Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists Reviews

140 Reviews for Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists

• Shayna

Shayna Schmidt · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing service

Had an amazing experience with Hallak. They were responsive, professional, and did such a beautiful job with my dress. There were some tiny holes in the bottom my veil and they gave me an extra call to discuss that specifically. Super happy with their work - would recommend to every bride!

Sent on 02/06/2020

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Shayna for sharing your experience with our wedding department. We are so pleased to read that you were happy with our services - both fabric care and customer service. We truly care about our clients - and are happy it shows. Thank you again. Best wishes!

Margaret P Fox · Married on 11/09/2019

Professional and successful at restoration!

Hallak Cleaners restored a 70 year old Belgian lace wedding veil to look brand new. They were fabulous!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you, Margaret! We appreciate you taking the time to share your happy experience! So happy to read this beautiful review!
  • Lauren

Lauren Cirillo · Married on 09/11/2019

Redesigned my mother's wedding dress and it came out perfect

I wore my mother's wedding gown for my wedding, but I wanted to change the neckline from a high collar to a boat neck. I had extra fabric from my mother's veil, which was used to extend the neckline. I worked with Atisha at Hallack Cleaners and she was absolutely amazing!! I LOVED my dress! The dress was extremely comfortable, fitted correctly, and reinforced since the dress was 36 years old. I highly recommend going to Hallack Cleaners and working with Atisha. She was amazing!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you so much for your informative (and KIND!) review. We agree - Atecia is wonderful! We are so pleased to hear how happy you were with our alterations department. And even happier to hear that you were able to have the dress you envisioned. Thank you again!

Melanie Zingler · Married on 08/31/2019

Easy and professional

Felt very confident that the my daughter’s wedding dress would be well taken care of.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting Hallak with your daughter's wedding dress. We are happy to know you were pleased with our services.

Courtney Evans · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful!

I had a great experience at Hallak Cleaners! I had three dress fittings there and was very pleased with the results of my wedding dress. The staff was friendly, professional, and dedicated to making sure I looked great in my dress. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Hi Courtney! We are so happy that we were able to be part of such a special day! Thank you for trusting our wedding department with your pre-wedding services - and for your kind words. Wishing you the very best!
  • Y

Yuki · Married on 11/16/2018

Outstanding

I am so glad I came across Hallak when I needed my wedding gown pressed. I looked online, several places came up near me (upper east side), and called a few but Hallak was the most reasonable in terms of price. The girl who handles bridal everything answered all of my questions, and was very helpful. Pressing my enormous gown took less than 3 days, as she explained, and delivery was prompt. The dress was expertly pressed and as promised, in a huge garment bag- all included in the price. Other places told me it was an extra few hundred to buy the garment bag.... I'm SO glad I went with Hallak, and will recommend it to anyone looking for their services. Expert work, prompt, quick, and reasonable price- they have it all.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Yuki, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review. Along with all the positive comments, you also help other couples see what they should be looking for in their wedding professionals. At Hallak, we truly value customer service and expert fabric care. It means a lot to all of us here that you were so happy with our services. Best wishes!

Ashia · Married on 09/15/2018

Hallak NYC was great, and George made my dress exactly how I imagined it. The whole team was friendly, they were flexible with scheduling, and they were affordable. (I got quotes from two other places, and both were HUNDREDS of dollars more.) Very happy with the service at Hallak. Thank you!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review Ashia & Royce! We are so happy that you chose Hallak's pre-wedding services for your wedding attire! Our team truly cares about our couples so we are glad it shows! Wishing you the very best! Thank you again!

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2018

george was great in handling my dress and was very keen on the delicate details !!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/09/2018

Outstanding

Hallak cleaners is like the Lamborghini of cleaners. You can trust them with your most prized possessions such as your wedding dress. They did an amazing job removing stains and storing it for me. They provided me with pictures and called me every step of the way to alert me of any issues. It was worth the price.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Wow! We are thrilled to read your awesome review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other couples. Our team takes great pride in keeping the customer - business relationship open and honest. It means a lot to know that it's working just how we envision. We love how couples feel like they are a part of the process - and leaving no doubts in their mind. Thank you again! Best wishes!

Anna · Married on 06/01/2018

The tailor, George, is very kind, professional, and talented at what he does. The facility is clean and organized. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Anna for writing this kind review! We are so happy to learn that you are pleased with our services (and the experience overall). It means a lot to everyone here. Wishing you the very best!

kallie · Married on 05/12/2018

I used Hallak Cleaners to alter my wedding gown for my May 12, 2018 wedding and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone needing alterations on their wedding dress! My gown was expertly altered from being too large to fitting like an absolute dream for my wedding. Hallak Cleaners was very easy to work with and delivered my gown to me before my big day. I had such a great experience with them that I used Hallak to clean and preserve my dress after the wedding. If you’re in the market for wedding dress alterations, definitely go with Hallak!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Wow Kallie! Thank you so much for this amazing review. It really means a lot to us that you took the time to share your positive experience. We are so happy that you trusted us with both your pre and post wedding services. Thank you again. Wishing you the very best!
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 02/07/2018

I brought in a sample dress I got from another store for them to make some minor fixes to. They were very nice and knew what they were doing. It was a bit expensive but that might just be my small budget talking. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Clarissa · Married on 10/14/2017

Hallak cleaners was really professional & affordable. I would recommend them to anyone needing to get their dress tailored, cleaned, etc. They did a wonderful job and were so easy to work with!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Clarissa for sharing your pleasant experience with our bridal team. We appreciate you taking the time to share. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance in the future. Congratulations!

Marie · Married on 10/14/2017

My name is Marie Hunt and I am the owner of Headpiece.com. Hallak Couture Cleaners is where I send every bridal client who wishes to have their vintage headpiece or veil re-designed by us. Hallak Couture Cleaners is the only place I recommend! They have cleaned my own custom designs including heirloom christening gowns, communion dresses, and most recently my hand-designed mother of the bride gown along with my daughter's wedding gown and French lace veils. They know it all when it comes to cleaning and preservation. We will be featuring this incredibly tedious process on our upcoming blog so you can see the value of having the experts do it right. Join us on our blog on March "Fourteenth" and make sure you go to Hallak for a detailed evaluation, cleaning, and preservation of the most important gown you have ever worn in your life! https://headpiece.com/blog/

Sent on 03/06/2018

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review! Our team had a wonderful time speaking and sharing with you our expertise. It was so nice to have you spend some time at our store and plant. We also appreciate (and love) your site's beautiful blog. Every bride (or anyone who loves a wedding) should check it out. Thank you again!

Nicky · Married on 09/10/2017

The Manhattan Hallak team was great! I would highly recommend for any all alterations.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Victoria · Married on 09/09/2017

George is a wonderful and patient tailor. Will be using him again for other dresses I need tailored! He wants to make sure you are very happy with the end result and doesn't make any shortcuts to ensure you get there.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Victoria! Yes, George is wonderful! He has been with us for many years and are so pleased with his patience and attention to detail. Congratulations!

Christina · Married on 09/03/2017

Highly recommend Hallak's -- everything about my bridal fitting, tailoring, and pressing experience was fantastic!!! The Hallak's staff clearly knows what they are doing, and everyone is so efficient, friendly, and accommodating. Hallak's made everything so easy and stress-free, and thanks to them, my dress fit like a glove! The tailoring was done so well that multiple people at my wedding asked if my dress was custom-made just for me. Thanks, Hallak's!!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review. We are so happy you were pleased with our services. Thank you again for sharing. Best wishes!
  • F

Fatime · Married on 09/03/2017

Very professional dry cleaning service. We brought my daughters wedding gown, vails, and my son in laws tux.
    They held on to the gown until they clean it best they can. And packaged it nicely. They took pictures of before and after. They specialize in Wedding gowns and suede and leather. Recommended them to a friend for her suede shirt and she was happy with their services as well. Will be using them again.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Paula · Married on 09/01/2017

George is amazing at what he does. He is very precise and very professional.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Paula! We are so happy to hear you had such a great experience. Thank you for sharing!

Caitlin · Married on 08/26/2017

I took my wedding dress to the 2nd avenue location for alterations based on a recommendation from where I bought the dress (Glamour Closet). Hallak has a deal set up with them, a flat fee for all alterations and the bustle. My dress was a size 14 when I brought it in (I'm a size 6, usually) and has very intricate beading on the top. I was slightly concerned about the amount of material that needed to be taken in, but Hallak handled it beautifully. There was a make up stain on a layer of chiffon, and they got it out on my first fitting. I got so many compliments on my dress, I can't recommend Hallak enough!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Hi Caitlin! Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy we were able to be a part of your special day. Congratulations and thank you again.

Leslie · Married on 08/26/2017

The team at Hallak did a great job preparing my wedding dress for my big day. They were recommended by Glamour Closet, where I bought my dress. They did a great job of hemming my dress and other small alterations. When I had to change my final fitting last minute, they were very accommodating to find me another appointment. The staff was polite and very supportive (I was trying to lose weight for my dress). Even though I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted, the dress looked amazing on me thanks to their great work! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Congratulations on your Big Day! And thank you for the kind words. On your wedding day, the most important detail is your smile. We are so happy that we were able to be a pert of your special day. Wish you the best!

Camryn · Married on 07/22/2017

Very reliable, professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Postive and to the point! Thank you for sharing your experience! And thank you for choosing Hallak! Congratulations!

Justyna · Married on 07/07/2017

Thank you to the wonderful ladies helping me out to fix my wedding dress to protection.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review! Wishing you the best!

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2017

George did an amazing job on my dress and everyone at Hallak were so incredibly nice and helpful. They weren't very up front with their prices over the phone which I really appreciated compared to other places who wanted me to drag my dress around everywhere before they'd even give me any information. Thank you Hallak for making my dress fit me perfectly!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Hallak Cleaners - Gown Preservation Specialists's reply:

Thank you Melissa! Each wedding gown is as unique as its bride. Without seeing a gown, it can be difficult to provide an estimate because we want to offer you the most accurate information possible. Thank you for being so understanding. You deserve the best for your wedding day so we are happy to hear you felt you were given that! Thank you for choosing Hallak Cleaners.