Heather Hughes Photography Reviews

Heather Hughes Photography 4
Heather Hughes Photography 5

Kelly Smith · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible

Heather Hughes was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was more than I could have hoped for. I told my now-husband that I wanted to spend the majority of our budget on photography and I am so glad that we did. She perfectly captured the most beautiful day of our lives and I highly recommend her for your special occasion. Love her!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you so much Kelly! I'm so happy to have been a part of it. I will always remember your magical day!
  • John

John Trauernicht · Married on 06/01/2019

David and Emily Wedding - Williamsburg Va

Heather is truly amazing. Her attention to detail, technical expertise, and masterful orchestration are only surpassed by her artistry, compassion, and lovely personality. Even though it was a small, intimate wedding, multiple shoot locations posed a logistical challenge. From initial planning through site previews to the day of the wedding, she covered everything. Over the course of the wedding and photo shoots, Heather smoothly orchestrated bride, groom, guests and even the restaurant staff! A gifted photographer with outstanding people skills, she is a truly exceptional person.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Robin

Robin Rose · Married on 01/06/2019

Emily and David Wedding - Williamsburg

Heather,
    I can’t tell you how happy we are with all of your efforts on our behalf. Your photos are just incredibly beautiful but you did so much more. You thought of things we didn’t know we should think of (bobby pins) and captured images of everything. I loved seeing the photo of the sign at the market, Emily and Sofi (the dog), their rings on the pillow I made. You just didn’t miss anything and did it all with such artistry. We are all so impressed.
    I will never forget leaving to wash my hands before cutting the cake (assuming nobody else would serve it) and coming back to discover that you'd sent it off with the staff to have them cut it for us. For that and a million other things large and small we can’t thank you enough.

When we started making plans last September I told Emily that the photos were in my estimation the most important thing. I believe I expressed those sentiments to you the first time we talked. Everything else about her wedding day will grow hazy over time but the images captured will always bring those memories to life.

Robin

Sent on 06/04/2019

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

You are SO welcome Robin, you are totally bringing tears to my eyes. I'm beyond happy that I was able to help your daughter's day run smoothly & be all you wanted it to be!
  • Beth

Beth Carter · Married on 11/24/2018

Stress free wedding photography

Heather is amazing. She helped make our wedding day run seamlessly even with a torrential downpour and transportation mishaps. It was very important to me to be able to enjoy every minute of the day with family and friends rather than focus solely on taking pictures. She captured incredible shots without taking away from the evening. She gave us a huge portfolio of pictures that we will treasure for years to come. She worked with us to ensure we got all of the specific shots we wanted. Despite all the chaos she never became flustered or stressed which helped ease my stress as well. I would hire her again and recommend her to anyone considering her for their wedding!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Heather Hughes Photography 6
    Heather Hughes Photography 7
    Heather Hughes Photography 8

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Yay!!! So happy to hear I was able to make your experience so amazing Beth, and thank you for keeping me in the loop throughout!!!

Arri Daniels · Married on 11/10/2018

This woman is amazing!

Omg, Heather went above and beyond. There were times that she was helping me get this wedding done on time! She arranged for an Edible Arrangement when she found out when I was coming back to the US and she ALWAYS makes a special emergency bridal bag. That bag was the lifeline for the wedding. The photos turned out amazing and she and her Korean speaking partner, as well as their assistant, were there to capture all the important moments and more! I cannot stress enough how helpful Heather was to me; she was like a right-hand woman when my bridesmaids failed me at times!
    But let's talk photos. The photos are amazing. Heather's photos are charming enough to appeal to everyone; just the right amount of humor, traditional portraits and candid moments that perfectly capture the slightly controlled chaos that was my wedding. Sister-in-law's husband jumping down into a split? Captured in action with no blur. Bouquet toss? Same action shot. Sunset picture? Perfectly color-balanced for a dramatic and romantic shot. Seriously, she's got the talent to make your wedding look like an art exhibit capturing all the various ranges of human emotion.
    I can't recommend her enough! Hire her already!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Awww, you've got me tearing up - I'm so happy I was able to help make your day even more special Arri. Thank you SO much for all the praise, it means everything to me that I was able to make your experience so amazing!

Morgan · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Photographer

Heather was amazing!!! We decided to do our engagement pictures & wedding pictures with her and she made us feel so comfortable!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Heidi · Married on 07/20/2018

Heather is amazing! My husband and I had planned a rather late notice and very simple summer ceremony, and did not know what to do about a photographer. Neither of us were very into the wedding planning so did not know much about the process at all, but heard of Heather through the grapevine. We knew as soon as we sat down to chat with her that she was perfect for us! She was so flexible and willing to work with what we wanted, which was just shots before, during, and after the ceremony. We got married at the St. Bede Shrine on Richmond Road and were a little wary and confused regarding the rules for photography there, but Heather was on the ball. She was so professional and prepared that our worries vanished instantly. She was also always super quick to respond to any thought or question we had, and was wonderful with helping us outline what photos we would want. The day of our wedding, she arrived before we did, totally prepared, and everyone absolutely loved her. She was kind, patient, and knew exactly what she was doing. Heather made the picture taking a joy for everyone. And WOW, did she deliver. The photos we got back went above and beyond any expectations we had. Heather turned our very simple and laid back ceremony into such an exciting event, and captured so many moments that we hadn’t even thought to ask for. For a fun and stress-free photography experience, go with Heather! We will doubtlessly work with her again, and send all our friends her way!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi! I'm so happy I was able to help make your day even better!

Mandy · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Heather! We used Heather for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. Every single photo that she gave us was beautiful and we were so impressed with her work! We planned our wedding from out of town and Heather was easy to communicate with and was always quick to respond. Heather was super personable and we had so much fun taking both our engagement and wedding photos. She kept us, our wedding party, and families organized throughout the entire wedding day and captured every important detail! We highly recommend working with Heather and were extremely thankful to have her as our photographer!

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Heather Hughes Photography 9

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Mandy! You and Andy were so sweet together, and so much fun, I'm happy I could help make the whole experience even better for you!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/03/2018

I received such amazing photos from my wedding & the hardest part was narrowing down which ones I loved the best because there were so many great shots to choose from. Heather Hughes was professional from start to finish & I would highly recommend using her to capture your precious moments!

Sent on 04/24/2018
    Heather Hughes Photography 10

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you Whitney! All of the work your family put into the day really made the photos spectacular, thank you for being so awesome to work with.

Kesley · Married on 11/04/2017

Heather is super easy to work with, and she really knows her craft. We are beyond satisfied with our experience. She helped us get an idea of what we wanted and made suggestions that we found helpful. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Ryan · Married on 11/04/2017

Heather was nothing short of excellent in every way. She was friendly and helpful, but unobtrusive. I didn't feel like I was being hounded for photos at the ceremony or reception, yet she captured so many incredible photos of so many special moments. Her experience really shows in the quality of her work and the pictures are fantastic.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Amy · Married on 07/14/2017

This lady knows her stuff. Our pictures turned out even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. She accommodated us with wanting to use several different locations and her easy going nature made the experience fun and relaxing. I would recommend her for any of your photography needs.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Elyssa · Married on 05/14/2017

Heather was so great! She knew exactly what needed to happen both in planning and during the wedding. She was extremely thorough and accommodating for what we were looking for. As a pretty relaxed bride, she made sure to keep everything on schedule and got all of the pictures I needed. Also, if you are looking for someone who will actually respond to you and quickly, Heather is perfect.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Amanda · Married on 12/03/2016

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with and is definitely worth the price! She was extremely flexible on the day of the wedding and made sure we had all the posed pictures we wanted with our families. We also took pictures on the beach when it was pretty cold and windy, but Heather and her fellow photographer were able to work around the challenges. During the reception she made sure to take pics of everyone at the tables and during the dancing. We haven't seen her pictures yet but I'm sure they will be amazing.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 11/19/2016

Heather is awesome - flexible, accommodating and TALENTED. She was patient with us, and her pre-wedding timeline review really helped us organize our day and ensure we got all the shots we wanted. Heather is an incredible photographer, and caught so many beautiful candids, as well as every little detail, of our wedding. Her package is truly a value -- the quality of the photos, the photo book, USB with all our photos, as well as many other details, are just some of the things that have earned her the Couples Choice Award multiple years in a row.
    Our advice to couples still searching, or even having booked a photographer already, is just to know exactly the kind of photos you like of yourselves, and make sure you and your photographer are on the same page. We found it helpful to put together a few photos we liked of ourselves and explain why, so that Heather understood exactly what we were looking for in our pictures. Also, if you want specific poses, be sure to review that info with your photographer in advance, or ask what poses they suggest -- this will again ensure that your expectations match your photographers and vice versa.
    You cannot go wrong with Heather -- she is a true professional, incredibly talented, and was an integral part of our wedding day. She captured more moments and details than we even imagined, so we will always have beautiful memories from our wedding day.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

You're very welcome Sabrina! SO happy I was able to bring your vision to life!!!!

Sally · Married on 10/15/2016

Heather is fabulous to work with in all ways. We found her to be flexible in terms of our wants as we wanted lots of group shots as well as taking amazing newlywed, ceremony and reception shots. I would recommend her to anyone who asks.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sally for choosing me to capture your special day!

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2016

I would definitely recommend Heather Hughes Photography to anyone in need of a photographer. Heather is very reliable, flexible, and makes the point of getting to know her clients and what type of photos they are looking for. She took the pictures at my wedding and they are wonderful! My husband and I decided to get the wedding package that includes a photo album and we are very pleased with how it came out.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle and good luck on your move!
  • User6201934 · 2+ years ago

My daughter, Michelle, and son-in-law, Christian, met with several different photographers. Then, they met with Heather and felt very comfortable with her. I was first drawn to her website not only by the beautiful pictures and her photojournalistic style, but by also reading her "about me" section and getting a sense of who she is as a person and professional. She was VERY responsive. When I asked for references, she sent me email addresses for previous clients. Another photographer just told me to read wedding wire because his clients are busy people! I tossed him out right away! The references she sent took the time to answer my questions. We were SO happy with our choice to use Heather. She captured all the pictures Michelle and Christian had requested and many others as well. It was such a beautiful day and we have beautiful pictures to look at over and over again. I would highly recommend Heather to others!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, I truly enjoyed working with all of you as well and while email is great I know talking with someone is always better ;)

Heather is an incredible and professional photographer. My husband and I had Heather photograph our engagement session and wedding in Williamsburg. Heather instantly put everyone at ease. My husband and I had a blast with her while taking photos during our engagement shoot. We normally are not that comfortable with taking photos! And at the wedding, she had a professional presence. She directed us and our families to where we needed to be for certain photographs, and stayed behind the scenes during all the festivities.

Heather is flexible. To account for our schedules, we had phone calls late at night to discuss our must have photos and how the day would go. She also helps with last minute planning, which was such a relief. My husband and I wanted to take photos at the Williamsburg Inn. Heather called the Inn the week before the wedding to coordinate with them on where and when we would take the photos.

We received our photos (over 650 wedding photos) within a month of being married! And we loved so many of them. We highly recommend Heather.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

All in a day's work ;) Experience has taught me to cover all bases, and have a Plan B AND Plan C, to help make the wedding day less stressful for all. Super happy it all worked out and we got some GREAT photos!!

Kayla · Married on 09/26/2015

Heather was so wonderful to work with. She made both my husband and I feel so comfortable. She even wore her lucky rain coat all day to hold off the rain!!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Heather came highly recommended by many families / brides in the area, and we are so glad that we hired her as our wedding photographer! She was very responsive and answered out many questions, putting us at ease about the big day. The photos are absolutely gorgeous, and we received them very soon after the event. We could not have asked for more in a photographer. It was a true pleasure working with her!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

And I'm glad I got to capture the moments on your wedding day - you guys were awesome to work with!! :)

Chrissy · Married on 06/06/2015

I can't even begin to describe how lucky we were to have found Heather. My husband, Luke, and I got married June of 2015. Heather was our photographer and made our experience so delightful. Since the first time I met with her she took my stress away, was impressively organized, and had such a calm and peaceful demeanor.

We talked for months about my vision, shots that were important to me, and what I wanted to get out of our photographs, until finally it was our big day. Heather showed up and was so happy, smiling constantly and putting all of us at ease. Throughout the whole day she blended in. None of us felt like we were being bombarded with pictures. I was so surprised when I got the link to our photographs and saw 800 fantastic shots. I loved EVERY single one of them. I had no idea she was there capturing the intimate and funny moments. Those pictures will stay with us for life, each representing a particular story from our very special day.

Anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion- you cannot go wrong with Heather Hughes Photography. I am an artist myself, very picky, and did months of research before committing. I was more impressed than I ever could have imagined. Even since our wedding has been over, Heather has still communicated on my vision for our photo book and even sent me a complimentary print on a sheet of metal. How cool is that? Thank you for making our wedding so fabulous Heather, and for allowing those memories to live on!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Heather Hughes Photography's reply:

Thank you Chrissy for an amazing day and letting me make a sample album to share it with other couples!

Heather did a fantastic job on our wedding photos and album. We would definitely recommend Heather if you are looking for someone who is reliable and professional.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Gina · Married on 01/10/2015

Heather did an incredible job with our wedding photos. Right from the start, she was so easy to work with, professional, and you just got the sense that she knew exactly what she was doing. On the wedding day, she was a true "ninja" - somehow everywhere at once getting incredible shots but somehow we didn't even notice her. I would highly recommend Heather to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Nicki · Married on 11/09/2014

Heather was awesome to work with. Very patient and kind with everyone. Her photos are beautiful. I am so glad she photographed our wedding. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/30/2014