Happy Bakeshop Reviews

39 | Denver, CO

39 Reviews for Happy Bakeshop

Maria · Married on 08/27/2016

We worked with Happy Bakeshop to design a dessert bar for our wedding, including a cutting cake, 5 types of cupcakes, 5 types of macarons, 2 cookies, and 2 bar bites. Happy Bakeshop was so great to work with during the planning stages and would provide feedback on the flavor offerings and quantity we were considering. They even worked with us to create custom macaron flavors. Everything tasted and looked great!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Victoria · Married on 07/23/2016

Our Sweet Table was gorgeous! All the baked goods were beyond delicious! People were blown away by the aesthetic as well as the taste. Nothing is better then those salted caramel chocolate cupcakes, except maybe their amazing French Macaroons. They are great to work with, and they Will Deliver come Hell or High Water! Such great people, most amazing sweet table, and all affordable and mind blowing!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Nikole · Married on 08/16/2014

Happy Cakes is amazing. The cupcakes have been a favorite of mine since I heard about them three years ago but when I decided to have them do my wedding they really knocked it out of the park for me. The cupcakes and the various types we chose were not problem for the bakery. Though it was a large amount the cupcakes were divine as usual. The staff who helped me make decisions on frosting decorations and cake stands were knowledgeable and patient with all my questions and ideas. I really enjoyed working with them and will be using them again for any future parties.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Happy Bakeshop's reply:

Thanks, Nikole! We really enjoyed working with you, too! Congratulations on your big day, and thanks for choosing us to be a part of it! And for the great review! xo

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I love Happy Cakes and our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the cupcakes were. I am so happy they were able to accomodate some of our guests dietary restrictions and still make a great tasting cupcake. If you are thinking of having cupcakes at your wedding or event I would definitely recommend using this company.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Lindsay · Married on 07/13/2013

If you are thinking about doing cupcakes for your Denver weddings -- use Happy Cakes! It was super easy dealing with Carly and the whole staff at Happy Cakes. I'm surprised I still fit into my dress after all the free tasters they gave us along the way! Our guests loved the cupcakes. Of everything at our reception, we got the most compliments about the desserts. We liked that we had our own little cake for cutting, but then so many options for our guests to chose from.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Mlmegs · Married on 05/14/2013

Cupcake selection and delivery were spot on. The perfect cherry on my wedding sundae. From start to finish my experience was A+. Delivered cupcakes to my venue on time and in perfect condition. We used the mini cupcakes for the toast and cake presentation. Minis are perfect bite size. Guests raved about the cupcakes taste and selection.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2012

I have been a fan of Happy Cakes for years and we always knew we were going to use them for the wedding. I found Carly easy to work with mostly over email as I don't live close by anymore. My caterer did the set up, but as far as I know delivery went well and no concerns ever made their way to me. They even made a custom flavor for us that turned out amazing. Because I had booked the year before, I got 2011 prices for my 2012 wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2012
  • User2058852 · 2+ years ago

Happy Cakes did an excellent job of helping us figure out what flavor cupcakes we wanted, as well as explaining what kinds of decorations we could have on them, and display options. Everything turned out beautiful, and the cupcakes were amazing!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2012

Happy Cakes has long been my favorite bakeshop in Denver and we had to have them do our wedding. My husband and I have some food allergies (gluten and lactose) that they can amazingly accomidate! We ordered regular cupcakes for our guests, and by regular I mean amazing. People can't stop talking about the snickerdoodle and lemon drop cupcakes. My husband and I ordered and gluten-free, lactose-free cutting cake that was carrot cake with "cream cheese" frosting and it was ammmmazing. I almost shed a tear when he ate the last piece yesterday. Happy Cakes will never let me down and I'm really looking forward to the jumbo cupcake they give for one year anniversaries!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Megan · Married on 04/29/2012

We could not wait to work with Happy Cakes for our wedding. We go there often, and we knew that choosing our flavors was going to be a fun challenge.

We decided to go with mini-cupcakes so we could have a variety of flavors. Working with Happy Cakes was so easy and stress-free. They were beautiful at our wedding and tasted amazing as always. We chose maple bacon as one of our flavors and we couldn't hear the end of it from our guests about how good it was! Everything was a big hit and we weren't surprised. They are the best in town!

Sent on 05/18/2012
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 07/10/2011

LOVE Happy Cakes! They did such a fantastic job! Everyone could not get over how adorable the display was and how delicious the cupcakes were! They were so helpful and accomodating- and the cupcakes were everything we hoped they would be!

Sent on 07/26/2011
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/14/2011

I truly would like to work with Happy Cakes again. They were very understanding to our situation when we had to cancel our entire order due to my husband (Then fiancee) being diagnosed with bone cancer. They are a great bunch of folks and their cupcakes are sooooo yummy! The tastings were out of this world.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

It was a given that the cupcakes were going to be delicious. The best part was how they helped me come up with a way to present them that would fit in with my wedding decor. It worked out very well and I didn't have to worry about any of it as they dropped them off and handled all the set-up!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Cari · Married on 09/03/2010

We served cupcakes at our wedding rather than a tradition cake. Happy Cakes provided 4 different flavored cupcake flavors as well as a small cake for cutting purposes. Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. Our cake was delicious, we even ate the second half after returning from our week long honeymoon and it was still good!

Sent on 09/23/2010

Kate · Married on 06/26/2010

Without a doubt everyone loved the cupcakes at the reception. All of our friends and family raved about the cupcakes. Picking the flavors was tough because they have so many yummy options. We used the cupcakes as center pieces which also worked out really well and was an idea givne to us by Laura at Happy Cakes. We are very happy with our decision to use Happy Cakes.

Sent on 08/26/2010

Benita · Married on 11/21/2009

I cannot glorify this bakery enough!! People are still talking about the look and taste of the wedding cake!! It was a big hit!! I completely recommend Happy Cakes for all brides, you will not be disappointed. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Meghan · Married on 09/19/2009

We got our wedding cupcakes and a cutting cake from Happy Cakes for our reception and they were amazing! We had three different flavors for cupcakes and got rave reviews from all of our guests on each and every one. VERY highly recommended!

Sent on 11/30/2009

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2009

These are the best tasting cupcakes in the Denver area. We had a variety of flavors (6 total) for our guests. There was none left at the end of the night...they flew off the cake table! Happy cakes was easy to work with and was wonderful about fulfilling our wishes for our wedding cakes. Go try some of the cupcakes, they are amazing!

Sent on 09/06/2009

Ann · Married on 07/25/2009

The cupcakes at Happy Cakes are simply to die for. We've tried cupcakes all over Denver and these are truly the best. We just knew that we needed these cupcakes at our wedding, and they did not disappoint! Laura was easy to work with and flexible. She even offered to bring back older flavors for our wedding - they really will do whatever you want them to do! Our guests LOVED the cupcakes and I even saw a few people getting three or four! I would highly recommend this bakeshop - but be careful, they're addicting!

Sent on 08/01/2009

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2008

These cupcakes were such a HIT! I mean they were gone FAST. And everyone is still raving about them!! Happy Cakes offers such unique favors, customizable to your day, theme, season, etc... and to top it off, they are SO delicious!! My mouth is watering just writing this review! We loved them and are so glad we had them at our wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2008
  • Marcie

Marcie · Married on 06/24/2016

We stumbled upon this adorable cupcake shop and discovered some amazing flavors! We loved our tasting - we tried a big assortment of some unique cupcakes. Lizzie was great to work with, she encouraged us to find fun designs and other options as they were included in our cost. We had a destination wedding with a large guest list and low turnout (perfect for us) so we were prepared to add cupcakes in red velvet or other fun flavors to supplement the cake if we had over 80 guests. We didn't actually need to add any additional and the cake was so affordable! The cake looked great on the wedding day and was absolutely delicious! Our guests loved it and still make comments about it. The best part - there's no freezing our cake (imo: ew!) and we get to go back on our anniversary for cupcakes! :)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 11/14/2014

Happy Cakes did a wonderful job! They can be very busy, so sometimes it takes a few days to hear from them, so please make sure you contact them in a timely manner. When we visited their store to contact them to do the cupcakes for our wedding, they sent us home with a 6-pack of full-size cupcakes of our choosing to sample! We and our family were very grateful for their generosity to allow us to sample them, and they were delicious! There was no doubt that we were going to choose them.

They delivered and set up the cake and cupcakes perfectly. They also set up our cake topper for us so that we didn't have to worry about it on the day of the wedding. We received so many compliments, the cupcakes were delicious! By far the most popular flavor was the Chocolate Salted Caramel, our other flavors were pumpkin spice, vanilla on vanilla, and chocolate on chocolate.

The cost was very reasonable and comparable to other cupcake shops, but by far the quality of Happy Cakes surpassed the competitors we contacted. Would recommend!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

Thank you so much for the perfect cupcakes for our big day!

Sent on 10/07/2013

The cupcakes are great, but flavor options are somewhat limited to those flavors for that day. Our cake was amazing and more then we could have imagined. We sent a picture of an idea for our cake and it turned out great. Would highly recommend Happy Cakes for any event.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Rachel · Married on 07/16/2011

I am so glad I found Happy Cakes. They offer so many flavors, and the cupcakes are delicious. We even got a little cake for cutting and our cake topper that we wanted. Service was great and flexible to what we wanted. Set up was great, too. They even give you a free giant cupcake on your anniversary so you don't have to eat frozen, year old cupcakes!
    We will continue to visit Happy Cakes and recommend them to others.

Sent on 08/03/2011