Hazelton Photography Reviews

Hazelton Photography 1
Hazelton Photography 2
  • Laynee

Laynee · Married on 07/27/2019

Everything we wanted and more!

Caitlin's team was professional and hardworking from the beginning. An engagement photo shoot was included with our package so that we got a feel for working with her. Those photos turned out perfectly, and we were excited for the wedding. The day of our wedding, Caitlin and her assistant stayed all day to make sure they captured everything. They thought of all of the little details, getting ready moments, venue shots, sunset photos...you name it! They really went above and beyond and we cannot wait to see our final photos!

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Hazelton Photography 3
    Hazelton Photography 4

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

We had our wedding at The Herrington in Geneva, and Hazelton Photography was listed as a preferred vendor. We are so glad we went with Caitlin and team - she knew exactly where the best shots were throughout the venue and took the time a few weeks before our wedding to show us as well. We are still waiting on our finished product, but based on the engagement photos she did for us and how flexible and attentive Caitlin was throughout the entire planning process, we highly recommend Hazelton Photography!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Katey

Katey · Married on 06/03/2017

Caitlin captured beautiful memories of our wedding day. She was recommended to us by our wedding venue, Riverside Receptions. We quickly fell in love with her beautiful landscape photos from other events. Prior to booking Caitlin, we met with her in person to allow everyone to get to know each other. This also allowed us to ask Caitlin some questions regarding what to expect from her and are assistant photographer should we hire them. Caitlin’s kind and calm demeanor – as well as attention to detail immediately won us over.
    Caitlin was easy to work with throughout the planning process. She did our engagement photos and recommended a beautiful park in Geneva. She is very knowledgeable about lighting, framing, and how to make you feel comfortable during a photo session.
    Prior to our wedding day, Caitlin sent us a questionnaire to pin point exactly what photos we were looking to have taken on our wedding day. SHE DID NOT MISS ANY REQUEST! She was flexible with our ideas and offered insight on how to make sure our day flowed smoothly from getting ready, the ceremony, family photos, bridal party, pictures of just us, and the reception. She even met with us the week of our wedding to walk the site of our venue and where post ceremony pictures would be. We were put at ease with her knowledge of the location and what scenes we could use as backgrounds.
    Caitlin allowed me to be a calm, happy bride because I knew she would capture our friends and family in their best light. The pictures speak for themselves with how beautiful they are. She sent us a USB drive with all of our pictures to keep. She also offers options to print our pictures or create albums. She and her assistant photographer captured so many intimate, fun, and special moments on our wedding day. She was wonderful to work with and allowed us to have beautiful pictures to remember our special day with. THANK YOU CAITLIN!

Sent on 01/03/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/04/2016

We used Caitlin for our engagement and wedding photos, and we can't say enough about our experience. Caitlin and Kate were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day, everyone was so impressed! They were so nice and made everything seem effortless. We were ALL over the place taking pictures, and Caitlin was even in the water at one point trying to get great shots--that's dedication! If you're not sure what you want or what to do/how to pose and and not necessarily comfortable in front of a camera, no worries! Caitlin and her team will guide you and tell you exactly what to do to ensure great shots. She lets you know what to expect from start to finish and follows through with exactly what she says. With so many things to do and worry about with wedding planning, Caitlin made the process so easy and seamless. My husband (!!!!) and I would definitely recommend Hazelton Photography for your engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 09/11/2016

jen · Married on 07/22/2016

Cailtlin is so easy to work with and takes wonderful photos.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Justine · Married on 05/28/2016

Caitlin was wonderful to work with! My husband and I absolutely loved her photos. They are amazing! You will not be disappointed hiring her. Our family and friends have been amazed with the photos she took. They are gorgeous. She is very professional and organized as well. We were so happy we choose her to capture our wedding day.

Sent on 08/11/2016

jacquelyn · Married on 05/14/2016

Caitlin is very easy to work with. She is very responsive and suggested a lot of ideas/timelines, etc. which was important for me as I didn't know the first thing about wedding planning. But most importantly, her pictures are absolutely beautiful. The way she uses light gives the images a soft and romantic look which is exactly what I wanted! She sent me a link to the proofs 2 months after the wedding where I could order professional prints of any size from her, and about 2 weeks after that, I received a flash drive with all of my images. I liked that as I could print additional pictures anywhere I wanted on top of the photos I ordered from her.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Libby · Married on 04/23/2016

Caitlin was amazing to work with. She met with us a few times prior to the wedding and really was able to capture what we were looking for on our wedding day. We definitely plan using Hazelton Photography to capture many more memories.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Egle · Married on 10/17/2015

Caitlin is an ultimate professional in terms of handling the business as well as taking the time to understand your unique vision. The the moment we signed on with Caitlin, we knew we were in great hands, and her work did not disappoint. Highly recommend!! www.hazeltonphotography.com/

Sent on 04/17/2016

Kichul · Married on 09/19/2015

This is a super late review and we feel really bad for posting this so late because Caitlin and Stephanie were just so awesome.

We got married on 9/19/15 at Thompson Chicago. Our bridal suite was at the hotel along with the ceremony and the reception. My wife and I met when she came to Chicago on a business trip from Korea. So she didn't speak English very well at the wedding. Doesn't matter. Caitlin met with us at around 12:30pm and got started right away starting at the bridal suite. She was very patient with everyone and not once she forced anyone into an unnatural pose (which I've seen from other photographers). Everything seemed to be very fluent and part of our wedding story.

Before the wedding I met with Caitlin and told her about our "love story." Maybe because of that, she knew who we were (not just clients) and did an wonderful job with storytelling with her photos.

We got the final album a few months later (a lot to do with our tardiness). The process was very smooth. We were fairly picky and made lots of requests but the album came out perfectly. Again, everyone in the photos looked so natural and happy. You can really tell the emotions of the people in the album as Caitlin captures the warmth and happiness so so so well.

Anyway, you won't regret it. Thank you Caitlin. My wife just loved the whole experience and we still sometimes talk about how awesome Hazelton Photography was.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Caitlin and Stephanie were our photographer for our August wedding. They were seriously amazing. They are so easy to work with, and they felt like our friends hanging out with us at our wedding. It is so nice to find people so laid back and easy to relate to that you forget you're actually paying them to take pictures of you.
    I will say that my husband and I had a serious talk about hiring Caitlin after we met with her. I knew I wanted to splurge on photography, and it was either a cheaper photographer and videographer OR just the photography.
    I am so glad we made the right decision. She is worth every penny, and she made our wedding unforgettable. We will definitely recommend her to anyone, and we will use her for all of our future photography needs.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Caitlin did an amazing job on our wedding photos. She is so easy to work with and made my day stress free by being on time and being flexible with what we wanted to do. The whole planning process with her was easy and fun and her work is beyond beautiful! She really captures who you are in her photos and listens to what you want to be captured. Must have for your wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

Caitlin was excellent to work with from the beginning. She is very responsive and easy to get along with. She and her associate Kate did a great job on our wedding day and the pictures came out wonderfully. Neither my husband nor I are very comfortable in front of the camera, but they did a great job making us feel at ease and helping us have fun. She did a great job being everywhere to get great shots while blending in and not causing any distraction. Caitlin also did our engagement photos which came out beautifully!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Danielle and Jack · Married on 11/22/2014

We used Hazelton photography for our wedding a few months ago. We could not be happier with the photos or the experience we had with Caitlin. Both Caitlin and her assistant Kate were so friendly and relaxed. They fit right in with our family and friends which helped make the day go very smoothly. The pictures they captured were so beautiful. Caitlin has an incredible talent for shooting moments where the emotion and excitement of the day seems to just jump off the page. Every picture shows the immense love and joy we were feeling throughout the day.

Throughout the whole planning process, and even after the wedding, Caitlin was very helpful and willing to go above and beyond to help us out. If you are looking for beautiful, natural, candid wedding photos, Hazelton Photography is the perfect fit. We could not recommend Caitlin more and cannot wait to use her for all of our future special family moments.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Caitlin and her assistant Jessie were absolutely amazing. They came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Caitlin was so flexible and charming. I am sure the photos will be fabulous and can't wait to see them!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Hazelton Photography was the perfect addition to our wedding. Caitlin was the first photographer that we met when we started wedding planning, and we knew before the end of that meeting that we wanted her to be included in our journey. We could tell how dedicated she is to her work. It is clear that photography is not only her "job", but a way for her to express her love for the talent she has. Her style of photography was exactly what we needed for our farm wedding. The other thing we loved about her is how involved she is in getting to know her clients. We weren’t just another couple that she was working for; she wanted to get to know us personally so that she could reflect "us" in her work.
    Our engagement pictures turned out absolutely beautiful! She was willing to meet us anywhere for these and really connected with us at that time. Throughout our planning she stayed in contact with us, was always very quick to respond to any questions we had, and she made sure that we were all on the same page for the day of the wedding.
    On our wedding day Caitlin and her second shooter Kate, were both so personal and caring, while being hard at work! They split things up so they could make the most of their time and were always keeping us on top of our timing-we never had to worry about anything. Their efforts to get to know our family and friends were outstanding and another way that really helped the day run smoother.
    The sneak peek pictures we have gotten back are so gorgeous! There were so many shots taken that we did not even realize they had gotten-perfect moments of us all throughout the entire day. I cannot even imagine all of the rest of the great moments they captured! These pictures will always be a perfect way for us to relive our wedding day and we are so thankful that we choose Hazelton Photography to be our photographer. Hopefully we can work with them again in the future for other big events in our lives!
    Thank you SO much!
    Ashley and Adam Sypniewski

Sent on 10/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/29/2014

Caitlin and Missy photographed our wedding on August 29, 2014 at Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL. From the start working with Hazelton Photography was so easy. Caitlin and Missy did a wonderful job of mixing candid and traditional "posed" wedding moments to really capture the essence of the day. My husband and I are very laid back and it was nice that Caitlin kind of let us do our thing. We took most of our photos at Morton Arboretum and Caitlin made sure to get all the poses we wanted to get, and made some suggestion for some more artistic poses and locations that we hadn't thought of (those photos ended up being some of my favorites). From start to finish working with Caitlin was such a pleasure. I could not be more pleased when our wedding photos and I am so glad we chose Caitlin to capture our wedding.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Caitlin did such a great job with our engagement an wedding photos. She captured such great moments from our wedding day. She was great to work with.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Katelyn · Married on 07/06/2013

From start to finish, Caitlin was fantastic to work with! My husband and I looked at a lot of "cookie-cutter" and "big business" photographers until we got a recommendation for Caitlin. Once we met with Caitlin, we picked her right away! She was fabulous at making everything go smoothly! She had all of the timing for the day perfect and made sure to capture all of the moments! We have so many fantastic pictures to look through and are having a hard time choosing favorites! She made sure to get a variety of pictures (candid, posed, large-group) and each one is unique! We LOVE Caitlin and would recommend her to anyone! You would not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/15/2013

I am thrilled that we chose Caitlin Hazelton to be our wedding photographer! Working with her was as easy as setting up one face to face meeting and making all other arrangements via e-mails and paperwork that outlined the wedding day. She and her assistant were very friendly and flexible throughout the day. I was impressed with how they just blended into the crowd. They were efficient when it came to family photos in the church and they were creative in taking photos in the park that we chose. We also used her "faux-to booth" which was an absolute blast for our guests and wonderful value in terms of photobooth options. If you want stress-free and creative photography, definitely go with Hazelton! She is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/27/2013
  • User3512030 · 2+ years ago

We are very happy with our wedding photos!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Anna · Married on 06/07/2013

Easy to talk to and quick with responses. She is willing to hear any suggestions and is a very talented photographer. Our pictures turned out beautiful.

Sent on 09/08/2013

We were so happy with the venue of Venutis in Addison. Our photographer Hazelton photography was amazing. Even being due the next weekend with a baby Caitlin didn't miss a beat. Kio Kreations made beautiful flower arrangements. Chair Couture did an awesome job with all of the linens and Weddings by Denise made or ceremony so personal and one to be remember! What a great day! Couldn't have picked any better vendors to use. Amazing!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Our wedding was in the winter and in a beautiful, large space with many details. We were looking for a photographer who would be able to photograph in low light/night and would be able to capture the beauty of the venue (Ballroom at The School of The Art Institute) while not distorting the people. Caitlin came through! Our photos are simply stunning and many are fitting for a bridal magazine. My mother even commented that our faces and body language that were captured in the pictures were just exactly as she remembered experiencing watching us that day. We are grateful to have such special memories captured so discretely and yet perfectly. Thank you!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Brie · Married on 09/28/2012

Caitlin is the best. I have used her before, and so have all my friends and family...and we will continue to use her and her amazing team again and again for all our photography needs. Her eye and attention to detail is second to none - artful, dramatic, fun -- always beautiful. I like that I never have to worry about explaining myself twice on what I want to accomplish - she can always see the vision and make it better than you imagined. She also makes TAKING photos relaxed and enjoyable - even for the most camera shy. THANK YOU HAZELTON PHOTOGRAPHY!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Hazelton Photography's reply:

Thanks Brie! Its beautiful brides like you that make my job so easy and fun! :) <3