Hamby Catering & Events Reviews

Hamby Catering & Events 4
Hamby Catering & Events 5

Beth 路 Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Food for Our Wedding

We recently had our Wedding catered by Hamby Catering. It was absolutely amazing. The entire staff was great to work with. Very professional. Our guests loved the selection of food and are still talking about it!! 5 stars馃専馃専馃専馃専馃専

Kristin 路 Married on 06/03/2018

From the moment we started the wedding planning process, Hamby was a frontrunner for us. They were upfront, honest, and transparent about their proposal and helped us to select the perfect menu for our wedding! We did stations with passed hors d'oeuvres. We asked them to do a stuffed date similar to the dates on the Barsa menu and they made it to perfection! We had so many compliments on our food after the wedding. The best part is they threw in a late night snack for us which was delicious!! They were so great to work with from the tasting to the wedding!

Carol 路 Married on 04/07/2018

I wanted to complement Hamby's on the catering of my daughter's wedding on April 7. The food was so amazing and I loved your wait staff. Once they knew I was the mother of the bride, they sought me out to make sure I got to try each appetizer. They were so sweet and fun to work with. We had many compliments on how good the food was. We are so happy we chose your company to cater the wedding.

Samantha 路 Married on 03/22/2018

You have to choose Hamby! The food is INCREDIBLE! The food did not taste like typical wedding food-We were blown away at how delicious it was! They also were extremely professional and wonderful to work with every step of the way. I can't recommend them more!!!

Joni 路 Married on 08/18/2017

Our experience with Hamby Catering could not have been more perfect from start to finish. Ryan McKenzie helped us create a wonderful lowcountry wedding menu including a plethora of fresh, local seafood, including scallops, crab and shrimp, as well as beef, pork, vegetables, fruits and cheeses of every description. Additionally, Ryan created the reception floor plan, the bar menu and setup, and all the rentals from Snyder's. Every detail could not have been executed more expertly during the planning stages or the reception itself, including the catering team Ryan put in place at the reception who were well-trained, personable and plentiful in number. Cheers to Ryan and Hamby Catering for helping create a fairytale wedding reception for our daughter!

Caroline 路 Married on 06/17/2017

Amazing food, incredibly helpful and friendly staff! Best prices we found for such awesome quality. Hamby specializes in traditional Southern food, but they worked with us to tailor the menu so that I would have some awesome vegan things (pickled black-eyed peas, Carolina Rice Cakes, and reeeeaalllly yummy collard greens--even the carnivores raved about it!). We also did a "Surf and Surf" station with really fresh and tasty crab cakes and scallops, and a vegan mashed potato bar with great toppings. My husband is from Texas, and they also incorporated the Texas tradition of breakfast tacos as a late night snack! Bellamy was also very professional and helpful in helping me get everything together! Can't recommend enough!

Kristen 路 Married on 05/28/2017

Hamby was extremely easy to work with and SO DELICIOUS. We got so many compliments on our food. The presentation was beautiful and their staff really was incredible the day of. If you're looking for the BEST food in Charleston, go with Hamby!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Hamby Catering & Events 6
    Hamby Catering & Events 7
    Hamby Catering & Events 8
    Hamby Catering & Events 9
    Hamby Catering & Events 10

Hamby Catering & Events's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much for including Hamby in your wedding festivities. It was such an honor to be part of your special day. These photos are lovely! We are dreaming about these Fried Green Tomato "Pizzas" on this cold winter day. Best wishes for 2018!

dagny 路 Married on 03/25/2017

If you want a true Charleston hospitality and southern fare experience, for sure book Hamby. Delicious food, excellent service and the history and values of a family-owned company. We just loved everything that Hamby cooked up for our wedding. We received many compliments on the food and service but our favorite part was the bride and groom basket they sent home with us for after the wedding. Excellent service and flexibility, as an out-of-town couple they accommodated us for tasting times and menu planning which was much appreciated. Thank you Ryan, Melanie, Patrick and everyone on the Hamby Team!!

Rebecca 路 Married on 03/25/2017

Hamby's was wonderful to work with! Caroline coordinated everything for us and she was very helpful and creative with planning. The tasting a few months before the wedding was an awesome experience. Hamby's was very accommodating and easy to work with. Everything was set up perfectly at the reception too. Excellent choice!!

Amy 路 Married on 03/19/2017

Hamby really delivered in all of their promises.

• User6994785 路 1+ year ago

Incredible food and so easy and accommodating to the bride!

Rebecca 路 Married on 01/07/2017

Hamby Catering is our family staple when we have events. Their sales team, Ryan Mckenzie especially, blew us away with their professionalism, accommodating attitude, and responsiveness. They were honest with us about the needs for my 80 person wedding and always respected any of our budget concerns. The food impressed all of my guests and me, and their service throughout the night was undetectable. They kindly wrapped up individual servings of food for the groom and I to enjoy in the getaway car, which was totally unexpected. Highly recommended!

• Kristen

Kristen 路 Married on 10/29/2016

If you're looking for a caterer in Charleston, SC, look no further than Hamby! From tasting to menu planning to wedding reception advice, Caroline at Hamby exceeded our expectations!! The day of the wedding, Hamby's staff worked with our planner to prepare the wedding site. Caroline and company provided outstanding and personable service throughout the evening. Above all, our guests are still raving about the food!!!

Lisa 路 Married on 10/29/2016

Best wedding food ever is all I keep hearing from my friends! I picked four stations for my daughters wedding reception.
    Everything was served in small dishes and ready to be picked up by guests so there was no waiting in line to serve yourself! The BISCUIT BAR was a big hit! People are still talking about it. They say "only in Charleston !!! What a great idea!" I'm so happy that Ryan M. helped me pick a fabulous menu! Thanks to all that planned, cooked and served for our event on October 29th!

Holly 路 Married on 09/24/2016

As the mother of the bride, I had very high hopes for my daughters wedding. Hamby Catering and specifically Ryan McKenzie far exceeded my hopes and expectations on every level. Ryan managed not only a fantastic catering menu but also took responsibility for all of the decor, including the tent, linens, floorplan...everything. He made planning this wedding so pleasant and was beyond organized. His attention to detail and to our "style" was exceptional. At his suggestion we opted for 4 stations preceded by passed appetizers. The bartenders and wait staff were completely professional. Our guests...most visiting Charleston for the first time..raved about the food and the service. I highly recommend working with Hamby's. You will be delighted!

Lizzie 路 Married on 06/18/2016

Our experience with Hamby catering was awesome! We weren't originally planning on doing catering for a wedding but ended up being given more funds about a month prior to it, and Hamby eagerly worked with us on such short notice to do a drop off service. I corresponded with Alex and Zach who were both incredibly helpful and helped is figure out the best food options for us and our budget. The food was fantastic and they ensured that we had plenty of food for all our guests while staying within budget! Everuthing was all set up for us by the time our guests got to the reception and looked fantastic as well :) also, we had a last minute time change of our wedding due to weather and they gladly adjusted for us! I would highly recommend Hamby for any Charleston wedding or other event.

Lauren 路 Married on 05/15/2016

Hamby Catering was amazing--especially Ryan McKenzie, who helped us plan our catering! My husband and I told them what we wanted and they made it happen. They were very accommodating to me since I am a vegetarian. We had an amazing tasting and they packed up a lovely to-go basket for us to enjoy the next day. Ryan and his team are amazing and everyone loved the southern cuisine we picked out!

Roxanna 路 Married on 04/24/2016

Hamby did an amazing job for our wedding. But I would absolutely consider using them for other events in future. Ryan, who helped us coordinate our menu and other details of our event was incredibly helpful. Our tasting was so much more special then we were expecting. They had printed our menu for us, we were able to try every dish, they set up displays so that we could get an idea of how our event would look, and we were able to talk to the chef. It was great! Food was one of our biggest concerns for the day, being sure that our guests had a great culinary experience and left satisfied was really important to us. Hamby did not disappoint. I can't wait to use them again!

Michael 路 Married on 04/23/2016

Hamby was absolutely wonderful!!! Our guests are still raving about how wonderful our food was at our reception!! We had 3 stations and the staff did a fabulous job keeping up with clearing plates and cups for our 250 guest count. We thankfully had a plate made for us at our reception (my slice of steak was a PERFECT medium temperature) but they also sent us home with a basket of food! Hamby did a fabulous job listening to exactly what we wanted and they delivered above and beyond our expectations! We highly recommend Hamby for all of your catering needs! Thanks again!!

• Emily

Emily 路 Married on 04/09/2016

My wedding reception was outside under a beautiful white tent on family land in Mount Pleasant, SC. Hamby Catering & Events was the perfect compliment! The food was delicious and our friends are STILL talking about the Shrimp and Grits! From their set up, to the staff, to their beautiful arrangements we were very pleased with Hamby Catering & Events. They worked with us on creating the perfect menu and helped us make changes/additions until we were absolutely satisfied! They did a great job!

• User5424585 路 2+ years ago

Hamby is amazing. Delicious food, courteous and friendly staff, and they were always available to answer any questions we had while planning - and day of! Hamby also assisted us with our bar for the wedding and everything was enjoyed. All of our guests STILL tell us how much they loved the food for our day. Thank you Hamby! -Mallory S.

• User6037620 路 2+ years ago

Absolutely amazing to work with Hamby Catering! We worked with Ryan and he was incredibly professional and a lot of fun to work with for our wedding, he took the stress out of making decisions and was always so helpful. The food was amazing and we are still receiving compliments from our guests. Thank you to Hamby for making our wedding reception so incredible!

Christina 路 Married on 10/03/2015

Hamby came highly recommended, and they more than exceeded our expectations at our October 2105 wedding. Ryan, our event producer, was accommodating, responsive, and a great resource from the initial planning stages all the way through the week of our wedding. His suggestions were spot on, and on our wedding day, Hamby's and their staff did not disappoint. The food was wonderful, and we received tons of compliments on the menu and food. The biscuit bar and shrimp and grits stations were our favorites. Having worked in the hospitality industry many years ago, I cannot compliment the Hamby staff who were professional but also warm and engaging with our guests.

Kaitlynn 路 Married on 09/05/2015

It wasn't the first time we've used Hamby. It won't be the last either! Thanks for adding that southern style food touch to our day.