Hamby Catering & Events Reviews

151 Reviews for Hamby Catering & Events

• Kerrison

Kerrison · Married on 04/18/2020

Delicious food and cocktails

The food was delicious! They were responsive and kind, and the bar tenders and wait staff were friendly. I'd definitely use them again.

Sent on 09/03/2020

Madison H. · Married on 02/15/2020

Best local catering service!!!

Hiring Hamby’s Catering is a MUST for any event! We hired them for our wedding reception and they did not disappoint! Caroline was amazing and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted. I was so impressed by the initial tasting with Caroline – they served us a sample of all of our courses and allowed us to make any changes to our menu that we wanted. We also requested a meal for bride & groom to eat privately before we entered the reception and they had a plate of hot food waiting for us when we arrived. This was so appreciated and such a special moment for my fiancé and I. The food was delicious! Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/24/2020

Hamby Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, and thank you for choosing Hamby. Caroline is most certainly a GEM! Be well and safe.

Taylor D. · Married on 12/25/2019

Flawless each time

I have used Hambys for just about everything and continue to year after year. Party? Wedding? Christmas? Easter? All Hamby’s.

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Briana

Briana L. · Married on 11/16/2019

Awesome! Great service! The staff makes you feel like the only bride they are working with!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/10/2019

Amazing food!

I can’t even describe how amazing all the food we had at the wedding. We enjoyed everything we picked and it was a big hit with our guest. We are still saying how good it was months after the wedding! Definitely look into what they have to offer. They made picking out food a breeze! Definitely talk to Ryan McKenzie! He was such a great person to help us with the menu! And he was great with recommending dinner options while we were down in Charleston! The pictures were from our tasting we did months earlier!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Jessica O. · Married on 05/31/2019

The best!

We used Hamby for our wedding on 5/31/19 at The Island House and were BEYOND pleased with their services. Ryan was super easy to work with and made the entire process both fun and incredible. From the communication to the tasting and then the wedding FOOD and staff, our guests RAVED about them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! BEST IN Charleston !!!!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Greta

Greta · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing food & service

The Hamby's catering team did an exceptional job setting up and serving amazing, delicious food at my son's wedding. Bellamy was organized, professional, creative and a pleasure to work with. We had so many compliments on the food and distinct southern flavor. And the couple really appreciated the goodies in their limo after the wedding. Everything was perfect. I can see why Hambys has such a great reputation.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Mary

Mary E. · Married on 04/27/2019

Unique wedding requests, handled with ease

The Hamby Team and Caroline did an incredible job for our wedding. We had specific vision for our wedding of rotating food stations and no formal sit down dinner. While interviewing other catering companies, none of them really gave us confidence they could pull off what we were asking for except for Hamby! They delivered above and beyond our expectations. The food was so delicious and our guests raved about it all. We had them do our bar as well. There was one mishap- the bitters were not brought to the venue initially. My husband was having old fashions as the only specialty cocktail so this was a huge deal- the team was able to quickly call someone and the bitters were at the venue a half hour later. Caroline was extremely responsive throughout the process and patient with us as we changed our minds a million times about what we were thinking. She was extremely helpful throughout. I would highly recommend Hamby for any future event.

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Julia

Julia P. · Married on 02/16/2019

Absolutely Amazing Food!

I had such a lovely tasting with Hamby catering to choose the stations we would serve our guests. On the day of our wedding, the Hamby catering staff we so professional and all of the food was served hot. Everything was exactly as it was presented to us in our tasting. It was delicious and so many guests complimented us on how amazing our food was!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 01/26/2019

Great food, great value

We used Hamby for our appetizers, three course plated dinner as well as their bar service. I was so happy with the food as well as with their wonderful waitstaff and bartenders! They were very easy to work with and accommodated changes as our needs evolved. I'd highly recommend them to other couples!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing service and quality

I would highly recommend Hamby's. They were professional, reliable, and delicious.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Beth · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Food for Our Wedding

We recently had our Wedding catered by Hamby Catering. It was absolutely amazing. The entire staff was great to work with. Very professional. Our guests loved the selection of food and are still talking about it!! 5 stars🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Sent on 11/15/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2018

From the moment we started the wedding planning process, Hamby was a frontrunner for us. They were upfront, honest, and transparent about their proposal and helped us to select the perfect menu for our wedding! We did stations with passed hors d'oeuvres. We asked them to do a stuffed date similar to the dates on the Barsa menu and they made it to perfection! We had so many compliments on our food after the wedding. The best part is they threw in a late night snack for us which was delicious!! They were so great to work with from the tasting to the wedding!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Carol · Married on 04/07/2018

I wanted to complement Hamby's on the catering of my daughter's wedding on April 7. The food was so amazing and I loved your wait staff. Once they knew I was the mother of the bride, they sought me out to make sure I got to try each appetizer. They were so sweet and fun to work with. We had many compliments on how good the food was. We are so happy we chose your company to cater the wedding.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Samantha · Married on 03/22/2018

You have to choose Hamby! The food is INCREDIBLE! The food did not taste like typical wedding food-We were blown away at how delicious it was! They also were extremely professional and wonderful to work with every step of the way. I can't recommend them more!!!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Joni · Married on 08/18/2017

Our experience with Hamby Catering could not have been more perfect from start to finish. Ryan McKenzie helped us create a wonderful lowcountry wedding menu including a plethora of fresh, local seafood, including scallops, crab and shrimp, as well as beef, pork, vegetables, fruits and cheeses of every description. Additionally, Ryan created the reception floor plan, the bar menu and setup, and all the rentals from Snyder's. Every detail could not have been executed more expertly during the planning stages or the reception itself, including the catering team Ryan put in place at the reception who were well-trained, personable and plentiful in number. Cheers to Ryan and Hamby Catering for helping create a fairytale wedding reception for our daughter!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Caroline · Married on 06/17/2017

Amazing food, incredibly helpful and friendly staff! Best prices we found for such awesome quality. Hamby specializes in traditional Southern food, but they worked with us to tailor the menu so that I would have some awesome vegan things (pickled black-eyed peas, Carolina Rice Cakes, and reeeeaalllly yummy collard greens--even the carnivores raved about it!). We also did a "Surf and Surf" station with really fresh and tasty crab cakes and scallops, and a vegan mashed potato bar with great toppings. My husband is from Texas, and they also incorporated the Texas tradition of breakfast tacos as a late night snack! Bellamy was also very professional and helpful in helping me get everything together! Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2017

Hamby was extremely easy to work with and SO DELICIOUS. We got so many compliments on our food. The presentation was beautiful and their staff really was incredible the day of. If you're looking for the BEST food in Charleston, go with Hamby!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Hamby Catering & Events's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much for including Hamby in your wedding festivities. It was such an honor to be part of your special day. These photos are lovely! We are dreaming about these Fried Green Tomato "Pizzas" on this cold winter day. Best wishes for 2018!

Dagny · Married on 03/25/2017

If you want a true Charleston hospitality and southern fare experience, for sure book Hamby. Delicious food, excellent service and the history and values of a family-owned company. We just loved everything that Hamby cooked up for our wedding. We received many compliments on the food and service but our favorite part was the bride and groom basket they sent home with us for after the wedding. Excellent service and flexibility, as an out-of-town couple they accommodated us for tasting times and menu planning which was much appreciated. Thank you Ryan, Melanie, Patrick and everyone on the Hamby Team!!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Rebecca · Married on 03/25/2017

Hamby's was wonderful to work with! Caroline coordinated everything for us and she was very helpful and creative with planning. The tasting a few months before the wedding was an awesome experience. Hamby's was very accommodating and easy to work with. Everything was set up perfectly at the reception too. Excellent choice!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Amy · Married on 03/19/2017

Hamby really delivered in all of their promises.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Incredible food and so easy and accommodating to the bride!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Rebecca · Married on 01/07/2017

Hamby Catering is our family staple when we have events. Their sales team, Ryan Mckenzie especially, blew us away with their professionalism, accommodating attitude, and responsiveness. They were honest with us about the needs for my 80 person wedding and always respected any of our budget concerns. The food impressed all of my guests and me, and their service throughout the night was undetectable. They kindly wrapped up individual servings of food for the groom and I to enjoy in the getaway car, which was totally unexpected. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/26/2017
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/29/2016

If you're looking for a caterer in Charleston, SC, look no further than Hamby! From tasting to menu planning to wedding reception advice, Caroline at Hamby exceeded our expectations!! The day of the wedding, Hamby's staff worked with our planner to prepare the wedding site. Caroline and company provided outstanding and personable service throughout the evening. Above all, our guests are still raving about the food!!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2016

Best wedding food ever is all I keep hearing from my friends! I picked four stations for my daughters wedding reception.
    Everything was served in small dishes and ready to be picked up by guests so there was no waiting in line to serve yourself! The BISCUIT BAR was a big hit! People are still talking about it. They say "only in Charleston !!! What a great idea!" I'm so happy that Ryan M. helped me pick a fabulous menu! Thanks to all that planned, cooked and served for our event on October 29th!

Sent on 11/17/2016