Harbor View Hotel Reviews

34 Reviews for Harbor View Hotel

• Catie

Catie Torri · Getting married on 07/08/2021

5 Star Service at a Classic Venue

The Harbor View Hotel is a seriously breathtaking place to get married. Everything from the location, to the hotel's accommodations, and the staff was perfect for our special day.

It all starts with the coordinator, Makenzie Wall! Makenzie was open and honest with us as the hotel went through renovations, she helped us select the ideal areas to host our guests for Friday night drinks, the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception, and she was on call for us the entire weekend. Makenzie and her team were incredibly professional and well prepared for anything our wedding party or guests requested. I knew that I could leave anything with Makenzie's team and it would be taken handled with precision and care. Chef Patrice Martineau prepared a delicious meal for our 140 guests and we had really fun bartenders serving drinks all night. The wait and hotel staff were also very helpful and friendly.

In addition to the personnel being on point, the landscaping and outdoor areas of the hotel are beautiful and inviting. Our guests enjoyed the property as well as the short walk to downtown Edgartown and the beach.

Hosting a wedding on Martha's Vineyard is a special experience, hosting your wedding at the Harbor View Hotel on Martha's Vineyard is an unforgettable one.

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Vivian

Vivian Bea · Getting married on 02/07/2021

Vow Renewal at the Harborview: Highly Recommend this Venue

I can't begin to thank Mackenzie and her team for making our dream become a reality. Mackenzie and her staff were very attentive from the planning phase all the way to the day of our 10 year Vow Renewal. In the planning phase, she was able to supply me with a list of vendors and walked me through each step in a systematic fashion. On the day of our Vow Renewal, her staff were very attentive and followed through with our vision. I would highly recommended Mackenzie and her team at the Harborview.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Abigail Durland · Married on 09/26/2020

Fairytale Wedding Experience at the Harbor View Hotel

While many couples decided to postpone their wedding dates until 2021, my husband and I were confident that we would still be able to have our dream wedding at the Harbor View Hotel. The amazing relationship we formed with Events Coordinator Makenzie Wall during the planning process gave us immense confidence that despite the changes handed to us by the virus, the responsiveness, professionalism and creativity of Makenzie and her team would allow us to still have an unforgettable wedding weekend. Their dedication to ensuring our September 26, 2020 wedding cannot be overstated! We feel so lucky to have had our wedding festivities at the hotel and were truly blown away by how flawless the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and post-wedding brunch were. The team created a seamless and memorable weekend for us and our families and we cannot recommend them enough!

It's no secret that the Harbor View Hotel is an absolutely breathtaking place to get married - from the picturesque waterfront and lighthouse views to the perfectly manicured landscaping - everything about the hotel is classic and perfect. The kindness and professionalism of the staff however, is what will stay with us forever. We truly attribute the seamlessness of all the wedding events to their hospitality, attention to detail, and genuine kindness. They are committed to making your experience amazing – and they certainly did for us and our families!

Makenzie and her service team were with us the entire weekend – incredibly well-prepared, hospitable, and accommodating to all of our guests needs. Absolutely every detail was handled with immense attention to detail and care. From the signature cocktails to the impeccable menu (all of our guests are still raving about the food!), we were so impressed by the quality of the meals as well as the service. Guests were never without a drink and every need and request was met with a helpful and friendly demeanor. The Harbor View Hotel also has strong relationships with the vendor community on Martha’s Vineyard so I felt totally comfortable knowing that Makenzie would be in close contact with integral vendors such as, the photographer and florist for any “day of” last minute details or changes.

There was never a doubt in our mind that hosting a wedding at the Harbor View Hotel would be unforgettable, but I can say wholeheartedly that they made our wedding an absolute fairytale and we are still gushing over how amazing it was. Run – don’t walk to say “I Do” at the View!!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Rebekka Brown · Married on 07/18/2020

Fantastic Experience working with Harbor View Staff

Amazingly beautiful location, vibe and the biggest selling point is the staff, ESPECIALLY MAKENZIE! We would not have chosen the Harbor View if Makenzie wasn't there making everything so seamless, clear and comfortable. Makeznie and the Harbor View have proven they care about their client more than money with how they have handled our wedding postponement in response to COVID-19.

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Brooke

Brooke Littleton · Married on 06/13/2020

A beautiful venue with a great location and food, along with the most supportive vendor team!

My now husband and I can not recommend the Harbor View Hotel along with Makenzie and the event team there enough. We had planned to have our dream wedding at the Harbor View for 20 months, when COVID swooped in and suddenly ruined our dream wedding plans. Makenzie and her team helped us though the process and supported us and our decisions regarding how we needed to proceed. While we ultimately had a small micro-wedding on our original wedding date at my parents house, we could not have been more satisfied with the Harbor View and the support that they showed us through a difficult time. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue and a vendor who will truly be your partner though the wedding planning process, even as plans change, then look no further.

Sent on 08/10/2020

Dale Sinesi · Married on 05/09/2020

Best experience ever!

We held my daughter’s wedding at the Harbor View on Labor Day weekend and it completely exceeded all of our expectations. The event staff, lead by the calm and professional Makenzie Wall, went to great lengths to make this wedding the most intimate, celebratory, special event ever, even though Covid restrictions kept throwing in twists and turns to the planning process. The food was outstanding, the service was superior and super friendly(Dion remembered our names and drink of choice and Sheri was so sweet and efficient). Harbor View made 2020 into a special year for our daughter, her husband and our immediate family and we could not be more grateful. And the views are spectacular too! Run, don’t walk, to the Harbor View for any special event or even just a stay.

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Strake · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing venue!

We had an amazing experience with the Harbor View Hotel for our wedding. The venue was beautiful, newly renovated and the views were amazing. Also, the food and service were wonderful. More importantly, the event coordinator, Makenzie Wall, was incredible. She was organized, wonderful to work with and had everything ready for the day. She really knows Martha's Vineyard (travel to and from the island, accommodations and wedding vendors) so planning the wedding from afar was much easier! I cant recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Susan · Married on 09/22/2018

the food, service, attention to detail were all exceptional

Sent on 10/01/2018

Alex · Married on 09/15/2018

Dream wedding!

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Harbor View in September and it was better than we dreamed of! Everyone we worked with was helpful, professional and made our wedding something we will never forget. Makenzie played such a big part in our wedding and made everything run smoothly. She was super responsive, accommodating and had such a positive attitude throughout the planning process. She was extremely organized and all of the details were thought through – my husband and I were able to relax with our guests and didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding. The culinary team is also amazing – we received many compliments from our guests about how great the food was. Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Elizabeth Green · Married on 07/28/2018

Dream Vineyard Wedding

The entire team at The Harbor View made planning my wedding so easy. From the initial tour to the Big Day, everything went smoothly. The truly made me feel like a princess.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing Wedding Reception!

Our wedding reception was May 19, 2018 at the Harbor view.The staff went above and beyond to help us plan our wedding! The two rooms we used for the reception was the Lighthouse grill and the Edgartown room. The staff did great in making sure everybody knew where to go and what was happening. We live off island so having an excellent line of communication was key in planning. Mackenzie went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day, even on the actual wedding day she was there to help me with my dress, make sure I as the bride ate, and even helped us out when our photo booth glitched a little. The staff stepped up and helped me fix the problem immediately (error had nothing to do with the harbor view) My guests still talk to me about their favorite bartenders and keep telling me how much fun they had. We had a very rainy wedding day and the harbor view was very accommodating to the minor changes we had with our scheduling. We stayed in a gorgeous room at the Harbor view and they went above and beyond to make our weekend special. Also, everyone is still talking about the lobster tacos and how much they loved them! Great food, drinks, staff, and location! Thank you harbor view!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

Makenzie was a terrific event manager - she has a 'can-do' attitude and always has a smile on her face. We loved using the Lighthouse Grill for the reception - it is such a pretty space with great views. The food was great and the servers were very attentive.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Emily · Married on 05/04/2018

This is not only the most gorgeous venue to have your wedding at, but the staff is also the best around! Everyone was so professional, kind, and made us feel incredibly special. I could not imagine a better place to have had our reception! The Edgartown room was perfect for an indoor/outdoor atmosphere. My guests enjoyed hanging out on the wrap around patio with the view of the lighthouse. Those who wanted to dance were able to do so inside. This is the place to be for a beautiful venue and a terrific staff!!! Thank you Harbor View for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Alyson · Married on 12/16/2017

Amira was a pleasure to work with and so helpful in planning our day. We got married in December and the Harbor View (and all of Edgartown) was beautifully decorated for the holidays, an extra bonus! We loved everything about our weekend and couldn't be happier with everyone we dealt with at the hotel. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Kristen · Married on 10/01/2017

Makenzie and Amira and their event team are more than a pleasure to work with! Having worked several weddings with them through our event firm I've found them to be so attentive but also very discrete. They are both enjoyable and easy to work with and the communication leading up to the day sets not only us up for a successful event, but all the other vendors as well! Attention to detail and logistics are never looked over and allow each vendor to focus on their priorities making for such an enjoyable day. I'm overall so impressed by this team and I'm looking forward to the other weddings I have this season where I can continue to work with Makenzie!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Edmund · Married on 06/10/2017

We knew we wanted to get married at the HVH the first time we toured it and it lived up to our expectations! Amira and team were incredible in accommodating our numerous requests and modifications as the planning proceeded. For the week we were there everything went off without a hitch and it truly made our special day unforgettable. We are fine sharing our wedding video for those interested in getting married at the HVH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOMg86Yu30&feature=youtu.be

Sent on 11/01/2017

The location speaks for itself. Gorgeous! We had our party in the Lighthouse Grill. The room is beautiful and the view breathtaking! The food delicious and the drinks were perfect!
    The HVH team was great. Amira, the sales manager, was very attentive - better than a maid of honor :)
    5 stars all the way!

Sent on 03/12/2017

amanda · Married on 01/07/2017

Great staff and amazing to work with!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Mallory · Married on 11/19/2016

We are beyond happy we chose the Harbor View Hotel for our wedding & reception! The staff are professional, helpful, & more than accommodating. We have no complaints!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/12/2016

Wonderful place for a wedding and reception. My husband and I got married at the Harbor View this past September. We had our wedding in the gazebo, our cocktail hour on the porch and our reception in the Edgartown room. Amira was our wedding coordinator and did a fabulous job coordinating our vendors and helping plan our big event. Our evening went off perfectly. A few nice things about the Harbor View that we noticed is that they do not try to up sell you on extras that you don't need. They also don't have any hidden fees, everything that we saw on the estimate was what we paid. Another nice feature of this hotel is that they include the wedding coordinator as the day of coordinator. Working with the Harbor View made wedding planning very easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2016

Harbor View Hotel was a dream to work with. Their wedding coordinator, Amira Tranchell, was professional, paid great attention to detail, was always positive despite the inevitable stress leading up to the big day, and made the day run seamlessly without even knowing she was around! This venue is top notch. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Rebekah · Married on 06/12/2016

We couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding. Our family and friends still talk about how perfect it was. Everyone at the hotel was so accommodating and my coordinator, Amira, was the best. She was extremely responsive, helpful with planning, and making sure everything was perfect from months before to the day of (and even helping put in my veil)! The food was amazing and they catered to my gluten free needs due to celiac disease. You can't beat the location and stunning views. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a truely stress-free and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Can't say enough good things about the Harbor View. The coordinator was an absolute dream come true, very organized and pro-active. Throughout the planninng process she anticipated my needs and made everything very, very easy and decreased my stress level as much as possible. She really went above-and-beyond to make things perfect. The hotel itself is in a great location, right over the Edgartown Harbor, and the rooms are beautiful. The food served at the reception was terriffic (guests chose between salmon, filet mignon and a vegetable risotto) and many guests told us afterward that they felt like they were at a restaurant because their servers were so attentive to their needs. Not something I'm used to experiencing at a wedding, but I'm not surprised. We had a larger wedding than can fit inside the hotel's largest ballroom, so we had our cocktail hour in that ballroom, then moved to a tent on the lawn for a seated dinner, then back in to the ballroom for dancing, with another ballroom across the hall set up as a lounge with the coffee and cake. It could have been a logistical nightmare, but the efficient staff made it work. I was also impressed with how will they adapated to the last minute changes we threw at them the week of the wedding. I know it's a big hotel with a lot of events - even other events that weekend - but I consistently felt like their top priority.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2010

The HarborView Hotel and Resort was absolutely perfect! The food was delicious, they were flexible with cost, menu, room design and the staff really helped us pull the entire day together. I would recommend them as a reception venue and hotel - the service was impeccable!

Sent on 07/13/2010