Heather Ryan Photography Reviews

Heather Ryan Photography 6
Heather Ryan Photography 7

Reed Delisle · Married on 09/09/2018

An Irreplaceable Part of Our Day

We can't recommend Heather Ryan Photography enough. Through the chaos of the day, Heather was a constant presence of calm, focus and professionalism. We look forward to booking her for all future photography needs.

• Dana

Dana · Married on 09/08/2018

If you are looking for a fun and professional wedding photographer, Heather is the one for you! She was so so helpful during the planning process and was always available to discuss anything. She made us feel so comfortable and didn’t push us to do anything we weren’t comfortable with. She had the sneak peak photos for us just 4 days after the wedding and they are better than I could have ever expected. She works really hard and clearly enjoys what she does. We can’t thank her enough for capturing the perfect memories.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Heather Ryan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review Dana!! I have enjoyed every moment working with you and Jesse. Welcome back from your Honeymoon, it looked spectacular! Congratulations again!

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing photographer who was wonderful to work with

I first worked with Heather when she photographed my best friend's wedding in 2017. I knew then that I wanted her as my wedding photographer as well. She was so friendly and easy to work with. She made a sweltering 90 degree + day in April (!!!) fly by outside and snapped beautiful pictures while all of us were melting in the heat. I loved how orderly she was with the pictures and felt that you could really trust she was capturing the right moments and group shots.

Heather was super responsive to emails and easy to speak with on the phone. I was a bit worried about my fiance (who absolutely despises having his picture taken) - but Heather worked perfectly with him, getting him to relax (a bit at least) and smile/laugh naturally in the photos.

Perhaps the main differentiating factor with Heather, at least from what I've heard from friends, is how quick she was to provide photos from both our engagement session and our actual wedding. We had our engagement photos taken June 9 and they were ready for viewing June 14 - less than ONE WEEK! Our wedding was August 18 and the initial 'preview' (which I think was like 500 pictures) was ready August 23!! I have had friends wait MONTHS for photos.

I have to say that I was in love with essentially every photo. Every person that I've shown my pictures to has commented about the quality, including how she manages to capture natural moments beautifully.

I cannot wait to work with Heather again in the future and would recommend her to any couple.

Kimberly · Married on 06/23/2018

Phenomal, passionate, and accomodating

Heather was a phenomenal photographer. She understood our vision and went above and beyond to capture our special day. Her gorgeous pictures were worth every penny!

Heather Ryan Photography 8
    Heather Ryan Photography 9
    Heather Ryan Photography 10

Avery · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely PERFECT!

Out of all my wedding vendors that I worked with, Heather Ryan Photography was the BEST! Hands down! First off, Heather is beyond personable, calming, and makes you feel like you have known her forever. Not once was I ever concerned or worried about our pictures or Heather’s amazing talent. From day one, Heather made me feel confident that I made the right decision to work with her. Throughout the wedding planning process, she would make me feel relaxed (even when a hurricane was coming straight for us). Heather is truly one of a kind. She is talented beyond belief and her portfolio can definitely speak for that!

After the wedding, I have several guests, my bridal party, and family members comment on how lovely Heather was and how they enjoyed having her part of the day. Some also commented how they liked that she wasn’t up in everyone’s business during the reception, but somehow captured EVERY moment! I received thousands of comments on how beautiful her pictures are and how the lighting is so natural. Words cannot truly describe how impressed and thankful I am to have had the opportunity to get to know and work with Heather!!

If this review doesn’t have you sending her an email right now… then wait for this!! My husband, who thoroughly enjoys having his picture taken (not), said, “I had so much fun taking pictures with Heather because she makes me feel so comfortable and let’s us have fun.” Okay.. now you have to be sold :)

Heather is the BEST, her photography is the BEST, and I could not be happier! I can’t wait for future life moments, so we can meet again :)

Heather Ryan Photography 11
    Heather Ryan Photography 23
    Heather Ryan Photography 24

Melanie · Married on 04/13/2018

Amazing Photographer

I couldn't believe how amazing our photos were! Upon receiving them I was so overwhelmed with happiness, as looking though the pictures brought back all the feelings we felt on our wedding day. I truly was nonstop smiling. She did such an amazing job. I also couldn't believe how fast she was able to edit them and give them to us. I've heard of people waiting months, but we had them within a week. We very much appreciated Heather being there for us and we were so lucky to have her as our wedding photographer.

Lauren Witmyer · Married on 03/10/2018

Heather Ryan Photography

Heather was such a delight to have at our wedding day! She was calming organized and efficient. She worked so hard the whole time to capture every single moment of our special day! We loved having her share our day with us and we hope to be able to use her again in the future! She’s truly the best there is in the Maryland Area!

Kellie · Married on 12/30/2017

Hire Now, absolutely wonderful

Heather is absolutely phenomenal! From the first interaction all the way through providing our final photos - she was engaging, fun to work with, and listened attentively to all of our concerns. I started planning my wedding while stationed overseas - she was willing to work with the time difference and remained patient with the facetime audio connection. We LOVED how our wedding photos turned out and she made it a fun process for us. Would highly recommend Heather to any dear friends, family, and acquaintences!!

Colleen · Married on 10/09/2017

We can’t say enough about how great it was to work with Heather. Not only is she an exceptionally talented photographer, she truly managed our wedding day, keeping us on schedule but allowing us and our guests to enjoy themselves. With only nine guests, Heather captured and made our small DC elopement the special day we hoped it would be. Heather brought her bubbly and professional attitude that kept everyone smiling throughout the day! She was a trooper and trekked with us in the heat to two monuments (and guided us in securing the proper permits). The results were more than we hoped for and we were so pleased to have our day captured with the back drop of the great sights in DC. Most notable about Heather is her ability to put everyone at ease so she can take REALLY great photos. Having never done a professional shoot before, we weren’t sure how comfortable we would be, but Heather helped us be ourselves and captured so many great moments throughout the day. We received our photos super fast, which was a great way to return from our honeymoon and we had a ton of time to get our photos printed and in frames for the holidays. We’ve received so many compliments on our photos and are so grateful that we were able to work with Heather!

Heather Ryan Photography 25
    Heather Ryan Photography 26
    Heather Ryan Photography 27
    Heather Ryan Photography 28
    Heather Ryan Photography 29
    Heather Ryan Photography 30

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2017

Heather is a remarkable photographer and wonderful person to work with. My husband and i had so much fun working with her. We first got to know heather during our engagement photo shoot. She helped to make us feel more comfortable and made the entire experience so fun! Her passion for photography is evident in her work. She has a special way of capturing couples and revealing who they are. On our wedding day Heather was the absolute best! She was always on time and always arrived with a smile. She helped to bring the party to life and truly captured the magic of the evening. We were blown away by her photos. We can't wait to work with Heather again in the future, as her photos are truly one of a kind!

• User6112478 · 1+ year ago

Let me start by saying Heather is AMAZING ! My husband and i had the most wonderful experience and couldn’t have asked for a better person to document the best day of our lives !! I highly recommend her to any and everyone, i can assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Heather Ryan Photography 31
    Heather Ryan Photography 38
    Heather Ryan Photography 39
    Heather Ryan Photography 40

Joanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Heather is the absolute best- she made us feel so comfortable and took some amazing photos. She included our dog, Stella, in the engagement photos and that meant the world to us!! Heather was so nice and personable and the wedding album just came in and it’s AMAZING! Words can’t describe how much we love Heather and recommend her so highly!

Heather Ryan Photography 41
    Heather Ryan Photography 42

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose Heather as our photographer mainly because the look and feel of her published work matched what we were looking for. After working with her for our August 2017 wedding, we now understand the high level of organization and professionalism it takes to get those great photos! We were very happy with the planning materials and advice we got from Heather leading up to our wedding. It helped both us and her have a clear vision and timeline for how the day would go.

Photography is a big part of the overall wedding budget and after all is said and done, it's what you are left with to remember your day! It put me at ease that Heather took her role in our wedding so seriously. She has a defined process (including a questionnaire about your wedding day details) which ensures that she captures the people and details that are most important to you. (And as a sidenote, Heather LOVES capturing those wedding day details, so book her if you want someone who will get lots of good photos of your shoes, jewelry, decor, and that sort of thing! It is a great way to capture and remember the overall look and feel of the day.)

A great perk of working with Heather was that we got to see a blog post and "preview" containing many photos, very soon after the wedding. Her processing time for the remainder of the photos was fast, too. My other recently married friends were jealous of the number of pictures we received, and how quickly we received them ;-)

Kelly · Married on 07/01/2017

Heather Ryan is the best. She’s an exceptional photographer and wonderful person. I’m so grateful that she was a part of our wedding. I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Kathryn · Married on 06/10/2017

We absolutely loved working with Heather! Friends ours had worked with Heather before so she came very highly recommended. After our first conversation with could tell how friendly, professional and organized Heather is. This was especially helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Heather gave great input on our shot sheet so we could be as organized as possible, particularly with our formal family portraits. On our wedding day she did not disappoint. Heather made us, our bridal party, friends and family feel completely at ease. Heather also completely understood the types of photos and aesthetic we wanted, and she totally captured it. We are so grateful to Heather for providing such beautiful photos of our wonderful day that we will treasure forever!

Caitlin · Married on 05/28/2017

Heather did an awesome job both for our wedding and engagement shoot. She had an awesome idea for a particular shot that we ended up using for our save the date and recreating at the wedding. We had a couple of requests for our wedding pictures and she made sure to get them all. We were running a bit behind schedule the day of the wedding, but she was able to get our pictures done quickly without sacrificing anything! I would highly recommend her!!

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Heather Ryan. At our initial meeting, her friendliness and confidence quickly put us at ease as she answered all our questions and more. We booked her the next day, opting for the basic package of 6 hours of coverage plus a 1-hour engagement shoot.
    We scheduled the e-shoot for a brisk October morning at Patapsco Valley State Park and Heather was thrilled when we asked to bring our dog Atlas along (She LOVES dogs!). That morning, we got there an hour before it opened (oops, they had just gone to off-season hours) so we grabbed coffee nearby. It actually worked out well: We got to know each other better, so we were more comfortable in front of the camera! Despite this delay, Heather didn't rush us one bit. In two weeks, we received more than 200 beautiful photos.
    Before the wedding, Heather was always available by email and sent us a questionnaire to make sure we covered all our bases. On our wedding day, Heather arrived early (even before we did) and she was definitely a calming presence. She did an excellent job keeping us on schedule during our First Look photos and our portraits, and got some amazing shots of us with Atlas (our ring bearer!). It started raining after our ceremony so she worked quickly through the family photos to keep everyone as dry (and happy) as possible. During the cocktail hour and reception she captured our guests candidly and was also ready to take group shots whenever anyone pulled her over (this happened a lot with our ridiculous group!). When the sun (FINALLY) came out after dinner she grabbed us to make sure we capitalized on the gorgeous Golden Hour light.
    Less than a week later she had already sent us hundreds (!!) of photos as a preview. We can't wait until we get the final delivery in a few more weeks! I can't recommend Heather strongly enough. Her work speaks for itself but she was amazing to work with every step of the way. I can't wait for the chance to hire her again for a portrait session!

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2017

There are so many great things to say about Heather Ryan Photography, where do I even begin? When we got engaged, Heather Ryan was the first vendor we booked! We met her at a friend’s wedding and fell in love with not only her timeless photography skills but also her fantastic personality. From the first meeting she made us feel so comfortable and she genuinely wanted to capture our day in a way that would be special to us. While posing for photos can be a bit awkward for those of us who are typically less photogenic (myself) she made it fun and stress free. From our engagement session to our wedding day, she truly felt like more of the family and wedding party than just another vendor running around. Even our parents were raving about how great a job she did during the event.

Afterwards, she had photos for us ready in such a timely fashion! She finished a small batch of some of the highlights within about a week, so we had something to look at and share with friends and the rest were finished not long after. I’ve had friends who have waited several months for any of their photos, and with Heather that is simply not the case. The quality of the pictures is phenomenal and she is truly a professional both in skill level and in assurance of a good product. We chose her because she has a classic but natural style. I love the black and white photos personally, but the quality of the color photos is also phenomenal. Her photographs are timeless and capture the essence of the moment.

She is charming and friendly without being overbearing. I would highly recommend her for anyone both for portrait photography as well as weddings! She is above and beyond what you want in a photographer.

Heather Ryan Photography 43
    Heather Ryan Photography 49
    Heather Ryan Photography 50
    Heather Ryan Photography 51

Katie · Married on 12/10/2016

WOW. One of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding planning process was putting our photography needs in Heather's hands! From start to finish she was a class act - displaying true professionalism and talent. Heather was responsive and made us feel completely comfortable along the way. She is such a kind, genuine person and so much fun to work with. The day of the wedding she arrived on time and ready to go! Her creative eye captured images that truly reflected the entire feel for the day. Our wedding was in December and she worked with us to ensure we had enough daylight to get the photos we wanted.

Our guests are still raving about our wedding photos and I've already had two friends book Heather as a result of them. I am so grateful we found her as we will cherish her work for the rest of our lives.

Thank you Heather!

Heidi · Married on 11/05/2016

Heather was amazing! When picking a photographer, my number one criteria was finding someone who I was comfortable with - And Heather exceeded all expectations. She has such a great personality and is easy to work with. As far as her photos go, you can see for yourself that she knows her stuff!!

When booking a photographer, I emailed back and forth with a number of photographers and met with a few in person. As soon as we met with Heather, the search was done.

A tid bit of advice - Get the Engagement Photos! We originally didn't think we needed any - But I'm so thankful we got them with our package. We got to know Heather and kind of prepare for how to pose, and what it's like to be in front of the camera before the Big Day. I loved our photos, and we had fun that day! I ended up using the photos to make a guest book.

On the actual wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I was so nervous before the wedding (along with my entire family and bridal party), but Heather was calm and friendly the whole time. She helped to keep everything on track. I made a list of photos I wanted for Heather (her idea), and no matter how crazy or hectic parts of the day got, she managed to get every single photo I wanted (and more).

I'd recommend her to anyone!!!

Karly · Married on 10/08/2016

Heather was absolutely wonderful. She listened from start to finish and gave us so much helpful advice along the way. We had a lot of large groups and odd combinations, and she wasn't phased a bit!

Heather was easy-going, friendly and sweet--truly the best vendor we worked with on our wedding. And did I mention her photos are beautiful? We just love them. I can't recommend her enough! (Her prices are totally reasonable too.)

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

We are SO happy we chose Heather to capture our big day. From the initial meeting, to the engagement session, planning before the wedding, emails between, and the big day itself she was fantastic. She was helpful in preparing a list of photos we wanted on the wedding day to maximize our time, and really worked hard to ensure they were all taken. She arrived early to scope out the area, and did a great job of making sure all the details were photographed. She even did some fun spur of the moment whole group shots during the reception that we are so grateful for. Her friendliness, professionalism, and quality of service exceeded our expectations. You can't go wrong with hiring Heather to capture the memories of your day.

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I felt so lucky to have stumbled upon Heather's website when searching for a photographer for our engagement photos and wedding in 2016. After viewing the beautiful work posted on her website and blog, Brandon and I knew she was not only talented but also reasonably priced! I could not have been happier with the way Heather made us feel so comfortable during the process and the end result of our photographs were beyond beautiful! In fact, my mom, who has photographed a few weddings herself, has not stopped exclaiming what a wonderful job Heather did on both our engagement shoot and wedding photos! Heather has a great rating on Wedding Wire for good reason and I would HIGHLY recommend her to other brides in the area! Thanks again Heather!

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

Heather is perfection, stop your wedding photographer search right here! There aren't enough superlatives and accolades to describe what an incredible professional she is. Heather has the perfect personality to be a wedding photographer, immediately putting everybody at ease, and making us comfortable in front of the camera (which is actually a feat for us). She's stealthy with her shots, you barely notice she's there during the reception. Most importantly, her pictures turn out amazing! Going into our engagement shoot, our only goals was to not look super awkward in pictures, but when we got the photos back we had a difficult time choosing which photos were the best. We are both normal looking people, but Heather made us look amazing! Because we didn't do a "first look" before the wedding, we had about an hour to get all the group & family pictures in. Heather was able to get everything done efficiently and the pictures turned out perfect! Going with Heather was one of our best wedding decisions and definitely worth the splurge! My only disappointment is that Heather isn't there in my daily life to make me look so much more photogenic.

Christine · Married on 06/24/2016

I would HIGHLY recommend Heather Ryan Photography. She is detail oriented, organized, and professional. She is very easy to get along with and made my husband and I feel comfortable from the beginning. She shot our both our engagement and wedding photos and we were extremely happy with the results.