Hazelnut Catering Reviews

6 | Oakdale, PA

6 Reviews for Hazelnut Catering

• Christina

Christina · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceeded all of our expectations!

Not even sure where to start -- so many good things to say! Nick was SO easy to work with and made our wedding planning go SO much more smoothly than it would have if we had chosen any other caterer. Not only did he help us with planning our food, but also with so many other aspects of the day that we would have been clueless about without him. He was so flexible about giving us exactly what we wanted, and the way they prepare a separate plate for the bride and groom and serve you makes it so much less stressful and ensures that you actually get a chance to eat in the midst of saying hi to everyone! More than anything, every guest commented on how delicious the food was. This was so important to us after having been to weddings where food is mediocre or you just don't get enough to eat. Everyone went back for seconds and even thirds. Would choose him again and again if I could, and would recommend to anyone and everyone that wants a low-stress, incredible caterer!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Kinsey Cunningham · Married on 03/23/2019

The Absolute Best!

I planned my wedding in 4 months and needed a vendor who would take little direction and do most of the heavy lifting for me. Nick and his team at Hazelnut Catering far surpassed my expectations. Most importantly, the food is out of this world fantastic. I had so many guests tell me how much they enjoyed the appetizers and dinner. Nick suggested a menu, I tasted the food, and the rest was history. It really was that easy. His staff was professional, prompt, and just made everything happen. Nick really provides a personal experience and made this the easiest part of my wedding planning process. If you are getting married at the Pittsburgh Botanic Gardens, I highly recommend reaching out to Hazelnut Catering!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Leah · Married on 05/06/2017

Hazelnut Catering catered our May wedding and Nick was amazing! No contract required but Nick will follow through and deliver! He was incredibly responsive with any questions and details during the planning process. His food at the wedding was delicious and our guests loved everything. We loved everything! They set aside a generous plate for us of the apps and entrees. His team of servers and bartender were very professional and fun! They came up to us discretly throughout to ensure everything was timed as preferred and were incredibly friendly. Nick is also so personable and accomodating. One of the major highlights of our wedding was the food. We absolutely loved the catering and experience!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Nick, the owner, is great to work with. He is super flexible and easygoing. It seemed strange that he did not require us to sign any contract, but he came through with everything he promised and more. The food at our wedding reception was amazing. Out of all details that went into planning our wedding, we got the most compliments on the food from guests. Our shuttle bus coming from the hotel to the reception was over an hour late, and Nick quickly checked in with us and came up with a new schedule. He and his staff adjusted timing for dinner etc., and everything continued to run smoothly thanks to his help.

Sent on 05/21/2016
  • Maia

Maia · Married on 04/13/2019

Delicious, fresh food and friendly service

We are really glad we went with Hazelnut Catering for our April 2019 wedding. Nick and his team were all super friendly and delightful to work with. The food was super fresh, healthy, and delicious, and served right on schedule. Nick was great at walking us through different options while also staying flexible with a few specific requests we had. For the quality of the food and ease of service, I felt Hazelnut offered good value. Nick is very busy and occasionally would take a little bit to get back to me, but overall communication and professionalism was great.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Janelle · Married on 08/26/2017

Hazelnut was recommended to us by our venue, the Botanic Gardens--we weren't super familiar with caterers in the area, so we needed some direction. I'm so glad they sent us to Nick! He was really nice, easy to work with, and he has super sweet dogs. He could be a little slow to reach by e-mail, but he always get back to us quickly if we texted or called. His cost is super reasonable, especially for the quality, and his menu is a bit different from traditional wedding fare in the area, which was exactly what we wanted and our guests loved it. Of all the compliments we received, the food was high on the list of things we heard about the most. His bartenders were fantastic, as well, and seemed to have a great time dancing behind the bar. Plus they made me some great drinks and kept them coming! I'm so glad we chose Nick and Hazelnut catering.

Sent on 09/08/2018