19 Reviews for Harbor View Hotel

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text
19 Harbor View Hotel Reviews

This is not only the most gorgeous venue to have your wedding at, but the staff is also the best around! Everyone was so professional, kind, and made us feel incredibly special. I could not imagine a better place to have had our reception! The Edgartown room was perfect for an indoor/outdoor atmosphere. My guests enjoyed hanging out on the wrap around patio with the view of the lighthouse. Those who wanted to dance were able to do so inside. This is the place to be for a beautiful venue and a terrific staff!!! Thank you Harbor View for making our wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Amira was a pleasure to work with and so helpful in planning our day. We got married in December and the Harbor View (and all of Edgartown) was beautifully decorated for the holidays, an extra bonus! We loved everything about our weekend and couldn't be happier with everyone we dealt with at the hotel. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Alyson, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Makenzie and Amira and their event team are more than a pleasure to work with! Having worked several weddings with them through our event firm I've found them to be so attentive but also very discrete. They are both enjoyable and easy to work with and the communication leading up to the day sets not only us up for a successful event, but all the other vendors as well! Attention to detail and logistics are never looked over and allow each vendor to focus on their priorities making for such an enjoyable day. I'm overall so impressed by this team and I'm looking forward to the other weddings I have this season where I can continue to work with Makenzie!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We knew we wanted to get married at the HVH the first time we toured it and it lived up to our expectations! Amira and team were incredible in accommodating our numerous requests and modifications as the planning proceeded. For the week we were there everything went off without a hitch and it truly made our special day unforgettable. We are fine sharing our wedding video for those interested in getting married at the HVH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOMg86Yu30&feature=youtu.be

Profile Picture Edmund, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

The location speaks for itself. Gorgeous! We had our party in the Lighthouse Grill. The room is beautiful and the view breathtaking! The food delicious and the drinks were perfect!
The HVH team was great. Amira, the sales manager, was very attentive - better than a maid of honor :)
5 stars all the way!

Profile Picture User6492463, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Great staff and amazing to work with!

Profile Picture amanda, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are beyond happy we chose the Harbor View Hotel for our wedding & reception! The staff are professional, helpful, & more than accommodating. We have no complaints!

Profile Picture Mallory, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonderful place for a wedding and reception. My husband and I got married at the Harbor View this past September. We had our wedding in the gazebo, our cocktail hour on the porch and our reception in the Edgartown room. Amira was our wedding coordinator and did a fabulous job coordinating our vendors and helping plan our big event. Our evening went off perfectly. A few nice things about the Harbor View that we noticed is that they do not try to up sell you on extras that you don't need. They also don't have any hidden fees, everything that we saw on the estimate was what we paid. Another nice feature of this hotel is that they include the wedding coordinator as the day of coordinator. Working with the Harbor View made wedding planning very easy and enjoyable.

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Harbor View Hotel was a dream to work with. Their wedding coordinator, Amira Tranchell, was professional, paid great attention to detail, was always positive despite the inevitable stress leading up to the big day, and made the day run seamlessly without even knowing she was around! This venue is top notch. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding. Our family and friends still talk about how perfect it was. Everyone at the hotel was so accommodating and my coordinator, Amira, was the best. She was extremely responsive, helpful with planning, and making sure everything was perfect from months before to the day of (and even helping put in my veil)! The food was amazing and they catered to my gluten free needs due to celiac disease. You can't beat the location and stunning views. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a truely stress-free and beautiful wedding.

Profile Picture Rebekah, 6/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Can't say enough good things about the Harbor View. The coordinator was an absolute dream come true, very organized and pro-active. Throughout the planninng process she anticipated my needs and made everything very, very easy and decreased my stress level as much as possible. She really went above-and-beyond to make things perfect. The hotel itself is in a great location, right over the Edgartown Harbor, and the rooms are beautiful. The food served at the reception was terriffic (guests chose between salmon, filet mignon and a vegetable risotto) and many guests told us afterward that they felt like they were at a restaurant because their servers were so attentive to their needs. Not something I'm used to experiencing at a wedding, but I'm not surprised. We had a larger wedding than can fit inside the hotel's largest ballroom, so we had our cocktail hour in that ballroom, then moved to a tent on the lawn for a seated dinner, then back in to the ballroom for dancing, with another ballroom across the hall set up as a lounge with the coffee and cake. It could have been a logistical nightmare, but the efficient staff made it work. I was also impressed with how will they adapated to the last minute changes we threw at them the week of the wedding. I know it's a big hotel with a lot of events - even other events that weekend - but I consistently felt like their top priority.

Profile Picture User2457536, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The HarborView Hotel and Resort was absolutely perfect! The food was delicious, they were flexible with cost, menu, room design and the staff really helped us pull the entire day together. I would recommend them as a reception venue and hotel - the service was impeccable!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/26/10, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

When it comes to weddings, the Harbor View knows what its doing. I know that at the time the hotel was helping to organize many other events while they were helping me organize mine, but I still felt we got 100% of their attention 100% of the time.

The hotel overlooks Edgartown Harbor and the Lighthouse. It also has beautiful grounds - plenty of places for gorgeous and unique pictures rain or shine (and for mine, there was a ton of rain!)

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/05, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amira and the Harbor View team were fantastic. Amira helped us with every tiny detail of our big day. She was accommodating, responsive and an overall delight to work with throughout the planning process. We are so happy we chose The Harbor View for our wedding venue, it was excellent to have all aspects of our day in one place and each space was just as beautiful as the next. All guests raved about the delicious food, wonderful music and gorgeous view. We highly recommend considering this venue for your wedding or special event!
-Holly + Greg

Profile Picture Holly, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

We had a wonderful wedding at the HV in August. The team there was amazing and very helpful.

I only gave a 4.5 for service and responsiveness because before the wedding we had a lag in communication with the hotel (understandably it is a vacation spot so people aren’t often working full time) and also on the wedding day we had an unmanageable line at the bar at cocktail hour.

These were completely outshone by the rest of the day and Amira and her wonderful staff!!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Fantastic location for our wedding - Amira was wonderful to work with and extremely professional. We were very happy and impressed!

Profile Picture Keya, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our rehearsal dinner here, and also used the hotel to get ready and have photographs. This venue is really the most beautiful, iconic place in Edgartown!

The two girls who work as their coordinators are great to work with and are some of the busiest people on the island. They were so kind and fun to work with throughout the process.

Your guests will love any event at the Harbor View!

Profile Picture Erin , 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Harborview took care of everything on our special day. It was a super deal, it was off season, so it was around 20.00 per guest. We married in the foyer, near the huge stone fireplace, then our reception was in a lovely room off the rest of the hotel.

Profile Picture Kate, 3/10/96, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Wedding Cake