495 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

Liability Insurance (13)
Lighting (10)
Rehearsal Dinner (4)
495 Hank Lane Music Reviews

My fiancé and I recently had our engagement party on June 9 and we hired a Hank Lane band for our music for the night. The band was absolutely amazing! They created such a great energy in the room that everybody was up and dancing all night! I love how the band interacts with the guests and gets everybody up. The staff at the office was so sweet and kept in contact with me throughout the whole process to make sure that every detail and music selection was to our liking. Hank Lane made our night and a party to remember. I am still getting rave reviews from our guests about how amazing the lead singer Melodie Ray was and the entire band. We will definitely be going back to them when we plan our wedding !

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 6/22/19, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Jeff Lubin Band went beyond my high expectations for my wedding! The music was one of the most important factors for the big day. Especially growing up listening to Classic Rock and playing in bands myself, I wanted a band that understood me and my husbands passion for music! My husband and I had picked a difficult song for our first dance that I
actually didn’t even expect the band to play, but the song had special meaning to us so we requested it. To my surprise and excitement, Jeff sent me a file of him playing and singing the song prior to the wedding and spoke on the phone with us live to go over details of the live version. Prior we actually had another phone meeting with him where he ran through the whole day with us. It was one of our favorite meetings during the wedding planning process!

The day of the wedding the band was so good EVERYONE was on the dance floor. The bands energy was incredible and everyone is so talented! I was shocked at how they were able to handle the diversity of our playlist with such ease and transition! And to end it off, the band knew about my love for Led Zeppelin and we ended the night rocking out to Kashmir! Making this song into a contemporary dance song at a wedding is not an easy task, but even my Mom who always sided with The Who over Zeppelin was dancing her butt off.

I would use Jeff Lubin’s Band over and over! I highly recommend them and Hank Lane. The entire process was so seamless and Ali and Jeff Lubin were so fantastic to work with. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, but they made it fun!

Profile Picture Alex, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Marcus Reid Band of Hank Lane was incredible. Literally every single moment of the night people were dancing. I've already had three people ask me for my band's name so they can use them at their weddings! Thank you Marcus; we had so much fun. The memories of my my family, friends, husband and me singing and dancing all night will forever be ingrained in my memory. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Hank Lane made our beautiful wedding day the best day of our lives! Music was one of the most important aspects in wedding planning for my (now) husband and me and we knew that the Erik Marshall band was absolutely incredible from positive experiences at other weddings. What we weren't prepared for was how helpful Erik Marshall would be in choosing our music (and there's a TON of music you need to pick for all of the intricate parts of the ceremony and reception) to make the music playing during our wedding "feel" like us, as well as get everyone on their feet to dance. On the day of the wedding, we were COMPLETELY blown away - we (and all of our guests) felt like we were privy to an incredible one-in-a-lifetime concert that lasted for 5 hours. Our family and friends have been raving nonstop about our band since the wedding, which was almost a month ago. I barely left the dance floor the entire night and couldn't have been happier. Thank you SO much Hank Lane! xx

Profile Picture Molly, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I can't recommend the Pete Saunders band highly enough!!!! My husband and I went to a wedding with them as the band, and we knew we had to look no further. As soon as we got engaged we booked Pete Saunders. We had a phone call with him a few weeks out which went perfectly, he knew exactly what we were imagining, was so knowledgable and fun to talk to--- and executed perfectly. From the specific ceremony music, to keeping the party alive the whole night!!! We have been getting phone calls all week about how incredible the band was! I'm pretty sure 2 of my engaged friends are going to book him from seeing them at our wedding. THANK YOU PETE & CREW!!!!!!!

Profile Picture jocelyn, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We recently (June 16th) held our daughter’s wedding at the Marriott Essex House Central Park; where we hired a Hank Lane band, Brooklyn Sound, for our event. Jonny Hirsch (band leader) and his Brooklyn Sound Band were simply spectacular!! We cannot come up with enough superlatives to tell you how GREAT Brooklyn Sound was. They had the dance floor going from start to finish with people begging for more at the end. Not only are our guests still raving about Brooklyn Sound and telling us, “They were the best wedding band ever!” but I am being asked to do another party just so we can have Brooklyn Sound play at it. Short and sweet, if you are planning any event and you want a band that will have your party rocking and dancing all night, then you are crazy if you do not hire Jonny Hirsch and his Brooklyn Sound Band from the Hank Lane organization. Additionally, he was a pleasure to work with before the wedding. The violinist that greeted our guests for the ceremony, the singer and instrumentalists that performed during the ceremony and the instrumentalists that played during our cocktail reception were fantastic and all from the Brooklyn Sound Band. I also highly recommend to spend the extra dollars and go with the 12 piece band Vs 10 piece – the sound and energy is awesome!

Profile Picture Mark, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

If you are looking for an amazing wedding band, look no further than the Frank Simmons Band!! Having a great band was the most important decision to my husband and me, and I can honestly say that choosing Frank and his band was BY FAR the best decision we made throughout our planning process. They are truly extraordinary!

Incredibly fun, high-energy, friendly, and accommodating - not to mention INSANELY TALENTED, both as a group and individually - their performance was absolutely top-notch. Every single person at our wedding was on our dance floor the entire night and were having so much fun that when the band told us they'd just played the last song, everyone was so devastated that we refused to leave and begged for an encore (which, true to form, Frank and his band happily obliged!) We've been to a lot of weddings and they're far and away the best band we've ever seen (and we're so grateful that it was at our own!). It's been about 2 weeks since our wedding and our friends are still reaching out to inquire about our band's name - everyone is dying to hire them themselves!

On a professional note, from the first moment we reached out to them over a year ago to the end of the last song played at our wedding, every person we worked with on their team was a dream. They are true professionals - super friendly, flexible and accommodating and worked with us to make sure we were getting exactly what we were hoping for and WAY more. And once we met Frank, it immediately became clear why: he is incredibly warm, upbeat, fun, and friendly (as well as an amazing musician), so it's no surprise that his team and entire band are the same way.

I could go on forever about the FSB, they are truly THAT good! Our wedding wouldn't have been half as fun without them, and we're eternally grateful to them for the memories they gave us! Many thanks to Frank and co.!!

If you are looking for the best wedding band out there, look no further than the Frank Simmons Band!

Profile Picture Christy, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Jeff Lubin Band of Hank Lane brought the whole night together! We could not have asked for a better band. Jeff and the band and the team at Hank Lane executed our vision and exceeded expectations. They struck the perfect balance between formal event and rocking out! They are incredibly talented, know how to orchestrate the perfect set list, pace the night, and get everyone out on the dance floor! Not only do the songs played by Jeff and the band continue to be stuck in our heads, but all our guests continue to tell us how great the band was at our wedding. Thank you Jeff!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't say enough good things about the band that we used!! We used Marcus Reid from Hank Lane and I am so glad that we did! Marcus was so attentive and friendly and took the time to listen to what music we liked and what we wanted. He followed the crowd and did not stop playing until dinner and we NEEDED to stop for speeches. He kept giving the crowd what they wanted and kept the party going. People are still talking about it ! I really hope that one of my friends hires him so that we can see them ( and hear them) again! If you are in between two bands, use Marcus Reid - they will NOT disappoint!!!

Marcus was so flexible and accommodating- I really wanted him to play Uncle Johns band from the Grateful Dead for the dad-daughter dance since that is mine and my dads song. If anyone knows the song- it is really not a slow dance song and definitely not typical for a dad-daughter dance. When I explained the meaning of the song, Marcus told me not to worry and that he would learn the song and play an acoustic version to make it work. Not only did he play it, he played it EXTREMELY well!! My dad told me after that it was one of the highlights of his life :-)

Profile Picture chelsey, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Brooklyn Sound and the band leader Jonny were beyond amazing! It is hard for me to properly thank them enough or find the right accolades to express how amazing the band was at my son's wedding, but I will try. The song selection was wonderful...the singers were fantastic...the musicians talented...the excitement and energy the band infused into the room was palpable. I have received numerous calls and texts praising Brooklyn Sound and the band members. It was a pleasure to work the band leading up to the wedding and they delivered more than we could have hoped for.

Profile Picture Lori, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Let me say that the Clara Jordan band was AMAZING. Every guest I have talked to agrees that they were absolutely exceptional. They knew how to keep the party going while still MCing the night perfectly. They played every request we had (which were numerous and it was so meaningful that they were so accomodating) and everyone was singing along at the top of their lungs all night. I LOVE to dance and party, and I couldn’t have imagined a better band to party along with. It was also obvious that they enjoyed playing together, which made it that much better.

Also, they were able to allow us to practice our first dance during the cocktail hour, making last minute adjustments to the intro and tempo to meet our needs. Our first dance was absolutely magical, all thanks to them!!

Finally, they managed the wedding guests so perfectly. They were respectful of people making requests, but firm in adhering to mine and my husband’s wishes. I didn’t even realize I would need that on my wedding night, but Clara had my back the whole time!

Thank you so much for working with us, it was an absolute dream. I will recommend you to everyone I come across who needs a band for any event!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Marcus Reid Band is EVERYTHING. No one sat down the entire night of our wedding - they made the night so amazing and special. They took all of our thoughts and made them a reality.

Profile Picture dani, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Our experience with Hank Lane and the Frank Simmons Band could not have been better. The process began when Ian Magid of Hank Lane met with us to pick one of Hank Lane's bands. We gave him examples of what sort of music we liked and he made great suggestions. Ian was also extremely responsive - when I sent him any e-mail, he would literally respond right away - in one case, he responded almost instantaneously. Hank Lane uses a great website which allowed us to easily make music selections for all portions of the wedding.

The Frank Simmons Band, simply put, was by far the best wedding band I have ever seen (and I've been to a lot of weddings). They were energetic, played great music, and kept the crowd into it until well past 12:30 AM. We chose a pretty tricky falsetto song by Gary Clark Jr. for our first dance. Leading up to the wedding, we wondered how the band would do with it - and they absolutely crushed it.

When the wedding was over, the crowd still wanted more, so they indulged us with an encore. As a guitarist myself, the band was also extremely gracious in helping me plan out a couple of songs to play with them. They made me feel comfortable and made sure I had everything I needed. I can honestly say playing those songs with them at the wedding was a life highlight for me which I will never forget - not to mention it really got the crowd going. It's clear that our guests loved the band: since the wedding, we have already had people ask us about putting them in contact with the band to use in their own weddings.

I wholeheartedly and unreservedly would recommend Hank Lane and the Frank Simmons Band. They were so good that I almost wish I could get married again just to spend more time rocking with them.

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brooklyn Sound played at our wedding a few weeks ago and we couldn’t be more pleased! Jonny was great to work with leading up to the wedding and all of our requests were handled seamlessly. Our wedding crowd really loves to dance and Brooklyn Sound ensured the dance floor was packed all night. They really brought tons of energy and made for an exciting atmosphere for the entirety of the evening. The band came out on to the dance floor and their interactions with our guests made it all the more fun.

The continuous live music, which is a Hank Lane staple, was a game changer as the dance floor was constantly rocking. It was really amazing how Jonny and the band had the versatility to play boy bands, classic rock and R&B one after another without missing a beat.

Their combination of professionalism with the exciting musical versatility is really tough to beat. They really are worth every penny as we are still getting complements on the band almost a month after our wedding. Thanks to Jonny and Brooklyn Sound for making our wedding such a fun and special night!

Profile Picture Brian, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had the Brooklyn Sound perform at our wedding just a few nights ago and I can honestly say that Saturday was the best night of our lives and this band was a huge reason why. We wish we had to opportunity thank each member individually, as they all kept the party alive all night.

Their bandleader, Jonny, was so attentive to our every request and suggestion, he made everything happen as we envisioned it. While our guests all loved the music, they didn't get to appreciate the amount of coordination that Jonny and his team put in during the weeks and months before the wedding. Most impressively, Jonny had the patience of a saint while trying to organize our crazy and tipsy wedding party before we did introductions.

We had a large Spanish/Cuban contingent in our audience, and they played such an amazing Latin set, it had every guest on the dance floor. From Latin to Motown to Bowie to Avicii, the Brooklyn Sound could do it all. They were also very kind in adapting their schedule and allowing my cousin the opportunity to perform, which meant to world to my family. I've heard "best band ever" more times than I can count.

They were all so talented and fun and it couldn't be more obvious that the Brooklyn Sound really enjoys performing, which is all we could really ask for. We will also recommend them to our friends, but doing that selfishly so we get to see them perform again! Thank you again from Roxanne and Mark!

Profile Picture Mark, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We used the Frank Simmons Band for our wedding at Florentine Gardens in April. To say they were amazing would be an understatement. The band was phenomenal and left all of our guests (and ourselves) raving for weeks. The leader (Frank) was absolutely incredible on his saxophone and would come out into the crowd along with other band members and play. Our venue told us that the amount of people dancing at all times was something they normally don't see. We gave a flexible list of songs we like and the band played pretty much everything we wanted to hear. The energy they provided to the party palpable. I could not have asked for a better experience and will be recommending them to all my friends in the hopes I can see them again!

Profile Picture Zachary, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

I don't think there are enough words to properly thank the Frank Simmons band for our AMAZING wedding. They absolutely made the party. We told Frank we wanted the room dancing all night long, and the band did not fail us. The music was INCREDIBLE. They even let me sing a song with them towards the end and somehow made me sound like I was on tune. Everyone kept telling me how amazing my band was and kept asking for their name. They were all so sweet, amazingly nice and unbelievably talented.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

All I can say is... WOW! We chose Marcus Reid as our band and we most definitely would choose this band over and over again! They were simply amazing with every song selection; completely capturing us as a couple & the music we love to listen to. At one point in the night I asked Marcus to play a song.. he said they haven't played it much and I was totally fine with them not playing it (being that is was rather new and not a standard wedding playing song)... but than he did an acoustic version and we were jumping with joy that he actually played it for us! That to me was one of the highlights! TOTALLY SUGGEST THIS BAND!!! If I can give that 100 stars I would! Thank you for the best night ever!

Profile Picture nicole, 4/27/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We cannot say enough great things about Hank Lane and The Frank Simmons Band! We had an amazing experience from the beginning when we met with the sales team to select a perfect band for our wedding. They helped us pick a band that fit all the criteria we were looking for. Throughout our planning process, they were always available to answer any questions we had. The coordinators for The Frank Simmons Band were amazing when helping us put together the final details for our big day! We had a few special requests and there was no issue pulling them off! Frank Simmons helped us pull off some surprises throughout the night, including letting my husband sing with the band! Our guests were dancing the entire night and the band kept everyone engaged and energized all night long! Thank you Frank and your amazing band for making our night perfect!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We loved working with Hank Lane for our wedding!! We used the Kenny Ford band - they were incredible!!! They kept the party going all night. When the wedding was over, our dance floor was still packed and people did not want to leave!! Leading up to the wedding, they were super easy to work with and extremely responsive over email. I would book them again and again!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

The Clara Jordan Band was hands down, the most amazing ever!! Everyone was absolutely amazing at Hank Lane. From our first meeting with Ian, to my correspondence with Stephanie, to finally meeting Clara. I felt that they were always on the same page with our guests and my husband and I. There were some major storms in our area throughout the week. Our beautiful venue did not skip a beat and was running on generators. None of out guests would have guessed that they didn't have power. However, I had a minor meltdown when the generator failed right before our formal introductions. Clara was in the middle of going over names and the power shut off. She remained calm, cool and collected. Her energy allowed me to remain calm. And the band just started playing very loudly to mask the power outage. Even though it was for only a couple of minutes, Clara and her band's level of professionalism was truly astonishing. The Clara Jordan band interacted with guests, played appropriate music based on the timing of the night and even played my husband and my favorite song "This Must Be the Place" by The Talking Heads. I will never forget the energy and positivity in the room with Clara's band being the catalyst for it all. All of the singers and band members were absolutely AMAZING!! We had guests coming up to us all night and afterwards raving about this band. Thank you Hank Lane and Clara for adding to the best day of our lives--I didn't want it to end! You will truly be missing out if you do not have the Clara Jordan Band at your wedding!

Profile Picture Krystalle, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Working with Hank Lane Music was a breeze from start to finish. My mother and father in-law and I went into the office looking for a band that fit all the needs for us and our guests. We each rated the bands that were presented to us, without sharing our results until the end of the presentation. We unanimously chose the band LUXE, because of their amazing talent, variety, and stage presence. We went with LUXE, and signed contracts on the same day. Fast forward to the upcoming weeks before the wedding, and the band leader Frank reached out to me to go over absolutely everything and anything to know for the night of the wedding. Frank has a natural knack to put the planner (me) at ease, he is a great person to work with! Frank and I spoke about what kind of music my fiancé and I preferred, the type of music our guests would like to dance to, and what I feel most important: the flow of the evening. Frank and his band are known not only for their exceptional talent, but also for getting people on the dance floor utilizing the flow of music throughout the night. Frank was also extremely accommodating to our family’s requests, such as playing certain songs at specific times, and incorporating my cousin who is a professional musician into their performance. There were no surprises at the wedding because Frank had laid out the schedule of the reception that we created together in advance. Every single guest at the wedding, including my husband and I were so impressed and pleased with LUXE. I can personally guarantee that if you have LUXE perform at your event, you will not be let down, and you will have the absolute best time!

Profile Picture Raquel, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

We worked with the Michael Hart band and they were unbelievable!! Having the best band around and keeping everyone on the dance floor was very important to us and they did nothing but exceed our already high expectations. We worked with Lori at Hank Lane to narrow down the list of bands but once we saw the video of the Michael Hart band we knew that they were perfect. We even finalized our wedding date based on Michael Hart's availability. I'm still hearing from friends and family about how this was hands down the best band they have every seen - including "10 times better than Justin Timberlake's performance at the Super Bowl" (which was the next day). I would also recommend going for an electric fiddle in the band - our fiddler was amazing and it really comes across as unique compared to other wedding bands I've seen. Michael was fabulous to work with and such a great guy - they were able to play everything from Barry White to Zedd and everything in between. All around such a positive experience - everyone needs to use this band!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amanda, 2/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Since our wedding, almost four weeks ago, I have been trying to find the right words to write this review – but in reality, the Marcus Reid Band left us speechless. When we first hired Marcus Reid - I thought it was too good to be true, I thought “what’s the catch?”! So just to make sure I read a few reviews - one review really stood out in the beginning of the planning process and still sticks out to this day. The review said “How many decisions do we have to make when planning a wedding? Only hundreds, right? Well, let me help you make the best and easiest decision you will make by hiring The Marcus Reid Band for your wedding.” It’s 100% true! The Marcus Reid Band puts on the most memorable show – and I say that because although they are a wedding band, they put on a live concert. Many of our friends had Hank Lane bands at their weddings or have been to weddings with Hank Lane bands – each one has said that Marcus Reid Band is the BEST they have seen. Our guests didn’t want to leave at the end of the night and even started chanting “ONE MORE SONG”! Besides being an incredible band leader – Marcus is the nicest person with the GREATEST energy and a pleasure to work with. Hey Marcus, when can we do it again?!

Profile Picture Kristen, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals