Handyboys Event Production, DJ & Lighting Services Reviews

13 | Lakeville, CT

13 Reviews for Handyboys Event Production, DJ & Lighting Services

Michaela · Married on 09/08/2019

Amazing work!

Using handyboys for the lighting for my wedding was a great choice. Troy was a pleasure to work with. We spoke on the phone multiple times so he understood what my vision was for my lighting. He was flexible and worked hard to make my vision come to life while also staying with my budget. He was responsive and super professional. The lighting was the perfect finishing touch for my reception. I would recommend Troy and handyboys to anyone who anyone who needs lighting and wants to know the job will be done well. You wont be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ella · Married on 07/07/2018

We used Troy for lighting at our July 2018 wedding at Lion Rock Farm. Troy was referred to us by our caterer and florist who frequently work at the Farm and they described Troy as a reliable, consistent and seasoned option to tackle our lighting needs for our tent wedding. We were looking for fairly basic lighting – a dance floor wash and two hoop chandeliers to go around the poles of the tent. We interviewed other lighting companies who didn’t quite have the exact chandelier option I envisioned or were too expensive for the basic lighting we were looking for. When we spoke to Troy, it was clear that he was familiar with the Farm and he was more than willing to create a custom chandelier for us and understood our vision for a simple dancefloor wash. Further, he had worked with our florist countless time and the process to wrap the chandelier with greenery was seamless. Troy was very communicative through the process and was present the entire wedding weekend. His services perfectly fulfilled our lighting needs, he was a pleasure to work with and he is a fraction of the price of other lighting companies out of NYC or Fairfield County.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • LIZ

LIZ L · Married on 06/30/2018

Outdoor event lighting

Troy and his team at Handyboys worked really hard to make our event shine.
    We had our wedding outdoors on family land and needed lighting for the sail tent, the grounds around the reception area and near a field, we used for parking. All of it was executed to a high standard and looked great once it got dark.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2018

Troy from Handyboys Ent was literally the backbone of our wedding in CT this past June. We feel so lucky to have gotten connected with him after we booked our venue in the beginning of our planning process. He is so professional and he really became not just a vendor throughout the planning process but a friend! He puts his heart and soul into his business and you can tell from the quality you get. We used him for lighting, tent wiring for floral installations, DJ'ing and other miscellaneous things and he delivered on all accounts. Often times when one company does so many different things- they can be a "jack of all trades, master of none", so we worried about this but Handyboys seriously mastered it all and knocked it out of the park. I would HIGHLY recommend using this vendor for DJing (seriously killed it everyone was on the dance floor all night), lighting, and tent installments if you are getting married in the CT/NY/MA area. SO happy that we did.

Sent on 07/25/2018

amy · Married on 07/28/2017

We used HandyBoys for string lighting in our tent, they made it incredibly easy, made all the arrangements with the venue, were super responsive, Troy is awesome. Our lighting was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. True professionals.

Sent on 08/17/2017
  • User3029789 · event on: 01/11/2013

We have used the HandyBoys for middle school and high school dances. Troy always does a great job and the kids have a great time. It is usually tough to spend regular DJ prices for school events because our budgets are so limited- nonetheless we have always had a great time.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Arend · Married on 10/06/2012

Handy Boys came through in every possible way, providing excellent lighting, music, and MCing. Troy did an excellent job reading the crowd, matching the music to the crowd and ensuring that the dancefloor was always full. We were 100% satisfied with HandyBoys and would readily recommend them to anybody.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Dear Troy,
    I wanted to thank you for the amazing job that you did for the wedding of Ines Peschiera on October 6th.
    Not only was the space challenging but you jumped in and helped us create a high energy, cool dance floor that all the guests wanted to be on.
    The lighting that you suggested was perfect and I am so impressed on how you figured out to hang it from the barn rafters.

The bride had asked for a very eclectic musical selection and I think you managed to get to every request and you responded to the crowd and what they
    were enjoying - since the guests were dancing till 2:30 in the morning - 3 hours of overtime - it is obvious that they were loving the music and the energy.

I especially want to thank you for how willing you were to help me set up and turn a historic barn with no electricity into a beautiful wedding reception.
    I look forward to the next time we can work together.

Hang in there!

914-907-0663/mobile
    www.vandahighevents.com

Sent on 10/23/2012

joe · event on: 02/02/2013

Troy was prepared, asking me questions beforehand to better understand the atmosphere that I wanted to create. He showed up ontime, setup was simple. He was able to adjust as the mood of the party changed throughout the evening. I will definitely have Troy back for our next party.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Handyboys Event Production, DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

thanks Joe,

Leasanna · Married on 09/22/2012

I chose this company because I saw this DJ at a friends Anniversary party and the DJ Troy was able to accommodate the different cultures without being overwhelming. Troy played everything from Soca and Reggae music to Spanish and Pop and everything else in bwetween also alot of oldies at our request, I was surprised to hear music that I haven't heard since I was a little girl. Troy thank you for being not only professional but very friendly and approachable. I would recommend your company to anyone and also thank you for fixing my Laptop so that I can have it on my honeymoon. God bless.

Sent on 10/17/2012

We were very pleased with Tony's services at our wedding reception! The music was great!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Handyboys Event Production, DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

Gretchen · Married on 01/12/2018

Handyboys managed the entertainment at our daughter’s 16th birthday party, we could not have asked for a better vendor! From beginning to end Troy was with us in the planning, he made suggestions which were spot on, and made the night truly special for the birthday girl and all of her friends. I sincerely cannot recommend them highly enough, they rock!!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

HandyboysEnt.com - Dj and Lighting Services did an outstanding job in 2012 at our staff party (holiday) we had originally sign a contract for 3hrs, eventually the staff was so entertained, that we finished 4.5hr later, this include dancing and karaoke, don't know how handyboys did it but it was great, pleasure to work with, and the lighting just set the mood.. Judith -Lakeville CT

Sent on 01/30/2013