511 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

Liability Insurance (17)
Lighting (10)
Rehearsal Dinner (5)
511 Hank Lane Music Reviews

My fiancé and I recently had our engagement party on June 9 and we hired a Hank Lane band for our music for the night. The band was absolutely amazing! They created such a great energy in the room that everybody was up and dancing all night! I love how the band interacts with the guests and gets everybody up. The staff at the office was so sweet and kept in contact with me throughout the whole process to make sure that every detail and music selection was to our liking. Hank Lane made our night and a party to remember. I am still getting rave reviews from our guests about how amazing the lead singer Melodie Ray was and the entire band. We will definitely be going back to them when we plan our wedding !

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 6/22/19, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

We were lucky enough to book the Marcus Reid Band for our 9/1/18 wedding. Having a high energy amazing band was our top priority and Marcus far exceeded our already high expectations. The dance floor was packed and he played the perfect combination of songs to cater towards everyone and keep everyone on their feet the whole night! His band was amazing and we are beyond thrilled that we were able to have him at our wedding! He made the night and multiple people came up to us to rave about them!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

the Jeff Lubin band was phenomenal. Jeff took so much time on the phone prior to the wedding giving us song ideas and asking what we like. The band members were professional and fantastic at working the crowd. The dance floor was packed the whole night and people are still telling me how wonderful the band was. There was such a variety of music, which we asked for. It’s really impressive to see the extent of the band’s skills. Jeff did everything we talked about and more. Words can’t express how truly happy we were with our selection. I only wish I could plan another party to hire them again!!

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band is most essential part of wedding and Marcus Reid band will 100% ensure your guests are on the dance floor! Energy level is highest of the high! Marcus gets everyone in the mood to dance! Playlist amazing! we had seen Marcus at a friend's wedding two years ago and were so lucky that he was available for our daughter's wedding on Aug 4 at Sleepy Hollow Country Club. Everyone was wowed and amazed at his performance! there was not one dull moment and during dinner he played acoustic guitar and his version of Thunder Road was a big hit... the after party was also fabulous! somehow he changed the vibe but still kept it dynamic and awesome. so don't hesitate to check out Marcus Reid. Hank Lane is a pleasure to work with! and the ceremony/cocktail music provided by them was also amazing!

Profile Picture Claudia, 8/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We booked the Billy Stone Band through Hank Lane Music for our late July wedding, and they were absolute show-stoppers! Prior to the wedding, we found the company extremely professional and easy to work with. It's clear that Hank Lane has been an industry leader for many years. They made the process easy, and allowed us to share our musical tastes in advance so the day of would just be a smooth party. At the wedding, the band sounded great, broke out amazing dance moves, and our guests just raved about the entertainment! And Billy himself was awesome too - he went out of his way to check in with us throughout the night to make sure we were on the same page. Highly recommend !!

Photo for Hank Lane Music Review - Lauren Brimhall Photography
Profile Picture vanessa, 7/28/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Billy Stone Band is incredible!! We hired them through Hank Lane to play at our Shadowbrook wedding in July 2018 based on our planner's recommendation. My now-husband wanted to go with a band, but I was hesitant, thinking that it was not worth the money over a DJ and worried that we wouldn't know what quality we would get. We ended up hiring Billy Stone for a total of 8 musicians (one more than the minimum to broaden the scope of the sound) and two cocktail hour musicians (cello and keyboard). They were all amazing!!
First, Hank Lane was very organized, professional and affable during the planning stages. Before the wedding we had several scheduled calls and emails for them to get an idea of what kind of music we wanted. We then inputed some selections into their website which they would use as inspiration. Closer to the event date, they went over the plan carefully for the entire night, including the logistics for the first dance song. We were anxious about this part, since the lyrics and tempo of the song had to be altered by the band and since we had only rehearsed to the original version, but the band did this perfectly such that it did not throw off our dance at all (only our moves were mediocre :)).
During the wedding they were fantastic. The leader made all of the announcements as planned. The band really injected a lot of energy into the crowd such that everyone was dancing all night long and the members even interacted with guests on the dance floor. Their voices and musical skills were very impressive and they picked a great set of songs. We also had a friend perform a solo (song and guitar) and the band did a superb job backing him up. Even my mom, who ALWAYS prefers DJs, loved them. :) Numerous guests also pointed out that they were the "best band ever"!
In summary, the Billy Stone Band was worth every penny. They were extremely talented, professional and fun. They looked very elegant up on stage and added a classy vibe. Hire Hank Lane!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 7/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, Reception, Vocals

We were lucky to have Nocturne play our wedding this past July. They absolutely made the party. Incredibly talented musicians that can read a room and bring non-stop jams one after the other with seamless transitions. They were interactive with the crowd and made it a party no one will forget. Every guest made a point to tell us just how much they loved the band. On top of it all, they were a pleasure to work and coordinate with. Don't hesitate, Nocturne is the band you want!

Profile Picture Mason, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jeff Lubin Band went beyond my high expectations for my wedding! The music was one of the most important factors for the big day. Especially growing up listening to Classic Rock and playing in bands myself, I wanted a band that understood me and my husbands passion for music! My husband and I had picked a difficult song for our first dance that I
actually didn’t even expect the band to play, but the song had special meaning to us so we requested it. To my surprise and excitement, Jeff sent me a file of him playing and singing the song prior to the wedding and spoke on the phone with us live to go over details of the live version. Prior we actually had another phone meeting with him where he ran through the whole day with us. It was one of our favorite meetings during the wedding planning process!

The day of the wedding the band was so good EVERYONE was on the dance floor. The bands energy was incredible and everyone is so talented! I was shocked at how they were able to handle the diversity of our playlist with such ease and transition! And to end it off, the band knew about my love for Led Zeppelin and we ended the night rocking out to Kashmir! Making this song into a contemporary dance song at a wedding is not an easy task, but even my Mom who always sided with The Who over Zeppelin was dancing her butt off.

I would use Jeff Lubin’s Band over and over! I highly recommend them and Hank Lane. The entire process was so seamless and Ali and Jeff Lubin were so fantastic to work with. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, but they made it fun!

Profile Picture Alex, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Our wedding at the Palace Hotel was incredible thanks to Luxe, the band we booked through Hank Lane. The number one compliment we've received about the wedding was on our music and how this was the most fun wedding anyone has ever been to. No one was sitting at their tables all night because the action was happening on the dance floor. Not only was the event itself above and beyond expectations, but we were very impressed by the level of pre and post event communication to make sure that every single detail in the wedding timeline went off without a hitch. The band even learned special songs not included in their repertoire for our friends, which were a huge hit. The band was a big expense in our wedding, but worth every penny!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We used the Karen Lloyd Band for our wedding in June. They were INCREDIBLE!!! Karen is an incredible band leader. She met with us a few weeks before the wedding, and reviewed in detail all of our music wishes for the wedding. We had some wacky ideas, and she brainstormed with us to make sure they happened. Karen is beyond talent and extremely creative - her band did some great mash-ups at our wedding that felt unique and not like typical wedding music. Her band has incredible energy and kept people dancing through dinner! This is not your average wedding band - they made our wedding feel like a dance party concert. We cannot recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We had the pleasure of having Brooklyn Sound at our wedding at The Heritage Club in Bethpage on June 29th, 2018.

When we first started planning the wedding, we never thought of having a band. DJs are cheaper, they play the original songs and seemed to be the most common at weddings. It seemed like a no brainer to us.

That is, until we met with Hal from Hank Lane offices one night after work. After a 30 minute consultation, our minds had been changed. It was Brooklyn Sound or nothing.

Brooklyn Sound has both English and Spanish speaking singers, which worked perfectly for us. My wife is Colombian and wanted to have music played that her relatives could enjoy. Hank Lane promised that if Brooklyn Sound didn’t know the song, they could learn it.

The singers were top notch, they went from stage to dance floor, interacting with our guests and putting smiles on everyone’s face. They even learned a 90's vallenato song that my wife's family and friends loved!

Almost 2 months later, when we see our friends, they still can’t get over how good the band was.

We 100% recommend Jonny and Brooklyn Sound to anyone who wants to elevate their reception to the next level.

Thank you Jonny and everything you did for us.

We will remember that night forever.

Profile Picture Vivianna, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Marcus Reid Band of Hank Lane was incredible. Literally every single moment of the night people were dancing. I've already had three people ask me for my band's name so they can use them at their weddings! Thank you Marcus; we had so much fun. The memories of my my family, friends, husband and me singing and dancing all night will forever be ingrained in my memory. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Hank Lane made our beautiful wedding day the best day of our lives! Music was one of the most important aspects in wedding planning for my (now) husband and me and we knew that the Erik Marshall band was absolutely incredible from positive experiences at other weddings. What we weren't prepared for was how helpful Erik Marshall would be in choosing our music (and there's a TON of music you need to pick for all of the intricate parts of the ceremony and reception) to make the music playing during our wedding "feel" like us, as well as get everyone on their feet to dance. On the day of the wedding, we were COMPLETELY blown away - we (and all of our guests) felt like we were privy to an incredible one-in-a-lifetime concert that lasted for 5 hours. Our family and friends have been raving nonstop about our band since the wedding, which was almost a month ago. I barely left the dance floor the entire night and couldn't have been happier. Thank you SO much Hank Lane! xx

Profile Picture Molly, 6/23/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Obviously a venue can be beautiful but without a kickass band, the wedding is a bore. All of our guests keep ranting and raving about how amazing our band was (thanks Pete!) and how interactive they were with the guests and flexible they were with the music. We also needed an Israeli singer and he blended effortlessly into the band and played all the songs I requested in advance. Everyone was so easygoing and responsive throughout the whole process, I couldn't have been more grateful for Hank Lane. I would definitely use them again for any other future occasion!

Profile Picture Keren, 6/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

I can't recommend the Pete Saunders band highly enough!!!! My husband and I went to a wedding with them as the band, and we knew we had to look no further. As soon as we got engaged we booked Pete Saunders. We had a phone call with him a few weeks out which went perfectly, he knew exactly what we were imagining, was so knowledgable and fun to talk to--- and executed perfectly. From the specific ceremony music, to keeping the party alive the whole night!!! We have been getting phone calls all week about how incredible the band was! I'm pretty sure 2 of my engaged friends are going to book him from seeing them at our wedding. THANK YOU PETE & CREW!!!!!!!

Profile Picture jocelyn, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We recently (June 16th) held our daughter’s wedding at the Marriott Essex House Central Park; where we hired a Hank Lane band, Brooklyn Sound, for our event. Jonny Hirsch (band leader) and his Brooklyn Sound Band were simply spectacular!! We cannot come up with enough superlatives to tell you how GREAT Brooklyn Sound was. They had the dance floor going from start to finish with people begging for more at the end. Not only are our guests still raving about Brooklyn Sound and telling us, “They were the best wedding band ever!” but I am being asked to do another party just so we can have Brooklyn Sound play at it. Short and sweet, if you are planning any event and you want a band that will have your party rocking and dancing all night, then you are crazy if you do not hire Jonny Hirsch and his Brooklyn Sound Band from the Hank Lane organization. Additionally, he was a pleasure to work with before the wedding. The violinist that greeted our guests for the ceremony, the singer and instrumentalists that performed during the ceremony and the instrumentalists that played during our cocktail reception were fantastic and all from the Brooklyn Sound Band. I also highly recommend to spend the extra dollars and go with the 12 piece band Vs 10 piece – the sound and energy is awesome!

Profile Picture Mark, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

If you are looking for an amazing wedding band, look no further than the Frank Simmons Band!! Having a great band was the most important decision to my husband and me, and I can honestly say that choosing Frank and his band was BY FAR the best decision we made throughout our planning process. They are truly extraordinary!

Incredibly fun, high-energy, friendly, and accommodating - not to mention INSANELY TALENTED, both as a group and individually - their performance was absolutely top-notch. Every single person at our wedding was on our dance floor the entire night and were having so much fun that when the band told us they'd just played the last song, everyone was so devastated that we refused to leave and begged for an encore (which, true to form, Frank and his band happily obliged!) We've been to a lot of weddings and they're far and away the best band we've ever seen (and we're so grateful that it was at our own!). It's been about 2 weeks since our wedding and our friends are still reaching out to inquire about our band's name - everyone is dying to hire them themselves!

On a professional note, from the first moment we reached out to them over a year ago to the end of the last song played at our wedding, every person we worked with on their team was a dream. They are true professionals - super friendly, flexible and accommodating and worked with us to make sure we were getting exactly what we were hoping for and WAY more. And once we met Frank, it immediately became clear why: he is incredibly warm, upbeat, fun, and friendly (as well as an amazing musician), so it's no surprise that his team and entire band are the same way.

I could go on forever about the FSB, they are truly THAT good! Our wedding wouldn't have been half as fun without them, and we're eternally grateful to them for the memories they gave us! Many thanks to Frank and co.!!

If you are looking for the best wedding band out there, look no further than the Frank Simmons Band!

Profile Picture Christy, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had such a great experience with the Russ Bennett Band. Russ was so accommodating and had our guests rocking all night long! They played such a great variety of music - oldies, 80s, top 40, and to such a professional level! He was very helpful with out set list and made sure everyone was having a great time. Highly recommend!

- Viktoriya and Alex

Profile Picture Alexander, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Reception, Vocals

The Jeff Lubin Band of Hank Lane brought the whole night together! We could not have asked for a better band. Jeff and the band and the team at Hank Lane executed our vision and exceeded expectations. They struck the perfect balance between formal event and rocking out! They are incredibly talented, know how to orchestrate the perfect set list, pace the night, and get everyone out on the dance floor! Not only do the songs played by Jeff and the band continue to be stuck in our heads, but all our guests continue to tell us how great the band was at our wedding. Thank you Jeff!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't say enough good things about the band that we used!! We used Marcus Reid from Hank Lane and I am so glad that we did! Marcus was so attentive and friendly and took the time to listen to what music we liked and what we wanted. He followed the crowd and did not stop playing until dinner and we NEEDED to stop for speeches. He kept giving the crowd what they wanted and kept the party going. People are still talking about it ! I really hope that one of my friends hires him so that we can see them ( and hear them) again! If you are in between two bands, use Marcus Reid - they will NOT disappoint!!!

Marcus was so flexible and accommodating- I really wanted him to play Uncle Johns band from the Grateful Dead for the dad-daughter dance since that is mine and my dads song. If anyone knows the song- it is really not a slow dance song and definitely not typical for a dad-daughter dance. When I explained the meaning of the song, Marcus told me not to worry and that he would learn the song and play an acoustic version to make it work. Not only did he play it, he played it EXTREMELY well!! My dad told me after that it was one of the highlights of his life :-)

Profile Picture chelsey, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Choosing our band was one of our most important decisions - it can really make or break a wedding reception. We initially chose the Jenna Wynne Band for our Memorial Day weekend NYC wedding because they didn't sound like the typical wedding band. There was something fresh and fun about their energy and sound. Then, meeting Jenna sealed the deal. She was so nice and accommodating and was able to understand our "vibe" and the type of atmosphere we wanted to create for our reception. During our reception, Jenna was able to read and interact with our crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor packed all night. She also nailed all of the songs for our special dances and our requests. Everyone had so much fun and raved about the band and we couldn't agree more.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brooklyn Sound and the band leader Jonny were beyond amazing! It is hard for me to properly thank them enough or find the right accolades to express how amazing the band was at my son's wedding, but I will try. The song selection was wonderful...the singers were fantastic...the musicians talented...the excitement and energy the band infused into the room was palpable. I have received numerous calls and texts praising Brooklyn Sound and the band members. It was a pleasure to work the band leading up to the wedding and they delivered more than we could have hoped for.

Profile Picture Lori, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Let me say that the Clara Jordan band was AMAZING. Every guest I have talked to agrees that they were absolutely exceptional. They knew how to keep the party going while still MCing the night perfectly. They played every request we had (which were numerous and it was so meaningful that they were so accomodating) and everyone was singing along at the top of their lungs all night. I LOVE to dance and party, and I couldn’t have imagined a better band to party along with. It was also obvious that they enjoyed playing together, which made it that much better.

Also, they were able to allow us to practice our first dance during the cocktail hour, making last minute adjustments to the intro and tempo to meet our needs. Our first dance was absolutely magical, all thanks to them!!

Finally, they managed the wedding guests so perfectly. They were respectful of people making requests, but firm in adhering to mine and my husband’s wishes. I didn’t even realize I would need that on my wedding night, but Clara had my back the whole time!

Thank you so much for working with us, it was an absolute dream. I will recommend you to everyone I come across who needs a band for any event!

Profile Picture Claire, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Marcus Reid Band is EVERYTHING. No one sat down the entire night of our wedding - they made the night so amazing and special. They took all of our thoughts and made them a reality.

Profile Picture dani, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews