475 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

Liability Insurance (13)
Lighting (9)
Rehearsal Dinner (3)
475 Hank Lane Music Reviews

We had the Brooklyn Sound perform at our wedding just a few nights ago and I can honestly say that Saturday was the best night of our lives and this band was a huge reason why. We wish we had to opportunity thank each member individually, as they all kept the party alive all night.

Their bandleader, Jonny, was so attentive to our every request and suggestion, he made everything happen as we envisioned it. While our guests all loved the music, they didn't get to appreciate the amount of coordination that Jonny and his team put in during the weeks and months before the wedding. Most impressively, Jonny had the patience of a saint while trying to organize our crazy and tipsy wedding party before we did introductions.

We had a large Spanish/Cuban contingent in our audience, and they played such an amazing Latin set, it had every guest on the dance floor. From Latin to Motown to Bowie to Avicii, the Brooklyn Sound could do it all. They were also very kind in adapting their schedule and allowing my cousin the opportunity to perform, which meant to world to my family. I've heard "best band ever" more times than I can count.

They were all so talented and fun and it couldn't be more obvious that the Brooklyn Sound really enjoys performing, which is all we could really ask for. We will also recommend them to our friends, but doing that selfishly so we get to see them perform again! Thank you again from Roxanne and Mark!

Profile Picture Mark, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We cannot say enough great things about Hank Lane and The Frank Simmons Band! We had an amazing experience from the beginning when we met with the sales team to select a perfect band for our wedding. They helped us pick a band that fit all the criteria we were looking for. Throughout our planning process, they were always available to answer any questions we had. The coordinators for The Frank Simmons Band were amazing when helping us put together the final details for our big day! We had a few special requests and there was no issue pulling them off! Frank Simmons helped us pull off some surprises throughout the night, including letting my husband sing with the band! Our guests were dancing the entire night and the band kept everyone engaged and energized all night long! Thank you Frank and your amazing band for making our night perfect!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Clara Jordan Band was hands down, the most amazing ever!! Everyone was absolutely amazing at Hank Lane. From our first meeting with Ian, to my correspondence with Stephanie, to finally meeting Clara. I felt that they were always on the same page with our guests and my husband and I. There were some major storms in our area throughout the week. Our beautiful venue did not skip a beat and was running on generators. None of out guests would have guessed that they didn't have power. However, I had a minor meltdown when the generator failed right before our formal introductions. Clara was in the middle of going over names and the power shut off. She remained calm, cool and collected. Her energy allowed me to remain calm. And the band just started playing very loudly to mask the power outage. Even though it was for only a couple of minutes, Clara and her band's level of professionalism was truly astonishing. The Clara Jordan band interacted with guests, played appropriate music based on the timing of the night and even played my husband and my favorite song "This Must Be the Place" by The Talking Heads. I will never forget the energy and positivity in the room with Clara's band being the catalyst for it all. All of the singers and band members were absolutely AMAZING!! We had guests coming up to us all night and afterwards raving about this band. Thank you Hank Lane and Clara for adding to the best day of our lives--I didn't want it to end! You will truly be missing out if you do not have the Clara Jordan Band at your wedding!

Profile Picture Krystalle, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Working with Hank Lane Music was a breeze from start to finish. My mother and father in-law and I went into the office looking for a band that fit all the needs for us and our guests. We each rated the bands that were presented to us, without sharing our results until the end of the presentation. We unanimously chose the band LUXE, because of their amazing talent, variety, and stage presence. We went with LUXE, and signed contracts on the same day. Fast forward to the upcoming weeks before the wedding, and the band leader Frank reached out to me to go over absolutely everything and anything to know for the night of the wedding. Frank has a natural knack to put the planner (me) at ease, he is a great person to work with! Frank and I spoke about what kind of music my fiancé and I preferred, the type of music our guests would like to dance to, and what I feel most important: the flow of the evening. Frank and his band are known not only for their exceptional talent, but also for getting people on the dance floor utilizing the flow of music throughout the night. Frank was also extremely accommodating to our family’s requests, such as playing certain songs at specific times, and incorporating my cousin who is a professional musician into their performance. There were no surprises at the wedding because Frank had laid out the schedule of the reception that we created together in advance. Every single guest at the wedding, including my husband and I were so impressed and pleased with LUXE. I can personally guarantee that if you have LUXE perform at your event, you will not be let down, and you will have the absolute best time!

Profile Picture Raquel, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

We worked with the Michael Hart band and they were unbelievable!! Having the best band around and keeping everyone on the dance floor was very important to us and they did nothing but exceed our already high expectations. We worked with Lori at Hank Lane to narrow down the list of bands but once we saw the video of the Michael Hart band we knew that they were perfect. We even finalized our wedding date based on Michael Hart's availability. I'm still hearing from friends and family about how this was hands down the best band they have every seen - including "10 times better than Justin Timberlake's performance at the Super Bowl" (which was the next day). I would also recommend going for an electric fiddle in the band - our fiddler was amazing and it really comes across as unique compared to other wedding bands I've seen. Michael was fabulous to work with and such a great guy - they were able to play everything from Barry White to Zedd and everything in between. All around such a positive experience - everyone needs to use this band!

Profile Picture Amanda, 2/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Since our wedding, almost four weeks ago, I have been trying to find the right words to write this review – but in reality, the Marcus Reid Band left us speechless. When we first hired Marcus Reid - I thought it was too good to be true, I thought “what’s the catch?”! So just to make sure I read a few reviews - one review really stood out in the beginning of the planning process and still sticks out to this day. The review said “How many decisions do we have to make when planning a wedding? Only hundreds, right? Well, let me help you make the best and easiest decision you will make by hiring The Marcus Reid Band for your wedding.” It’s 100% true! The Marcus Reid Band puts on the most memorable show – and I say that because although they are a wedding band, they put on a live concert. Many of our friends had Hank Lane bands at their weddings or have been to weddings with Hank Lane bands – each one has said that Marcus Reid Band is the BEST they have seen. Our guests didn’t want to leave at the end of the night and even started chanting “ONE MORE SONG”! Besides being an incredible band leader – Marcus is the nicest person with the GREATEST energy and a pleasure to work with. Hey Marcus, when can we do it again?!

Profile Picture Kristen, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals

We could not have been happier that we chose to work with Josh Greyson and his team from Hank Lane. From the start, Josh was a professional, kind and humble. We had no doubt that he would make our day amazing. The string trio played beautiful music during our ceremony and then Josh kept the dancing going all night! We had so many compliments about the music and it was clear he was experienced. We are thankful we made this choice!

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

LUXE performed at our wedding on 1.13.2018. There was not a single guest that we spoke to that did not rave about their performance. No one wanted to leave the dance floor. They gave us everything we wanted which was a high energy event. They were amazing and made our wedding. They exceeded all of our expectations and we are so happy we chose them. Frank, the band leader, was easy to work with and listening to all of our requests. We spoke to him a few times before our wedding and everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding would not have been the same without LUXE. Thank you LUXE!!!

Profile Picture Renee, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our plans and dreams came true for our January wedding with the Michael Hart band. We worked with Spencer Kaufman at Hank Lane Music in NYC. He took the time to listen to our must haves and desired. We previewed 6-8 groups from the bands they represent. From there we narrowed the list.. We selected the Michael Hart band. But Spencer remembered we liked 80-90's rock, so he suggested special visit by Chandler Mogel. We loved the tight vocals and the the rock violin and brass. Michael Hart met with us a month before. We were so confident and Michael and team did not disappoint. From the ceremony thru cocktails and thru the night, we had energy and fun in the house Everything went smoothly, It was high energy from start to finish. Our family and friends still talk about how amazing the band was!!! We were blown away excitement and professionalism. We told Michael Hart that this was his show and have fun and my guests will be excited, and they were, it was amazing music and we couldn't have been happier with the result. Non stop sound from 6pm till midnight. If you get a chance to use Michael Hart or Chandler you will not go wrong. But do take the time to look up Spencer. I and sure he can help zero in on the right group for you. He most definitely did for us.

Profile Picture mike, 1/14/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with Hank Lane and DJ Jonathan! From the beginning, the team was super responsive and made everything easy. Working directly with DJ Jonathan was so fun - he completely understood our "vision" and the biggest comment from guests was that there were no bad songs! We had a few complicated cuts in our ceremony music, which he handled with ease. He also was like a friend at the ceremony, making sure we were happy, making sure we knew what was coming next, etc. Highly recommend for a wedding if you want your guests to have a fantastic time!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 1/13/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Josh our Dj along with the fabulous 3 musicians who performed along with him at our sons wedding were absolutely amazing!!! They made the wedding perfect!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hank Lane should be your only Band that you book! They're the best sounding, live band out there - and Pete Saunders band is one of the best, and nicest ones around!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

My best friend and bridesmaid recommended Marcus Reid Band to me after she saw them at her close friend's wedding. She has always been in the music scene and said they were the best she had ever seen. Naturally since I have always respected her music taste, my husband and I met with Marcus directly (we were randomly matched up with him for our appointment) and we knew there was no other choice for our wedding on 12/16/17. Marcus is so personable and full of life and that is just off stage. On stage, he is the ultimate performer and the most fun and talented force! Not only is he amazing, but his band and the other singers are just as talented. We had him perform with a 7 piece band and honestly it felt like a 15 piece band. We can't begin to count how many people came over to us during our wedding dying over how amazing the band was. We couldn't even find a moment to sit down because the song choices and music were that incredible that you had to be on the dance floor. At the end of the night after the band performed their last song, the entire dance floor started chanting one more song until the band played Shout! to close it out. It was truly epic and we know that they made the party what it was. We cannot recommend them enough and we just want to praise Marcus again and again for what he does!

Profile Picture Casi, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We heard the Marcus Reid Band at a friends' wedding, and essentially picked our wedding date based on their availability. Their talent and energy is mesmerizing. They are worth the money if you can afford them.

Profile Picture User7575897, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Band

I am writing to absolutely rave about the extraordinary Russ Bennett Band, who made our wedding reception a night of incredible music and dancing!! It was very important to us that our guests were on the dance floor all night long and that the music was fun, varied, and something everyone raved about. We had been to multiple weddings with Hank Lane bands and always found them to be exceptional, so we knew exactly where to go to find our band. And we were just so lucky to get to have Russ Bennett's band!! From our epic 19 minute hora, to how gorgeous Russ's vocals sounded on our first dance (Everything, Michael Bublé), to all three other incredible vocalists who just had us all dancing like crazy to songs from all genres, to every top notch instrumentalist - just wow. These guys are beyond talented, and a joy to work with. We had the 8 piece band and they sounded incredible. From start to finish we had the best experience working with Hank Lane and with Russ Bennett and his band. Russ was just fantastic at our wedding reception (he is so lovely), checking in from time to time with me and my husband and just making sure the night was going perfectly, which it did. Couldn't recommend more for anyone who wants to dance the night away! Thank you so much, Russ & all!!

Profile Picture Felicia, 12/2/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

From the ceremony, the cocktail hour and of course the party, Russ Bennett Band made our party! They kept the place rocking from start to finish! Russ was wonderful to work with and listened to what the Bride & Groom's preferences! His band was professional and created an atmosphere of celebration and joy! Everyone of our guests raved about them. We were thrilled and we thank Russ and his band for making this night one we will never forget!

Profile Picture BETH, 11/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We cannot express in words how amazing Jonny Hirsch and his band Brooklyn Sound executed our entire wedding night. We had a lot of very detailed special requests, and had high expectations after they performed at my brother’s wedding (1 year before), and they exceeded all expectations. I surprised my bride with a song that the band accompanied me on. Jonny worked with me over calls and emails prior to our big day to execute this perfectly.

Brooklyn Sound kept everyone dancing all night. So many guests have already asked who the band was because they were so impressed with their energy, talent, and ability to play such eclectic styles of music. Jonny was extremely flexible and professional to work with.

Hank Lane made the entire night magical from start to finish. The violin/keyboard during the ceremony was incredible as well as the Jewish duo we added that created such a high energetic memorable set.

Using Hank Lane is a no brainer, and Brooklyn Sound was the perfect high energy band that made our night.

Profile Picture Michael, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our wedding was November 18th 2017 and we were SO happy that we decided to go with Luxe from Hank Lane. From the beginning we decided music was our number one priority and we took picking a band very seriously. Luxe made all of our dreams come true and BLEW everyone away. We are now a month out and people are still asking us who our band was and saying the music was incredible. Frank was fantastic throughout the planning process and always answered any questions we had. He got to know us and understood what we wanted right from the start. The music the entire night kept getting better and better...the songs were UNREAL and everyone danced all night long. We highly recommend Luxe and have nothing but wonderful things to say.. they made our wedding fabulous and we cant thank them enough!!

Profile Picture Caylen, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We had The Carlos Estrella Band perform at our wedding in Brooklyn in November, and they were just fabulous -- better than we could even have hoped. The dance floor was packed the whole night. A ton of our guests told us how amazing they thought the band was; they are total pros. Carlos was really flexible, responsive, and easy to work with. The band learned our special requests and made the whole night run smoothly. Everyone had a blast. Hiring them was one of the best decisions we made!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Steve Delisi Band is part of HL. This is the third time we (daughter saw him at a separate wedding from when we saw him) saw Steve’s band. He was outstanding. He brought the entire crowd on the dance floor. And kept the action high. The musicians and other singers were outstanding. I cannot say enough about the night.

Profile Picture nicole, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Working with Hank Lane was a no brainer. All of my friends have used a Hank Lane band for their wedding (each different ones) and honestly they all sounded great and played awesome music. When it came time to choosing a band for our wedding we went straight to Hank Lane and didn’t think twice. We worked with Ian who completely understood the music my husband and I wanted for our special day (some top 40, awesome 90s, 80s and even some 70s) we wanted music our friends and parents could dance to with also some unexpected classics. He suggested the Kenny Ford band and once we saw a snippet of their work we knew they’d be perfect. We then saw them at our friends wedding months later we knew they were the right band for us. We also signed them for ceremony and cocktail hour. To me having a great band is essential for a wedding - they make the party. No words can express how amazing Kenny and the band were. They sounded absolutely awesome, they had everyone dancing all night, and they played songs I didn’t expect a band would (or even could) play and they killed them. They made my wedding perfect and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. They also did a wonderful job with our ceremony and cocktail hour - we had a not typical song (Jungleland by Bruce Springsteen) for the groom and bridal party walk down and they really did an amazing job with it. I recommend Hank Lane as a company and HIGHLY recommend the Kenny Ford band!

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

We originally planned on going with a live band. A friend of mine mentioned Hank Lane and they have different types of bands for different budgets. We made an appointment with Josh Greyson (Boorum) in their NYC office. Such a great guy and we immediately hit it off. He showed us some great bands and we discussed options for both live bands and DJ. The bands were a bit out of our price range so Josh suggested to go with a DJ and maybe have live music at the cocktail hour. We had several conversations with Josh and he was super patient. We were so impressed with Josh that we asked if he would DJ our wedding (which he did) and when we found out he played the guitar (which I was a huge fan of) we had to have Josh be the entertainer for our entire wedding. BEST DECISION EVER!!! We gave Josh suggestions of musicians and types of music and he ran with it. Our dance floor was NEVER empty and my husband and I danced the night away. We could not have asked for a better entertainer and DJ to make our wedding day perfect! Thank you DJ Josh - you are AWESOME!!!!

Profile Picture stefanie, 11/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

These guys are GREAT! The band I used for the wedding (Clara Barton Band I think?) was incredible; they perfectly covered the wide variety of music we wanted: Skynard, The Eagles, The Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, etc. There was no room on the dance floor and it got everyone (including my 95 year old Great Uncle) dancing like crazy. Even before the big day, they took care to reach out well in advance and discuss my playlist of ideas, confirm details, and promptly and professionally handled all questions I had (had never been to a wedding with a band before and didn’t quite know what to expect). No doubt it made the reception, maybe even the whole wedding. Would hire again and would recommend to literally anyone.

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

My husband and I got married in October. Choosing Hank Lane was, I think, the best wedding decision we made. Brooklyn Sound was out of this world amazing. They can pretty much play anything, and they are complete pros. Almost three months later, we are still receiving non-stop compliments about how incredible our wedding band sounded. The band was so lively, and had everyone up and dancing the entire night. They even came out into the crowd and interacted with us on the dance floor. We had the difficult task of planning a wedding from overseas, and band leader Jonny, and the rest of the team at Hank Lane were so helpful and accommodative, since we couldn't be there to meet in person. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/27/17, 1 Review