Hank Lane Music Reviews

Hank Lane Music 5
Hank Lane Music 6
Hank Lane Music 7

Lauren · Getting married on 10/17/2020

My fiancé and I recently had our engagement party on June 9 and we hired a Hank Lane band for our music for the night. The band was absolutely amazing! They created such a great energy in the room that everybody was up and dancing all night! I love how the band interacts with the guests and gets everybody up. The staff at the office was so sweet and kept in contact with me throughout the whole process to make sure that every detail and music selection was to our liking. Hank Lane made our night and a party to remember. I am still getting rave reviews from our guests about how amazing the lead singer Melodie Ray was and the entire band. We will definitely be going back to them when we plan our wedding !

Sent on 06/11/2018

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you Lauren for the fab review of Melodie Ray's band...and for sharing some photos, too!
    -Hank Lane Music

Monica Grzelak · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Beyond amazing

The Brad Baker Band was beyond phenomenal at our wedding! From light music at cocktail hour to rocking at the reception- they were amazing. They were personable, fun, energetic and made our wedding a blast. Would definitely recommend

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Amy

Amy S · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Steve Delisi Band

The Steve Delisi Band performed at my wedding recently and blew everyone away! Their energy is unbelievable and they are able to get people to the dance floor. Steve has an innate ability to feel out the crowd and tailor their set to what people are responding to the most. They're able to play music across genres incredibly well. Out of everything at our wedding we surely got the most compliments on Steve and his band. Steve was amazing to work with, and we would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you very much Amy! We're glad Steve was such a great fit for you! It would be an honor to work with you again!

Norman L · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic Wedding Band!!!

Jonny and Brooklyn Sound were an amazing band to have at our wedding. Jonny was working with us from the very beginning and guided us every step of the way. Their sound and energy gets everyone on the dance floor! Seriously, the band was the talk of town during and after the wedding. Brooklyn Sound is a decision you won't regret. It'll make your wedding day that much more unforgettable!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Shaynna Herrera · Married on 10/12/2019

Hands down the absolute BEST at hank lane!!

If you’ve ever gone to a wedding with a hank lane band, you already know they are THE BEST. There is no question and no competition! But nothing could’ve prepared me for how absolutely perfect the Kenny Ford band was at our wedding. Everyone was blown away!! Everyone is still taking about it!! While dancing the night away,
    one of my bridesmaids even said to me, “ok, your band is the best, even better than mine”. The whole experience with Hank Lane was exceptional. They are very professional, responsive and very very easy to work with. We personally chose the Kenny Ford band when Kenny sang ants marching by the Dave Matthews Band.... when we heard that voice we knew we had to have him. They listened to all of our requests and incorporated all of the various genres and decades of music we wanted - everything from Britney Spears to Frank Sinatra. Everything was PERFECT. I could go on and on, but just know that if you hire the Kenny Ford band you will be BLOWN AWAY and your guests will say, hands down, that it’s the best band they’ve ever heard at a wedding - that’s guaranteed!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/12/2019

NOCTURNE BAND - the best wedding band we've ever experienced!!

I feel so lucky that I discovered Nocturne during my meeting with Hank Lane. I've seen many wonderful Hank Lane bands at other weddings, but I wanted to do something different than what my friends did. Nocturne delivered on everything I was hoping for - amazing voices, ability to play a variety of genres, and being true performers vs. just standing on the stage the whole night. They really are true performers - our guests were dancing facing the band as if they were at a concert! The band members were down on the dance floor and at the tables interacting with the guests, which resulted in everyone getting on the dance floor and staying there all night. Our guests came up to us telling us how impressed they were with the band, including couples that used other Hank Lane bands for their weddings and a friend who has a degree in music and knows how to spot talented musicians. One couple also told us they wanted to book Nocturne for their own wedding. They played everything from Rihanna to Tom Petty to Frank Sinatra seamlessly and Frank and Mel were so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. Nocturne truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan Ross Coaching · Married on 10/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Josh was AMAZING. I had several friends and family members come up to me during my wedding and inform me how impressed they were with our band. Josh has the voice of an angel and runs an amazing show.
    My wife and I loved having him. He knows how to throw a great party and provide a fantastic experience.

• Z

Zoe Markowitz · Married on 10/05/2019

Best band ever!

From start the finish, our experience with Hank Lane and The Jeff Lubin Band was top notch. We spent time at their office, talking about what we love in a wedding band and then watched music videos of ones they thought would match our vibe. Let's just say, they nailed it! Jeff was so easy to work with and his band's performance was one for the ages. Every guest commented on how amazing the band was! We can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Hank Lane Music 8
    Hank Lane Music 9
  • Cara

Cara Cullinan · Married on 10/05/2019

Brooklyn sound- hank lane music

I really can't emphasize it enough how fantastic Brooklyn Sound was at our wedding. I had heard them play at another wedding so booking them was the easiest part of wedding planning. The dance floor was packed all night and made our wedding the party we were hoping it would be! They also played our ceremony and cocktail hour which were both outside and they took care of all the sound for it. Brooklyn Sound and Hank Lane were a dream to work with every step of the way. Hank Lane helped us with staging and lighting too and gave us fantastic recommendations. Brooklyn Sound's Jonny was there to help us with song choices for our processional and recessional and worked with us so smoothly when we changed our intro song. Seriously the best night ever thanks to them!!

K Confino · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible!

Sugar Lane from Hank Lane performed at our daughter’s wedding this weekend at Gurney’s in Montauk. Wow, they were beyond great, no one wanted to sit down. The quality of their voices, movements, song choices and renditions were so professional that they far exceeded our expectations. Chioma is truly at another level. Our guests can’t stop talking about them!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Taylor Delrue · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible!

Josh Greyson- Hank Lane
    Not quite sure I can put into words the amazing impact Josh and his band had on our wedding, but I will try. From the very beginning, Josh, my husband, and I hit it off even from out of state! He knew exactly what kind of vibe we wanted and it was apparent how willing and ready he was to make our day perfect. Everybody knows that the music is one of the most important aspects of the wedding and really determines how the night will go. Well let me say, everyone was coming up to us raving how amazing the band was and how amazing their night was. Josh is not only an astonishing MC but also an incredible singer. I remember thinking at some point during our first dance, “I can’t tell if he’s singing or playing the song” and for a song by Ed Sheeran, you know that means hes damn good! We told Josh we wanted a party and he threw us a party. I would recommend Josh and his band 12/10 times.

Sam Blank · Married on 09/14/2019

Jeff Lubin Band

Wow. Jeff and his seven mates made our son’s wedding spectacular. The music was great, current and had our guests dancing with Joy. As a former disc-jockey with WNEW-FM I know the importance of musical selection segues. Jeff seamlessly blended all our requests after speaking for two hours with our son.
    This band was the best I have seen and heard and I rate them PERFECT!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Hank Lane Music 10
    Hank Lane Music 11
  • Melissa

Melissa Hantman Waldman · Married on 09/14/2019

SUGAR LANE - The most amazing Hank Lane Band

No words are enough!!! My husband and I got married this past weekend 9.14.19. Chioma and Sugar Lane were the talk of the wedding right from the start. Let’s put it this way- after the first 10 minutes of the reception, my mom told us that 40 people had already come up to her saying how amazing they were and asking for their contact information for the future. It is now Wednesday and I am still receiving nonstop text messages and phone calls asking for Sugar Lane Band’s information. The lead member Chioma and all of the bands members are full of energy, have amazing skill, and they are the nicest people ever. They are magical and memorable. Along with our family and friends, we did not stop dancing from the moment the reception began to the moment it ended. We HIGHLY recommend Sugar Lane Band and Hank Lane for your next event, and we promise they will not disappoint! We could not have made a better choice. Thank you so much to Hank Lane Productions and Sugar Lane for making our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha Avanessians · Married on 09/07/2019

A Magical New York Evening

Jonny and the entire Brooklyn Sound team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made everything easy and seamless from day one. They know exactly how to get people out of their chairs and on the dance floor, and are pros at reading the room. I don’t think my now husband sat down once! Thank you to the entire band for the most magical evening.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Joan · Married on 09/01/2019

Brooklyn Sound !

Brooklyn Sound, from Hank Lane, who played for our daughter's wedding on 9/1/19, was fabulous ! They had everyone dancing for 4 hours and made the party. We have received so many compliments on how phenomenal they were. They were fun and easy to work with, and really read the crowd well. Brooklyn Sound was the perfect choice and we were thrilled with them.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • A&B

Brooke · Married on 08/31/2019

So much fun! Kept the party going all night!!

We hired Josh and his band/DJ hybrid for our reception and it was killer. Everyone had such a blast the entire reception and to be honest I’m not even sure how much he DJed!! To us and all of our guests, we felt like we had a full band but still with the flexibility of a DJ. I definitely recommend the DJ/Band hybrid if you want the live music vibe but also need your millennial pop to be played too ;)

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Esposito · Married on 08/31/2019

The HIT of the night

Wedding was about 10 days ago and we are STILL getting such rave reviews about using this company. We had Artie Stuart as our band and we couldn't have been happier with the choice. They went above and beyond and kept with the mood of the entire night. WE ARE STILL ON CLOUD 9 OVER THIS BAND!! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Lauren Katz · Married on 08/17/2019

Russ Bennett Band!

Booking the Russ Bennett band was one of the best decisions I made though the entire wedding planning process. I’ll start by saying one of our guests came up to us at the end of the wedding and said “your band deserves a Grammy”. This is just one of the MANY compliments Russ and his band received. Incredible doesn’t even begin to explain how amazing he made our wedding. They know how to read the room and kept people on the dance floor the entire night. My biggest concern about our wedding was that people wouldn’t be dancing. But honestly, if you book Russ, that’s not a possibility. They set the bar HIGH when it comes to music. I don’t think I couldn’t have picked a better band if I tried. If you have any doubts on who you should hire, Russ Bennett band is the answer.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Richard

Richard · Married on 08/17/2019

Pick this Company

So we decided to go with Hank Lane since my wifes sister is in the wedding planning business and she said they were legit. We hired Hank Lane for a guitarists/vocalists for the ceremony and cocktail hour and then a DJ for our reception. We live in Colorado so did all the meeting via video chat and phone calls. Everything went so smoothly from our first initial meeting and all the way through to the end of the reception. We were originally supposed to have Josh Greyson play the guitar and DJ the reception but he had something come up, which he then recommended Jonathan who actually did Josh's wedding. Both the guitarist and Jonathan were extremely professional and crushed their jobs. Jonathan did an amazing job reading the audience and playing songs that got everyone up and dancing. It was great because he did not speak too much, like at a club, but did not speak too little, it was perfect. He is great at his job and if you are looking for a DJ or anything musical for your wedding, you can not go wrong choosing this vendor. Overall 10 out of 10

Sent on 10/13/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2019

Frank simmons by hank lane made our party!~!

We walked into the Hank Lane office in NYC with NO idea what to expect. We were so nervous about finding the most killer band and had no expectations for what we would find there. What we found in our first meeting with this entertainment company was a plethora of amazing musicians and top notch performers who were KILLING the wedding game.

We landed on Frank Simmons and I am SO happy we did. Frank and his group are truly some of the best performers I have ever seen at a wedding!!! Every single person in attendance was floored at their epic performances all night.

They NEVER let the music stop. They get the people dancing, dance with the crowd, take cues from the audiences and are literally some of the most amazing singers out there.

I was SO excited to have them slay our wedding, and SLAY they did.

Thank you Hank Lane + Frank Simmons. I wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Elizabeth Kelberg · Married on 08/05/2019

Jenna Wynne Band was AMAZING!

Jenna Wynne Band was AMAZING. We kicked off the night with a packed dance floor... and ended the night with everyone chanting "one more song"! The highlight for me - was "Shout" - b/c the entire group was on the ground when we got 'softer now' :) SO SO fun. Got compliments all night from guests. Lots of top 40, which is exactly what we asked for! Especially love how she and her male vocalist came onto the dance floor with us to sing and dance with the group. Also, I requested a song to Jenna mid-set and it was the very next song they performed! Simply put, her band made the night!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you for your great review. We loved working with you and being apart of your May Wedding at the Central Park Boathouse!

Brooke · Married on 08/03/2019

The best wedding band ever

We had the Karen Lloyd Band of Hank Lane play at our wedding on July 27th, 2019 and they are 10/10 amazing, so fun, would recommend to anyone who is willing to spend a bit more on their wedding band!! They were great to work with from the beginning- quick to email, scheduled FaceTime meetings on our schedules. On the day they did our ceremony music and sound and were willing to play our exact choices. They also were playing continuously through the entire reception. They were flexible to our needs and so excited and upbeat when planning. Karen crushed it being our MC and did a beautiful job introducing all our speakers. Everyone said they had so much fun dancing with the band- they played all our requests and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Alison · Married on 07/27/2019

Jeff lubin band - the most premium band of them all

I had my wedding reception in July 2019 at the Loeb Central Park Boathouse. The venue, décor, and food were all premium….but it was Jeff Lubin and his band that made the night incredible. Jeff met with us beforehand (the meeting lasted hours, simply because we were having so much fun), and then he reached out multiple times before the wedding to touch base and answer any questions.

I needed a wedding band to perfectly execute songs from a wide range of music genres; i.e. classic rock songs (both for me, and my music obsessed father), Frank Sinatra ballads (because who’s better than Sinatra?), and most importantly, a whole lot of pop songs to get the crowd dancing. Well, I kid you not, we almost sunk the Boathouse’s dance floor into the lake. And then, after we almost sunk the dance floor into the lake, I think I saw a few tears from the geriatrics in the crowd (ok, and me too), when Jeff morphed into Robert Plant and sang Led Zeppelin’s “Over the Hills and Far Away”.

It’s now October, and I still have wedding guests raving to me about this band. Jeff Lubin is incredible, and his band can do it all. You won’t regret booking them.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Aaron · Married on 07/14/2019

Best Band Ever!

The Dylan Matthews Band was the BEST! They kept our guests on the dance floor all night long, played our requests, and kept everyone having a great time!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Pauline · Married on 07/13/2019

Jeff Lubin band from Hank Lane - the best!

We used Jeff Lubin from Hank Lane and we could not have been happier with the choice. Jeff was wonderful to work with - taking the time ahead of our wedding to understand our music taste, what vibe we were looking for - and the result was spectacular. Everyone danced the whole night, and it was so much fun! Could not recommend Hank Lane and Jeff Lubin enough!

Sent on 08/15/2019