Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Devon
    Devon E. Getting married on 10/08/2021

I feel like a Princess

Katie made me feel like a Princess! I was getting pictures taken for my website and they were a range of photos that went from business to boudoir. Katie offered amazing insight as she looked at all my outfits while accounting for the goal of photoshoot. Katie did my hair and make up so I was able to have 6+ looks without having to entirely redo my hair and make up throughout the day (think curls/partial up in the beginning to beach waves and sexy bed head). Katie did a beautiful job of doing my make up naturally to start and then she was able to give me a totally different look in 5 minutes by just adding some different eye shadow and lipstick.

I have also used Katie for different events and she always does a great job. I have fine hair and Katie does a great job giving my hair body when i want it down, or putting my hair up in a beautiful updo!

I love how she does my make up and it is always fun hanging out with her- the time flys by and at the end I'm always happy and smiling while feeling absolutely beautiful!

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Thank you Devon!! I’m so glad I could deliver what you needed! I miss you and your family ❤️ I miss doing events with you and your mom! You guys are what make me love my job 🥰
    Tia Married on 09/18/2021

Great hair and makeup, received many compliments.

Katie is great and very interactive as works. She asks you questions and fills in her expertise to build your look the way you want.

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

It was so lovely meeting you and being able to get you ready for your event! I’m so glad to hear about your compliments!! You were gorgeous!
    Natalia Married on 07/17/2021

Amazing!! Very talented and professional!

Katie did a great job with my wedding hair and make up, she made me feel so pretty and confident!! She was very accommodating, talented, and professional. I loved working with her.

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Oh I’m so happy to have met you! Thank you so much for leaving a review! You and your family were very pleasant to work with :) You were glowing ❤️Congratulations! 🎊
    Paige Married on 10/17/2020

Great hair and makeup by Katie

Katie did a trial run and then my hair and makeup on my wedding day. She did a great job and was fun to chat with while she was working.
    It was super windy on my wedding day but the hair and makeup stayed perfectly through the night.
    Jaime M. Married on 07/05/2020

Best hair and Makeup in Palm Beache!

My daughter, Moms and bridal party had hair and makeup by Katie, My daughter is beautiful and Katie made her even more beautiful. It was a very natural look and Katie is such a professional, yet made it a fun experience, as we were all nervous. We received many compliments on hair and makeup. You should only be hiring Katie for hair and makeup. You will not be disappointed.
    Lyndsey Married on 02/02/2020

We had an amazing experience with katie and her team!

EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE! KATIE WAS VERY FLEXIBLE AND ACCOMMODATING! WHILE I WAS PLANNING A FLORIDA WEDDING FROM DETROIT, SHE HELPED ME WORKOUT THE FINE DETAILS AND KEPT THE PROCESS RUNNING SMOOTH! SHE WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROFESSIONAL! THE HAIR AND MAKEUP WAS BEAUTIFUL! SHE HELPED ADD SO MUCH TO OUR SPECIAL DAY!

THANK YOU AGAIN, KATIE!

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Thanks so much, Lyndsey! This has absolutely made my day!! I had so much fun with you ladies! Congratulations gorgeous!!
  • emsfsu
    Erica S. Married on 01/18/2020

Looked amazing on my wedding day!

Katie is so wonderful! She is so passionate about making brides feel their absolute best on their wedding day. I enjoyed my trial so much and glad I scheduled one. Her personality is so calming and confident, you can't go wrong with her.

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Thank you for the sweet reply, Erica! I am so glad you liked it! You have that dreamy flawless skin! You and your party were so fun!
    Julie J. Married on 01/10/2020

Great stylist for all occasions

Katie is not only an amazing stylist, she’s also sweet and super fun. Loved my time with her and loved my hair!!
  • Olha
    Olha Married on 01/02/2020

It was an incredible experience! Couldn't have been happier!

Preparing for my wedding I spend a lot of time looking for a makeup artist and hairstylist. Having some bridal trials, I realize how challenging it is to find a professional who would do your makeup and hairstyle exactly how you want them to look on your big day. When I saw some of the photos of the brides done by Katie I was thrilled, and I immediately contacted her. Katie did a fantastic job on my wedding day!!! She helped to make it so special!!! My makeup looked stunning and my hair was styled exactly how I dreamed. Katie is super professional and it was a big pleasure to work with her!
  • Sarah
    Sarah D. Married on 11/16/2019

I demand someone explain this witchcraft!

!Be forewarned: this review is a small novella !
    Katie and her incredible team drove an hour and a half down to my venue to bring some serious bridal magic to my squad. I invite you all to join me as I recount the frustration and eventual triumph of finding an on site hair and makeup artist for the big day.
    I have many friends and family in the biz. I knew I could count on discounts and good times, but while I wanted to support their respective businesses, I was not willing to compromise on my ideal wedding look, just to save a few dollars.
    In The early days of planning I was a naive bride to be with so many overwhelming tasks ahead of me. Foolishly I reached out to a local mom group soliciting artist suggestions and subsequently found myself inundated for days with inbox messages and friend requests from people who wanted to provide services. Some were rude or pushy, some had zero experience and one girl shelling some MLM weight loss program asked if I planned to lose some weight before the big day. I was at a complete loss but I kept track of every quote and the services offered.
    I spoke with several artists whose resumes and photographs reflected my ideal wedding look but I just couldn’t seem to get the right vibe (I acknowledge I am truly exhausting as a human). When a friend suggested Katie I was admittedly skeptical, her pricing seemed fair and her work was incredible, there had to be a catch.
    In my infinite apprehension I had concluded she must be some kind of monster with bad breathe and poor social skills, but my assumptions were immediately smashed when I met this beautiful soul for a hair and makeup trial.
    Katie was so kind and reassuring; she never once made me feel pressured. There were no sales pitches or product sales. She stopped frequently throughout the night to confirm she was on the right track and giving me the look I wanted. I was blown away by the results.
    With the wedding mere days away panic set in for some bridesmaids and my future mother in law who implored me to add them to the beauty services. I was panicked, I didn’t want to stress Katie out or ruin her schedule but I was also afraid of upsetting my wedding party. I text her at 9 pm to ask if there was anyway to fit in the services. Once again proving her kindness, she assured me she would make it work.
    The day of the wedding Katie brought two members of her team to assemble an incredibly efficient assembly line of beauty services. I swear I could have added all three to my bridal party. They were all so sweet and energetic, they truly made the pre wedding events fun and hilarious. As the ceremony time quickly approached my maid of honor informed me that she thought she was getting her makeup done too. I told her we were pressed for time and one of the other bridesmaids could definitely help her but Katie quickly stepped in, again rearranging the schedule to allow for an additional service.
    Every bridesmaid looked phenomenal and each thanked me for finding this team. My hair and makeup was truly a work of art. I didn’t look like an over contoured Instagram influencer; I looked like me but bridal. For my hair I picked an elaborate boho braid directly from Pinterest. I’d seen enough braiding fails to know this was a lofty task to undertake, especially given the length and width of my unruly mane, but Katie made it happen. Not only did she replicate a gorgeous flowy braid, she did something magical in its construction that kept it in place for the entirety of my wedding and into the next day(For reference my hair touches the small of my back and is thicker than most pillows . my skin is typically flaky and historically scattered with pimples and acne scars. )
    Katie made me look flawless. My wife could not believe how incredible I looked and literally spent the night staring at me. I cried multiple times and danced until I was blistered and bruised. Two days later I had to force myself to wash my hair (for obvious hygiene reasons). It was really hard to let go of my perfect braid but thanks to Katie and her team of fellow wizards I know the ideal look is only a text away.
    (I don’t have pics back from my photographer but I have a few shots friends have shared)

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Wow, Sarah! I cannot thank you enough for this kind review! I was so happy to provide wizardry (I know you love your Harry Potter) haha! It’s really nice for you to share your experience before meeting me as well for people to relate to! I am so happy for you! It was a pleasure being there for you and making you and your party feel beautiful. I can’t wait until the pictures come back!! You’re gorgeousness is gonna be all over my blog!!
    Veronica M. Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Fantastic

Katie was so great! She was so accommodating when my other makeup and hair stylist couldn’t make it. It was Katie to the rescue and I’m so thankful! She did a great job with all my girls and made me feel bridal, beautiful and natural all at the same time! Thank you again Katie for all your hard work!
    Marguerite M. Married on 05/19/2019

Katie is amazing!

Katie did both my makeup and hair on my wedding day and I couldn't have been happier! I am from New York so it was a destination wedding and I was not familiar with any of the artists or stylists in Palm Beach. However, I did extensive research and then I found Katie via Instagram. I was drawn to her as I saw makeup on her previous clients and realized she is an artist who creates and highlights beauty in such a natural way. Once I found out she did hair as well, I scheduled a trial for both. I was so happy with my trial and even happier on my wedding day. Katie is patient, listens to direction, but gently guides with experience and knowledge. She is a true professional. In my opinion, her style is elegant, fresh and classy. I received so many compliments that day and love to look back at pictures. Katie also did my Mom's hair, MIL's, MOH and SIL's hair. Everyone was very happy with her work, which is not an easy accomplishment! Not only will you be happy with Katie's work, but she will make the whole "getting ready" process even more fun, while keeping you calm at the same time! If I were to do it again, I'd hire her in a heartbeat.

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Thank you so much Maggie! I am so glad we were able to meet each other! You and your family are every artists dream wedding! You were gorgeous, open minded, and fun! I hope we get to see each other again, and I can’t wait for the pictures to flaunt! Congratulations! Lucky man 💓
    Tori S. Married on 04/13/2019

Katie went above and beyond!

Katie is amazing! She was willing to work with me until I found my favorite look. On the day of the wedding she went above and beyond to make sure we were all looking our best! She made everyone look and feel special! Thank you Katie!
    Ali Married on 04/05/2019

Made everyone a more beautiful version of themselves!

Katie and her assistant did an amazing job on my bridal party's hair and makeup. My wedding was on the beach and I asked for everyone to have a very natural look and she really did a fantastic job. Everyone's hair and makeup stayed in place for the entire outdoor wedding in the FL heat. Katie was extremely easy to work with and very responsive. I changed my mind for my hair on the day of my wedding from the style I chose during my trial and she was able to make my hair look exactly how I wanted it to! Thank you thank you!!

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Ali! I am so happy about your day! We had a lot of fun being a part of your wedding, and nothing more fun than switching up!
    Danielle G. Married on 04/05/2019

Danielle M.

She did an amazing job! Made sure I loved how I looked!

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

So glad you were happy, Danielle! You were gorgeous and so sweet! Pleasure making you feel beautiful on your big day! 😘
    Andrea M. Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing!!!

Katie is the bomb! She is a hair genius!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful experience

My business partner and I had a formal event in the area and found Katie on WeddingWire. She was incredibly responsive from the moment I reached out and flexible with scheduling. She was very understanding of our wants and our hair and makeup ended up looking incredible. Would definitely use if I need the services in the area again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a true professional.

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Good evening, Kristen! Thank you so much for leaving a beautiful review! It was a pleasure doing hair and makeup for such influential and wonderful professionals such as yourselves! I’ve been thinking of you ladies and how your night went! I hope to see you again someday!
    Megan Married on 06/09/2018
    I used Katie for hair and makeup for a pin up photoshoot, and she did amazing! She was able to make small but noticeable changes of my hair between each photoshoot set. My makeup was perfect and lasted all day! I would totally recommend Katie for anyone looking for any sort of hair and/or makeup needs! She is very professional and easy to get along with as well! If and when I do another pin up photoshoot, Katie will be the one I go to!
    Kristina Married on 04/23/2018
    Planning a destination wedding can be hard and especially when it comes to finding the perfect person to do your hair and make up on one of the most important days of your life. Katie was super responsive from the get go. She communicated with me via text and phone calls. I wanted someone who cared and I found that person in Katie...she wanted to make sure she did exactly what I envisioned. My hair and makeup were flawless. My makeup did not budge all day/night. I think I woke up the next day still looking brand new! <3 She does the MOST AMAZING FISHTAIL BRAIDS!!! My hair was in the wind on the beach and the wind on our boat reception and still stayed put as much as it could! Thanks Katie for making me look stunning on my wedding day! I felt so beautiful...in fact I had a complete stranger tell me that I was the most beautiful bride she has even seen! Also thanks to Katies team for making my mother, my mother in law, MOH, Sister in law, and Christie2 look AMAZING! <3 IT was the best day of our lives ....and I WILL NEVER forget how perfect it was! <3

<3 Kristina
    Clare Married on 02/03/2018
    Katie is the best!! She and her team were a dream. She worked with me to create the perfect bridal ponytail. Her makeup was flawless, gorgeous but still natural looking. Both hair and makeup lasted all day and night! Katie and the girls were also fun to get ready with (which is always important!). She and her team got 10 of us looking perfect before an early ceremony timeline. She also made time to do my hair the day before, for my rehearsal dinner as well. It was so great to have Katie and the girls as part of my big day!!
    Lori Event on: 01/21/2018
    Katie made me look amazing and natural for my photo shoot. She is awesome!
    Anita Married on 11/03/2017
    If you want the best, choose Katie. She is so talented and is very, very good at what she does. Katie put me at ease on a highly stressful day with her upbeat personality and confidence in her skills. Her team of girls were also great and professional. I felt like the most beautiful bride. I promise, you will not be disappointed!
    Dawn Married on 10/06/2017
    Katie is awesome! She is so talented and knows just how to bring out your inner beauty!!
    Sara Married on 08/20/2017
    Katie is AMAZING! I didn't have time for a trial, but Katie listened to exactly what I wanted with my hair and makeup, and I felt beautiful on my wedding day. I wish she could do my hair and makeup every day!!! My messy updo and airbrushed makeup looked flawless all evening, even after being in the rain for several hours. You won't regret hiring Katie.
    Lindsay Married on 05/20/2017
    I cannot recommend Katie highly enough! I had a beach wedding and all of my bridesmaid's hair and makeup looked beautiful and lasted throughout the night. Katie knew exactly what I wanted and took the time to make sure my hair extensions, flowers for hair, and makeup looked perfect for the pictures. She finished everyone's hair/makeup on time for pictures and was extremely professional. Most importantly she made me feel like a beautiful bride on my special day!

Hair and Makeup of the Palm Beaches's reply:

Yay! So thrilled to see this! You're so incredibly gorgeous! It was so fun being a part of your big day! Congratulations again! <3