Harn Homestead Museum Reviews

1 User photo

• Dennis and Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely Beautiful

This venue was absolutely marvelous!! Being a history buff, I was already sold by the fact it a museum of the pioneer days of Oklahoma. That being said, I didn't even have to have a lot of decorations to make this venue beautiful. Everything turned out amazing and I can't wait to see all the pictures from it!
    Katy Married on 09/09/2017
    Kasandra and her staff at the Harn Homestead were absolutely wonderful to work with! They made the planning process so much easier. Our day was perfect!
    Jen Married on 09/10/2016
    If you don't mind doing cleanup yourself then this is the place for you! Most beautiful wedding venue ever and they were great to work with!
  • User3008314 2+ years ago
    They helped so much from day one and were so easy to work it!! Super affordable as well!!
    Natalie Married on 11/01/2014
    Wonderful place for a causal outdoor wedding. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our wedding was perfect!
  • User1751287 2+ years ago
    Working with the Harn Homestead for my wedding spot was the best decision for a bride-to-be like I was to make. They were easy to work with, plans were easy to get done, and I didn't have to worry about anything not being done or left out because they had it all! They had everything ready to go and was willing to work with me on ideas that I had for my special day! I'm no dive, but I really felt like they wanted it to be all about me, and I appreciated that. The wedding day, ceremony, reception, pictures, everything turned out so perfect! I definitely couldn't have done it without the amazing help at the Harn Homestead.
  • User1986805 2+ years ago
    I loved having my wedding here! Beautiful place that met all of our needs!
  • User1868161 2+ years ago
    Harn Homestead is a great venue if you are looking for a southern, rustic themed wedding. They have their own parking lot, good location, both men and women's restrooms, a gazebo, a small farm house, and of course barns. The staff is friendly and professional. I never had to ask for something twice. They provided the tables and chairs. They stayed in contact with me the periodically during the planning. The venue was clean and well groomed (grass mowed, clean bathrooms, flowers). The price fit well for our low budget. There was an employee there with a golf cart to drive older or disabled guests to ceremony. Some things that weren't awesome: no open flames so that meant no candles, no exit with sparklers, no air conditioner or fans in the event barn but both sides on the barn open so a breeze could come through, no lighting outside the event barn except by the bathroom, we got married on a Friday and couldn't start setting up until 1:00 pm because they don't close to the public until 2:00 pm, and the back road that the vendors are supposed to use is terrible. Other than that, everything else is pretty basic, licensed vendors, off the grounds by midnight, alcohol had to be put away 30 minutes before guests left, base 4 hour event time, had to have security guards, etc.
  • User2206870 2+ years ago
    This was a great place to have our wedding! We loved the ease and flexibility that the Harn allowed. We danced the night away and very much enjoyed this place.
  • User1894953 2+ years ago
    We loved this venue!! It was perfect for our small 40 person wedding. The barn made for amazing pictures and we were able to keep the wedding and reception in one place. Harn homestead was very reasonably priced for the amount of time you get. They were easy to work with as well.
    Sarah Married on 09/13/2019

Dream Barn Venue

Who knew there was a little slice of barn heaven right by the capital??? Amazing venue and staff! Kelly answered any questions I had quickly and made she we had everything we needed to have a beautiful wedding day. Great price but not much wiggle room on some standards because of the historical aspect but still very flexible if possible! Dream wedding venue for sure!!
    Jennifer Married on 04/26/2014
    The Harn Homestead is GORGEOUS for photos. It was our reception site (the ceremony was at the church) and I am glad that we went with them. It is a little pricey, but I'd rather give my money to a historical site than a ballroom :) Responsiveness wasn't quite as quick as I would've liked, but I did get all my questions asked in a timely manner. My only real complaint would be the way things went down at the end of the reception. We felt like we were being rushed out by some not-very-friendly employees. But other than that, it was great! I would still recommend it for a rustic wedding.

Harn Homestead Museum's reply:

As the Director of this historical site, thank you for choosing us as your venue. You probably didn't notice the ongoing repairs to two of the porches on the property, but wedding revenue as well as our daily tours and field trips are what makes that possible.
    I apologize that you felt rushed at the end. One of the promises we made to the neighborhood association when we notified them that we would be using the barn and grounds as a rental venue was that we would always have the property cleared by midnight. And our neighbors are very consistent with monitoring the grounds and making sure we are living up
    to our end of that agreement. So, event staff always feels a bit pressured to make sure that we don't give our neighbors any grounds for complaint whether that be phone calls to the office from them on Monday or from local law enforcement. I will talk to them about the manner in which they enforce our policies, but the midnight deadline is one with which the museum has been given very little leeway by those who live closest to us. I'm glad your event went well and you consider us money well-spent. Thank you!
  • User1110550 2+ years ago
    Very good venue, but the coordinator is a little hard to get ahold of.
    Joanie Married on 07/27/2018
    Let me start by saying that in the end, my daughter’s wedding was absolutely beautiful! And though Harn Homestead provided the background, that’s pretty much it. The staff is merely a presence and they will stand and watch, while you work. Yes, the Harn Homestead is the most “affordable” of the wedding barns but given how little they provide, it’s not really any more affordable than other wedding barns that provide more and give assistance. I would also suggest having your wedding on a Saturday. My daughter was set on a Friday wedding and since there was a field trip that morning, we could not set up until 1:00. Keep in mind for a 7:00 wedding you will probably start pictures at 3:30 so that’s 2 1/2 hours to set up. Thanks to our fabulous “I Do” crew, set up was accomplished in time. Don’t arrive early though. Our crew arrived 15 minutes early and the Harn staff greeted them with rudeness and irritation. All our team was asking was for the back gate to be opened so they could meet behind the barn to make a plan. Our crew also had to do property work: nail loose planks on the dance floor (which we had requested be repaired months before), sweep the barn, take out wasp nests around the Harn House, clean all the provided tables and chairs (cause they were filthy) and “clean” the Harn house. Speaking of the Harn House, this is where the so-called bridal suite is. It is so small and dirty, there’s hardly room for the bride and her dress, much less the bridesmaids. Plus the air conditioning was inadequate and despite our best attempts to kill all the wasps, they still managed to get in the bridal suite. I should also mention that half of the barn had no power-no lights, no fans. There were also no lights behind the barn for the post sunset tear down and the loading pad had a huge drop off causing cars and trucks to bottom out.

Harn Homestead Museum's reply:

As no one in this party has reached out to the staff to express their disappointment or ask for any kind of accommodation in the three weeks since the wedding, we are stunned and saddened to hear that we fell so short of their expectations. We are relieved to hear that the wedding was lovely and wish Mrs. Pullen's daughter good luck on her marriage. As a reminder, the Harn Homestead Museum is not 'in the wedding business' per Mrs. Pullen's expectations. Because we have a staff of 3, we are very transparent about the self-service nature of our venue rental during our tours and in our contract that specifies use of the tables, chairs, barn, gazebo, and grounds only. The one staff member who stays for an after-hours or weekend rental is there specifically to provide access to that area, ensure that security monitors the areas of the property not normally open to the public (in particular, that back gate), and to respond to any emergencies on the property. That is the extent of their duties per the rental contract for any event on the property, but I am relieved to hear that the staff person that night, who was also 8 months pregnant, did not do any heavy lifting. Nonetheless, it breaks our hearts to hear that any wedding party would be disappointed in their venue and for that we sincerely apologize.