27 Reviews for Harbour Club

Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
25 Harbour Club Reviews

We could not be happier that we picked the Harbour Club for our wedding in Charleston. After an exhaustive search of many venues in and around Charleston that just were not the right fit, I met with Shannon at the Harbour Club and fell in love. I was blown away by the value their venue offers for the location, food and services that they provide. Our guests showered us with compliments about the venue and the quality of the food. We used the roof for our cocktail hour, and the room on the second floor for our meal and dancing. This is a smaller venue, we ended up with around 65 guests, and likely could have had one or two more tables, but I think more would have required an additional room for dancing. Shannon was excellent to work with from beginning to end, very responsive and helpful with changes to menus and set-up. They also offered a very generous tasting, which was very helpful in narrowing down our menu options, and the food was even better the day of our wedding than at the tasting. All of their servers, bartenders and event staff are highly professional, efficient and friendly. Thank you for making our wedding such a special day.

One note- they changed the chairs in the ballroom between when we booked the venue and our wedding, the new chairs are very conference center-esque and not really the right feel for a wedding, this was a disappointment. We ended up renting chiavari chairs, which looked lovely, but were an unexpected expense in the final months of planning. i wished they'd picked chairs that were a better fit for the room and building.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Our daughter held her wedding here in May 2017 and we could not have been more pleased! It was a destination wedding, which added to the stress of planning, but Shannon could not have been more helpful. The wedding had to be reseceduled due to Hurricane Matthew, and Shannon managed to get the wedding rescheduled with the perfect date. All of the vendors Shannon recommended were excellent, and they coordinated extremely well with the Harbour Club staff to make the event perfect! The rooftop wedding was exceptionally beautiful and made for an outstanding dance floor. The location is also as good as it gets in Charleston, being conveniently located to the most scenic vistas in the city which made it very convenient for photos. The food was very good and every guest complimented the chef! At the end of the evening it was difficult to say good night, and we will cherish the memory forever!

Profile Picture Helen, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

OMG! Truly the best day EVER! Shannon Hutchins made everything so easy for us. She always answered my (many) emails quickly! We had the Rehearsal dinner, the Ceremony, and the Reception at the Harbour Club and I highly recommend using this venue for your wedding. I am still getting complements from our guests about what a beautiful wedding it was, and how good the food was!

Profile Picture candy, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our reception here September 17, 2016 following our ceremony at Summerall Chapel and it was just a dream! Shannon, the event coordinator, was the most incredibly helpful and responsive person I worked with through the process. I planned our wedding myself and she responded to every silly question I had within hours and was always kind, accommodating and creative. She helped work with our budget to give us our dream day! She was even moving huge tables around herself the morning of the wedding AND helped us out when we ran into an issue with our transportation vendor. She is INCREDIBLE!

The service at the Harbour Club was impeccable. Wait staff was super helpful and friendly. Bartenders were great. Food was AMAZING and far surpassed the "wedding food" I've had previously. They constantly asked if we needed anything and even packed us up food to take back to our room after the reception. You can't beat the beautiful terrace for cocktail hour and the perfect spot near the pier and pineapple fountain for pictures. They recently redecorated their ballroom with new grey paint and chairs so it can mesh with any wedding color palette.

If you're debating or on the fence about this venue...Book it. You won't regret it. The perfect setting and service for your special day!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just about one year ago, I was having the most difficult time finding a classy, elegant, and not too pricey wedding venue for 50 guests, and luckily, I found the Harbour Club! Shannon, the events coordinator, was a dream to work with- from the delicious tasting to the day of- I would not have put our reception in anyone else's hands. We held our cocktail hour on their romantic 3rd floor rooftop terrace and our dinner and dancing in the Chairman's grill room, and everything was honestly perfect. The food was SO so delicious- we chose fun street taco & asian stations followed by a "marble slab" style ice cream bar, and was complimented perfectly with the signature cocktails they put together for us. The look and location of the Harbour Club could not be more Charleston, and the service is top-notch! I know many other venues up-charge and arm and a leg for every little thing, but Shannon & The Harbour Club team were simply happy to help with things such as room set up & design and laying out all of the little details for us. If you're a Charleston bride looking for a venue where you won't have to worry about a thing (including paying an arm and a leg) contact the Harbour Club! I would not hesitate to recommend them, as piece of mind, delicious food for guests to remember, and a perfect location are utterly priceless for your big day!

Profile Picture Anastasia, 7/23/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The event planner Shannon is an amazing person to work with. She nailed out all the small kinks we had. On top of her above and beyond work the staff were over the top friendly, and the food was so very delicious. We had a perfect terrace wedding at the Harbour Club, and with the best location for perfect photographs.

Profile Picture Kayla, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Harbour Club, and it was wonderful! The venue for our wedding day was booked the day/evening before, so the Harbour Club even let us have our wedding rehearsal there before the dinner! Everyone gathered and ate on their rooftop, and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was great, the service was great, and everyone had a wonderful time!

Profile Picture Julianne, 4/22/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Shannon offered an open house/staged wedding event to showcase vendors and a simple wedding setup. It was helpful to see that and to speak with everyone in a relaxed environment.

Profile Picture User6575146, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a more private, lovely setting for the wedding reception. The staff paid attention to all the details and were at our right arm all evening to ensure every request was promptly handled.

Shannon was absolutely wonderful! She was always quick to get back to us with answers to our questions and she arranged everything we asked for right down to the smallest detail.

And, did we mention the food? Excellent as always.

Profile Picture Kaye, 6/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my son and daughter in laws Welcome Party at the Harbour Club and it was great. The location is perfect, the food was extraordinary and the staff was wonderful. They made the whole experience easy.

Profile Picture User3562045, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Food & service were beyond excellent. Chef prepared everything to our liking and even came out to greet us. Guests complemented the raw bar, prime rib and whole roasted sucking pig. Staff were extremely attentive, often checking on us and our guests. We initially had issues with the Private Events Director (no longer with the Club) but the new director, Nina did a good job getting us where we needed to be. Beautiful rooftop (where we had ceremony & cocktail hour) with views of the historic city.

Profile Picture Karen, 2/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Wheelchair Access

Great reception venue in Charleston

Profile Picture Donna, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We love this venue! They have the best customer service. Shannon, James, & Ronald along with the rest of the team are great to work with!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Shannon and her team made our reception so easy! Communication was easy and organized, and Shannon always came through with answers. They were accommodating for a menu that was primarily gluten-free for guests with allergies. Having the kitchen in house makes dealing with one less vendor on the day of a great value. We utilized the full space from the first floor banquet room with charming bricks and sky lights, to the second floor that is built for easy buffet and bar access, all the way to the rooftop for fresh air and casual seating. My only regret is not bringing the music up to the rooftop as I was afraid of rain and being residential the potential for early end of the night. The team was so responsive and very complimenting of our celebration. My mother ate up all of the compliments received from the Harbour Club staff for our joyous celebration. Thank you Shannon and team for providing me with a stress-free reception as I was able to enjoy the evening with all my family and friends. I can't wait for y'all to get a few furniture updates such as chairs, but so thankful that I was able to save without rentals. Overall the Harbour Club provides an all around great package for events!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

I know every bride says this, but we had the most beautiful wedding! We had our ceremony on the rooftop terrace, then the guests had cocktails following. A seated dinner was in the ballroom; our dinner choices were the Southern Pecan Chicken, Filet Mignon, and Pan Seared Grouper. The guests only had great things to say about dinner, some even said it was "the best wedding food" they had ever had. Dancing and dessert were back out on the rooftop terrace, which was absolutely amazing!! My only complaint was that it was difficult for me to get a response from Shannon at times. There were times that I had to ask my wedding planners to get in touch with her. Everything else in our wedding was everything we had ever dreamed!

Profile Picture Aimee, 5/25/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were great to work with. Shannon is a real pro. My only negative comment about the club room we used was that the dining table chairs looked pretty worn out. The stain on the wooden arm rests has worn off and this was present on every chair in the room. Other than that, the room was very cozy for our crowd of 60+, and gave off great vibes.Every employee that worked our event was a joy to be around. The wait staff was superb. They have great people working for them.

Profile Picture Steven, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Harbour Club ended up being a great venue for us. We used the chairmans grill on the first floor for our appetizers and dinner. Then we moved upstairs to the terrace for dessert and dancing. The only complaint we had was that it was hard for us to meet the food and beverage minimum but that was mainly because our guest count was drastically below our expectations.

Our food tasting was wonderful. For the wedding my husband decided to order the pork and he was very disappointed. He said the pork was dry. I ordered the chicken and thought it was wonderful. The night of our wedding there was another event so perhaps they too ordered the pork and the kitchen couldn't make such a large quantity of one dish at the same time (just speculation).

Profile Picture Laura, 9/27/08, 6 Reviews
4.7

Shannon was wonderful. She made our daughters wedding a pleasure! She took care of everything.

Profile Picture darlene, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am currently in the process of planning my wedding ceremony and reception at The Harbour Club. Shannon has been outstanding with answering my questions and offering suggestions to anything I may ask or bring up. The staff has been very inviting and some already recognize me and speak to me about my special day. I can't even imagine how special and fantastic my wedding day will be with everyone at The Harbour Club.

Profile Picture User5156251, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Although Shannon Hutchings took over for Melissa Palma after we contracted with her Shannon was very helpful and patient with me while I tried to make the rehearsal dinner elegant on a budget We had our cocktails and hors d'oeuvres outside on the Rooftop Which was decorated very nicely with sofas and chairs and cocktail tables Our bartender (Kurt I think was his name) was wonderful. He made little blue Smurf cocktails for the children and nothing that anyone asked of him was too much trouble There were plenty of hors d'oeuvres and he and his staff kept checking with me to see that I was happy. Dinner was great everyone liked it. Although I had picked an entree with a southern flair our Yankee guests seemed to like it. The staff fed the children first which was good thinking.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome venue! Food was excellent and the terrace was beautiful!

Profile Picture User4247121, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Harbour Club on 2.25. Since then we have only heard good things about the appetizers, the seated entree and the service. Kelly and Fu did an amazing job making sure that the night went off without a hitch. The rest of the staff was amazing and did everything they could to make our night unforgettable. One waitress made sure that we were well hydrated during the entire night. Another waitress boxed up a random piece of cake and followed us out so that we could have the cake at the hotel. We had the most amazing time and so did our guests. The price of the bill was a little high but it was well worth it! And they were very comparable to other vendors that we looked at.

Profile Picture Emelie, 2/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Event coordinator Christi Bick was extremely helpful and responsive. If she was annoyed with my many requests, she never once showed it. She was exactly what I needed as an out-of-town bride. She even got us a tent two days before the event when rain was forecasted. We had our cocktail reception on the rooftop and our reception in the ballroom. The rooftop was beautiful and all of our guests loved it. The ballroom is not the most aesthetically pleasing. It's curtains and carpet are worn and the chandeliers are a bit dated as well as the art on the walls, but you can dress it up with flowers and table settings. If I were to do it again - I may have used the rooftop for the entire reception since a lot of the guests wandered up there throughout the night. The food was good from what I heard - of course I had little time to eat ;) I would recommend this venue for brides who want a mix of an indoor/outdoor reception.

Profile Picture Alliston , 4/12/08, 3 Reviews
3.4

Though the event coordinator at the Harbour Club was helpful in many aspects, she was not great at communicating to us how things would work. Often we would puzzle through some part of the logistics or come up with an idea we liked, communicate it to her, and should would just tell us that's not what we were doing, she had already decided we would do it another way. Frustrating.

Also, we ended up paying for 5 people who cancelled at the last minute (totaling $250 - sit-down, 3-course dinner) yet she still sent us an invoice the week after the wedding to collect on an additional $36 in beverages they didn't anticipate serving.

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/10/09, 2 Reviews