Haiku Gardens Weddings Reviews

146 | Kaneohe, HI

146 Reviews for Haiku Gardens Weddings

Amanda · Married on 01/30/2016

My husband and I instantly fell in love with Haiku Gardens. We had our wedding there in January. It is such a beautiful location, and the coordinator Tamara was amazing to work with. During the entire planning process she was able to answer all of my questions and she always got back to me right away. She put in so much work to make our dream wedding a reality, even in the last few weeks before the event she was able to add in the small details I had requested.

All the vendors that we had booked through Haiku Gardens were also great! Heather from Delish Make-Up was willing to be up with us at 4 a.m. to make sure my bridesmaids and I looked perfect. And the harpist and officiant really made our ceremony memorable. On our wedding day we did run into some unexpected problems but my husband and I never felt rushed or frustrated. Tamara and the rest of the staff did an excellent job of taking care of everything so that we could enjoy our wedding. Our guests were raving about how beautiful the location was and how delicious the food was. Our wedding at Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joes was better than we imagined it would be. We’re so glad we choose them for our special day!!!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Lorigel · Married on 12/16/2015

We recently had our wedding at Haiku Gardens along with Haleiwa Joe's as our on site caterers. The views at this venue were just spectacular, and the food was just as awesome! We absolutely loved everything about our wedding day, thanks to our wonderful wedding coordinator Tamara! Planning a destination wedding was a breeze at Haiku Gardens with Tamara on your side planning every detail, every step of the way. The communication was great and our wedding day turned out spectacular and way more than we could ever hoped it would be! A day that we'll always remember for the rest of our lives with such joy in our hearts! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/15/2016
  • U

User5877907 · Married on 11/07/2015

Haiku Gardens is a beautiful location to have your dream wedding. One of the most important things to us during the planning process was to find a place that would have better than average food. The food was top-notch. Our guests loved the scenery and the delicious food. We still hear about how great the food was long after the wedding! Tamara was so wonderful to work with. She is very organized and really takes the time to help you during the entire process.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Hannah · Married on 10/23/2015

My now-husband and I knew we wanted a destination wedding, and it didn’t take us very long to choose Hawaii. We then decided we did not want a beach wedding, but something a little more lush. This narrowed down our options significantly, and we quickly landed on Haiku Gardens. We thought it looked gorgeous; we were pleased with the amount of information we could glean from the website (down to the a la carte wedding “menu”); and their wedding planner, Tamara Suyetsugu, was so responsive.

We booked Haiku Gardens about one year in advance (along with Haleiwa Joe’s for our reception). Almost all of the planning was done over e-mail, with a few phone calls. And there was a lot of planning to do—we ended up doing most everything through Haiku Gardens with the exception of only the photographer, videographer, and hair stylists/makeup artists. Even though Tamara was prompt, informative, and knowledgeable, we were nervous—planning from afar means we could show up and have everything be completely different from what we imagined/hoped. We were VERY GRATEFUL that our wedding turned out beautifully: the cake was yummy AND pretty (great approximation of the photo we provided), the food was delicious, the service was excellent, the surroundings were gorgeous, and Tamara made the entire experience almost 100% stress-free. Everything went smoothly, and we can remember our wedding fondly as a wonderful experience. Some of that is probably due to my husband and I being very chill ;) but this really is a fantastic venue that we DEFINITELY recommend for a special, beautiful celebration.

THANKS, Tamara, and to everyone else with Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe’s who helped us pull off our wedding!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Alexandra · Married on 09/25/2015

Tamara, the wedding planner/day of coordinator, was amazing. She was on top of everything. She picked out the perfect Officiant for me. The florist that she uses was amazing. I loved my bouquet. Everything was exactly what I asked for and exactly as I imagined it. The location is fabulous! The open air chapel was a great choice for my wedding but the gardens would have been amazing as well. Lots of great photo opportunities! We did not use the restaurant for our reception but it has beautiful views of the gardens! If I had to do it all over again I would definitely go back! Thank you Tamara for making my day perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/12/2015

Perfection is something brides strive for on their wedding day whether it's simple or glamourous. With Tamara, the wedding planner, she not only makes everything possible but she does so with promptness and professionalism…not to mention how effortless she makes everything seem. She instantaneously develops positive rapports with her clients and families as well as the vendors the venue works with. As a consumer, it spoke volumes to see the positive relationships she upholds with outside vendors that they keep coming back to work with her. If you're looking for a stress free, non-pushy, LOCAL coordinator and quaint venue, your search has ended right here. You'll be more than satisfied.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Leah · Married on 09/11/2015

We had about 60 people attend our wedding and we planned our wedding in just two weeks! I recommend having Tamara as your wedding planner and coordinator. She's very accommodating and easy to work with. On your wedding day you want everything to run smoothly and having someone to take care of all the details will make your day easy going and stress free, just as it should be.
    Ceremony: We chose Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's for our wedding ceremony for the beautiful surroundings. We knew we wanted an intimate outdoor wedding in a garden setting and Haiku Gardens was perfect for just that. Originally we wanted to get married on the garden grounds but since it stormed on our wedding day everything had to be moved into the outdoor chapel on site. Tamara our wedding coordinator took care of everything and made it a super easy move into the chapel. That's what's great about Haiku Gardens especially when planning an outdoor wedding. You need to be prepared for anything especially weather and since Haiku Gardens is located on the Windward side, it does rain often. We're so happy that the rain held out for us while we took our wedding photos. The pictures came out amazing! We went with L'amour Photography, Eric is awesome! I highly recommend L'amour when choosing a photographer for Haiku Gardens. We also had a harpist play before and during our ceremony, it was a beautiful addition that really set the tone for our wedding.
    Reception: Definitely go with Haleiwa Joe's for your wedding reception. The restaurant is located on the same property and the views are beautiful. We really enjoyed overlooking the gardens surrounded by the Koolau Mountains encompassed by nature. The food and service is great!! Everyone involved with Haleiwa Joe's made our day and our guests very happy.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Chas · Married on 08/29/2015

This venue was perfect for my husband and I! We loved Tamara and all her help planning the wedding in less then 2 months! This venue was beautiful! We had a scare with the weather but Tamara was ready to change over our ceremony to the chapel if needed to. She was such a stress reliver in planning the wedding! Our day was beautiful for us to always remember with the beautiful scenery of the haiku gardens and the mountains! The food at our reception from Haleiwa joes also was very Ono! We couldn't of asked for a better place to have our unforgettable day! Thank you Tamara and staff!

MC

Sent on 02/03/2016

Christina · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I had our Vow Renewal ceremony and reception at Haiku Gardens August 15, 2015.

Our wedding coordinator, Tamara, was a godsend from start to finish! She was extremely prompt with responding to all of my texts, phone calls, and emails, which to me was key as I was planning from out of state. She accommodated all of my ideas (demands, really) and was great with making changes as my ideas kept changing. I actually had a change of heart on several things two weeks prior to the day of, and not only did she not even blink an eye to my request, but she delivered! Tamara made the planning process smooth and stress free. The only regret I have is NOT booking all vendors through her as that was the only stress that I experienced.

Our day could not have been more perfect! The ceremony location was absolutely gorgeous. Being on the Windward side of Oahu, there is always a chance of rain. Haiku Gardens does offer an indoor chapel for those unfortunate days, fortunately we did not have to utilize this. The day of our ceremony, it rained the moment I arrived in the garden (*tears welling*) but we waited for five minutes and then the sun made an appearance and never left! The beautiful gardens provided the most picturesque backdrop, exactly what you think a Hawaiian wedding should be.

The reception area was perfect for our 75 guest reception. The food was delicious and so beautifully presented. The wait staff was on point; all of our guests kept raving at how attentive they were. The moment we sat down at our Sweetheart Table we were waited on hand and foot; offered drinks, appetizers, and then on to our meals. Not once did we have to ask for something as our server was always offering what we needed. Five star service all the way!

All in all, our experience was top notch. Tamara made the planning experience seamless, and the day of flawless without my having to lift a finger. I highly recommend Haiku Gardens; they did NOT disappoint!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Alice · Married on 08/08/2015

This wedding venue was absolutely stunning! Tamara, the wedding coordinator, was amazing to work with. She was very prompt with her responses to the hundreds of questions that I had. I was pretty stressed before the wedding, but during the wedding rehearsal, Tamara made sure that I knew how everything was going to work and flow the day of. The day of the wedding was a breeze! Tamara took care of every bump along the way and made sure to keep my husband and I were stress free! The food was delicious and the bartender and waiters were amazing. They were so attentive to all the guests and their needs and they were super happy. Overall, this wedding venue was affordable and the services they provided were so worth it!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Daniel · Married on 08/03/2015

From the moment we contacted Haiku Gardens, until well after the ceremony itself had finished, planning our wedding with Tamara was a wonderful experience. Tamara was always quick to answer any of the myriad questions we sent her. She showed great patience with us and seemed to instinctively understand what we wanted for our relatively small wedding group. Some of the best touches at our wedding were her suggestions.
    My only regret about our Haiku Gardens wedding was that we weren’t able to have our reception at the on sight restaurant. Judging by the throngs of people waiting to eat there, we missed something special.
    If you are looking for the a special location for your special day, with the staff that can make things go more smoothly than you thought possible, look no further than Haiku Gardens and Tamara.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Mel · Married on 08/01/2015

Wonderful experience!
    Wheng and I had our wedding on 01 August of 2015. We decided to use Haiku Gardens as our venue after meeting wedding planners at several vendors due to Tamara's tremendous assistance and the beauty of the venue. Our experience was so wonderful that I would recommend this experience to anyone looking for a magical wedding experience. The food and cuisine at Haliewa Joe's at the venue was excellent and we had many positive guest comments following the reception. The convenience of Haliewa Joe's to the ceremony is a big plus because guests didn't have to travel following the ceremony. I would recommend Haiku Gardens, and Tamara as well as Haliewa Joe's to anyone. It was perfect and magical. :) Mel Sharer - Kaneohe, HI

Sent on 08/17/2015

Jeremy · Married on 07/25/2015

We were very pleased with our ceremony at Haiku Gardens. (We held only our ceremony here, and the reception at a nearby venue). The venue was as beautiful as we’d hoped, and all of our guests were delighted by the atmosphere. The space easily accommodated our group of about 50 guests.

Our coordinator Tamara was easy to work with, and quite responsive. Of all our wedding events, the actual ceremony was among the least stressful because the details were clearly arranged, well in advance. We even arranged our officiant through Haiku Gardens, and were very pleased with his service.

I would certainly recommend Haiku Gardens to anyone planning a wedding on Oahu.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Brittney · Married on 07/18/2015

We had our wedding there on July 18th and it was the most Beautiful PERFECT Day!!!! From the ceremony to the reception, the amazing yummy food and all the extras in between. The wedding Planner and point of contact (Tamara) was absolutely AMAZING!!!! She made sure everything ran smoothly and ALL our needs were met. Even when I freaked out about a few things she took care of it rite away!!! I highly recommend Haiku Gardens Weddings they work with your budget and accommodate your every need!!! Thanks Haiku Gardens and Tamara for making our special day one that we'll ALWAYS remember!!!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Ai · Married on 06/15/2015

We had a wonderful wedding ceremony and reception party at Haiku Garden and Halei'wa Joe restaurant. Beautiful deep green tropical garden made us relax and smile, and all of our guests said it was the best place for them too. Totally satisfied, thank you, Tamara!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Aaron · Married on 05/15/2015

My girlfriend at the time and I was looking for a nice place for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. My cousin referred us Haleiwa Joe's. We immediately fell in love with the whole atmosphere. After we became engaged we knew this was the place where we wanted to be married.

We were looking for something different and didn't want the typical Hawaiian beach wedding. Being a destination wedding we really liked how there was different packages available that best suited us. It made our planning so much easier having most of everything included in the package. My wife and I really loved how accommodating and attentive Tamara was throughout the whole process.

Our family and friends were just speechless when seeing the location for the first time. Every person that has seen the location through pictures mentioned how it looks like a scene from a fairytale.

Every vendor Tamara referred us to was extremely nice and professional and we were very impressed with everyone involved making our dream wedding.

We have and will recommend Haiku Gardens to anyone even considering having a destination wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Christine · Married on 05/04/2015

From the moment I walked into Haleiwa Joe's Haiku Gardens over a decade ago, I was awestruck by the majestic backdrop of the Ko'olau Mountains. I knew that when the day would come for my Dream Wedding, the venue would be here. That day finally came in May!

We are so happy to have chosen this slice of paradise! This place holds such a meaningful place in my heart. It is a true hidden gem!

Aside from the perfect location and stunning atmosphere, I knew all our guests wound enjoy the delicious food based on my countless dining experiences here. All our guests raved about the food! The best part was that it was buffet style. Our guests happily went back for more helpings.

More so, the key factor to highlight was our amazing Wedding Coordinator, Tamara! She was the strong foundation behind everything. From our very first communication, she executed caring professionalism and a deep passion to help us create a magical Wedding Reception, above and beyond our dreams! She guided and supported me with every single detail. Furthermore, she excels above and beyond planning and coordinating. Tamara has a wonderful gift of sharing true understanding, excitement and joy for brides to be! She is such a blessing!

We loved having chosen Haleiwa Joe's Haiku Gardens! You get a true value in choosing this place in all ways, including affordability. All of our guests sincerely continue to tell us that Haleiwa Joe's was a breathtaking tropical paradise surprise. They exclaim that it was the best Wedding Reception they have ever attended!
    Mahalo nui loa Haleiwa Joe's, the cook, staff and Tamara! You made our Dream Wedding a reality!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Sharni · Married on 04/10/2015

We recently had our wedding here in April 2015 and Tamara is just amazing, she really listened to our vision and made it a reality. The gardens are just beautiful and they are a perfect piece of private paradise. Everything was just amazing, they really went above and beyond!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Katherine · Married on 03/14/2015

I can’t say enough how much my husband and I and all of our family and friends enjoyed our wedding day. We had a morning ceremony in the beautiful gardens with a lunch reception at Haleiwa Joe’s which overlooks Haiku Gardens. We had lots of guests coming from out of town, so having the ceremony and reception at one place was perfect for all of them. The food was delicious and plentiful, and Tamara, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. She was so organized, professional, and approachable and took care of everything for us. My schedule is so busy, so we planned everything through e-mail and everything went off without a hitch. Whether you want a small wedding with a few family members, or you want to have an elaborate event, Tamara has the experience and expertise to make it happen!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Angela · Married on 02/15/2015

I could not ask for more perfect locations. I was not interested in a beach wedding. I wanted green, flowers, and just beautiful scenery, and I believe i got all of that. I believe the price was fair and affordable. I love my pictures because the background is perfect. My wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and friendly. Being from Alaska and getting married in Hawaii, can be difficult. So i was very grateful for her, helping me make my day perfect.
    I did have my reception off site. Not because of I had any issues with there restaurant but because I had a smaller party, and needed a smaller venue. I loved every minuet at the Gardens and If I could I would do it all over again there.

Sent on 11/21/2015
  • Kelly K

Kelly · Married on 12/27/2014

5/5 stars on all counts!

1. Location - doesn't get any better than this. It must be the most beautiful spot on the island, with lush plants and flowers, adorable gazebo on the pond, and tropical mountains in the background. My out-of-state guests were impressed. There were also so many great photo opps provided by the gardens.

2. Price/Package - I liked having several packages to choose from, as well as an ala carte menu. We did ala carte because we didn't want everything on the smallest package, but we wanted other options that weren't included. It was great to have that flexibility.

3. Food/Reception - We had a small party, and the restaurant set us up with a beautiful table with a great view, and Tamara had set everything up with the bride & groom signs, favors, and wedding cake table. The food was so so delicious and was cheaper than having a caterer. My groom LOVED his big hunk of prime rib (it was huge!) and everyone liked choosing whatever they wanted off the regular menu. It was also great to make people try local foods like ahi poke by ordering appetizers ahead of time. The drinks were also delicious. We also loved being able to look down at our ceremony location while we ate!

4. Tamara, wedding coordinator-amazing! I had never been to a wedding before ours, so I didn't know what I was doing... it was great to have guidance. Everything was so easy & stress-free! She was SO communicative - I emailed her probably 100 times and she got back to me almost always the same day or the day after at the latest. She helped me find a great violinist, photographer and florist, without me having to do a thing. The day of, Tamara set up the pretty bridal room (with a new GIANT mirror), was running back and forth with messages to and from my family, and was there for every need.

5. Weather - The weather was beautiful, but it relieved stress knowing we had the open-air chapel as a great back-up plan in case of rain.

We love Haiku Gardens and Tamara!!!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Madison · Married on 12/14/2014

Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's is the perfect place to plan your wedding and reception!!

One of my girlfriends visited the restaurant when she was on Oahu and as I was doing research on finding a venue I stumbled across this gem again. We wanted to stay on the windward side of the island so I knew something outside of Honolulu was a better option for us. Honestly, Haiku Gardens was better than I imagined! It was the most stunning wedding and reception that I could have asked for.

We did a simple, morning wedding with a brunch that followed. It was rainy that day and it could not have been a more mystical and gorgeous setting to marry the love of my life!

Thank you Tamara for making it so easy to plan! She was amazing! She listened to every detail and made my day effortless.

The music, photography, flowers, food, cake and service were all top notch. I cannot say enough great things about this magical place. It truly was a dream wedding!!!

Sent on 02/06/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 12/13/2014

My wedding at Haiku Gardens was fabulous and it was exactly what I had imagined! I wanted my special day to be very intimate and just surrounded with the people that we love... and that's exactly what we got. Haiku Gardens is a beautiful venue at the base of the Koolaus in Kaneohe with a gorgeous garden area and chapel. My fiancé and I decided to have our ceremony in the Chapel and it was just what we wanted. I still can't believe that I was able to pull this wedding ceremony off in just about 5 weeks! I know that sounds unbelievable, but wait until you meet Tamara, the AWESOME wedding coordinator! She definitely kept an eye on the details and deadlines and was always professional, polite and on top of everything. She was so easy to work with and very accommodating. The food and service was AMAZING and all of the guests enjoyed themselves. I highly recommend Haiku Gardens!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Haiku Gardens was the place that my husband and I had our first kiss, and I never could have dreamed that we would be married in such a beautiful place! This place is truly magical. We had a very small wedding (25 people total), and almost all of our guests have said it was the most beautiful and tranquil wedding they have ever attended. If you are looking for a private and beautiful venue with a fairytale feeling, this is your place! In addition to a beautiful ceremony space and amazing backdrop for pictures, the food and service at dinner was awesome! Most importantly, the venue comes with a wedding coordinator (Tamara) who takes care of all of the details for you from beginning to end. She is kind, professional, and just a really great and hardworking person. Haiku Gardens is like a hidden gem, and if you can get it for a wedding venue - I say snap it up quickly!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Sonia · Married on 10/18/2014

I had a wedding and reception at Haiku Gardens almost 2 weeks ago. The wedding turned out to be perfect and Tamara did a fantastic job as a wedding coordinator of the venue. The Haiku Gardens is such a beautiful place to get married and the food at the reception from their restaurant was great. The prime rib is a must to get!!! Thank you so much Tamara and her team at Haiku Gardens for all your help on our special day.

Sent on 10/30/2014