Gulfport Casino Ballroom Reviews

17 | Saint Petersburg, FL

17 Reviews for Gulfport Casino Ballroom

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue. We had our wedding on August 6th 2016 and had around 135 guests. They have a 5000 sq ft dance floor so there is definitely a lot of room. Our venue was less than $3000 which was cheaper than anywhere else we looked and it's right on the beach which makes it even better. I would really recommend this venue if you're trying to keep it cheap but beautiful! It was a magical day :)

Sent on 08/20/2016

Gulfport Casino Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda, it was a pleasure having you and your guests here. What a great night it was!

Jesiana · Married on 07/02/2016

Just had our wedding here a few weeks ago and our family and friends are still talking about it. I got a glimpse of some of our wedding photos and everything was beautiful, service was great and everyone had an amazing time- there's no way I could be happier. Jacob was extremely helpful and just willing to let us do what made us happy with the space so that it worked for us how we wanted it to. Additionally it is a great deal on the venue which is large and perfect for a wedding of our size 175-180 or even bigger to have an amazing celebration. The bar is a superb deal as well and the staff that worked during our wedding are the nicest, most fun and enjoyable people! Having pictures on the beach and boardwalks was an extreme plus!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Gulfport Casino Ballroom's reply:

Jesiana, thank you so much for the nice words. We enjoyed the night and had a great time making sure your perfect day stayed perfect!
  • J & J

Jeidy · Married on 12/19/2015

This place was perfect for us. We were looking for a nice venue, with a beautiful sunset view, and a minimum capacity of 250 people. We loved the gulfport ballroom the moment we walked in. The staff is always kind and they always have a very flexible schedule and they are willing to help. I absolutely recommend this venue to others.

Sent on 10/08/2015
  • User4207168 · 2+ years ago

We really enjoyed the Gulfport Casino as our wedding venue. They were easy to work with, responsive to all of my questions, and a great value. I would recommend them as a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/19/2015

I used the venue for my ceremony outside on the beach and for the reception after. I loved it as did all of my guests. It is such a beautiful place. The staff was very helpful in all of the planning and suggestions for our wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Tammy · Married on 03/28/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom on March 28, and it was just beautiful. Jon is just wonderful to work with. He was easy-going, patient, and quick to answer emails. The ballroom was set up just as the diagram specified. The bar staff was friendly and chatted with our guests like old friends. I would definitely consider having another event there.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Jayme · Married on 11/08/2014

We loved having our wedding at the Casino! We live just down the street in Gulfport, so had many an opportunity to check out the beautiful view and interior of the Casino during other town events. The venue is very affordable, particularly for residents, and has such an incredible view, gorgeous original dance floors and chandeliers that it didn't take much other decor to make the place look magical. We utilized their piano during cocktail hour as well, which was lovely. The sound system inside is fantastic, and easy enough to use that we were able to station a friend of ours back there to handle MC'ing and music on his own. Jon is such a pleasure to work with, and was incredibly accommodating and helpful during the planning process and on the day of the wedding as well. Our beach ceremony was very easy to set up: the rental company was able to pull up very close to the site for chair and audio dropoff. The personalized sign out front was my husband's favorite detail, and made us feel like Gulfport royalty that day :) Love this place, and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Kate · Married on 10/04/2014

The Gulfport Historic Casino and Ballroom is a dream space for a wedding reception. My partner and I had our marriage ceremony, dinner, and awesome dance-party reception all together at this venue, and there could have been no more perfect space in the Tampa Bay Area to make it all happen. Jon and his staff there are a dream to work with, open and accommodating to making vision a reality, and everyone who attended gushed at the views, the ability of the room to transform to make anything happen, and the historic significance of the space we were able to share. Anyone looking to celebrate and work with good people, have fun, and use a versatile and attractive venue should very, very much consider looking no further than the Gulfport Casino!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

PATRICIA · Married on 06/15/2013

perfect venue for our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Brittany · Married on 03/03/2012

I've been to two weddings at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom and both were incredibly beautiful. When it came time to book my own reception, it went on the list of places to visit immediately. The building sits right on the water and two walls have big windows so you can see the water at all times. It is beautiful! Gail at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom is extremely helpful and efficient. She stuck with us through multiple seating arrangement changes and the like. I would definitely recommend having your ceremony/reception here, as it made my reception exactly what I was hoping it would be!

P.S. - My wedding was around 250 people and we had room for a dance floor, a buffet, a photobooth, the cake table, the DJ table, and a table for my photographer to set up on. Plenty of room!!

Sent on 03/21/2012
  • Dena

Dena · Married on 11/05/2011

Looking for a venue on the beach that doesn't cost heaven and earth to hold at. Gulfport Casino has it all. The location is perfectly located, the venue itself has it's own bar and staff and with the right decor can make your wedding look spectacular. The price is affordable in comparison to other venues, no hidden costs and the staff are friendly and organized. Would highly recommend to other couples but suggest you book early.

Sent on 12/02/2011
  • gracie

Grace · Married on 04/17/2009

We really wanted a location on the water that wasn't so expensive. We also wanted a place that would let us bring our own food because we wanted a mix of ethnic foods. We also wanted a huge dance floor. We also wanted a "green" wedding...meaning not only environmentally friendly decor but also that our money would go towards a good cause. The Gulfport Casino had everything we wanted. I am so happy that I went to Stetson University & love swing dancing, otherwise I might not have heard of this place...it's a hidden treasure...in a small beach town near St. Pete Beach...called Gulfport. It's in a historical building owned by the city so we loved that our money was going towards the community. The building is old and plane to some, but we loved the wood floors that made the dance floor one of the largest we've seen and most of the walls are windows that overlooked the sand and water. And the director, Gail, was so accomodating with everything that we wanted so that we could have a wonderful joyous wedding!

Sent on 05/11/2009
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2017

I have been in love with the Gulfport Casino for years, so selecting it as a venue was more of a dream than a chance find. The staff, especially the main coordinator, was beyond kind and helpful through my thousands and thousands of questions leading up to the event and following. The space, is unbeatable, the price for the gorgeous ballroom with all of the tables and chairs included is amazing, and you can't beat being on the water in such a charming town. The best part, for us, was that the bar is a part of Gulfport already, and we could customize the menu and were charged on consumption, instead of a per-head breakdown. Our only frustration with this was that we said there were not allowed to be shots, later to find many had been poured and our bill a bit high because of it. Overall though, this was a small drop in the bucket compared to all things, and we could not have asked for a more perfect space to dance the night away with all the people we love most!

Sent on 10/29/2017

KALLIYA · Married on 05/26/2014

I would like to thank the staff at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom for their professional service, patience, and responsiveness before and during my wedding. I had both the wedding and reception in the Ballroom and Jon offered lots of input on the layout which turned out great. He really knew how to make things perfect for me. I would highly recommend this venue. It's just a beautiful place with lots to offer and an awesome staff.

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • RobinRockr

Robin · Married on 07/24/2010

I had both the ceremony and reception at the Gulfport Casino, and it was excellent! The venue is priced very reasonably, and the location is beautiful! My husband and I stepped outside for a few minutes during the reception, and we got some really nice sunset pictures. Lots of space too! Since most of my guests don't drink, we did not serve alcohol at the in-house bar (just sodas), and while I could tell they weren't very happy about that, they did let me do it my way, so it all worked out!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Stephanie · Married on 04/08/2017

3.5

Jacob was awesome to work with, a little slow to respond, but was able to do everything we wanted. He was very accommodating and we met with him several times to go over details. He was able to change things for us inside the venue so we could have a grand entrance. They provided and set up the tables and chairs for us so we didn't have to worry. They provide a full service bar (all inclusive or cash bar - we put a limit on how much we wanted to spend). Had a marquee with our names on it (customizable). The building is historic, so no open flames, but the chandeliers are gorgeous and we used twinkle lights in all of our center pieces and decorations. (Turned out super cute!). We got married outside on the beach (on Boca Ciega Bay - you can see St. Pete beach across the water) and it was so pretty with the sailboats and the sunset in the background. We had our cocktail hour inside and outside (on the deck that wraps around the building). Everything was better than I could have imagined. We had such an amazing time and the venue was so beautiful. Thank you so much for a perfect night!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Molly · Married on 06/29/2013

3.5

We had our wedding reception at the Gulfport Casino in June 2013. The venue is absolutely beautiful and can truly be decorated to suit any theme, color set, etc. The staff there was great. They were very flexible and open to our ideas for set up, etc. We rented the Casino all day for a very reasonable price so that we could set up early and have it open for our vendors. They even let us keep our chairs there through the weekend so that we did not have to pay for weekend pick-up. In short, the staff at the Casino made it very easy for us and worked so well with our caterer, family, coordinator, etc! We have had so many compliments on the space! One word of wisdom- the coordinator can be difficult to get in contact with. Ask for cell phone numbers, etc. from the start. :)

Sent on 11/02/2013