids I cannot wait for them to meet her at the wedding because I know she will add so much to the day! I am going to be much more relaxed at my wedding with Heather as my photography.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Liza! I can't WAIT for your and Ian's day next year. Less than one year to go and yay for sparkler photos :) So excited!
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 02/08/2020

Heather is the best of the best

I can't sing Heather's praises enough. From the engagement shoot to our wedding day, everything was perfection. Her calm demeanor made us feel so comfortable and she is so thoughtful and detailed in each photo, pose, and angle. Not only did we love basically every photo she sent us from our engagement and wedding, but she sent a very thorough preview album within days of our event! Not only is she an incredible photographer, but we just enjoy her company so much and loved spending the whole day with her on the biggest day of our lives so far. Thank you so much, Heather! - Jackie

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Christian-Lambert · Married on 11/02/2019

Flawless photos, a true pro

Heather was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we're blown away by the stunning quality of her photos! All details were spelled out clearly well ahead of time (a planner's dream), and she was calm and friendly even with a tight time schedule and grouchy children -- even got great pics of those kids! Her photography has a truly artistic eye; clean and bright, well-composed. For many family members this will be their first/last formal portraits, and we are so pleased with how they turned out -- will cherish for a long time.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Anna Gersten · Married on 10/12/2019

Such an integral part of our wedding

Heather was absolutely amazing. She is very professional and organized, but above all else a warm and supportive presence. She was always there to lend a helping hand when one was needed and guide me through the experience of getting married, especially at times I was overwhelmed by people or specific events. My wedding day would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2019

Heather is the best

Where do I even begin??! From my first conversation with Heather I knew right away that she was the perfect fit. She is very easygoing, sweet, and just a joy to be around and work with. Let’s face it - posing for photos is uncomfortable and weird especially in front of other people, but Heather has a way of making it fun. She also welcomes feedback and any special requests. Her talent is truly incredible and we are ecstatic with every single photo. Our wedding was captured perfectly and our choice to hire her was one of the best we made!

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Mary

Mary Miller · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Heather took the most amazing pictures of us for our engagement shoot and we couldn’t be more excited to see the pictures she takes of our wedding day

Sent on 04/22/2019

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review, Mary! I had an incredible time getting to know you and Cory during your esesh. I can't wait to see you both on your big day in August!! xo, H

Caitlin · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photographer!

Working with Heather was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding process. Heather made us feel so comfortable while taking pictures. She is so thoughtful and you can tell she really loves what she is doing. She was always there to answer my millions of questions and give me advice when I needed it. With an unexpected rain storm during an outside cocktail hour and outside family pictures Heather kept me calm and helped me roll with the flow. Heather captured every single part of our day so perfectly and didn't miss out on anything! On top of being such an amazing person Heather's photography skills are impeccable. Our pictures came out even more amazing then I ever expected and I love every single one of them! I haven't stopped getting compliments on them. Don't wait- book her now, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael Kelly · Married on 01/12/2019

Look no further - you have found your wedding photographer!

Heather Ryan is unbelievably talented and she truly cares for her photography clients. All my engagement and wedding photo dreams (and my husband's!) came true because of Heather. She has such an eye for timeless, classy, DREAMY photos that you'll cherish forever. She's now my family's go-to for all of our photography needs!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 12/22/2018

Must have photographer

Today is our one year wedding anniversary and as I’ve been looking back on pictures, I thought it fitting to come back and post a review. Heather was beyond amazing. I can’t explain enough how skillful she is in her work and how amazing her personality is. She is so adaptable, personable, and ORGANIZED! She made planning my day in terms of times, must have shots etc so much easier.

I chose to work with heather and only heather (I didn’t even seek inquiries from any other businesses) because she had photographed two other weddings that I was a bridesmaid in, and I was able to see her talented work first hand. Her passion shows through her pictures and I knew I didn’t want anyone else to capture my day. She’s so talented, when guests asked me who the photographers were, they were stunned when i said I only had one. Heather also got pictures back to me so quickly, even with having a December 22 wedding with holidays. Not only this, but she was able to photoshop one of the photos for us to take someone out (eek, wrong family member in the wrong family photo!!) and a few months ago, when my “bonus” brother passed away, she sent me photos that she captured of him that she had zoomed in on so I had more personal touches of him.

This is a photographer that goes above and beyond. Words can’t describe my gratitude and admiration for Heather, so I sure hope this review does her a little bit of justice. My husband and I are really looking forward to working with her again in the future for family photos when that time comes. She’s now the only photographer I want to stick with!! Heather, we love you and thank you so much for making our special day a year ago THAT MUCH BETTER!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh, thank you so much Mary!! I simply adore you and Chris and working with you over the years has been a dream. Happy Anniversary! ~H
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 12/15/2018

Joy to Work With!

Heather was such a joy to work with, I am so happy I booked her to take our engagement and wedding photos. Heather really made my husband and I feel comfortable as she took our photos (which was a huge deal to me as I am not at ease in front of a camera). Also, Heather made our engagement photo session a memorable and fun event in itself. Heather thought of creative poses and settings which really made our engagement photos unique and reflective of our personality as a couple. I could not be happier with the experience and the photos she took.

On the day of our wedding Heather arrived early and met with our wedding coordinator, she also toured the event space and got to know the building. Heather kept track of all the details that I could not manage the day of the wedding, which was a big relief! Heather was able to get all of the photos of the bridal party and family that we requested and discussed beforehand (which was not an easy task!). Overall, Heather did such an amazing job, I received many compliments from family and friends about her work after our wedding was over. I am so happy we got to work with someone who took the time to get to know us and make us feel extremely comfortable. Heather was a joy to work with, I felt more than comfortable working with her on the most important day of our lives. I would definitely recommend Heather to any of our family and friends.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Reed Delisle · Married on 09/09/2018

An Irreplaceable Part of Our Day

We can't recommend Heather Ryan Photography enough. Through the chaos of the day, Heather was a constant presence of calm, focus and professionalism. We look forward to booking her for all future photography needs.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 09/08/2018

If you are looking for a fun and professional wedding photographer, Heather is the one for you! She was so so helpful during the planning process and was always available to discuss anything. She made us feel so comfortable and didn’t push us to do anything we weren’t comfortable with. She had the sneak peak photos for us just 4 days after the wedding and they are better than I could have ever expected. She works really hard and clearly enjoys what she does. We can’t thank her enough for capturing the perfect memories.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review Dana!! I have enjoyed every moment working with you and Jesse. Welcome back from your Honeymoon, it looked spectacular! Congratulations again!

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing photographer who was wonderful to work with

I first worked with Heather when she photographed my best friend's wedding in 2017. I knew then that I wanted her as my wedding photographer as well. She was so friendly and easy to work with. She made a sweltering 90 degree + day in April (!!!) fly by outside and snapped beautiful pictures while all of us were melting in the heat. I loved how orderly she was with the pictures and felt that you could really trust she was capturing the right moments and group shots.

Heather was super responsive to emails and easy to speak with on the phone. I was a bit worried about my fiance (who absolutely despises having his picture taken) - but Heather worked perfectly with him, getting him to relax (a bit at least) and smile/laugh naturally in the photos.

Perhaps the main differentiating factor with Heather, at least from what I've heard from friends, is how quick she was to provide photos from both our engagement session and our actual wedding. We had our engagement photos taken June 9 and they were ready for viewing June 14 - less than ONE WEEK! Our wedding was August 18 and the initial 'preview' (which I think was like 500 pictures) was ready August 23!! I have had friends wait MONTHS for photos.

I have to say that I was in love with essentially every photo. Every person that I've shown my pictures to has commented about the quality, including how she manages to capture natural moments beautifully.

I cannot wait to work with Heather again in the future and would recommend her to any couple.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Kimberly · Married on 06/23/2018

Phenomal, passionate, and accomodating

Heather was a phenomenal photographer. She understood our vision and went above and beyond to capture our special day. Her gorgeous pictures were worth every penny!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Avery · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely PERFECT!

Out of all my wedding vendors that I worked with, Heather Ryan Photography was the BEST! Hands down! First off, Heather is beyond personable, calming, and makes you feel like you have known her forever. Not once was I ever concerned or worried about our pictures or Heather’s amazing talent. From day one, Heather made me feel confident that I made the right decision to work with her. Throughout the wedding planning process, she would make me feel relaxed (even when a hurricane was coming straight for us). Heather is truly one of a kind. She is talented beyond belief and her portfolio can definitely speak for that!

After the wedding, I have several guests, my bridal party, and family members comment on how lovely Heather was and how they enjoyed having her part of the day. Some also commented how they liked that she wasn’t up in everyone’s business during the reception, but somehow captured EVERY moment! I received thousands of comments on how beautiful her pictures are and how the lighting is so natural. Words cannot truly describe how impressed and thankful I am to have had the opportunity to get to know and work with Heather!!

If this review doesn’t have you sending her an email right now… then wait for this!! My husband, who thoroughly enjoys having his picture taken (not), said, “I had so much fun taking pictures with Heather because she makes me feel so comfortable and let’s us have fun.” Okay.. now you have to be sold :)

Heather is the BEST, her photography is the BEST, and I could not be happier! I can’t wait for future life moments, so we can meet again :)

Sent on 12/22/2018

Melanie · Married on 04/13/2018

Amazing Photographer

I couldn't believe how amazing our photos were! Upon receiving them I was so overwhelmed with happiness, as looking though the pictures brought back all the feelings we felt on our wedding day. I truly was nonstop smiling. She did such an amazing job. I also couldn't believe how fast she was able to edit them and give them to us. I've heard of people waiting months, but we had them within a week. We very much appreciated Heather being there for us and we were so lucky to have her as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Lauren Witmyer · Married on 03/10/2018

Heather Ryan Photography

Heather was such a delight to have at our wedding day! She was calming organized and efficient. She worked so hard the whole time to capture every single moment of our special day! We loved having her share our day with us and we hope to be able to use her again in the future! She’s truly the best there is in the Maryland Area!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Kellie · Married on 12/30/2017

Hire Now, absolutely wonderful

Heather is absolutely phenomenal! From the first interaction all the way through providing our final photos - she was engaging, fun to work with, and listened attentively to all of our concerns. I started planning my wedding while stationed overseas - she was willing to work with the time difference and remained patient with the facetime audio connection. We LOVED how our wedding photos turned out and she made it a fun process for us. Would highly recommend Heather to any dear friends, family, and acquaintences!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Colleen · Married on 10/09/2017

We can’t say enough about how great it was to work with Heather. Not only is she an exceptionally talented photographer, she truly managed our wedding day, keeping us on schedule but allowing us and our guests to enjoy themselves. With only nine guests, Heather captured and made our small DC elopement the special day we hoped it would be. Heather brought her bubbly and professional attitude that kept everyone smiling throughout the day! She was a trooper and trekked with us in the heat to two monuments (and guided us in securing the proper permits). The results were more than we hoped for and we were so pleased to have our day captured with the back drop of the great sights in DC. Most notable about Heather is her ability to put everyone at ease so she can take REALLY great photos. Having never done a professional shoot before, we weren’t sure how comfortable we would be, but Heather helped us be ourselves and captured so many great moments throughout the day. We received our photos super fast, which was a great way to return from our honeymoon and we had a ton of time to get our photos printed and in frames for the holidays. We’ve received so many compliments on our photos and are so grateful that we were able to work with Heather!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2017

Heather is a remarkable photographer and wonderful person to work with. My husband and i had so much fun working with her. We first got to know heather during our engagement photo shoot. She helped to make us feel more comfortable and made the entire experience so fun! Her passion for photography is evident in her work. She has a special way of capturing couples and revealing who they are. On our wedding day Heather was the absolute best! She was always on time and always arrived with a smile. She helped to bring the party to life and truly captured the magic of the evening. We were blown away by her photos. We can't wait to work with Heather again in the future, as her photos are truly one of a kind!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Let me start by saying Heather is AMAZING ! My husband and i had the most wonderful experience and couldn’t have asked for a better person to document the best day of our lives !! I highly recommend her to any and everyone, i can assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Heather is the absolute best- she made us feel so comfortable and took some amazing photos. She included our dog, Stella, in the engagement photos and that meant the world to us!! Heather was so nice and personable and the wedding album just came in and it’s AMAZING! Words can’t describe how much we love Heather and recommend her so highly!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose Heather as our photographer mainly because the look and feel of her published work matched what we were looking for. After working with her for our August 2017 wedding, we now understand the high level of organization and professionalism it takes to get those great photos! We were very happy with the planning materials and advice we got from Heather leading up to our wedding. It helped both us and her have a clear vision and timeline for how the day would go.

Photography is a big part of the overall wedding budget and after all is said and done, it's what you are left with to remember your day! It put me at ease that Heather took her role in our wedding so seriously. She has a defined process (including a questionnaire about your wedding day details) which ensures that she captures the people and details that are most important to you. (And as a sidenote, Heather LOVES capturing those wedding day details, so book her if you want someone who will get lots of good photos of your shoes, jewelry, decor, and that sort of thing! It is a great way to capture and remember the overall look and feel of the day.)

A great perk of working with Heather was that we got to see a blog post and "preview" containing many photos, very soon after the wedding. Her processing time for the remainder of the photos was fast, too. My other recently married friends were jealous of the number of pictures we received, and how quickly we received them ;-)

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 07/01/2017

Heather Ryan is the best. She’s an exceptional photographer and wonderful person. I’m so grateful that she was a part of our wedding. I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/29/2017