Harbour View Reviews

Harbour View 5
  • Brooke

Brooke Logan · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Booking with Harbour View

When we walked in we felt at home! This was like no other experience we had ever had!

Harbour View 6
    Harbour View 7
    Harbour View 8
    Harbour View 9
    Harbour View 10
    Sent on 01/19/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Brooke, Welcome to the Harbour View Family! We can't wait to celebrate you and Michael! :) We are excited for you to become an official Harbour View couple in 2020 and are excited to hear all about your wedding day details and plans!
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/10/2019

Highly recommended

I just had my wedding 10/10/19 and Andrea was our coordinator! We had a 2 year engagement and we got to really know Andrea over that time and feel comfortable with her! When we had minor hiccups Andrea was there to remind me everything was fine! You could tell she was so ecstatic to be part of our day! She was so impressive and really did want us to be as stress free as possible! Our guests wanted to give her a huge shout out as well!! She made our wedding day such a dream!!! We still can’t believe all of her love and support for us! By the end of the night my husband called her “Auntie Andrea” so that should tell you how great she was!! Harbour View was such a dream and our guests loved it so much! I have zero regrets about anything at Harbour View it was flawless!!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Aww, Katherine, it was such a joy getting to know you and James and being a part of your big day! I loved every single moment spent with you both. You are so down-to-earth, kind, and warm, and I love that you always put your relationship first, making sure you set aside time for each other throughout the process. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and I feel honored to have been a part of it! Ya'll better keep in touch with your Auntie Drea! ;)

Brittany Hudson · Married on 09/28/2019

The Best Venue

This venue went above and beyond for my wedding! They were super responsive and as soon as I met Katelyn, I knew I wanted her as my go to planner at Harbour View. Her and all the other ladies are a life saver from random questions to ideas they provided.

One thing I loved about this venue is that it comes with sooo much including decor and people to set up some decor. I loved that they were meticulous like I am and combed over all details at my final meeting. I also loved that they worked well with my wedding planner. It was like my planner had an extended team. This venue is sooo open and allows you to bring in your own liquor which saved me thousands of dollars.

The venue is beautiful and close to the water so that goes without saying. The only downside is when its hot in the warmer months, the Veranda get pretty hot and I got married 9/28/19. But they had the air pumping in the ballroom upstairs. Also, the bride and groom rooms to get ready are pretty warm even though they have fans so we brought our own.

My favorite memory is my now husband and I receiving stiff drinks to help us calm down from all the craziness of just getting married and getting ready for the turn up at the reception.

Harbour View took good care of me and I have so many great memories there. Thank you!

Harbour View 11
    Harbour View 12
    Sent on 11/20/2019

Hillary · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect day!

I can't say enough good things about the staff at Harbour View! They were so helpful throughout our wedding planning process and really took care of everything behind the scenes on the big day. I didn't have to worry about a thing! They were super responsive and took the time to answer all of our questions along the way. I highly recommend Lisa and her team to anyone planning a wedding in the DC area.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Thank you Hillary! We so enjoyed working with you and Kyle. Everything you chose was perfect- from your colors to your centerpieces to your menu. Your families were awesome, your wedding party was so nice, it was such a pleasure having you all here to celebrate with us! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
  • Morgan

Morgan Silvers · Married on 09/06/2019

Excellent venue and coordinators, would recommend to anyone!

Harbour View is a beautiful location, and the staff there were SO helpful to us! They take on the duties of a day-of-coordinator, and so much more. Our POC was very responsive to my questions all along the way, helped me brainstorm any issues, and are incredibly friendly. They really went above and beyond - for example, our HV coordinator ran our rehearsal, did 99% of the work of bustling my dress, and independently found ways to use our ceremony flowers to bump up the decor in the reception area. They were truly spectacular and amazing to work with, I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Suseela · Married on 08/18/2019

A memorable wedding

Friendly staff to work with. Very flexible in terms of solving problems with other parties involve. For example we had issues with the decoration one week before the wedding date. But, harbor view coordinated the meeting and found a solution. Because of their commitment and flexibility we had a very successful and memorable event.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2019

Best venue all over

I fell in love with this venue and Lisa from our first appointment. I did visit and meet with other venues but the communication just wasn’t there. The venues and location just did not even compare. Amanda was super quick about responding to all my questions. Lisa is super bubbly and made me feel like more then just a customer. On the day of the wedding everything went according to plan and I felt at ease which is typically hard for me! I couldn’t thank them enough for the entire experience they made it super easy for me to plan our wedding in 4 months!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We just loved helping you with your beautiful wedding! Your colors, your dress, your food selections- everything was perfect! Wishing you and Vincent a lifetime of happiness and joy!
  • Deena

Deena Ware · Married on 07/28/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

I fell in love with Harbour View the first time I visited which was three years before I set a wedding date! This venue is a "hidden gem" and the staff is remarkable! I just got married last month and my wedding day was PERFECT! Katelyn and the HV family did an awesome job and she was absolutely amazing from the beginning of our plans to the very end. I am so glad we chose them and I highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for an awesome, professional and organized staff as well as a BEAUTIFUL venue with an option to have an outdoors (but covered) ceremony with a huge, beautiful ballroom. I miss them already! Thanks Katelyn and HV Family!
    ~ Decorso & Deena Ware~

Sent on 08/15/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Deena and Decorso, I am SO happy that you enjoyed your wedding day as much as we did! I am honored that I was able to work with you both from start to finish. Everything was absolutely beautiful. I have to give a shout out to YOU who did such a great job putting everything together to execute your vision which made the entire day run flawlessly! Your Harbour View family misses you as well, so stop in to see us whenever you are in the area! (And we mean it :) )

Kemi · Married on 07/26/2019

The Best Decision

I do not even know where to begin other than. Number one. This is the best wedding venue in the DMV. Yes it's far but it's more than worth it. It's beautiful, on the water, and the team is fantastic. Most venues do not assist with any type of coordination or planning but Katelyn and the harbour view team was fantastic and thorough. They made sure that every T was crossed and every I was dotted. I can't explain how thankful I am we decided to go with Harbour View and how lucky I am to have had Katelyn as my day of coordinator. Simply put she is an ANGEL. My wedding was absolutely perfect and it was all thanks to the Harbour View team.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Kemi and Qadir, your wedding was ABSOLUTELY stunning! I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it! Everything was so different and you two were so sweet and easy going through the entire process!! I LOVED your circle ceremony arch and the unique way that you incorporated marvel characters in the reception decor. I cannot wait to see all of your photos, they are going to be jaw-dropping! :) Please keep in touch, and bring in that cute little pup we see on Instagram in so we can love on him! (Great job Qadir!!!)

Marissa · Married on 06/22/2019

These ladies are amazing!!

My experience with harbour view was beyond amazing! I had the opportunity to work with Holly and Kaitlyn through a majority of our wedding though anyone you encounter will be more than helpful. Our wedding day without a hitch and the venue itself is beautiful! My guests still rave about the beautiful balcony and views. Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Marissa and Conner! You guys are the picture perfect couple, literally! Thank you so much for the review, it means so much to us! We can't get enough of the wedding photos that we have seen on your photographers wedding blog. Can't wait to see the full roll, I know we are going to be IN LOVE! Congratulations you two, stay in touch!!
  • Robert

Robert Chapell · Married on 06/02/2019

We couldn't have asked for more from a Wedding Venue!

We had the most amazing wedding at Harbour View! The venue was perfect and the staff was absolutely the best! From day one we felt like we were a priority for them. They were with us every step of the way. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, their assistance was extremely helpful in ensuring we covered all the bases and we had the perfect wedding! Planning meetings, coordinating the event, and day event planning were all taken care of by the venue. We didn't have to worry about anything. They really took care of us and made our wedding day both enjoyable AND stress free.
    The venue is beautiful and flows well. It is on the water by the docks. The breezeway where we had the ceremony provides shelter from the weather (it actually rained on our wedding day, but it didn't affect the wedding ceremony at all). After the ceremony the guests went upstairs for cocktail hour. After that they simply opened the doors to the ball room where we had a beautiful wedding reception!
    We compared costs with other venues in the DC metro area and found Harbour View to be more than competitive; especially since they provide "day of" event planning. We couldn't be happier with the way things turned out! They are truly top notch! We highly recommend checking them out if you are looking for a great venue!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Thank you Robert! Your wedding was so beautiful and elegant, and everyone really had fun! You and Christina were an absolute joy to work with, and we thank you both for celebrating here with us, and joining the Harbour View family!

Anil Bhatnagar · Married on 06/01/2019

Incredible venue with truly outstanding staff

We selected Harbour View as the venue for our son's reception after looking at several other places. And we could not have made a better decision. This place is amazing in every way. Beautiful location on the Occoquan river with a very pretty backdrop of boats and bridges. Both ballrooms are huge and nicely decorated, and The Sewell's Point Ballroom has a large dance floor. Being able to step out on the balconies from anywhere and being closer to the water is a bonus on a good weather day. And the staff - every one of them - are responsive, courteous, professional and a joy to work with. They go out of their way in every way to help you make your event a success, and when they ask you to leave all the stress and worrying to them, they really do mean it! Megan, and everyone else we worked with, did everything they could - and a lot more - from day one right through the day of our event. Every detail was planned and executed to perfection. Harbour View also gives you a ton of flexibility, from choice of caterers to being able to provide your own drinks, and they work with C&G Event Rentals & Service who also do a great job and make everything seamless. This venue, and its staff, does truly exceed your expectations.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 06/01/2019

Best. Experience. Ever.

If I had to do it all again, I would choose Harbour View EACH AND EVERY TIME. I have never met a group on my life that has been so professional, so welcoming, and so amazing in my whole entire life. Our wedding went off without a hitch because of the wonderful staff at Harbour View. Amanda and T were our day of coordinators and they rocked it! T never left my side and made sure that everything I needed was provided. She was literally my best friend of the day. From providing makeup touchups to making sure we stayed on schedule. She was my voice and my rock and I thank God for her. Amanda, took control and made sure that our whole event was flawless. If I had to describe her in one word it would be extraordinary. These ladies are so good at what they do. Not to mention that they are an all female run business so...GIRL POWER!!!! I felt so at ease on our big day and it's because of the exemplary service that Harbour View provided. The venue is gorgeous and they can customize it to look exactly the way you want it. Once you're in, you're family and it feels just like home. Hire these ladies. You will not be disappointed!

Harbour View 13
    Sent on 11/18/2019

Geraldine Lim · Married on 05/27/2019

Wonderful, friendly, and extremely professional team!

Since day 1 of my hectic wedding planning, Harbour View was there for me every step of the way. They made sure that everything was perfect for my special day, and some girls (especially Andrea) went to the moon and beyond to make sure that I got the magical wedding that I dreamed of! The scenery is beautiful and I love that it is a women owned business. These ladies really know how to team up and take care of you. I highly recommend them to everyone who has an upcoming wedding! Thank you again ladies for all of your hard work!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • LeeAnn

LeeAnn · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

The venue caught our eye and the staff caught our hearts!! The venue was beautiful and impeccably clean, everything was decorated just as we discussed. The staff absolutely sealed the deal from start to finish. They were most helpful at every single step, handled all the details so i didnt need to and every single person had a smile on their faces every time we saw them. I recommend this venue hands down, top notch operation!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

An Unforgettable Experience!!

Jon and I are so incredibly THANKFUL for the team at Harbour View! We want to give out a HUGE shoutout to Katelyn and her team for making sure that our day went as smoothly as possible! Her positive attitude and professionalism went above and beyond. From handling some transportation issues and running a rehearsal with a blaring boat horn to fixing a complicated bustle, Katelyn could handle it ALL! At the end of it all, the Harbour View staff even gifted us with a personalized paddle to display in our house! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and provides fantastic photo opportunities along the Occoquan River. We were so happy with every aspect of our wedding: we honestly couldn't have done it anywhere else. Thanks HV team!

Harbour View 14
    Sent on 05/27/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Laura and Jon, THANK YOU BOTH so much for your review. We are so grateful to have been able to host your wedding day celebration here at Harbour View. We absolutely loved how you two incorporated the drift wood from your parents home into your centerpieces, and the shutters as well to hang photo's of you both from college years to now. All of the little unique touches meant so much and we could really tell the effort that was placed into each detail. You two, your families were so. much. fun. to work with! Congratulations and we wish you many years of happiness and love! Keep in touch!
  • Angella

Angella Martin · Married on 05/10/2019

Location Perfection!

Katelyn, where do we begin?? Thank you! We have had a moment to reflect on our amazing day at Harbour View and it leaves us with nothing but smiles and happiness. Thank you for your personal touch. Thank you for your genuine attention to our needs, our concerns, my anxiety! Thank you for making our reception all that we dreamed it would be. As we look back, there were things we wished we did not forget to do amidst all the activity, like share while there just how much we appreciated all you and the Harbour View ladies did to make the day beautiful! Though my mother could not be there with us, she certainly was in spirit and was truly happy for us that our day was nothing less than perfection. For all who read this, if you're looking for not just a beautiful place on the water, off the beat and path, but beautiful people who want to do all they can to turn your dream into reality, come to Harbour View! You will absolutely love it! Thank you Harbour View!! A&D Osorio

Sent on 10/22/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Angella and Dennis, I am so honored that I had the pleasure of working with you two from start to finish!
  • Heather

Heather (Langham) Fernandez · Married on 05/04/2019

The most amazing wedding ever!!!

The staff is beyond amazing! They did everything to make sure my big day went by smoothly! The staff is sweet organized and professional!!! I smiled the whole time and 10/10 would recommend this venue to everyone!!!!

Harbour View 15
    Harbour View 27
    Harbour View 28
    Sent on 06/07/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Heather and Will, thank you so much for your kind words and photos! We loved getting to know you throughout the wedding planning process and are so happy you chose us for your special day. We loved the pops of turquoise and coral such a fun color combination to go with such a fun couple! Keep in touch!

Alishir Alim · Married on 04/28/2019

Organized, Professional, Caring and Flexible

My wide and I recently hosted our wedding reception at Harbour View in April. We were suppose to have wedding in August, but due to family emergencies, the date had to be moved forward. Harbour View staff did an exceptional job in understanding our difficult circumstances and were very flexible with their schedules. In such a short notice, Harbour View staff (Rachel) did an amazing job making sure our special day when smoothly and accordingly as planned. This event space/company is extremely well managed and most importantly organized. They will go above and beyond to make sure all of your vendors are on the same page with the event staff and the wedding party. Our wedding reception was extremely memorable and we are so glad that we choose Harbour View for our once in a life time moment !!!

Harbour View 29
    Sent on 06/28/2019

Charlotte · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful!

They were absolutely wonderful. They were so professional, friendly, and did such an excellent job! The wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2018

In love with Harbour View

BEST PLACE EVER! Not only was the view amazing, the staff were absolutely incredible. I don’t know what i would’ve done without their help and care. Definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Sharon · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing place to get married

Katelyn and the rest of the team was so awesome through the whole process of our wedding day. She did everything I wanted and more. Answered every question I had in my mind and answered right away. All the girls were also so friendly and kind. And smiles on their faces.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Harbour View's reply:

Hi Sharon! Thank you so much for your kind review, it means a lot to us! :) We enjoyed working with you and Ryan throughout your wedding planning process. We loved all of your creative "spooky" decor that you came up with to fit your wedding theme. Everything turned out beautiful and we are so happy you chose Harbour View for your special day! Congratulations again!

Katy Burke · Married on 10/13/2018

Harbour View makes wedding planning easy!

Our experience with Harbour View was fantastic from Day 1 through the close of our wedding reception. Rachael was so organized and helpful with our planning and also coordinated everything with the rest of the HV team and all of our vendors. The venue was beautiful and we didn’t have to add much to make the decor perfect for our occasion. They took care of setting up everything just as we had envisioned and we didn’t have to worry about any of those details the day of the event. We just showed up and enjoyed! All of our guests commented perfect this place was- easy with the ceremony and reception at the same location, beautiful overlooking the water, and just the right balance of classy, formal, and relaxed. We would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding or any other event! Thanks to Rachael and all at Harbour View!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Winter Wedding

The staff at Harbour View are amazing. Katelyn helped us with so much. When I dropped my stuff off the day before for them to set up, I told her basically what I wanted and she did the rest. I just said “make it look pretty” and she did! I’d recommend Harbour View to anyone looking for a venue. They made the day way less stressful than it could have been.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Emily and Jackson, thank you so much for your review! It really means a lot. We absolutely LOVED your wedding day photos and can't wait to showcase them. Your vision was beautiful, so it made it super easy to bring it to life! Thank you both for being such an awesome couple! :) Keep in touch!!

Steph R. · Married on 10/12/2018

Harbour View was the perfect choice for our wedding!

We are so lucky we found Harbour View. The venue layout was perfect for our unique needs, but the staff are what really made our process and day incredible.
    My husband and I had a multicultural wedding with two ceremonies in the same day. The space at HV allowed us to have one ceremony in the morning on the second floor, move into lunch, then a second ceremony in the evening on the first floor, followed by cocktail hour and reception, all without having to re-use the same space back-to-back. Also, the view of the marina is beautiful, especially in a lovely autumn sunset! There's plenty of parking and space to accommodate our guest count of over 140. Our bride and groom suites were comfortable and spacious enough to suit our needs.
    Now, onto the amazing staff. Katelyn was our coordinator and worked with us through every step of the process, from signing to overseeing the entire day of. This was really important to us given the complexity of the day. Katelyn, Rachel (who handled the second half of our day), and all the ladies at HV were so patient and helpful with our many questions and emails throughout the process to make sure our vision was realized. Katelyn and Rachel really made us feel like they were personally invested, and they did so much WORK on our day, including setting up a mandap with their own hands the night before and morning of! They had great ideas and helped us understand what to expect and how best to plan out the day. We were so grateful for the chance to drop off supplies early to minimize the amount of rushing on the morning of to get everything ready, and everything ended up going very smoothly. The decorations the HV staff set up were beautiful, and they had great recommendations for other vendors.
    When we booked HV, we had read that the coordinators are great at making your day easy and stress-free, and that's exactly what we got. As a couple who planned their entire wedding on their own, with minimal experience, the staff at HV were invaluable for organizing and coordinating a whole-day event with two ceremonies, two meals, a cocktail hour, and reception. Their help took so much pressure off my husband and I as well as our families! Everyone enjoyed the day and loved the venue. In the end, we got a great value in both price and above-and-beyond service. Thank you HV for helping to make our day so magical!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Harbour View's reply:

Stephanie & Aschvin, Where do we begin? You two were absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. We truly appreciate all the thoughtful and caring words you have expressed here. This really means the world to us! We were so happy to be able to bring both of your special visions to life with both multicultural events. You trusting us to ensure that we would take care of all the details for each of the events that took place that day and also the week of in preparation, allowed us to take care of you, so you could relax and enjoy YOUR day! The decoration elements and color schemes for both the daytime ceremony and luncheon and evening ceremony and dinner reception were so creative and colorful and we were so happy to be a helping hand in having it all come together! Thank you for sharing your special day with us, your Harbour View Family!