Gruttadauria Bakery Reviews

27 | Rochester, NY

27 Reviews for Gruttadauria Bakery

• Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 07/27/2018

Did our wedding cake and all pastries. Was terrific! Easy to work with and they were flawless. Couldnt ask for anything more! They were great in our wedding..Thank you!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

The cake tasted amazing, It also looked great. We were pleased withe everything. They are also very reasonably priced.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/11/2015

We LOVED our cake!!! We chose to go with a small two tier cake for us and then a sheet cake with Italian cookies for our guests (talk about a money saver). We weren't sure what flavors to go with so they suggested for our cake red velvet with cream cheese while the guests' sheet cake be half white almond half chocolate with strawberry buttercream filling. We're so glad we went with them because it was so good!!!! This is the kind of place that once you have their product it's hard to not stick with them. They've been around for over 100 years and know what it means to create and stick with tradition. Truly authentic Italian and family-oriented!! We'll be going to them for more cakes definitely!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Our wedding cake was delicious! We had a three layer cake. The top layer was carrot cake and it was gone instantly (it was amazing!). They were very affordable and the quality was great! They did not charge extra for mix and match flavors and fillings. (top layer:carrot, middle layer: Chocolate with fudge filling, bottom layer: vanilla with raspberry filling.) We had 175 people at our reception and purchased a cake to feed 75 people and still had leftovers, probably because we ordered delicious dessert pastries as well (typical Italians).

Sent on 12/08/2015

Christy · Married on 07/25/2015

My cake was really delicious and beautifully decorated. The cake samples that you get to taste when you make your appointment are not as good as the actual cake. My cake was chocolate with raspberry cream filling and it was wonderful, many of my guests commented on how good the cake was. I also thought that the staff was very kind. There are a lot of young girls working there, but they are knowledgeable and were able to answer all of my questions. I forgot to make my final payment three weeks before the wedding because I was so busy, but the bakery called me and waived the late fee if I could come in within the next few days.

Sent on 07/28/2015

alisha · Married on 05/17/2015

Our cake tasted so good. It was beautiful and everything I had asked for!

Sent on 08/15/2016

They made a gorgeous buffalo bills grooms cake for us and it was delicious! Steve (the owner) was in touch with me since I was planning from out of state and was very helpful!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 01/18/2014

Amazing cake!! They did a beautiful job with decoration our wedding cake!! All four flavors we had were delicious!! The best cake I have ever had!!

Sent on 01/21/2014

ShaKia · Married on 11/12/2013

This bakery provided an amazing cake less than 24 hours before our wedding. The cake was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 11/14/2013

We ordered our wedding cake as well as assorted cookies and pastries from Gruttadauria for our 10/5/13 wedding. The cake was beautiful!! It was a 4-tier cake which we were able to split into 3 different flavors. Our favorite was the white cake with the raspberry filling. Delicious! Our family and friends have been telling us how much they enjoyed everything.

The staff was great to work with. Our initial order was larger than the order we ended up needing for the reception and they worked with us to scale it down a few weeks before the wedding. We really appreciated that.

We are very happy with what we received from Gruttadauria Bakery and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/12/2013

maryjo · Married on 06/01/2013

The cake was beautiful and tasty. So many people comment on how delicious the cake was!

Sent on 06/12/2013
  • Rosemary

Rosemary · Married on 02/09/2013

The cake looked exactly like their picture. It was delivered on time and they provided the box to take the cake top layer home. Delicious cake. Second time I have bought a wedding cake from them.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2011

amazing,across the board. Did exactly what we wanted, listened to our every need. We had so many compliments about the look and the taste. amazing.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Chanh · Married on 07/24/2010

We got married at the Webster Golf Club who had a contract with Gruttadauria's and so we went there with our voucher and was able to customize the kind of cake we wanted. We loved how the cake turned out, it was very elegant and we got so many compliments on our cake. Alot of my guests said they had seconds because it was soo good. It was moist, delicious and beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 01/08/2011
  • jenndlphn

Jennifer · Married on 01/17/2009

We got our cake and a sweets table from there and everything was delicious. We didn't decide until the last minute that we were going to do the sweets table and they were very accomodating. They took a swatch from my girls dresses so they could match the color and it was perfect - the cake was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 02/06/2009
  • roseamber3

Amber · Married on 08/30/2008

Amazing cake, every one could not stop talking about how wonderful our cake tasted. That is huge for our friends since most of them went to 5!!! weddings this summer. They arranged the flowers beautifully on the cake, and we had a fountain that was just perfect.

Sent on 09/04/2008

Tatiana · Married on 07/26/2008

The cake was excellent and everyone told me how much they enjoyed it. Can't wait to eat the top for our anneversary!

Sent on 09/02/2008

Kathleen · Married on 07/20/2007

Beautiful hand frosted cake. It tasted great and had no complaints

Sent on 04/30/2008

Sarah · Married on 07/25/2010

Gruttadauria Bakery was very easy to work with. We told them what we were thinking and they said no problem. They're very honest with answering questions and we never felt as if they were pressuring us to buy more than we needed. They're right on with their estimates of how much cake...we ended up bringing home only our top tier, which was perfect. Definitly moist cake and very tasty!

Sent on 09/12/2010

Brandi · Married on 05/24/2008

We did not get our wedding cake from Gruttadauria Bakery (we used a family friend), however we did get all of our Italian cookies and pastries from here. They were great. We got cookies, cannolis, cream puffs, tuxedo strawberries. By the end of the night all the pastries, cannolis, and tuxedo strawberries were gone. There were soooooooo many cookies. Everything was so yummy! Great value for the amount of goodies you get!

Sent on 11/17/2008

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2006

Excellent Service. I picked out a 4 tier cake. Each tier was a different flavor with a different filling. I had a strings of pearls added as well as fresh flowers from my florist. They also made 2 cookie trays. Everybody was commenting on how good everything tasted.

Sent on 09/07/2008

Alison · Married on 10/16/2010

Delicious cakes!!! To save some money we paid for a three tier cake and had a sheet cake hidden in the kitchen. Cake is absolutely amazing and reasonably priced.

Sent on 11/22/2010

Amber · Married on 05/16/2008

3.5

The wedding cake was fantastic. We ordered it 2 weeks before the wedding and they were very flexible. WE gave them a wedding color swatch and they matached the roses to our colors. The cake was gorgeous. I thought that it tasted great too. Only thing is that they were supposed to give us 2 chocolate layers and 1 vanilla but they gave us all chocolate. My mother also ordered cookie trays the morning of the wedding and they were able to get those to us too! Very good and very flexible, would do business with them again!!!

Sent on 06/10/2008

Michele · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding cake was amazing! It was almost exactly like the picture I gave them to replicate. And of course it tasted amazing and everyone loved the italian cookies! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Our cake turned out beautifully. I didn't have a lot of ideas so we deferred to the bakery for a great deal of the design and they didn't disappoint, even though I was a little worried because it was the baker (as opposed to the designer/decorator) who helped us the day we came in to finalize the design. We tried several other bakeries' cakes in the area and found that Gruttadauria's was simply the tastiest, and their prices were competitive. Try the yellow cake!
    The only nit I would have about the bakery is that the day we went in to finalize our cake design and make final payment, we also wanted to grab a dozen Italian cookies because we were on our way to a party right after the meeting. I thought it was a bit distasteful on their part to charge us the $6 and change that the cookies cost after we'd just paid them a few hundred dollars for our wedding cake. We didn't ask to have the cookies for free but if it were my business, I would have offered.

Sent on 09/18/2014