Gregory Britt Design Reviews

11 | Keswick, VA

11 Reviews for Gregory Britt Design

• Anika

Anika Kempe · Getting married on 05/29/2021

We are so grateful for Gregory.

Gregory came recommended to us through a good friend months before we started really planning. When our wedding planner sent us a list of possible florists and we saw Gregory's name and beyond reasonable quote, I knew we had to meet him. We spent a wonderful hour with him in his studio in Keswick, talking through our vision and how we wanted to stay true to Charlottesville and support local as much as we could. We trusted him from the moment we met him, and when he immediately added a custom floral collar for our dog upon learning she'd be part of the ceremony, we were truly sold. Fast forward to two months before our wedding, and in the midst of COVID-19, we had to reschedule for to protect the health of our family and guests. Gregory revised our contract for May 2021 with no penalty, and I cannot emphasize how much we appreciate his understanding and support. We're so sad to have to wait another year for the incredible florals he's creating for us, but know the wait will be more than worth it. When looking for vendors, you want to work with good people. Gregory is good people and so talented - don't wait any longer to get in touch with him!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Janet · Married on 10/26/2019

Knocked it out of the park!

Gregory was amazing and fantastic to work with!!! We were so confident working with him and not disappointed in any way. He did flowers at our house for a welcome party and table decor and candles for the rehearsal dinner at a different location Friday night He did all the urns and chair adornments for the ceremony venue, twelve unique but complimentary table arrangements for the reception, all the bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, and nosegays for the wedding party, a number of other table decorations for the cocktail hour, etc., and the flowers for the cake. All were beautiful and totally kept with the look that my daughter had described to him during their very first phone interview. We cannot recommend Gregory highly enough! You will be very lucky to be able to use his many many talents and skills!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Matt

Matt Jernigan · Married on 10/18/2019

Matched our vision, beautiful arrangements!

Gregory was fantastic to work with. We hired him for our wedding, and after a few ideas over the phone and some Pinterest ideas, he was able to provide us with flower arrangements that were even better than we imagined. We met him a few months before the wedding in his showroom and were very impressed with the time he spent with us, his professionalism, and the sample arrangement. The day of the wedding, we knew he was a vendor we didn't have to worry about. He was able to quickly adapt to last minute changes and we were extremely impressed with him. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Golas · Married on 10/05/2019

Sensitive and luxurious floral design that is from the heart.

What else can be said about Gregory except that he is truly an artisan in every sense of the word. We were on a search via every platform to try and find a local floral designer who could help us with our wedding at Wolftrap farm in Gordonsville, VA for an October 5th date. The search was based on finding someone who understood our shared desire to have something bespoke, locally foraged, locally grown, and unpretentious. We managed to secure a meeting with Gregory after I found him in a random search on Facebook (Thank goodness he is branching on to other platforms now) and set up a meeting on March 3rd when we went to the farm for the first time.
    Gregory was prompt and kept his meeting commitments to us. We were greeted at the farm where the wedding was and he set foot immediately to understand our personalities. After asking us some questions he was able to fully understand the type wedding we were looking for. We didn't actually know it yet but we left the meeting with trust, some understanding, a huge hug, and also plenty more trust. We had a great vibe about Gregory and his desire to help us out.
    We worked through the budgeting process with him quickly (a few days time) and told him what we needed and that we wanted things that he had grown in his beautiful garden 10 minutes away that were seasonal and things foraged from the farm. He quoted us for the tables as well as the bouquet because we had a simple idea. We also asked for a quick sketch of his table designs and he was able to accommodate us. The pricing was affordable and the process went smoothly. We were 7 months ahead of schedule so that certainly helped.
    The time came when it was the week before and wedding week and we reached out to make sure we were all set. We made some last minute table adjustments 2+ weeks ahead of time to give him and his team time to adjust and not waste anything or have us be charged for things we can't use.
    Gregory arrived on the Friday before the wedding in person and the centerpieces were one of the most exquisite compositions we had ever seen. Unlike most floral arrangements Gregory took the time to honor the beauty of the seasons changing and local plants as well as whatever state they were in. The centerpieces became one with the tables and each one was completely unique in arrangement, giving unique style to every table but a cohesive arrangement to the whole venue.
    It is hard to put into words how moving the art that Gregory gave us for our wedding but we were awestruck by his motivation and creativity to deliver the best. It was from the heart in every way. Thank you :)
    Even on the day of the arrangements received a freshen but they didn't really require them because they were local and seasonal cuts so they were much more hardy than your run of the mill arrangements.
    We have no regrets and can highly and glowingly recommend Gregory Britt Designs to anyone looking for a wedding to be special and with an extra touch that gives you confidence in leaving them in charge of what they know best!

All Photos are from Happy Finch Photography which we also highly recommend and love!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Madison Stanley · Married on 10/05/2019

We were blown away

From our first walk through with Gregory, it was very apparent to me, my now husband and my parents that he had a vision and would be able to create a floral dream at our venue, and that is exactly what he did. He completely understood what we wanted and transformed our venue with his talent. Our guests are still raving about the florals being the most spectacular arrangements they have ever seen. Aside from how talented Gregory is, he was also incredibly patient and so easy to work with! He is really the best!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Gwen F Smith · Married on 10/05/2019

Very easy to work with; beautiful work

I never met Gregory until my event was over; we talked and emailed to come up with a plan. But he carried out my vision perfectly and was a pleasure to deal with. I would absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 01/12/2020

erica schmidt · Married on 09/08/2019

Flowers were gorgeous

Flowers were gorgeous and he worked within our budget - resusing ceremony flowers at reception - helped to fit the flowers and color scheme we wanted into our budget. Very helpful! Wonderful to work with. Highly recommend

Sent on 01/11/2020

Kemp Hill · Married on 05/07/2019

Such a pleasure to work with such a flexible, creative, talented and caring person.

Gregory helped to create an environment that was almost surreal in its beauty — all with a thunderstorm bearing down on him. Never a tense moment. Joyful and beautiful!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Kathleen L Kerber · Married on 01/06/2019

Exquisite Floral Design

Gregory Britt is an amazing floral designer. For my daughter’s wedding he transformed a rustic barn venue into a warm, inviting, and stunningly beautiful setting. In fact, when I first saw the reception room I teared up with emotion as it far surpassed my greatest expectation. It was magical and, I think, set the tone for the whole wedding. He did a fabulous job of meshing rustic and elegant, getting exactly the look my daughter had hoped for, only better. She said she wanted messy looking bouquets and he nailed it. The flowers he used were unique and exquisite: berries, thistle, eucalyptus, faded blush roses. He knew just how big arrangements needed to be and where they needed to be to get the most impact – I sensed early on that I could relax about all that and leave it in his hands. Not only was he fun to work with, he made good, creative recommendations to help me stay within my budget. As I’m now enjoying the pictures, I’m feeling even more indebted to him for the major part he played in making that day magical for us.

Sent on 11/09/2019

L · Married on 05/26/2018

Wedding flowers were perfect! So pleased!

Gregory exceeded our expectations in every way! Our wedding flowers were SO gorgeous, but also so very original and creative. We asked Gregory to design something that worked for our ceremony site and the dinner table, and he had a clever way to make the install flexible. Gosh, they were all especially pretty! Also, the bouquets were all so pretty. Perfect roses, fragrant and romantic, long lasting and comfortable to hold. We loved working with Gregory. He is easy-going, truly creative, thoughtful and kind. Since the wedding, we have asked him to create floral arrangements for other parties and events, and each time, the flowers have wowed everyone for their unique color combinations and use of gathered greens. Unexpected and beautiful.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Shawn Capon · Married on 07/09/2019

Gregory is amazing!

My daughter’s wedding was at The Homestead in September 2019. We found Gregory on their Preferred Vendor List. We had several phone conversations with him, sent him photos and met once prior to the wedding. He was able to pull all our ideas together and create exactly what we wanted. The bridal bouquet was exquisite!! Three of my daughter’s bridesmaids were engaged at the time and they all took photos of her bouquet to send to their florists!! He made beautiful floral swags to hang on the white pergola where the ceremony took place. They were so gorgeous and elegant! The ballroom looked fabulous with a variety of centerpieces in white, ivory, & champagne colors with a touch of greenery. Gregory was a pleasure to work with - very down to earth, a great listener and very reasonably priced! I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 11/06/2019