Haiku Gardens Weddings Reviews

Haiku Gardens Weddings 7
  • Brittney

Brittney Strathmann · Married on 01/18/2019

Tropical Wedding Vibes

We just had our wedding in || P A R A D I S E || at Haiku on 1.18.19. Let me just tell you if you are even thinking Haiku might be a good fit for your big day don’t think twice.... || I T I S || !!!! Tamara is legit the most amazing person to work with, she’s personable, knowable & so friendly! She went above and beyond on so many things for us, we can’t thank her enough. The gardens are a magical place, the feels & of course the views are the most amazing thing ever! Our family can’t stop talking about how perfect it was...we got a little rain but that didn’t stop us one bit. It might have even made it better, we had a very boho chic themed wedding so the rain added to it perfectly!! Ok now lets get to the good good stuff....the bar & food!!
    || O U T O F T H I S W O R L D || !! We did tempura crab rolls, chicken skewers, pork, macadamia chicken, ahi tuna, new potatoes, Mac salad etc.... it was all so good!! We still keep getting messages that our family is dreaming about the food at Haleiwa Joes! We had a large group from WI and if you know anything about WI we love to have a good time! Our bartender Ashley was amazing, so friendly & fun, we couldn’t have asked for more. || H O N E S T L Y || HAIKU & HALEWIA JOES exceeded our expectations, we planned our wedding from 4,137 miles away and put all our trust in || T A M A R A || and it was magical!!! We will continue to recommend them to any of our family traveling to Oahu. Thank you again to everyone at Haiku & Haleiwa Joes. ♡ The Strathmann’s

Haiku Gardens Weddings 8
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 9
  • Keyra

Keyra Kaopuiki · Married on 12/22/2018

Lovely Wedding Experience

Haiku Gardens is truly a special place, with a beautiful garden backdrop and a restaurant venue with delicious food and drinks. Tamara really makes it so easy, she has all the details, all the options, she can really provide just about anything you need. Our garden ceremony was intimate and beautiful, our photographer (part of the package) knew all the spots to shoot and made it so seamless and easy. Our luncheon was awesome, the servers are fantastic, the food (tossed salad with miso oriental dressing, shrimp pasta, fried noodles, prime rib, and more) was so delicious. The bartenders were amazing as well, they kept the beers, Long Islands, and shots flowing. At the end of the day, there was no stress for me, only happy memories of enjoying my wedding day with my husband, family, and friends. Thank you, Haiku Gardens Weddings.

Haiku Gardens Weddings 10
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 11
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 12
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 13
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 14
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 15

Selena · Married on 10/25/2018

My Husband and I got married April 2nd. We decided in February to get married in Hawaii instead of traveling home to the mainland and we were lucky to find such a wonderful place on short timeline. Tamara is a lovely person and was very quick to getting back to us and took care of flowers, cake, photographer and Haleiwa Joe's has wonderful food, when my husband found out they would be serving food he was very excited. He has eaten there before and loves their prime rib. The venue is so beautiful with a small lake, an open air chapel so you don't have to worry about it raining on you. The venue also has a tropical garden that is very well maintained. When a wedding is not going on it is open to the public but will be closed off for your ceremony so it is very private. I highly recommend this venue.

Jamie Kubo · Married on 10/06/2018

Unforgettable Wedding Experience

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens in October. The site is beautiful and it was exactly how we pictured our day wedding to be. The food was delicious of course. What we really appreciated most was the help from Tamara and the staff there. Tamara helped organize many of the awesome vendors that we had at our wedding and made sure everything was coordinated to make the entire day run as smoothly as possible for all to enjoy. Tamara was there throughout the entire process to make sure nothing was left out. Being a coordinator myself, I appreciated all of the details she made sure to check off throughout the time of my reservation until after the reception was over. I would definitely recommend this venue to all of my family and friends!

• Vicky

Vicky · Married on 10/04/2018

Don't hesitate, book this venue!

Wedding Ceremony/Reception: 10/4/18 We chose to do both our ceremony and reception at Haiku Gardens. There is absolutely nothing that we regret about our day. It's months later and we're still often told how beautiful, seamless, and fun our wedding was. We simply can't take all the credit. Tamara, her amazing vendors, and Haleiwa Joe's staff truly made our day unforgettable. As a coordinator, Tamara was always so prompt with her email replies (we planned from CO) and never pressured me to make a decision (even though we were coming down to just weeks before the wedding). Her responses were thorough and kind, and always so very patient. We felt extremely taken care of the whole day, our guests included. The ceremony site in the gardens will always hold such a special place in my heart. It's breathtaking and the fact that we got married in that lush little heaven will forever stay in my heart. The food during our reception was just as great as the service and staff. Sometimes with buffet style you find the food to be over seasoned, under seasoned, or over cooked. This definitely was not the case with Haleiwa Joe's. I'm not sure if they were allowed to, but many of our guests happily went home with heaping take away boxes of leftovers :) The buffet was well tended to the duration of our reception. I don't know how the staff kept up with the constant drink orders, but they never skipped a beat! Shot after shot, they poured with a happy laugh. Like I mentioned above, we've been back at home in CO for a few months now and our friends still talk about how much fun our wedding was. So much of that is because of all of the staff, vendor teams, and Tamara. We're truly so, so grateful for everything you all did for us. Book with Haiku Gardens/Haleiwa Joe's. You wont regret it

Haiku Gardens Weddings 16
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 17
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 18
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 19

Cheryl Santos · Married on 09/29/2018

Unforgettable

We were so pleased with the service and professionalism at haiku gardens. The wedding coordinator Tamara and her staff made our special day unforgettable. The food was amazing for a buffet. The price for the wedding package was affordable. Everything was perfect. Cheryl &Rj Santos

Jill Ly · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic Wedding Venue!!!

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens and had our reception at their restaurant (on site) Haleiwa Joes. We got such positive feedback from our family and friends who attended. They loved the scenery and the cozy, relax feel they got from the reception. The food was also a highlight! Prime Rib is a must!

Tamara is the best! She is very efficient with responding to emails! I had a lot of questions that she answered with proficiency! She's very patient, and hospitable! I felt very comfortable when first meeting her! Tamara is open to meeting with you at the Garden to go over an questions you may have or if you want to view the venue. She's with you every step of the way and has a list of vendors that they work with. I can't thank her enough for all her help! She is great wedding coordinator!

Haiku Gardens Weddings 20
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 21
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 22

Lily Cook · Married on 08/08/2018

Book this place now for your wedding

We had the most PERFECT wedding at Haiku Gardens! The process was very smooth from choosing the venue, to choosing the food, flowers, decor, music, officiant, photographer, and so much more!

Tamara, the wedding planner/coordinator was amazing to work with and kept me updated every step of the way. She is seriously the best!! We planned the wedding from Colorado, and I never felt stressed or worried that we would not have the wedding we were envisioning. She worked easily with our budget and gave us important suggestions that we would not have considered otherwise. I could not have imagined going through the wedding day without Tamara keeping everything on track and making sure everything went smoothly. There was hurricane predicted on our wedding day, but luckily we had a brief "good luck" rain shower, and there was no hurricane in sight! If there was, they had a covered chapel available as well.

The food and atmosphere of Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's were amazing, and guests have not stopped commenting how beautiful it was! They also help to set up the tables, chairs, and decorations so you don't have to worry about a thing! Tamara even documented our wedding set-up from start to finish on Instragram, which was also really cool, as we got to see all the behind the scenes hard work they put in to make sure every wedding is perfect. We loved every aspect of our wedding, and could not have been happier. I would HIGHLY recommend Haiku Gardens and Tamara for your wedding, you will not regret it! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!! :)

Kim Higashi · Married on 07/29/2018

Absolutely Perfect

We couldn’t have had our wedding at a better location. It is a beautiful venue and Tamara was so easy to work with! I would highly recommended having your special day there!

Haiku Gardens Weddings 23

Edge Yuen · Married on 07/14/2018

A beautiful wedding in the lush green mountains of Kaneohe

Anybody can have their wedding in a concrete jungle, golf course, country club or beach but having it in your own private tropical garden is awesome!!
    That's what Haiku gardens is-a serene secluded (bug free ..they spray every friday) garden with a quaint little chappel and gazebo. A perfect alternative to other spots for a very memorable ceremony.
    Not only was Haiku Gardens a perfect setting it also had the perfect Wedding coordinator Tamara. Tamara took care of the planning and knew exactly how to support us and even had very helpful suggestions. Tamara was always willing to help and was very efficient, cool and quick answering our many questions and had the remedy to every concern that we had.
    Not only is Tamara the coordinator for the Haiku Gardens ceremonys but if you go with renting out "Haliewa Joes" for the reception (additional $500 just to close it down) Tamara is also the coordinator for the venue as well. Off course Tamara was also just as dilligent, friendly, calm patient and accomodating there too. She was always on the same page as us in terms of discussing details, offering options, and simply reassuring us that things were on track. She is incredibly calm in the midst of the mutitude of questions; we appreciated her steadfast commitment to our special day!
    We also had our reception at "Haleiwa Joes" too. Their food was good and their prime rib was so good ( some say the best on the island at an additional cost to add to their menu packages).
    The setting is casual with a local flavor (a lot of polished wood), very open and airy with fans throughout. The ceiling fans gave a local flair to the ambiance!
    So if you are looking for a beautiful unique setting for your ceremony or if you are wanting the ceremony and reception in one setting give Haiku Gardens a try you wont be disappointed.

Haiku Gardens Weddings 24

Marcus · Married on 04/02/2018

My wife and I got married at Haiku Gardens on April 2nd and had an incredible experience. Despite the heavy downfall of rain (which obviously was not their fault and expected in Hawaii), Tamara and her crew did a fantastic job making sure our guests were sheltered from the rain before heading down to the chapel... and most importantly, the bride was protected and delivered unscathed from the rain! Tamara was fantastic to work with, especially with us coming from California. Her communications with us were timely and helpful. He provided references and direction regarding vendors and structure for the day. When it came to our reception lunch, the food at Haleiwa Joe's was great! Our guests were impressed with how good the food turned out because buffets you can easily get over cooked and under or over flavored food. Because of the beautiful location, the great food, and fantastic service and support for planning a destination wedding, I would highly recommend Haiku Gardens for anyone's wedding!

haunani · Married on 03/23/2018

The experience that my Husband and I had at our wedding at Haiku Gardens was amazing. The food was great and the staff treated us and our guests like 'Ohana. I am glad that I chose Haiku Gardens as my wedding because I knew that I wanted my wedding to be simple, but yet beautiful that was surrounded by lush green trees and mountains. Haiku Gardens gave me the wedding of my dreams, and Tamara is the BEST wedding coordinator that I have ever came across. She was very helpful and patient during the stressful moments of our wedding. So thankful and blessed that we got the opportunity to have our wedding there!

Haiku Gardens Weddings 25

Jordan · Married on 02/21/2018

My wife and I had an incredible yet intimate wedding ceremony here. Tamara went above and beyond all of our expectations to have our wedding day perfect. To the officiant, wedding singer, and photographer, nothing was subpar. We highly recommend coming to Haiku Gardens to have your wedding. You won’t be disappointed from the service nor the scenery. It’s exceptional.

Haiku Gardens Weddings 26

Colton · Married on 02/17/2018

I have nothing but excellent things to say about getting married at Haiku Gardens. If that’s all you need to hear, then book with Tamara immediately. You won’t regret it. Also, ours was a gay wedding with absolutely NO problems, so bring it here LGBTQ community!

Venue (5/5)
    Haiku Gardens blows the competition out of the water. I’m in Boston now but grew up 10 min away from the venue and still I was floored by its beauty. The pictures are stellar but even they don’t do the venue justice. Our wedding was in February so it ended up being cool (and luckily no real showers) but if you’re going to be outside in the summer prepare for warmth.

Also, the view from the restaurant will knock your guests socks off (and makes for a KILLER backdrop for photos)

Planning (6/5)
    Tamara was hands-down the reason we picked this place and is the reason we’d come back (maybe renewing our vows?) She has a smooth process in place with spreadsheets that help catch what you might miss in planning. Her deep experience in planning weddings means she can provide valuable suggestions throughout (and be creative in solutions day-of.)

Again, we were in Boston planning with a 6 hour time difference and she was prompt in her responses and persistent if we didn’t answer something she needed. What she brings to the sweetheart table cannot be overstated.

Execution (5/5)
    Go for the spiral setup so you can walk down the aisle and see each person’s face. It was a breathtaking moment that I will cherish forever. If you have to set up anything beforehand, you and your family can arrive early to place flowers/lei/settings and she has a team to help. Tamara organized the other vendors for us (Music for the ceremony, Music for reception, Photo booth and food/drink.)

Photography was also clutch - Eric made us laugh and got some excellent pics throughout. Bottomline is that her list of preferred vendors are easy to work with, reasonably priced and totally worth it.

GenieRose · Married on 12/30/2017

We planned our wedding for a little over 12 months...recently married at Haiku Gardens on 12/30/17. Tamara was always so quick to help me with all items needed to be arranged from the ceremony to the reception (Haleiwa Joe's). She met with me early and always calmed me down if I got a little excited. She was always helpful on ideas, recommendations and working with my budget. Let me tell you specifically about our ceremony... Tamara helped me plan the decor for the chapel and the layout, she handled all the final arrangements of the decorations in the chapel and it was BEAUTIFUL. She worked with my budget and helped me create something so amazing with whatever little I had. She gave me more than I expected so I am so grateful to write this review for her. I have had my share of bad parties and bad party planning... she calmed my nerves and handled everything for me and all she wanted was to make me happy on my special day. I'm tearing writing this because I never thought this day would had been so amazingly coordinated and executed... I have Tamara to thank for this. The gardens and chapel were beautiful but the wedding coordinator to me was the REAL star. I love you for all you've done for us Tamara. You made my wedding day so amazing I could never thank you enough.

Haiku Gardens Weddings 27
    Haiku Gardens Weddings 28

Alyssa · Married on 12/23/2017

My husband and I are were utterly BLESSED to have married at Haiku Gardens in December 2017! The gardens are lush with green, crisp air, the Ko'olau mountain was a natural backdrop, and a level-below-heaven. My walk down the aisle from the gazebo to the stone stairs really made the waterworks lol.
    Our guests really enjoyed the gardens as well as the reception food. Hale'iwa Joe's was so delicious and you are guaranteed for a kanack attack (aka food coma). Some hadn't visited here for 10+ years or it was there very first time and they loved it :) I'd like to give a very big mahalo to our wedding coordinator, Tamara (highly recommend)! She's incredibly organized, patient, and kept step with us every step of the way as we planned within less than 6 months. No other place i'd recommend to marry! God bless!

Haiku Gardens Weddings 29

Rachael · Married on 12/22/2017

My husband and I just got married at Haiku Gardens in December. The location is beautiful, the food is amazing, and to top it off we had the best service! Tamara was our wedding coordinate for Haiku Gardens, and she was the reason it was a success. She respond to all of my emails and answered all of my questions kindly and promptly. I was lucky enough to have rain on my wedding day, despite the weather report saying it was supposed to be sunny. Tamara helped calm my nerves, and she and her team were so flexible and made everything work out perfectly! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, Haiku Gardens and Haleiwa Joe's is where you need to go! Thank you so much Tamara and all the Haleiwa Joe's and Haiku Gardens staff for all you did for us!

Peyton · Married on 11/04/2017

Tamara is AMAZING! She brought my every wish to life. The day went super smooth with no problems! I couldn't ask for a better day! Thank you!

Cybil · Married on 10/07/2017

If you are even thinking about booking at Haleiwa Joe's at Haiku, think no more! BOOK IT! Book it now! I had no idea how much actually goes into planning a wedding. Thankfully, Tamara does. She has the vendors, the vision and the ability to make the wedding of your dreams a reality. Our guests are still telling us about how much fun they had!

Carra · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding at Haiku Gardens was everything we expected and more! Our coordinator, Tamara, was the absolute best. She always responded quickly and with all sorts of helpful information. I don’t know what I would’ve done without her. All other venues I contacted either took days to reply back or didn’t even reply at all. It’s so rare you see someone like Tamara that is so responsive and also willing to help in any way possible. If anything I’d recommend the venue alone just for her!

But of course it wasn’t just her, the venue itself is beautiful and well maintained. Of course it was very hot that day but you can’t control the weather no matter where you are and Hawaii is no different. Everything was set up perfectly in the garden though. I can’t wait to get my pictures from there.

For the reception we had the most wonderful DJ (DJ Telly) that really got the crowd going and also did some games and other things on his own to get people up and dance. It’s a little pricey but worth every penny because he really made a lot of difference. The food at Haleiwa Joes was fantastic as usual. Make sure you spend a little extra for the prime rib. Their prime rib is famous and it’s the exact same if you order for your reception. Worth it for the extra you have to pay! The mixed drinks were also really great. My family from the mainland loved all the Hawaiian twists on classic drinks.

Overall I can’t recommend this venue enough. I think they really value their guests and make sure you have everything you need to have a fantastic and memorable wedding. Thank you again to everyone at Haiku Gardens for a wonderful wedding.

Kanokwan · Married on 09/16/2017

Throughout the process of getting everything ready for the wedding, Tamara always kept us informed with her progress and the financial portion of each decision we made. She was unbelievably patient as I would take days (sometimes weeks!) to get back to her and never once called me out on taking too long. She was even kind enough to send several reminders that our final deposit was due when I was almost a week late with it. She has such an eye for detail and gives everything her utmost attention. When I didn’t know what I wanted, she would present ideas or ask questions until we got to the best option. The invoice she gave us wasn’t just to keep us informed of our financial responsibilities, but also a tracker for us to see what was done and what else needed to be accomplished. It included almost everything that goes into a wedding, so even if we had elected to select a vendor ourselves, it stayed on the list so we were reminded that we needed to take care of it.
    On the day of the wedding we were both pretty frazzled since it was pouring in the morning, but Tamara took it in stride and jumped right into setting up the indoor backup. We got lucky though and the sky cleared to a beautifully perfect day and she made sure that the garden was back on track to be the location we said our vows. Our perfect day would never had been as unforgettable as it was without the team at Haiku Gardens and most of all Tamara! I just can’t compliment her enough! Thank you for our magical day!

Krystal Marie · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens on July 14, 2017 and everything from the decorations to the food was beyond our expectations. Tamara was a dream to work with over the past year with wedding planning. She was patient with our questions and requests and was very prompt with her responses. I would email Tamara almost on a weekly basis and she would get back to me within 48 hours which put my mind at ease being a destination bride from the mainland. The venue itself was gorgeous as the garden backdrop for both the ceremony and the reception was truly a treat for our guests. I would highly recommend Haiku Gardens for a wedding venue. It really was a dream come true!

Tanya · Married on 07/07/2017

Honestly, I don’t know where to begin! If you’re looking for a wedding ceremony and reception venue, consider Haiku Gardens (HG)! My husband and I chose this venue for various reasons and we are so happy we went with HG. Located in the East Side of O’ahu, we were met with the picturesque Ko’olau Mountains and an easy commute for our 120 guests. We chose the Mau Loa “forever” package (more information can be found on their website). For the ceremony, we added on iced tea and water for our guests because we got married on a summer day in Hawaii. Speaking of drinks, how can I not bring up the ‘ono (delicious) food served?! HG provided various choices and we decided to do a fruit platter to start off the reception. For lunch, HG provides various choices again and we chose this for our reception lunch: Caesar salad, sautéed veggies, white rice, garlic mash, grilled fish, sweet and sour chicken, and prime rib. DEFINITELY get the prime rib for your wedding. Our guests have told us that the food was amazing! HG staff made us plates and also made to-go boxes when the reception was done.
    HG has a list of wedding vendors they work with but they were also open to working with vendors that we chose on our own. This was a big help because we wanted our Church Pastor to perform the ceremony.
    The coordination, planning, and execution was done by Tamara and we received day-of assistance by Taylor (I believe that’s her name). Tamara was so helpful even before we booked HG as our venue. She was professional, easy to work with, responded to emails within a reasonable amount of time, approachable, answered my questions genuinely and just my dream come true what I envisioned as a wedding specialist!
    We are so blessed to have found Tamara and HG as our venue and highly recommend this special place for your wedding.

Carissa · Married on 04/27/2017

My husband and I got married at Haiku Gardens in April of this year. We live on the mainland and only met Tamara and visited the venue once before our wedding. Tamara was so personable from the moment we met and I cannot express how wonderful it was to work with her! While the idea of planning a destination wedding can be a little daunting since most decisions are made with sight unseen, our wedding couldn't have been more perfect! Tamara was very accommodating with our requests and made sure that every little detail that we had talked about was done. I can honestly say that because of Tamara, my husband and I experienced very little wedding planning stress because she was always on top of things. One thing that I really appreciated about Tamara was that she treated us like friends not clients, which is so important when you're planning your wedding.

We loved all of the vendors that Tamara recommended (L'Amour Photography + Video, Delish Makeup Artistry, Reverend Kimo, We Heart Cupcake). We worked with Eric and John from L'Amour Photography + Video and Heather from Delish Makeup Artistry and they were so much fun!! Reverend Kimo was super accommodating with our requests and We Heart Cupcake was so delicious! I cannot for the life of me remember who our vendor was for our flowers...but they were soo beautiful and people actually asked me if they were fake, haha :P

We didn't get to try any of the food prior to the wedding but we are still getting comments on how good the food was! (I am still dreaming of that prime rib!). All of our guests complimented on the beauty of the venue and how it felt like we were in Jurassic Park :)

Haiku Gardens was the perfect package for our wedding: a wonderful wedding planner, delicious food, and a beautiful venue. Thank you for making our wedding day a dream come true!