Haiku Gardens Weddings Reviews

142 | Kaneohe, HI

142 Reviews for Haiku Gardens Weddings

• Lorraine

Lorraine Basoc · Getting married on 03/07/2022

Perfect wedding venue and reception

Tamara and her team were very responsive and flexible. Despite the uneventful circumstances, Tamara and the continued communication between the vendors made our day perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Elizabeth Meyers · Married on 02/12/2020

Easy and Simple

I really don't know how many times I overlooked this place when looking for a wedding venue. When I finally stopped and looked at what Haiku Gardens offered I was surprised. It checked all of our boxes!
    *reasonably priced
    *private
    *Comes with a planner
    *great food

I really could go on! The gardens are closed to the public for your wedding and then you get the restaurant to yourself until 2:30! I wanted privacy over all else. I didn't want people walking around in the back of a wedding photo, but I knew privacy came at a cost and with a budget, I knew it would be hard but with Tamara, everything was a million times more easy.

I came to her 7 months before we wanted to get married and she didn't bat an eye. I really just had to give her photos of what I wanted or something close to it and she did it. I wanted a minimalist hippie theme and I got it. She helped me narrow down what I thought I wanted to what I actually wanted. I really can't thank her enough.

I would recommend even for a smaller event, a million times over.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Kai

Kai Perkins · Married on 12/10/2019

Exceptional Experience at Haiku Gardens

You don't have to look any further for a wedding venue, pick up the phone and call Tamara to save your date. We recently got married at Haiku Gardens in Kaneohe and couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding. From the venue itself to Tamara and her team, Haiku Gardens provides a truly exceptional wedding.
    The overwhelming feedback from our friends and family was how beautifully smooth our wedding day looked and felt. This is largely attributed to Tamara's talent, organizational skills, transparency, and of course the venue. Not to deter from how much work it takes to plan a wedding, Tamara and Haiku helped to make it look effortless. The end result was our dream wedding.
    The venue itself is breathtaking! Set back in Kaneohe, you would never know this oasis existed and that is part of the charm. As you embark down the paved path from the parking lot to the gardens, you pass the restaurant with a thatched roof, which reminds you of an earlier era in Hawaii. Continuing down the path, a tropical landscape comes in to view, complete with a gazebo and pond full of fish and turtles. Finally, you've arrived at the oasis, the Haiku Gardens. Should you opt for a more traditional setting, a chapel can also be found in the gardens  However, your ceremony can be configured in a number of layouts around the gardens with so many options as a backdrop for your day.
    In addition to a ceremony site, Haiku Gardens offers use of their restaurant, Haleiwa Joe's (the thatched roof restaurant you walked past on your way down to the gardens) for your reception. This is where the magic of Tamara and her team continued to make our dream wedding come true. With a plethora of options for pupu's, our guests devoured the Tempura Crab Rolls, Bruschetta, and Fruit which paired nicely with the bar.
    And the bar and bar staff did not disappoint! Nearly every guest made it a point to let us know how impressed they were with the service they received from the staff. The staff came around to replenish empty drinks as quickly as they could. This is the kind of attention to detail that does not go unnoticed, so big Mahalo to the staff.  Insider tip, the Li Hing Margarita was a show stopper! Thank you for keeping the drinks flowing!
    Of course the buffet was on par with everything else at Haiku/Haleiwa Joe's. The coconut mac nut chicken, grilled fresh fish, and kalua pig were so delicious. Honestly, there are so many options it will be hard to narrow down your selection to offer to your guests. You can't go wrong with any of the menu options. Looking around, it seemed like all of our guests loved the food.
    With countless photo booth companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick one to go with. However, our photo booth from Party Pix Hawaii was absolutely beautiful, the backdrop was perfect, the props were so funny, and best of all the custom layout helped photos look awesome! The candy buffet from Victoria's Sweets was a massive success. She had so many options with the best containers and scoops to make the candy buffet look awesome. She did a great job setting up the table, it was just what we wanted.
    The photographer Eric from L'amour was incredible! Eric made the day great with his personality and energy. He was flexible and accommodating with the photos we wanted. He ran a smooth operation and made us laugh at the right times. The pictures turned out beautifully, we are so happy with the results. I cannot recommend Eric enough! The florals from Passion Roots was everything and more. Words cannot express how beautiful and breathtaking the floral arrangements were. From the ceremony alter and isle pieces to the reception center pieces and arrangements around the venue were truly breath taking. If we already weren't in a garden, the flowers from Passion Roots made it feel like we were submerged in a tropical garden. Not to mention the cascade floral arrangement were to die for. Thank you!
    Ultimately, we were beyond thrilled with our wedding at Haiku Gardens. A massive Mahalo to Tamara and all the hands that helped prepare this day for us. I could not recommend Haiku Gardens and Tamara more. Truly an exceptional wedding experience.

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Diane-Nicole

Diane-Nicole · Married on 08/31/2019

Breathtaking lush garden wedding

My husband and I had our wedding at Haiku Gardens back in August. We had taken a look at several locations around the island and we both automatically knew we wanted to have our wedding there! We LOVED the lush green garden, it was exactly what we were looking for. I'm originally from Hawaii, so half of our guests would be flying in from the mainland. Keeping our guests in mind - we wanted to give them a beautiful experience outside of Waikiki, where most of them who were flying in would be staying.
    During the wedding planning process, we kept in contact with Tamara through email during the months preceding our date. We were wondering difficult it would be planning a wedding from California, but Tamara made it so seamless and easy! It was easy to reach her and she was very responsive. Every email was so detail oriented which eased off a lot of stress. We already had found a few vendors on our end and she helped us find the rest.
    Seeing everything come together during the big day was absolutely breathtaking! Since Haiku Gardens is on the windward side of the island, it does have a tendency to rain there more often. We did have a few sprinkles during the ceremony but it added to the magic of it (and hey, they say it's good luck). All of our guests loved the garden, it felt like our own private oasis. Everything ran so smoothly, huge thanks to Tamara and team!!

Sent on 03/18/2020

Lev Cabanera Price · Married on 08/17/2019

Best Day Ever!

This review is way overdue along with our thank you cards to our family and friends.

After contacting several hotels and venues, James and I decided to get married at Haiku Gardens on 8/17/19. Little did we know, it was also the day of the sold out Cowboys/Rams football game lol.

Nonetheless, we are so glad we choose this beautiful and intimate garden and a one-venue location for both the ceremony and reception. They have an affordable wedding package with great vendors (Officiant Kimo Taylor, We Heart Cake Company, Picket Fence Florist and Eric from Lamour Hawaii). The food at Haleiwa Joe’s was delicious which we really couldn’t enjoy but know our guests did! Lastly, Tamara our awesome wedding coordinator is amazing! She made our 4 month wedding planning less stressful and took care of pretty much everything. She responded to my unending emails in a timely manner and put all my worries at ease. I just don’t know how she does this for so many couples!

With that said, we HIGHLY recommend Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe’s as their services and staff are exceptional! We are truly blessed and thankful for them making our wedding day the best day ever and so memorable for our close family and friends! We can’t wait to come back and really enjoy that prime rib!

-The Prices

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Maria

Maria Fiedes Doctor · Married on 03/08/2019

Better than we expected and imagined

It was the best wedding ever! Everything turned out better than we expected. Tamara, our coordinator, was very helpful before and during the wedding. She was able to execute what I envisioned and so much more. She made it better than we imagined! On the day of the wedding, she constantly assured me that all will be well (and it was). I didn't worry about anything. The food at Haleiwa Joe’s and the service were exceptional! During the wedding, several guests have come up to us and told us that the food was great and the wedding was the most unique, memorable wedding they have seen. If you’re looking for a garden wedding, this is your place! It is a magical. The greenery will make your photos look awesome and the people will make it memorable!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Brittney

Brittney Strathmann · Married on 01/18/2019

Tropical Wedding Vibes

We just had our wedding in || P A R A D I S E || at Haiku on 1.18.19. Let me just tell you if you are even thinking Haiku might be a good fit for your big day don’t think twice.... || I T I S || !!!! Tamara is legit the most amazing person to work with, she’s personable, knowable & so friendly! She went above and beyond on so many things for us, we can’t thank her enough. The gardens are a magical place, the feels & of course the views are the most amazing thing ever! Our family can’t stop talking about how perfect it was...we got a little rain but that didn’t stop us one bit. It might have even made it better, we had a very boho chic themed wedding so the rain added to it perfectly!! Ok now lets get to the good good stuff....the bar & food!!
    || O U T O F T H I S W O R L D || !! We did tempura crab rolls, chicken skewers, pork, macadamia chicken, ahi tuna, new potatoes, Mac salad etc.... it was all so good!! We still keep getting messages that our family is dreaming about the food at Haleiwa Joes! We had a large group from WI and if you know anything about WI we love to have a good time! Our bartender Ashley was amazing, so friendly & fun, we couldn’t have asked for more. || H O N E S T L Y || HAIKU & HALEWIA JOES exceeded our expectations, we planned our wedding from 4,137 miles away and put all our trust in || T A M A R A || and it was magical!!! We will continue to recommend them to any of our family traveling to Oahu. Thank you again to everyone at Haiku & Haleiwa Joes. ♡ The Strathmann’s

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Keyra

Keyra Kaopuiki · Married on 12/22/2018

Lovely Wedding Experience

Haiku Gardens is truly a special place, with a beautiful garden backdrop and a restaurant venue with delicious food and drinks. Tamara really makes it so easy, she has all the details, all the options, she can really provide just about anything you need. Our garden ceremony was intimate and beautiful, our photographer (part of the package) knew all the spots to shoot and made it so seamless and easy. Our luncheon was awesome, the servers are fantastic, the food (tossed salad with miso oriental dressing, shrimp pasta, fried noodles, prime rib, and more) was so delicious. The bartenders were amazing as well, they kept the beers, Long Islands, and shots flowing. At the end of the day, there was no stress for me, only happy memories of enjoying my wedding day with my husband, family, and friends. Thank you, Haiku Gardens Weddings.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Selena · Married on 10/25/2018

My Husband and I got married April 2nd. We decided in February to get married in Hawaii instead of traveling home to the mainland and we were lucky to find such a wonderful place on short timeline. Tamara is a lovely person and was very quick to getting back to us and took care of flowers, cake, photographer and Haleiwa Joe's has wonderful food, when my husband found out they would be serving food he was very excited. He has eaten there before and loves their prime rib. The venue is so beautiful with a small lake, an open air chapel so you don't have to worry about it raining on you. The venue also has a tropical garden that is very well maintained. When a wedding is not going on it is open to the public but will be closed off for your ceremony so it is very private. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/29/2018

cheradee · Married on 10/25/2018

Spectacular and Amazing

Where do I start. Haiku Gardens is the most sirene gardens you can be at. So peaceful and so breathe taking. Most of all Tamara was the greatest. Got the things I wanted and made it happen. I felt that I was very difficult to deal with but Tamara was very patient with me through the whole process.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful wedding in every way!

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens in October 2018. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day surrounded by the breathtaking nature and creation of the garden. Sitting in the base of the Ko’olau mountains with lush, green trees and vibrant flowers, a gazebo and pond with turtles made it special for our guests too! We thoroughly enjoyed being in the environment. Working with Tamara was so easy. She has a lot of experience as a wedding coordinator and made planning my wedding super smooth and stress free. She is a very pleasant person to talk to, open to hear your thoughts and ideas, but will also help guide you if you’re not sure what to do next. I highly recommend Haiku Gardens for your future wedding!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Jamie Kubo · Married on 10/06/2018

Unforgettable Wedding Experience

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens in October. The site is beautiful and it was exactly how we pictured our day wedding to be. The food was delicious of course. What we really appreciated most was the help from Tamara and the staff there. Tamara helped organize many of the awesome vendors that we had at our wedding and made sure everything was coordinated to make the entire day run as smoothly as possible for all to enjoy. Tamara was there throughout the entire process to make sure nothing was left out. Being a coordinator myself, I appreciated all of the details she made sure to check off throughout the time of my reservation until after the reception was over. I would definitely recommend this venue to all of my family and friends!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Vicky

Vicky · Married on 10/04/2018

Don't hesitate, book this venue!

Wedding Ceremony/Reception: 10/4/18 We chose to do both our ceremony and reception at Haiku Gardens. There is absolutely nothing that we regret about our day. It's months later and we're still often told how beautiful, seamless, and fun our wedding was. We simply can't take all the credit. Tamara, her amazing vendors, and Haleiwa Joe's staff truly made our day unforgettable. As a coordinator, Tamara was always so prompt with her email replies (we planned from CO) and never pressured me to make a decision (even though we were coming down to just weeks before the wedding). Her responses were thorough and kind, and always so very patient. We felt extremely taken care of the whole day, our guests included. The ceremony site in the gardens will always hold such a special place in my heart. It's breathtaking and the fact that we got married in that lush little heaven will forever stay in my heart. The food during our reception was just as great as the service and staff. Sometimes with buffet style you find the food to be over seasoned, under seasoned, or over cooked. This definitely was not the case with Haleiwa Joe's. I'm not sure if they were allowed to, but many of our guests happily went home with heaping take away boxes of leftovers :) The buffet was well tended to the duration of our reception. I don't know how the staff kept up with the constant drink orders, but they never skipped a beat! Shot after shot, they poured with a happy laugh. Like I mentioned above, we've been back at home in CO for a few months now and our friends still talk about how much fun our wedding was. So much of that is because of all of the staff, vendor teams, and Tamara. We're truly so, so grateful for everything you all did for us. Book with Haiku Gardens/Haleiwa Joe's. You wont regret it

Sent on 01/18/2019

Cheryl Santos · Married on 09/29/2018

Unforgettable

We were so pleased with the service and professionalism at haiku gardens. The wedding coordinator Tamara and her staff made our special day unforgettable. The food was amazing for a buffet. The price for the wedding package was affordable. Everything was perfect. Cheryl &Rj Santos

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jill Ly · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic Wedding Venue!!!

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens and had our reception at their restaurant (on site) Haleiwa Joes. We got such positive feedback from our family and friends who attended. They loved the scenery and the cozy, relax feel they got from the reception. The food was also a highlight! Prime Rib is a must!

Tamara is the best! She is very efficient with responding to emails! I had a lot of questions that she answered with proficiency! She's very patient, and hospitable! I felt very comfortable when first meeting her! Tamara is open to meeting with you at the Garden to go over an questions you may have or if you want to view the venue. She's with you every step of the way and has a list of vendors that they work with. I can't thank her enough for all her help! She is great wedding coordinator!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Lily Cook · Married on 08/08/2018

Book this place now for your wedding

We had the most PERFECT wedding at Haiku Gardens! The process was very smooth from choosing the venue, to choosing the food, flowers, decor, music, officiant, photographer, and so much more!

Tamara, the wedding planner/coordinator was amazing to work with and kept me updated every step of the way. She is seriously the best!! We planned the wedding from Colorado, and I never felt stressed or worried that we would not have the wedding we were envisioning. She worked easily with our budget and gave us important suggestions that we would not have considered otherwise. I could not have imagined going through the wedding day without Tamara keeping everything on track and making sure everything went smoothly. There was hurricane predicted on our wedding day, but luckily we had a brief "good luck" rain shower, and there was no hurricane in sight! If there was, they had a covered chapel available as well.

The food and atmosphere of Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's were amazing, and guests have not stopped commenting how beautiful it was! They also help to set up the tables, chairs, and decorations so you don't have to worry about a thing! Tamara even documented our wedding set-up from start to finish on Instragram, which was also really cool, as we got to see all the behind the scenes hard work they put in to make sure every wedding is perfect. We loved every aspect of our wedding, and could not have been happier. I would HIGHLY recommend Haiku Gardens and Tamara for your wedding, you will not regret it! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!! :)

Sent on 11/07/2018

Kim Higashi · Married on 07/29/2018

Absolutely Perfect

We couldn’t have had our wedding at a better location. It is a beautiful venue and Tamara was so easy to work with! I would highly recommended having your special day there!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Edge Yuen · Married on 07/14/2018

A beautiful wedding in the lush green mountains of Kaneohe

Anybody can have their wedding in a concrete jungle, golf course, country club or beach but having it in your own private tropical garden is awesome!!
    That's what Haiku gardens is-a serene secluded (bug free ..they spray every friday) garden with a quaint little chappel and gazebo. A perfect alternative to other spots for a very memorable ceremony.
    Not only was Haiku Gardens a perfect setting it also had the perfect Wedding coordinator Tamara. Tamara took care of the planning and knew exactly how to support us and even had very helpful suggestions. Tamara was always willing to help and was very efficient, cool and quick answering our many questions and had the remedy to every concern that we had.
    Not only is Tamara the coordinator for the Haiku Gardens ceremonys but if you go with renting out "Haliewa Joes" for the reception (additional $500 just to close it down) Tamara is also the coordinator for the venue as well. Off course Tamara was also just as dilligent, friendly, calm patient and accomodating there too. She was always on the same page as us in terms of discussing details, offering options, and simply reassuring us that things were on track. She is incredibly calm in the midst of the mutitude of questions; we appreciated her steadfast commitment to our special day!
    We also had our reception at "Haleiwa Joes" too. Their food was good and their prime rib was so good ( some say the best on the island at an additional cost to add to their menu packages).
    The setting is casual with a local flavor (a lot of polished wood), very open and airy with fans throughout. The ceiling fans gave a local flair to the ambiance!
    So if you are looking for a beautiful unique setting for your ceremony or if you are wanting the ceremony and reception in one setting give Haiku Gardens a try you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Marcus · Married on 04/02/2018

My wife and I got married at Haiku Gardens on April 2nd and had an incredible experience. Despite the heavy downfall of rain (which obviously was not their fault and expected in Hawaii), Tamara and her crew did a fantastic job making sure our guests were sheltered from the rain before heading down to the chapel... and most importantly, the bride was protected and delivered unscathed from the rain! Tamara was fantastic to work with, especially with us coming from California. Her communications with us were timely and helpful. He provided references and direction regarding vendors and structure for the day. When it came to our reception lunch, the food at Haleiwa Joe's was great! Our guests were impressed with how good the food turned out because buffets you can easily get over cooked and under or over flavored food. Because of the beautiful location, the great food, and fantastic service and support for planning a destination wedding, I would highly recommend Haiku Gardens for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 05/06/2018

haunani · Married on 03/23/2018

The experience that my Husband and I had at our wedding at Haiku Gardens was amazing. The food was great and the staff treated us and our guests like 'Ohana. I am glad that I chose Haiku Gardens as my wedding because I knew that I wanted my wedding to be simple, but yet beautiful that was surrounded by lush green trees and mountains. Haiku Gardens gave me the wedding of my dreams, and Tamara is the BEST wedding coordinator that I have ever came across. She was very helpful and patient during the stressful moments of our wedding. So thankful and blessed that we got the opportunity to have our wedding there!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jordan · Married on 02/21/2018

My wife and I had an incredible yet intimate wedding ceremony here. Tamara went above and beyond all of our expectations to have our wedding day perfect. To the officiant, wedding singer, and photographer, nothing was subpar. We highly recommend coming to Haiku Gardens to have your wedding. You won’t be disappointed from the service nor the scenery. It’s exceptional.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Colton · Married on 02/17/2018

I have nothing but excellent things to say about getting married at Haiku Gardens. If that’s all you need to hear, then book with Tamara immediately. You won’t regret it. Also, ours was a gay wedding with absolutely NO problems, so bring it here LGBTQ community!

Venue (5/5)
    Haiku Gardens blows the competition out of the water. I’m in Boston now but grew up 10 min away from the venue and still I was floored by its beauty. The pictures are stellar but even they don’t do the venue justice. Our wedding was in February so it ended up being cool (and luckily no real showers) but if you’re going to be outside in the summer prepare for warmth.

Also, the view from the restaurant will knock your guests socks off (and makes for a KILLER backdrop for photos)

Planning (6/5)
    Tamara was hands-down the reason we picked this place and is the reason we’d come back (maybe renewing our vows?) She has a smooth process in place with spreadsheets that help catch what you might miss in planning. Her deep experience in planning weddings means she can provide valuable suggestions throughout (and be creative in solutions day-of.)

Again, we were in Boston planning with a 6 hour time difference and she was prompt in her responses and persistent if we didn’t answer something she needed. What she brings to the sweetheart table cannot be overstated.

Execution (5/5)
    Go for the spiral setup so you can walk down the aisle and see each person’s face. It was a breathtaking moment that I will cherish forever. If you have to set up anything beforehand, you and your family can arrive early to place flowers/lei/settings and she has a team to help. Tamara organized the other vendors for us (Music for the ceremony, Music for reception, Photo booth and food/drink.)

Photography was also clutch - Eric made us laugh and got some excellent pics throughout. Bottomline is that her list of preferred vendors are easy to work with, reasonably priced and totally worth it.

Sent on 04/18/2018

GenieRose · Married on 12/30/2017

We planned our wedding for a little over 12 months...recently married at Haiku Gardens on 12/30/17. Tamara was always so quick to help me with all items needed to be arranged from the ceremony to the reception (Haleiwa Joe's). She met with me early and always calmed me down if I got a little excited. She was always helpful on ideas, recommendations and working with my budget. Let me tell you specifically about our ceremony... Tamara helped me plan the decor for the chapel and the layout, she handled all the final arrangements of the decorations in the chapel and it was BEAUTIFUL. She worked with my budget and helped me create something so amazing with whatever little I had. She gave me more than I expected so I am so grateful to write this review for her. I have had my share of bad parties and bad party planning... she calmed my nerves and handled everything for me and all she wanted was to make me happy on my special day. I'm tearing writing this because I never thought this day would had been so amazingly coordinated and executed... I have Tamara to thank for this. The gardens and chapel were beautiful but the wedding coordinator to me was the REAL star. I love you for all you've done for us Tamara. You made my wedding day so amazing I could never thank you enough.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Alyssa · Married on 12/23/2017

My husband and I are were utterly BLESSED to have married at Haiku Gardens in December 2017! The gardens are lush with green, crisp air, the Ko'olau mountain was a natural backdrop, and a level-below-heaven. My walk down the aisle from the gazebo to the stone stairs really made the waterworks lol.
    Our guests really enjoyed the gardens as well as the reception food. Hale'iwa Joe's was so delicious and you are guaranteed for a kanack attack (aka food coma). Some hadn't visited here for 10+ years or it was there very first time and they loved it :) I'd like to give a very big mahalo to our wedding coordinator, Tamara (highly recommend)! She's incredibly organized, patient, and kept step with us every step of the way as we planned within less than 6 months. No other place i'd recommend to marry! God bless!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Rachael · Married on 12/22/2017

My husband and I just got married at Haiku Gardens in December. The location is beautiful, the food is amazing, and to top it off we had the best service! Tamara was our wedding coordinate for Haiku Gardens, and she was the reason it was a success. She respond to all of my emails and answered all of my questions kindly and promptly. I was lucky enough to have rain on my wedding day, despite the weather report saying it was supposed to be sunny. Tamara helped calm my nerves, and she and her team were so flexible and made everything work out perfectly! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's is where you need to go! Thank you so much Tamara and all the Haleiwa Joe's and Haiku Gardens staff for all you did for us!

Sent on 03/08/2018