Gustavo Tessaro Photography Reviews

5.0 out of 5 rating, 97 Reviews
View more information

Ewan M. Married on 07/07/2022

Alison & Thomas Wedding

We chose Gustavo for our daughter, Alison's wedding, because she and we really admired the creativity and professionalism of his work. Even with all the uncertainty brought on by COVID, he showed tremendous flexibility and understanding as we moved the wedding to our back yard, reduced the number of guests and changed the scope. He gave us a wonderful set of engagement photos, which captured the essence of the couple. Gustavo injured his hand just before the wedding so was unable to take photos on the day. His sister, Juliana, and a very capable assistant shot the wedding photos. They were very professional and easy to work with. The photos are professional, creative, and artistic. We are delighted to have such a special collection of photos, and a highlights video. They are an amazing record of a beautiful wedding. Alison and Thomas could not be happier.
  • Jcbaldwin618
    Christina B. Married on 04/23/2022

Incredible Photography and Videography

Gustavo and team at Gustavo Tessaro Photography are simply, the best! This was immediately clear during our first meeting, and continued right through our wedding day. Gustavo and Team were recommended by our venue, and the photos we saw spoke for themselves. The team was incredibly professional and helpful during our wedding and reception. They always knew exactly what to do or how to guide us for the best shot. We also had a ton of fun, and I can't wait to see how our pictures and videos turned out. Gusatvo shot our engagement photos a year prior, and they were breathtaking, so I can't wait for the wedding photos. The previews that he showed us the day of were so incredible, I couldn't believe the photo was just taken, without editing of any sort. Truly skilled individuals who captured our wedding day so perfectly.

Gustavo Tessaro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so lucky to have been there for your special day. You two are so amazing,
    Thank you for choosing us for your special day ❤️🙏
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer B. Married on 04/15/2022

4/15/22 Wedding

My husband and I were married on 4/15/22. Gustavo, Julianna, and the whole team are beyond incredible. When my husband and I first got engaged, photographers and videographers were the first vendors we looked into because this was the most important to us. We instantly fell in love with Gustavo’s breathtaking work and scheduled our engagement photos with him. The photos we received were amazing and such high quality. Not only that, but the whole experience was great too. When it came to our wedding day, we already knew we would be in good hands for photo and video, but the experience we had blew us away. Gustavo and Julianna were so calm, organized, and meticulous- always ensuring they captured the best shots, lighting, angles, mood, etc. Their level of experience, professionalism, and confidence truly made me feel relaxed, like they had everything under control. Not once did I have to worry about a moment being missed or a detail going unnoticed- I had 100% confidence in them. They were on top of EVERYTHING. True professionals with the highest quality work. The whole team was an absolute dream to work with and we would choose them all over again in an instant!

Gustavo Tessaro Photography's reply:

❤️❤️ thank you for choosing us, it was incredible and I'm so happy to have been a part of your special day, 🙏🙌
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 04/09/2022

Highly recommend

The professionalism and quality of photos from our wedding day was beyond what we could have ever asked for. The photos and videos still have me crying happy tears ! Gustavo and his team are so talented!!! They were all so kind, professional, and flexible. Thank you so much !!

Gustavo Tessaro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so lucky to have been there for your special day. We had so much fun with you guys ❤️🙏
    Simoni M. Married on 10/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfection in every picture.

I highly recommend the services from Gustavo Tessaro Photography. He is not only talented with his camera, he is also very particular and detailed with his work. He is always on time to arrive and to deliver the completed work. We have used his services many times over the years and the results always surpass our expectations.

He is a very calm, perfectionist with his work. He pays attention to every single detail. If you love perfectly captured moments in time yourself then you will appreciate the care he takes to ensure perfection on each shot. Our latest project was a photoshoot with our skincare line. Gustavo followed our brand guideline, respecting the colors, concept and ideas. He brought our ideas to life the photos and videos were exceptional. We can’t wait to use them again for the next phase of our project.

Thank You, for the dedication and hard work in every project we have done together throughout the years.
    Simoni Mitchell
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer H. Married on 07/14/2021

A Day to Remember

I know another review won't make a difference, but it's hard not to make one when your dream wedding was captured in such a perfect way! We got married in July 14th,2021. Gustavo was an awesome person to talk to and very down to earth. We booked him before the pandemic, and he was very knowledgeable of the details for a perfect wedding. I consulted various local photographers but he was the only one that portrayed the vision for a dreamy wedding (plus stress free). It was funny because at first we were on a budget for our dream wedding (little did we know), but he was very understandable and still booked us with no pressure. Fast forward to the wedding, we basically surpassed our budget (we added more features), and let me tell you, IT WAS WORTH IT!!!! We were nervous about poses and details but Gustavo, Juliana and his amazing team took care of everything. Every picture in mind came to life and surpassed my expectations!! He gave us sneak peaks of the wedding the next day. If you want every memory, and details of your wedding to be captured in such a stunning way. YOU MUST HAVE HIM!!! Thank you so much, Gustavo and Juliana for such a wonderful work!!! It was indeed a day to remember.
  • Carly
    Carly D. Married on 06/27/2021

Amazing Photos

Gustavo was excellent to work with. When we looked through his portfolio and saw all the amazing shots he took, especially at the venue where we were having our wedding, we knew he was the man for the job. You need to find someone reliable that you can trust to capture this big day, and we couldn't have been happier that we had him and his team there. He was easy to communicate with throughout the planning process, especially since we had to postpone our 2020 wedding. He was responsive and was honest about sharing his thoughts and opinions. For the wedding day, he was on time and ready to go. The wedding day is a whirlwind of a day, but he kept us moving to get all the shots we wanted from beginning to end. We were definitely on the same page in terms of what we wanted. Because he shot at our venue (The Waterview) many many times before, we had a great reference for some amazing shots that we wanted. And then there were the unplanned shots, the candid and in the moment shots that will always remind us of all the love that surrounded us. He is a true artist and knows how to play with the natural light and angles to capture the space and the people being photographed. We were super impressed that he even sent us some edited shots that same night. We did not have to wait long for the rest of the photos, and it's great that we have a link where they are available for us to download, print and share at our convenience. 100% recommend.

Gustavo Tessaro Photography's reply:

It was a pleasure been there with you guys, it was an unforgettable day, thank you for choosing us for your special day ❤️🙏
    Lauren Married on 06/26/2021

Incredible photographer

Gustavo, Luiza, Juliana, and Netty are simply the best, hands down. We talked to 6-7 wedding photographers and though Gustavo’s pricing was comparable, his photos were lightyears ahead of everyone else’s. Gustavo has a way of bringing a magical feel to his photos without them looking fake. They are truly gorgeous, jaw-dropping photos. Juliana and Gustavo took our engagement photos, and they were stunning. We included our 3 dogs, and he was able to get great photos with ALL of us looking. On our wedding day, Gustavo and Luiza were our photographers, and Netty ran the photo booth. Netty has an incredible spirit - so full of life, with a happiness that’s contagious. I wish she could hang out with me all the time - I’d never have a sad, bad day! That’s the kind of energy you want at a wedding. Luiza and Gustavo were great day of. They got the shots they needed without making the whole day about photos - and they weren’t totally in our guests’ faces either (which has happened to me as a guest and gets annoying). We got some teaser pics the morning after and words cannot explain how beautiful they are. The lighting, the colors, the emotions - they captured the pure love and magic of the day. We can’t wait to see all of the photos. Hire Gustavo’s team and you’ll memorialize your wedding forever in the best way possible. They are worth every penny.
  • Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 05/22/2021

Perfection and Breathtaking!

Breathtaking is the word I would describe the work of Gustavo and his team! They are BEYOND talented and you will not be disappointed with the work they produce. The photos and video are high-quality and perfect! We could not have asked for a better group of people to capture our BIG day. Gustavo and his team are very sweet and make you feel comfortable! They bring out your personalities and capture amazing moments! We truly could not thank them enough, and we are very fortunate to have found this amazing company. We will definitely be recommending their services to our friends and families and we look forward to using them again in the future for other big milestones in our life!!
  • Julybabie07
    Julybabie07 Married on 05/21/2021

Breathtaking Pictures and Video

Thank you Gustavo and your team. You were awesome. I loved all my pictures! You were awesome during the whole process from start to finish. With such short notice of planning you were flexible and available to help me out with the whole process to make sure you had all the details. It was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for being able to celebrate our wedding day and special occasion of getting the perfect pictures and of our gender reveal of our baby girl on the way. You made the whole day feel relaxing. Thank you again Gustavo Photography. :)
    Alisa P. Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing! Definitely recommend!

Gustavo and his team are amazing! We were so lucky to have his videography skills for our wedding in November. Gustavo was so accommodating with all the changes that arose due to Covid. But he was reassuring and confident we’d still have a great time, and we did. Leading up to the wedding I’d received some texts from him to check in and it was such a nice gesture. His team was professional and thorough, but so fun. We felt totally comfortable with them. We chose to have the same day edit video option that was played later in the night for our guests. It was amazing! Just beautiful. They are all extremely talented. Our guests cannot stop talking about the video. They called it a movie trailer! It made you want to see more. Just such a fun way to break up the night. Thank you, Gustavo!!
    Stephanie A. Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing team!

We used Gustavo and team for photo and video coverage for our wedding this year. Originally it was going to be ceremony and big reception. When plans changed due to COVID, Gustavo worked with us to provide photo, video, and live stream coverage for our small ceremony. He was always responsive and helpful if we had any questions. The day before our wedding, Gustavo made time to speak with me over the phone to explain exactly the flow of photos to put my mind at ease! Even with everything going on, Gustavo and team puts their couples first. After the ceremony, Gustavo was able to send over a bunch of photos and they were amazing! Gustavo has a fantastic eye for the perfect shot. We couldn’t have been happier with all of our photos and videos! We can’t wait to work with him again next year for our big reception!
  • Paisley
    Paisley Married on 05/24/2020

AMAZING service!!!

We booked Gustavo in 2019 for our original 2020 wedding date. When the pandemic happened, he was so accommodating with our various date changes and worked with us the entire time. Fast forward to our 7/4/21 wedding, Gustavo and his entire team were more than we could have ever asked for, surpassing any expectations that my husband and I had. Gustavo and Juliana were very professional and did an amazing job at making the day run as smooth as possible. Not to mention the pictures!!!! They came out amazing and are worth every penny. We 10/10 recommend Gustavo Tessero Photography. We are 3 weeks post wedding and all we can talk about is how amazing Juliana and Gustavo were on our big day.
  • Melissa
    Melissa C. Married on 01/18/2020

110% recommend

I am so glad my fiance and I decided to go with Gustavo and his team for our wedding. Reading all the raving reviews and seeing the pictures on his website made it an easy decision. From the start, Gustavo was super responsive and flexible. Gustavo and his sister were our photographers, and the two of them with the videographer were so professional and allowed me and my bridal party to just relax and enjoy our day, knowing that everything would be captured on camera. We had a pretty big wedding (with about 240 people!), but Gustavo and his team were always there ready to take a picture of us while we greeted our relatives and friends. There was not a moment that they missed.

Gustavo sent us the pictures and videos not too long after the wedding and they were amazing. Everyone we showed the pictures to was just blown away.

Thank you so much, Gustavo and your team, for doing such a professional and amazing job capturing our special day!!!!
  • Angela
    Angela P. Married on 11/16/2019

Perfection!

Gustavo and his team are incredible photographers and I could not have had my wedding day without them, smoothly facilitating and capturing the best moments and also helping create them. Gustavo is an absolute professional and takes away any worry you might have about capturing the exact perfect moments. He knows the moments. He knows where to capture, how to capture and for me he was also able to bring to life a series of photos I wanted to take recreating my grandparents’ wedding album. He packs in everything in the time that you have him for and delivers so quickly you can start reminiscing before you can catch your breath.

Gustavo’s photos are hands down breathtaking. Each one tells a story. It was hard to say no to that. Another main reason we chose Gustavo was because of the calm assurance he gave us. I was very nervous about capturing all of those perfect moments, worried if we would make it to the locations, and worried about all the usual stuff. BUT, Gustavo and his team took that stress away. They were the backbone of the wedding day and no matter what normal wedding chaos or busy-ness happened, they were able to stick to the plans and goals of the photographic intent of the day. They allowed us to relax and enjoy while they took charge of the memories.
  • Noel
    Noel Married on 09/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our consultation was wonderful! My fiance and I are so thrilled that Gustavo will be with us on our special day. He made us feel very calm with his professionalism, talent and experience.
    Amanda D. Married on 08/04/2019

Spectacular service

Our wedding day was August 4, 2019 ... HOWEVER my love for Gustavo's work started back in 2015 !!! I remember going to a wedding and seeing this photographer EVERYWHERE that day. Camera always flashing! I even said to myself "wow, this guy is great!" and quickly decided I'd have to reach out to him whenever my time came! Once we got engaged and picked our venue, Gustavo was the very FIRST vendor we met with because we just HAD to have him as our photographer. I'm not lying when I say his work in incredible, because if you go on his website or instagram page, you'll quickly see the truth in my words! Not only is every picture taken a great one, but his eye for creativity is out of this world and the way he was able to capture our love through our photos is simply amazing!!!! My husband's limit to photos being taken of him is very low, yet Gustavo was able to keep him sane and smiling the whole day through their inside jokes and their love for Captain America... Seriously though, Gustavo and Juliana were awesome and made us feel super comfortable the whole time.. Tiely rocked the photobooth and everyone had so much fun! We can't thank Gustavo and his team enough for all the wonderful memories we have of our wedding day. I recommend him 110% and won't ever hesitate to continue to do so.
  • Vitoria
    Vitoria G. Married on 07/07/2019

Hakuna Matata

There are no words to describe our experience with Gustavo and his team. Him, Bryan and James (videographer) were remarkable, fun, talented, professional, patient and their energy was absolutely contagious. We got married on 7/07/19 and they were able to capture so many beautiful moments, while capturing our more true silly, awkward moments during the day.
    Bryan effortlessly captured the nerdy sides of my husband while Gustavo perfectly encapsulated my love for food, while still managing to make me look like a model (somehow??).
    Previews of our photos were immediately posted the day of on his Instagram AND we received all the photos and video trailer in less than 2 weeks. Gustavo made sure communication was # 1 (whether through email, text or IG) and he never made me feel guilty for asking so many questions.
    Their energy made my husand and I feel like we can be our selves. Gustavo and Bryan were constantly making me and my husband laugh (and to be honest, probably ruining some perfect shots from him LOL). They really felt more like friends than vendors we hired.
    At one point in the night, the weight from my dress caused the straps to make rug-burn like marks on my shoulders and I was in a lot of pain. Gustavo asked if I had any Vaseline (I didn't) and this man looked me dead in my eyes and asked "Do you want me to get some for you? There's a pharmacy right up the road". I told him I would push through it but the fact that he was so serious in running out to get something so small for me, made me appreciate hiring him more.
    Lastly there are no words in the English (or Portuguese) language to describe our wedding video. (GO WATCH IT!) James' talent is nothing short of breath taking. Our wedding video isn't a video - it's a work of art.

Thank you so so much for Gustavo and his team for capturing the most perfect and imperfect moments. It was an honor and gift to have you guys being a part of our special day
  • Jordan
    Jordan D. Married on 07/04/2019

Memories Captured for a Lifetime🤙🏽

When your wedding day has come and gone so fast, the few things you have left at the end of the day are memories & photos. There was one thing I wasn’t going to skimp on for my wedding day and that was a photographer. Gustavo, Igor ☺️ & Netty have created by far, an unforgettable day. Every time I look at the photos it brings me back to the very moment in time. Gives me chills! That’s exactly what I wanted and that’s what Gustavo gave us!

I got married at Anthony’s Ocean View in New Haven CT on July 4th 2019, Gustavo and Igor arrived on time to take the “getting ready” pics at the hotel, he was patient, kind, funny, professional and blended right in with my fam. It was a very natural vibe when he was taking pictures.

I dragged him 😂 in the 90° Hot sun to do 1st look pictures by the Seawall before we got to Anthony’s. I love there vision and ability to see a raggedy fence and create a stunning memory.

Maybe I shoulda put this at the top of the review but, my fam doesn’t really do Facebook, (old school Italians, not the best with technology😂) so taking photos and feeling comfortable and natural getting their picture taken wasn’t something they are used to. BUT Gustavo, Igor and Netty on the photo booth, made everyone feel comfortable and had amazing energy.

Get the mirror photobooth, you and you’re guests will not regret it! Takes amazing pictures and funny props. Very clear and large prints! Netty rocked the booth and all my guests loved her! Great energy girl 🤙🏽

My favorite part was how Gustavo and Igor made my husband and I smile naturally with their energy. Getting chills writing this! You 2 rock!

Gustavo sent us a bunch of absolutely amazing sunset photos and firework photos of my husband and I same day and next day!! Nothing like waking up the day after your wedding to some photos that were 🔥 🔥🔥. Do Not skimp on a photographer, let the professionals do what they do best! Hire them and you will not regret it!

Gustavo, Igor and Netty- 2 words for you all, THANK YOU!
    Peace ✌🏾 and good vibes 🤙🏽
    Xo Jordan & Albert
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 06/29/2019

☆Pure Magic☆

I booked Gustavo very early on. He was the first vendor I booked: a year and a half before our wedding. I am so happy I did because I didn't realize at the time how quickly he gets booked. He is definitely a sought after photographer!! I feel so lucky to have had him to capture our wedding day.
    I knew that our wedding was a little different than he was used to: we were at a summer camp (far from fancy) with 320 guests. It was an outdoor wedding, 96° and VERY humid. I got ready in a tiny cabin, with apparently many bugs that only liked biting him...but that didn't stop him from working his magic. He was very patient and creative with his shots. He made his way to all of the various locations that our venue consisted of, he didn't miss a thing.
    He was fun but also professional, such a comfortable soul to be around ♡
    The pictures came back much sooner than I was expecting, which was a beautiful surprise!! The lighting in these shots is out of this world. We are so happy with the quantity and quality of them.
    Do yourself a favor and book Gustavo early!! 🤗
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding talent who captured our joy!

We are so pleased with our experience with Gustavo and his team. Right away we loved his vibe and attentiveness. Upon entering his studio, we were blown away not only by his talent but also his professionalism. We also chose to go with Gustavo's team for video and are excited to see the outcome. We also did engagement shots at Tarrywile where we had the wedding and the turn around time and quality were outstanding. During the wedding day, we felt so at ease with Gustavo and Monica, as well as the rest of his team. They worked around our unconventional wedding schedule and captured all of our joy of the day. Whenever we grabbed them to ask to get a shot with someone, they did so promptly and with a smile. Whatever we wanted to capture during the day, they were willing and listened to our wants. We're so appreciative of their hustle as well in catching the sunset in time for some portraits. With the sneak peek pics we've seen so far, we are so impressive with how he was able to capture how we felt inside! We can't wait to see the rest. Thank you so much, Gustavo!
    Julie Married on 06/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we could ask for in a photographer!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Gustavo and his team. Gustavo and Igor photographed our wedding on 6.21.19. Throughout the whole planning process Gustavo was so easy to communicate and work with. When we needed to reschedule our engagement shoot because I got sick, Gustavo was so flexible with rescheduling and helping to pick the perfect location- all while having multiple other photo shoots each day. The day of the wedding Gustavo arrived early and fit seamlessly into the whole getting ready process. He helped to keep us on schedule and knew all the perfect “detail” shots to take. He ignored all distractions (such as a crazy father following him around with his own camera taking all the same shots) and was able to capture every moment perfectly. His experience and expertise came in handy when my bridesmaids put my veil in upside down and he recognized it right away and knew how to adjust it. At the wedding Gustavo, again, helped to keep us on schedule and really maximized his time with us. Gustavo knew our reception venue very well and knew all the best shots and at exactly what time they needed to be taken. The night of our wedding Gustavo had already uploaded a few sneak peak photos to his Instagram. The next day he worked two other weddings, but still found the time to send me 10 photos from our wedding. I wasn’t expecting the rest of the photos for a while. I had friends who took months to receive their wedding photos, so i was so pleasantly surprised when ONE WEEK later Gustavo emailed me to tell me all the photos were ready. Our photos came out absolutely gorgeous. He captured every single moment perfectly. I can just look at some of the photos and feel exactly what i was feeling when he took each specific photo. He captured all of the love, excitement, happiness and fun we had the day of our wedding. I could go on and on, but really just book Gustavo and his team. You will not regret it!!
  • Sue
    Sue Married on 06/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceptional service and quality at a reasonable price

Gustavo and his team are very professional and appear to be well experienced. From start to finish, Gustavo always portrayed a professional demeanor and was always quick to respond to questions that arose. He was very easy to work with and made the process super easy.
    On the day of the wedding, he and his assistant made my husband and I feel very comfortable, which was important since neither one of us like our picture taken.
    Gustavo was quick to edit and return all the photos to us after the wedding, and they were absolutely amazing. Gustavo’s work is hands down worth every penny spent and I can’t wait to have him create our wedding album for us!
  • lesly
    Lesly Married on 05/31/2019

Loveeeee!

Wow! Just WOW!!! From the moment I searched for a photographer for our wedding, I knew Gustavo was going to capture our special moments. We got married on May 31st, a beautiful 70-degree sunny day up in Bear Mountain. Gustavo captured each and every moment of my wedding. The laughs, the tears, the side jokes that we all made. We all felt very comfortable having him and Igor (teammate) around. Everything ran so smooth and the photos that I have, make me cry each and every time I see them. Gustavo and Igor did an amazing job and we are so happy that he was part of our wedding.

But let me tell you >>>> The day I got our wedding pictures I did not work. I work in marketing and I could not keep my eyes off these amazing pictures and I was also partially crying because they came out so beautiful. It's exactly what I wanted and hoped for. I would not change a thing and couldn't have asked for more.

• Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/14/2019

Breathtaking Photos!!!

Our wedding was April 14, 2019. I cannot find the words to explain how blown away we were on how amazing every single photo taken from my engagement shoot to my wedding photos. Gustavo is truly a master at his art, he makes you feel comfortable and really captures some truly sweet moments. For the wedding we had Gustavo and Igor and they got some beautiful shots, things I wouldn’t even think of! The quality of the photos alone is absolutely breathtaking!Between the more formal shots and the candid moments I feel like I’m reliving my wedding every time I look at them. I can’t say thank you enough for capturing all the memories!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message