Heather Ryan Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Daniel G. Married on 12/18/2021

Simply the best

Heather was an amazing photographer! We did both our engagement and wedding photos and wouldn't pick anyone else! her skill and knowledge of the USNA grounds were unmatched
    Kelsie M. Married on 12/11/2021

Life Savor

After having a terrible experience with another photographer Heather saved the day. She stepped up two weeks before our wedding to not only make sure we had a photographer but to take beautiful photos. She was personable, fun, and professional. She returned our gallery within a week! I could not recommend her more.
    Amanda Married on 11/06/2021

Highly Recommend Heather!

We are so happy we chose Heather to be our photographer at our wedding! There are so many great things to say about her it's hard to decide where to start! We were first introduced by a friend who had booked Heather for her wedding. When my fiancé and I got engaged we were excited that she was available for our wedding date. Heather was helpful from the moment we reached out to ask about her availability. She walked us through the planning process and was always responsive to any questions we had. The day of our wedding, Heather was extremely organized and professional. You can tell she knows what she is doing and does it well. Not only did she take BEAUTIFUL pictures, but she was so thoughtful and interacted with all of our family, friends, and guests in a friendly and professional manner. She captured our special day perfectly. She didn't miss a thing - not only did she capture our planned events for the day, but she even captured an unplanned moment when my fiancé surprised me and told me he had my wedding ring engraved without me knowing. My fiancé and I are far from being models, but Heather made us look and feel like ones on our wedding day. She expertly picked the best locations and poses for our photos. She also went out of her way to accommodate our requests, like taking photos out on the dock at our venue in the cold. Heather quickly produced a photo preview for us after our wedding. Since then we have gotten our full set of pictures and love how great they all turned out. We can't thank Heather enough for all of her hard work and dedication. Heather is thoughtful, considerate, and extremely talented. We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!
  • Bailey
    Bailey Married on 10/29/2021

The Most Amazing Person Ever

From our engagement session to our wedding day Heather was amazing. My husband and I are definitely ones to prefer being behind the camera rather than in front of one. However from the moment we met Heather at our engagement session location she made us feel so comfortable. Since we don’t usually pose for photos the direction she provided allowed for beautiful photos and even the candidness of others captured amazing moments in time. The turn around time was so fast I couldn’t even believe it. Our favorite photos from our day were our first look and our first dance. Heather is an amazing photographer and her personality allows for such a comfortable experience you feel like you are with a great friend! Thank you so much Heather!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 09/18/2021

Talented and Amazing To Work With

Absolutely loved working with Heather Ryan for my wedding day. Emails were always prompt and responsive, and she was always able to provide extra insights that made the photoshoots extra special. As someone who isn't the most comfortable in front of camera, I was initially a bit apprehensive in choosing photographers, but Heather and her assistant provided such a relaxing and casual atmosphere during the shoots that the photos turned out beautifully. She captured both professionally staged and sincere candid moments that allowed us to truly relive our wedding day. I loved working with her, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a well-experienced and talented photographer.
    E. Trott Married on 09/18/2021

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Heather Ryan took the most beautiful pictures of my daughter's wedding at USNA in September 2021. I couldn't be more pleased. She has a keen eye on capturing special details and was so pleasant to work with - before and during the wedding weekend. I most highly recommend her for your wedding!
  • Audrey
    Audrey C. Married on 09/10/2021

Wonderful experience!

We absolutely loved working with Heather during our wedding this September in Annapolis! Heather was the first vendor I choose after booking our venue and I am so glad I did!

She was great during the whole process from our first initial phone call to helping me with the day-of photo timeline (we did a first look and photos with a large wedding party before the ceremony). I am very grateful for our planning phone calls and communication. We were on the same page about everything and she was a great listener!

Our wedding day was actually the first time I met her in personaI and just from our calls and emails I felt like I knew her. I felt totally comfortable with her. She was professional, so sweet and a calming presence! She was awesome to work with and I was so so happy with everything.

We received the preview and sneak peak so fast! We loved sharing the blog post with our friends and family. The quality of the photos were so amazing!

We cannot be more happy that we chose Heather to capture our wedding celebration and the important people that have shaped us into who we are today.

Heather is truly talented.
    Thank you 1 million times.
  • Liza
    Liza Married on 09/05/2021

Best Decision

Hiring Heather was the best decision we could have made for our wedding.
    We took engagement photos with her in May and had the best time. Heather is fun to work with and so talented. I told my bridesmaids I cannot wait for them to meet her at the wedding because I know she will add so much to the day! I am going to be much more relaxed at my wedding with Heather as my photography.

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Liza! I can't WAIT for your and Ian's day next year. Less than one year to go and yay for sparkler photos :) So excited!
  • JORDAN
    Jordan G. Married on 08/14/2021

Heather Ryan is fantastic!

When I got engaged, I knew Heather would be my go to for photography. She has photographed so many of my friends events and I knew she was great. She is so easy to work with and makes the picture taking process easy! After the wedding, we got our preview SO FAST. She really captured our day perfectly and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!
  • Carly
    Carly D. Married on 06/05/2021

Look No Further!!!

Heather was truly a joy to work with on our wedding day! My husband and I don't have much experience with professional photography, but she made the process so simple and enjoyable. You can tell she really cares about her couples and their families. Not to mention how talented she is!! I knew I could put my full trust in her for beautiful photos and boy did she deliver. Heather captured our day perfectly, even small details that I love looking back on. We are so grateful to have chosen such a kind, fun, and AMAZING photographer!!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha B. Married on 05/15/2021

Phenomenal Photographer!!!

Heather is a complete doll and beyond talented with photography. She was recommended by my best friend and MOH. After being in my best friends wedding, I knew there was no way I could go with any other photographers. Planning a wedding during a pandemic with postponements, mandates and chaos, Heather was so accommodating and flexible. She truly cares about making her clients happy and working with their needs. Between engagement pictures and wedding pictures we could not have been happier with how she captured everything so perfectly. We even got our entire family canvas pictures from our favorite day through her this Christmas and they were a huge hit!! I can’t say enough wonderful things about Heather and could not recommend her enough! You will be SO glad you went with her for your big day! :)
  • Dana
    Dana S. Married on 05/01/2021

10 out of 10

We had our engagement photo shoot in June and could not have asked for a better experience. Heather is so amazing and is so good at what she does. Her photos speak for themselves. She went above and beyond and we are so excited for her to shoot our wedding in May 2021🤍

Second Review After our Wedding:

WOW!!!!! Heather is the BEST photographer in the world. She is so easy to work with but knows exactly what shes doing and how to get the best shot. I will never use another photographer again. She is truly the best and you should hire her for your big day!
  • Kip
    Kip S. Married on 05/01/2021

Just Incredible

Heather Ryan is hands down, the most talented wedding photographer in the Washington/Baltimore area! She’s super responsive, organized, professional and delightful to have at your affair!! If you want the best, get Heather!
    Spencer B. Married on 05/01/2021

BEST decision we made was to hire Heather Ryan

I really can’t put into words how AMAZING Heather Ryan was as our wedding photographer. She is hands down the best photographer in the area. Heather was such a fun person to document our wedding day and from start to finish knew all the right moves to ensure our photos were perfect. She is an expert wedding photographer and makes sure the little details you didn’t even think of are captured. She knows exactly what she’s doing and made our day flawless. I can’t thank Heather enough for giving us such amazing photos we can cherish for years to come.

Heather is truly a one of a kind photographer and I cannot recommend her enough!
  • Julie
    Julie G. Married on 04/17/2021

Heather is the absolute best

Heather was a joy to work with and made our wedding day so incredibly special! She pulled us aside to fully take in the day with one another, was fantastic with managing our large and loud family, and truly made us feel comfortable and SO happy in front of the camera.
    Curran R. Married on 04/16/2021

Annapolis Engagement Photos

My fiance and I shot our engagement session with Heather earlier in 2021 and had the most wonderful experience! She was easy to communicate with leading up to the day and very receptive to all of our requests. We wanted all of our photos to focus on Annapolis and the Naval Academy, where we met, which she captured perfectly! She got everything on our shot list and recommended many more wonderful shots along the way as well. We had the best time with her and haven't stopped looking at our photos since!
    A.harris Married on 12/07/2020

Always Over Delivers

We were fortunate to be one of Heather’s first clients with maternity pictures....and year after year we have returned back to Heather. She’s taken our newborn pictures for both children and countless family pictures. She has always been prompt, on time, friendly, and so so positive even when I’ve felt like our pictures may not be perfect. Somehow Heather has always come through and delivered pictures that have taken my breathe away. We love her personality, creativity and we will be forever grateful for the memories she has been able to capture.
  • Nikki
    Nikki M. Married on 11/06/2020

Stunning photos

I can’t say enough about working with Heather. Unfortunately we did not have an engagement photo session with Heather due to distance, covid, & having a newborn but every encounter I had on the phone or via email made us feel as if we have already met her. The day of our wedding, Heather was extremely helpful with keeping us on time and capturing the most stunning memories for us and or families to enjoy for years to come. If you need a photographer, look no further.

Thank you so much Heather for everything. We love you!
    Melissa H. Married on 10/04/2020

Simply Amazing!!

You can’t go wrong with Heather Ryan!! She is amazing! I received so many compliments from my engagement photos and wedding photos! She is amazing and her photos always capture the day. You should look no further then Heather Ryan for your special day!
    Jesse Married on 09/26/2020

The best wedding photographer - and a joy to work with!

Heather is an absolute joy to work with and her photos are perfection. We were so happy with both the engagement photo shoot and most importantly the wedding day photos. She is friendly and wonderful in person, as well as responsive and professional leading up to and following the wedding. It was important for me and my husband that we chose someone who could capture all the candid moments, but not be invasive, and Heather was exactly that. She ensured the photos looked like art, but she didn't force it if it wasn't organic to the moment. She captured moments where I had no idea she was there, and they will be some of our most cherished photos. Everyone has raved about the photos -- family and friends alike. You should book Heather as soon as possible if you are getting married in the DMV area.
  • Alex
    Alex S. Married on 09/19/2020

Heather is an outstanding photographer & exceptional wedding professional

Heather was amazing in every way possible. We ended up postponing our wedding due to Covid, and she helped us navigate the reschedule and honored the contract for the new date. Our pictures from our engagement session & wedding were even better than I could have imagined. She helped get us sorted when our day-of schedule got off track and when the weather turned, as well. We (and our other vendors!) loved working with Heather and I recommend her to every bride!
  • Kyle
    Kyle A. Married on 07/26/2020

Wedding Ceremony and Surprise Proposal

Heather is truly phenomenal at her job! I first met heather when I was trying to plan a surprise proposal for my girlfriend at the time. Heather was very flexible and ready to go at the exact moment when I popped the question. I was already nervous enough and not having to worry about this was a relief.

Since then, Heather has photographed my sister's wedding at the Chesapeake Beach Bay Club as well as my own wedding. My wife and I got married in a backyard (due to COVID) and Heather was able to photograph the entire ceremony in a socially distanced and responsible manner.

Heather sincerely brings a sense of joy to her work that keep everyone in the photoshoot authentically smiling. I am a particular person but she has never hesitated to make any request a reality. Of course, her pictures are flawless and she provides easy, secure access to your photos following the event. Check out Heather's blog and Facebook and you will see the pride in her work. She even remembers anniversaries and small details like that keep us coming back.

My family has used Heather three times in less than a year for major events. We are grateful for this and have every intention to continue using her in the future!
  • Melissa
    Melissa K. Married on 06/06/2020

Outstanding customer service!

Heather is hands down the best. She not only takes amazing, breath taking pictures but she also becomes a close friend during the wedding process. I called her at least 5 times to talk about things that were stressing me. She has this calm sensation about her. Planning during the pandemic was insane but Heather always had a suggestion to help us through it. Day of, she was flexible, on time, and perfect. My husband hates taking photos and she made him and his friends feel so comfortable. She gets the photos that you don’t even think about. We already have our photos hanging in the house and have given them as beautiful Christmas gifts. I miss working with her! She also has completed 4 of my friends weddings and is doing another one in May! Can’t wait to see her at the next event and use her in the future! She is the best, don’t look anywhere else!
  • Jackie
    Jackie Married on 02/08/2020

Heather is the best of the best

I can't sing Heather's praises enough. From the engagement shoot to our wedding day, everything was perfection. Her calm demeanor made us feel so comfortable and she is so thoughtful and detailed in each photo, pose, and angle. Not only did we love basically every photo she sent us from our engagement and wedding, but she sent a very thorough preview album within days of our event! Not only is she an incredible photographer, but we just enjoy her company so much and loved spending the whole day with her on the biggest day of our lives so far. Thank you so much, Heather! - Jackie
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea A. Married on 01/20/2020

We loved her so much, my family booked her again over the summer!

Heather Ryan was so amazing, she not only photographed our wedding in January of 2020, but she also photographed my brother's wedding in June in my parents backyard (Covid safety precautions were taken). Heather has an eye for poses, timing and spends the time getting to know her couples. Every interaction we had with her was nothing but professional. My entire family felt so comfortable and loved her work so much, we hired her not only for my brothers surprise engagement but also his (covid) backyard wedding. We have now booked her for our engagement shoot, our wedding, my brothers surprise engagement followed by a photoshoot and my brothers backyard wedding.

Heather did everything to ensure my brother and his wife had beautiful photos. Granted it was also 95+ degrees that day, but Heather never tired and even wore her mask the whole time.

If you're looking for a photographer for anything, we highly recommend Heather. We hope to book her for future sessions!!