Haiku Gardens Weddings Reviews

146 | Kaneohe, HI

146 Reviews for Haiku Gardens Weddings

We knew we wanted an island style wedding and as we started looking for places it was nice to end up at Haiku Gardens in my hometown. We were planning our wedding from Sweden with a 12 hour time difference so I want to highlight the communications between Tamara as excellent. This is key when planning a wedding from afar.
    The other attractive part was the package set up and the venue they have created in the gardens. John, the manager explained when we first came to look at the site, that they had a vision of building a nice venue with the high roof and open feeling. It makes a difference than having rented party tents or a refrigerated ice box in a hotel.
    Tamara worked with my team well, and the flowers looked beautiful in the chapel as well as at the table settings, it all flowed together really well. Having the location all to yourself is also worth alot--not worrying about parking, valets, transportation of guests, etc.
    I think the flexibility with the packages is also valuable. You can add flowers, program details, etc, Ask Tamara to book everything or you can do it yourself or a combination. It all worked very smoothly.
    I think we had as perfect a day as anybody could wish for, so my only suggestions/wishes are very minor and don't really reflect negatively on the venue. The package included musicians and we chose 1 ukelele player for a simple friendly tone. I would have wished for the songs to be played fully so we had some time to reflect and enjoy the moment and because they were such beautiful songs on ukelele. So more careful discussion of the timing of everything would have clarified this in advance. For myself, I should have had a photo 'shot' list so we knew who should be in what kind of pictures--we realised after the wedding was over that my brother-in-law wasn't in any of the pictures. Again, very small 'mistakes' that in the scheme of things will not take away from the beautiful day we enjoyed with family and friends.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Amy · Married on 03/27/2014

We held our wedding here in March 2014. It was a perfect venue for us due to the location, services offered, excellent food and amazing wedding planning. My planner was Tamara S. and she was exceptional; attentive, understanding, and creative, she made me feel confident that the day would turn out perfect. And it did! She found me the perfect officiant (Kimo Taylor) and photographer (Aaron from kai photo) and the food was exceptional at Haleiwa Joes. The service from the wait staff was amazing and genuine. Everyone attending the wedding left with the spirit of ALOHA. Thank you Haiku Gardens for our dream wedding!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Elvis · Married on 11/12/2012

Haiku Gardens is one of our new favorite place on the island. Our wedding there was just what we wanted and we really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and beauty of the setting. It was a much more relaxed and natural environment making it very comfortable. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We were also on a budget and for renting out a restaurant and having a quality meal for 50 guests it was still affordable. It was also a great setting for pictures.

Sent on 01/21/2013

This is a GREAT venue for a wedding. Several of our guests told us it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to, the garden is simply breath taking. We had our reception at Haleiwa Joe's and the food blew us and our guests away. Everything exceeded our expectations.

Our day was simply amazing, I loved everything about it.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Magical venue at great value!

My fiancé & I knew that we wanted to get married near the whimsical Ko’olau Mountains. There were several venues to choose from in that area, but we decided on Haiku Gardens/Haleiwa Joe’s for the overall fit for all our needs. The maximum wedding guest capacity was 175, which would force us to keep our guest list to a manageable number without excluding our closest family & friends. HG has an on-site wedding coordinator Tamara who could help us plan throughout the year & on the day of the wedding itself. This was important because I was living in Honolulu while by fiancé was living in California all year. So, we needed the extra support that Tamara offered. Haleiwa Joe’s food was truly ono-delicious so would allow our guests to taste the diverse flavors of Hawai’i. Finally, this venue was within our budget without skimping on beauty & class.

Vibe: Romantic, tropical, heavenly. It rained the morning of our wedding but the rain magically stopped right before our ceremony. Sunbeams streamed into our spiral-shaped wedding seating, & soft breezes flowed into the garden. Guests had easy access to free parking & did not have to waste time driving to a different venue for lunch, as the restaurant is overlooking the garden!
    See our wedding video here: https://vimeo.com/128564085 (by Small Hour Films)

Service: Tamara was a wonderful coordinator—very patient, responsive to communication & open to our design ideas. She is a wealth of resources for referrals for all vendors you might need.The restaurant service was GREAT! Our server for our sweetheart table was super attentive & even packed us to-go boxes, noticing that we, as busy Bride & Groom, did not get to eat much of our lunch!

Overall: Haiku Gardens + Haleiwa Joe’s was the perfect venue for our destination wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Hiroki · Married on 10/04/2014

We had a fantastic wedding here. The backdrop is surreal. The garden is tranquil and beautiful. The food, overall, is good. Tamara, the wedding coordinator, is really responsive and pleasant to work with. We planned the wedding from Chicago with no issues. She got us connected with an excellent cake maker--A Baked Romance--who made us a custom cake (us riding a roast pig). The pig was made of guava cake. Everyone was impressed by it. She also helped in any other way possible, giving us freedom to customize the set package as we like. Looking back, we are so pleased with how our wedding went.

Sent on 12/01/2014

A 'beauty of Hawaii' capturing, with a touch of class setting for your Special Day. Beautiful gardens with a variety of backdrops for assorted photos, delicious 5-star cuisine, all offered in a one-stop shop so guests and You don't need to travel all over the island. Wedding packages make planning a wedding a stress-free and enjoyable event.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Melanie Y. · Married on 06/13/2020

Our Wedding

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens and will never forget the day. We got married during the pandemic and wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it was better then we expected. Tamara took care of everything. All we had to worry about was showing up. The day went so smoothly. It was one of the best days of our lives.

Sent on 10/30/2020

Nancy A. · Married on 08/03/2018

Beautiful and intimate

It was a wonderful experience that my family would cherished forever. The place is beautiful and intimate. It was the perfect venue for the size of my 25th Anniversary celebration. Tamara was very responsive to my inquiries and accommodating to my requests.

Sent on 02/14/2019

Sara · Married on 04/26/2018

I was married at Ha'ikū Gardens in May of 2017. I worked with Tamara for months in order to create our perfect day! She was a wonderful coordinator to work with and was so helpful no matter what little changes I thought of making. What attracted us most to this location was the private garden with beautiful views as well as easy access to parking and a restaurant, so our guests wouldn't have to travel from place to place. Besides the obvious beauty of the property, all of the staff members of the restaurant also contributed to the ease of our wedding day. My husband and I, as all of our guests, were treated with such hospitality and good spirits and I got many compliments after the wedding about the amazing food, so thank you Chefs! Going into my own wedding process was much more confusing than looking at it from an outside perspective, so Tamara was a great help to me. This is such a special place to have in our memories and even more special because it's still there to visit and have brunch as a family. Mahalo nui loa Tamara & co.!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Cassandra · Married on 06/06/2014

3.5

Haiku gardens itself is a BEAUTIFUL place to have a reception. Its small, but intimate and lovely. My family and friends LOVED this place because the setting was tropical and peaceful. The food was also delicious, which is a huge deal in weddings, and the staff was very helpful and always giving their best service. Haiku gardens is the perfect place to have a wedding if you are looking for a hawaiian, tropical wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Stacie · Married on 12/01/2012

This is a great venue to have a wedding and reception. Everyone had a good time and loved the food. Tamara was so awesome to work with. She made me feel so comfortable that my wedding would be exactly the way I wanted it. The day of there was a few glitches (because of me and my bridal party) but Tamara and her staff were so great that I'm sure the guests had no idea. I would definitely use them again for other events as well.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Vaneza · Married on 11/17/2012

3.5

Food quality and quantity was excellent!
    Singer/Guitarist booked for us was exceptional and kept us entertained. What was promised to us was delivered and it was great working with Robyn and Tamara. They are professional and helpful.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Tj · Married on 06/21/2012

3.5

Our wedding at Haiku Gardens could not have been better! The entire staff took care of us and the planning was very easy. I was deployed during most of the planning, but my wife was able to handle all of it with the great help from Jennifer and Robyn. The day of the wedding was amazing. The venue is so beautiful and our entire family loved it. I highly recommend Haiku Gardens to any couple looking for an affordable, majestic, and stress free wedding.

Sent on 02/05/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2015

I got married sept 2015. Everything was perfect! My wedding was a destination wedding so there was a lot of added stress. Tamera was amazing! She always replied quickly to my random emails and calmed me down when I thought it was going to rain! I sent her pictures of what I wanted everything to look like and she took care of the rest! Definitely recommend the venue, especially for destination weddings.

Sent on 11/02/2015

We held our wedding at the Haiku Garden, and absolutely loved it. The location was beautiful. The service and food were both wonderful. Our guests, including my hard-to-please parents, were raving about the coconut shrimp and the kalua pig. Make sure to make these a part of your wedding.

Our coordinator, Tamara, was wonderful to work with. She kept us on task and on time. She was very flexible up to the very last minute with our requests, and accommodated where she could. We could not have asked for a better coordinator.

Her DJ recommendation was spot-on. He was able to get all of our guests on the dance floor! Our guests, photographer, and videographers all raved about him.

We had a wonderful wedding thanks to Haiku Garden. Would highly recommend to anyone

Sent on 05/30/2013

Gemma R. · Married on 09/05/2011

3.5

Haiku Gardens was an perfect backdrop for our Wedding. The secluded nature of Haiku Gardens created an intimate environment for us and our guests. The brunch buffet menu was amazing and the staff was really helpful and professional. Everyone had a blast and we will forever cherish the fact that we chose Haiku Gardens as the location for our special day.

Sent on 08/23/2012
  • User6419995 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.5

We got married at Haiku Gardens this past January and it was beautiful! We were nervous it might rain or be really hot and humid, but the day ended up being cool and slightly overcast - perfect for pictures. The atmosphere was laid back, and as a result we were able to fully enjoy the day. We didn't even have to worry about hurrying through pictures because our guests loved just exploring the gardens and soaking in the beauty of the Ko'olau Mountains.

Tamara, the coordinator was really flexible with us and totally came alongside of us to help us create a rustic feel in a tropical garden. We couldn't have done it without her! I used Pinterest a lot to gain a vision for our wedding and she was so supportive and encouraging throughout the whole process. I planned a lot of our wedding from Colorado so most of our communication was via email, but she was always quick to respond and patiently answered all of my questions. I tend to be pretty detailed oriented, but she never made me feel like I was asking too much.

The food was wonderful, and it was so nice - especially for our older relatives - to be able to go straight from the ceremony to the reception without having to travel very far. We brought in quite a few of our own vendors (we used the ala carte package) and Haleiwa Joes was very accommodating of them, so set -up and tear-down went really smoothly.

So glad we got married here!

Sent on 02/26/2016

Sandy · Married on 08/11/2012

4.2
      3.5

My husband and I are not the type into wedding detail planning. So when we checked out Haiku Gardens, we were smitten. Not only was the gardens the perfect location for an outfoor garden ceremony, the reception was just just steps away at the Haleiwa Joe's Restaurant premises. My guests didn't have to travel to another location to have their food and there was ample parking for everyone. Robyn our wedding coordinator made sure that I was on track with everything and I didn't have to worry about anything. The most important thing for me and my husband was the quality of the food and Haiku did not disappoint. In fact, my guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious every single dish was. We were also very impressed with the professionalism of the staff. Not only were they thorough, they were very warm and friendly as well. It made us relaxed and at ease all throughout the day. Thank you Haiku. We will always have happy memories of this day. Sandy T.

Sent on 08/28/2012
  • Britt

Brittany E. · Married on 03/19/2020

3.0
      3.0

Very beautiful location!

This is a beautiful venue for your wedding! The pictures you will get here are amazing! If you are looking for something cheaper, I wouldn’t recommend this location for you. If not, I would totally recommend this location for you! Tamara is great at making sure your decorations are done as well as all the little things to make sure your wedding is one to remember!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • U

Uilani · Married on 10/05/2013

Haiku Gardens was everything we wanted - an outdoor garden setting, an intimate feel with family & friends, and good food & drinks. The gardens were absolutely beautiful for our ceremony and the restaurant just as fantastic with a throwback feel to old Hawaii that we really love. We had 100+ guests and it never felt crowded...spacious, comfortable and inviting - or maybe that's because of the staff there. Cannot say enough about them - they were wonderful!
    Tamara, our wedding coordinator at Haiku, was flexible to the end as she helped arrange and take care of last minute changes. She kept everyone and everything on point that the day moved smoothly and seemingly effortlessly. She was completely unobtrusive (you’d never know she was there) and yet she was right on hand when we needed something.
    Parking is good, food delicious (easily one of the highlights of the day – doesn’t matter what you order), staff/service wonderful and location ideal for an all in one idyllic, outdoor wedding. We’d recommend getting married here.

Sent on 10/28/2013