Heart Light Weddings Reviews

Heart Light Weddings 1
  • Brady

Brady Root · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome officiant

Hannah was really great. Made the vows and ceremony a breeze and perfectly tailored her words to our wishes.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks Brady, I was honored to be your officiant. I enjoyed meeting you and being a part of your wedding day.
    Hannah Desmond

Alexa Arastoo · Married on 09/28/2019

Super flexible and professional.

Hannah made our ceremony so special. She let us personalize everything to best represent us. Very sweet lady and super easy to work with. Would recommend!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thank you Alexa and Brady, It was a pleasure being part of your wedding day.
    Best,
    HeartLight Weddings

Aja Mendenhall · Married on 12/08/2018

Shower of blessings

Hannah was supportive and so kind! It was raining/so cold and she was down for the challenge! Nothing but showers of blessings on our elopement day!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Heart Light Weddings 2

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Aja. I enjoyed meeting both of you. I'm so glad ya'll were such good sports about the locked gate and the cold. May you have many years of happiness together.

Jenna · Married on 06/30/2018

We are so thankful to have found Rev. Hannah to officiate our magical ceremony!

As a couple, we wanted a female officiant who was spiritual, accommodating to all beliefs, and also familiar with the hand fasting ceremony. From the start she was easy to connect with and communicated our ceremony options and pricing clearly. We chose the Joyous Union ceremony - it was simple, meaningful and honoring of our families varying religious preference. It also allowed space for personal vows, a special prayer and the hand-fasting we desired.

Overall, it was a joy to work with Hannah and have her as part of our special day! Light-hearted, loving and relaxed, she is a true gem and I highly recommend Heart Light Weddings, if you are looking for an officiant in Asheville. Thank you Hannah!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Nan · Married on 04/08/2017

Rev. Hannah was amazing. I highly recommend her. She is caring and attentive and made sure our ceremony was perfect. We met with her and knew she was the right officiant for us.

Sent on 04/21/2017

Rev Tom was the perfect addition to our mountain wedding! He was patient, kind, and extremely flexible. He worked with us to make sure our day was just right. He worked with my husband to create a ceremony that perfectly reflected our families and our marriage. They were an amazing value as well. Many of the other officiants were triple or double the price and from what I have understood from other brides did not come up to scratch with the service that Rev Tom provided. He was so laid back and made our big day that much better! Our ceremony was perfect thanks to him!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks Elizabeth, It was a great pleasure being a part of you and Williams beautiful day. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I greatly appreciate it.
    Rev. Tom Johanson
    HeartLight Weddings
    Asheville NC

Sarah · Married on 11/16/2014

Hannah was a pleasure to work with. She was friendly, efficient and very helpful. She made our wedding to easy for me. I would highly recommend her services to anyone that is looking to get married in Asheville or nearby areas. She did a wonderful job!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Tracey · Married on 10/15/2014

Finding Hannah was a blessing! From the first contact, she was very warm and easy to talk to. Since this was a destination wedding, we were not able to meet with her in person prior to the ceremony but she was very responsive to phone calls/emails. She sent us a nice selection of wedding vows and readings to select from but we were free to add or alter whatever we wanted. Due to an unexpected health issue, we had to change our ceremony date at the last minute (literally a few weeks before the wedding). She was very accommodating and even gave us suggestions for a new site to exchange our vows (which turned out to be perfect!) She did a lovely job at the ceremony, has a wonderful, soothing presence, and was thankfully very patient since we had a 30+ minute delay. On a side note, her husband also plays acoustic guitar and his fee is very reasonable. We were going to use his services at our original venue but were not able to due to the last minute venue change. He also took photos during the ceremony as well. I highly recommend Heart Light Weddings if you are looking for an officiant in Western NC.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review, Tracey. It was an honor and a pleasure being part of your magical wedding in the bamboo forest.
    Rev. Hannah

Catherine · Married on 10/05/2014

We had our wedding on short notice and we didn't have much time to prepare so I was pretty stressed out. Rev. Hannah Desmond was very nice on the phone. She was relaxed but very excited to help us make our day special. We couldn’t meet her until our wedding day because we live in a different town. However, we felt very comfortable knowing she was going to be our Officiant. She had such a calm and soothing presence about her that I immediately felt relaxed and reassured that everything would turn out and it did. I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was a beautiful ceremony and it was exactly as we wanted it to be. She was very pleasant and professional throughout. I highly recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/20/2014

Hannah was wonderful to work with! She gave us many options and allowed us to add our own touch to the ceremony. I highly recommend using Hannah for weddings! A+++++++

Sent on 10/19/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the great review! It was a pleasure and an honor to be part of your wedding day.

Rachel & Danny · Married on 09/13/2014

Rev. Hannah Desmond was our Officiant for our wedding and we could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony out of her! From the very beginning, she was understanding of what my husband and I wanted out of our ceremony. She met with us and showed us scripts of what we could use before we even hired her. She was so flexible, she let us mix and match her scripts to make our very own. I am still getting raves about our vows. Thank you so much Hannah!!! I would definitely recommend her for any type of ceremony.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Rachel. It was a great pleasure meeting you and Danny. I know you two will have a long and lasting marriage. Brightest Blessings, Hannah

Louise · Married on 07/19/2014

Hannah Desmond of Heart Light Weddings was our Officiant for our wedding.
    Hannah was caring and very professional from the first moment we spoke on the phone.
    The time she took to get to know my husband and I helped us to choose the perfect ceremony.
    My husband and I thought as well as many family and friends who commented on how touching and yet fitting for us personally it was. Hannah's consistency and caring nature made for such comfort she too felt like part of the family. I highly endorse Hannah Desmond for your wedding, renewal of vows or any other event which may require her spiritual service.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Erika · Married on 06/03/2014

Hannah was wonderful to work with. My hubby and I were very laid back, so I left it up to Hannah to select our ceremony for us. What she chose was lovely and meaningful without being cheesy. Her husband Tom came along and provided music for the ceremony. Our day would not have been as successful or relaxed without Hannah and Tom. Thank you both!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the beautiful review, Erika. You and Andrew have a special place in my heart.
    All Good Things,

Karla · Married on 05/25/2014

Hannah was the perfect officant for our wedding. She was courteous and helpful from the get go and the ceremony choices we had to select from were loving, original and had the exact sentiments we wanted to express to one another. She arrived in plenty of time before the wedding to introduce herself and run through the agenda and even offered to drop off our marriage license! If you're looking for a heartfelt, unique ceremony with options to personalize, Heart Light Weddings is the way to go.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Hi Karla, Thank you for your beautiful review. It was an honor meeting you and being a part of your beautifully meaningful and symbolic ceremony.
    Blessings,

Susan · Married on 05/24/2014

We planned a simple, intimate wedding at a mountain home and had the wonderful pleasure of including Hannah Desmond as our officiant. Hannah was so easy to work with and made planning-at-a-distance nearly effortless. She was responsive to calls and emails and provided several wonderful script options for our ceremony. When we combined scripts and did a little editing to make it "our own", she received it gladly and did an excellent job of delivering the words and the sentiment during the ceremony. We must also extend a very special thank you to her husband Tom for participating as our musician- the guitar instrumentals lent such a perfect ambiance to the small ceremony and downloading and learning "our song" was above and beyond. I would highly recommend Hannah, Tom and Heart Light Weddings if you are considering getting married in the Asheville, NC area. I wasn't sure I could find someone to come to our location in Marshall, but they were more than willing to do so. It took so much off my mind to know that I could rely on their expertise, caring and attention to detail. Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review Susan. It was a pleasure being part of your beautiful day.
    Blessings,
    Hannah & Tom

Marlys · Married on 10/31/2013

We wanted a simple wedding on the day we met which was on Halloween. Hannah was very accommodating from the very beginning. Hannah made sure it was special and even sent her own pictures of our event afterwards. It was such a blessing to have her officiate our special occasion. I will definitely recommend to anyone wanting to get married. Thank you Hannah

Sent on 11/05/2013

Kritina · Married on 04/13/2013

Hannah did a wonderful ceremony with all of the tweaking we needed:)

Sent on 04/26/2013

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks Katina, it was an honor being part of your beautiful ceremony.

Monique · Married on 03/23/2013

Hannah was perfect, easy to talk to, funny and a very good speaker for the ceremony. We were given numerous options for our non-denominational wedding. We really enjoyed her as our officiate.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Daniel · Married on 12/22/2012

Hannah was wonderful! Punctual, easygoing, and a wonderful ceremony

Sent on 01/13/2013

Kim · Married on 10/20/2012

I couldn't have been happier with Rev. Hannah Desmond for my wedding. She did an amazing job as our officiant for our wedding on 10/20/12. I don't normally write reviews unless I'm completely satisfied and she exceeded my expectations to say the least. I STRONGLY recommend her to other brides searching for an officiant. (I had many wedding guests come up to me and tell me that they want her contact information to pass out to their friends who recently got engaged and are planning their weddings.) Thank you Rev. Desmond for making our day special! :)

Sent on 10/31/2012

Thanks Kim and Eric,
    It was a great pleasure to meet you and your lovely family and friends. I was honored to be a part of the wonderful ceremony you and Eric created. Thanks for the great review.
    All good things,

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2012

Hannah wrote and delivered a beautiful ceremony. She was also accommodating from our first meeting with her through to the days leading up the event when she agreed to stay in the mountains overnight in order to attend our rehearsal and ceremony the next day. She was also very flexible on the wedding day, delaying her departure by two hours as we waited for the rain to pass before beginning the ceremony. She is a calming presence that my husband and I and our family and friends truly enjoyed have share in our special event.

Sent on 09/23/2012

HI Lindsay,
    Thanks for the beautiful review. You and Corey are a special couple and I thoroughly enjoyed being part of your beautiful ceremony.
    Bright Blessings,

Elena · Married on 08/04/2012

Hannah Desmond provided a beautiful wedding service and helped organize our whole wedding party. She was professional, well spoken and just plain nice. She really helped make our wedding special!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thanks Elena, I enjoyed every minute of it and I love Deerfields.

C · Married on 07/14/2012

Hannah performed our handfasting ceremony and it was a wonderful experience. She was more than we could have hoped for. Hannah answered all of our E-mails promptly and with great insight. She was warm and friendly and knew just how to make our ceremony the perfect fit for us.

Steven and Christine Sciandra

Sent on 07/26/2012

Hi Steven and Christine,
    Thanks for the wonderful review. It was a great pleasure being part of your ceremony. I loved the little bridge covered with rose petals, the young girls putting the flower petals in the stream at just the right moment, the look on your face when Steven surprised you with your new ring and, of course, feeling the love between you. Brightest Blessings. Hannah

Becky · Married on 06/15/2012

Not only are the services provided by Heartlight Weddings professional, they are filled with warmth and kindness. How many officiants would welcome you to be married in their homes? Hannah was a wonderful guide in this huge step in our lives. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our wedding day and our choice to work with Heartlight.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Jordan · Married on 06/09/2012

We enjoyed having Hannah Desmond as our officiant. She was very professional, kind and helped me weeks before the wedding with any questions or concerns I had. She sent me different ceremonies to go over prior to the wedding and let us choose which best suit our needs and wants. The hand blessing she offered is beautiful and our wedding ceremony was a complete success with her help! Thank you Hannah for all you did.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Heart Light Weddings's reply:

Thank you, It was a great pleasure being part of your beautiful ceremony.
    All Good Things,