Greenbelt DJ Productions Reviews

Greenbelt DJ Productions 3
Greenbelt DJ Productions 4
Greenbelt DJ Productions 5

Tracy · Married on 11/09/2013

anthony was the DJ for our wedding last weekend, and was SOOOOOO awesome! he was recommended specifically to us by the lovely ladies of our venue (the winfield inn -- also amazing!), and did not disappoint. greenbelt's prices are reasonable, and they are able to accommodate many other things besides DJ'ing -- anthony also provided gorgeous red uplights for our reception, and allowed us to use his sound system for our minister and readers during the ceremony. . . and on the whole, he's really just an amazing master of ceremonies who led us smoothly through the flow of the evening!

anthony was very responsive, helpful and communicative during the process leading up to the wedding, and when we finally met him in person to go over our plans for the evening, we felt so comfortable and relieved to know that he truly understood what we wanted.

and then when it all came to life during the reception, it was fantastic. . . as one wedding guest put it, "that play list at the reception rocked!!!" -- we seriously had people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG -- including my 77-year-old father! -- and several people told us the next day how they were sore from dancing so much! ha! it was SO much fun, we can't say enough great things about anthony. his interpersonal style is lovely -- easy-going and fun -- and he does a fantastic job at making a party a FUN PARTY!! gotta love greenbelt.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Kim · Married on 11/01/2013

Joel is awesome! Going into our meeting I really had no idea what to pick for music. The only songs we knew we wanted were our first dance, father daughter, and mother son dance. Joel had tons of suggestions and was a great help. He made the process so easy. He is extremely professional and so down to earth, which I loved! We put full trust in him to come up with our play list and he did a superb job. Thanks Joel! You definitely made our night memorable. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 10/26/2013

Where do I even begin? Anthony was so amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. My husband and I had high expectations to begin with, because we are HUGE music lovers, and my parents were both radio personalities/DJs as well. Look no further than Greenbelt DJs for an amazing wedding reception. We had Anthony do the reception, but he also did the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. I was very specific about the music for the ceremony, as well as our wedding party entrance and dances, and Anthony took care of everything with no problems! I danced with my brother in memory of my dad at the reception, and I knew I wanted to do a slow dance into dance medley with him, since we are both pretty goofy. Anthony mixed all the songs I gave him together and the dance was AWESOME. No one expected us to do it but everyone loved it and our guests are still raving about the dance with my brother. It wouldn not even have happened if Anthony had not put everything together for us. He went above and beyond great service and my husband and I cannot thank him enough for the wonderful evening he gave us! There is no reason NOT to go with Greenbelt DJs, they know what they are doing!

Sent on 11/06/2013

kristy · Married on 10/19/2013

First let me say that if I could give 10 stars for responsiveness I would. I was amazed with how quickly he returned every one of my emails. Joel was pretty great in every way. When our originally selected DJ with greenbelt suddenly no longer worked for the company he was very gracious in setting us up with an even better and more experienced DJ with the company with no additional cost. That's where our DJ, Erik came in. I knew from our first meeting with Erik right before our wedding that we were so lucky to work with him. He was so nice, he was funny and he spent a lot of time with us helping make sure that he understood our tastes and vision for our wedding music. We had an absolute blast at our wedding and loved every minute of the music. We even got compliments that night on how great our DJ was.

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

Joel was AMAZING. I am so happy and thankful that I choose him for our 9/21/13 wedding. Even though our event was moderate to small (90 guests) and we had a long reception (5 hours), he kept people on the floor! His music selection was wonderful and unlike many DJs he mixes the music together putting him and his team a step above the rest. He was so friendly, fun and helpful every step of the way and both my husband and I loved everything he did!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Emily · Married on 09/21/2013

Dj Anthony is such a sweet guy! He really knew how to keep the party going. He was great at listening to our desires and then including them for our reception. He's very knowledgable and had great suggestions on songs for introductions and last dance. I really do not think our big night would have been as magical without him. He even got my groom's grandma out on the floor!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Lizzie · Married on 09/14/2013

Anthony was incredible!!! From the beginning of our correspondence all the way through the planning process he made it a really smooth easy thing to handle. He had great musical suggestions and we had a lot of unconventional music we wanted included and he was so great throughout the entire process.
    We had an unexpected bout of rain on the outdoor dance floor and Anthony played through the rain with only a tarp being held up over his equipment, not a soul left the dance floor! He kept the music jamming and our guests were soaking wet and singing and dancing... truly a moment we will never forget!

Thanks Anthony!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Angela · Married on 09/06/2013

We had Anthony from Greenbelt as our DJ and let me tell you, he can read a crowd! We decided not to do a playlist and let Anthony play whatever music he wanted based on how many people were dancing. He had the perfect blend, starting the night off with some Soul Train music, letting the older generations dance early in the night, and then started the Top 40 and dance music at the end of the night once our friends got liquored up enough to get their groove on and the old timers had already headed off to bed. He was perfect with his ques and stuck very closely to the timeline for all of our events. He was even at our venue BEFORE I was (4 hours early) to set up all of his equipment and the lighting. He was truly professional and a great asset to our wedding. I truly believe that DJs dictate the atmosphere of the entire night and we are happy that we spent a little more money to have a great "host" for the night.

Sent on 09/18/2013

DJ Joel at Greenbelt did an excellent job as DJ at our wedding. He's very responsive to email. He had lots of helpful comments for us and was willing to take as much direction as we wanted to give and to handle the rest on his own. Everything he did was classy and professional, his equipment's great, and he did a great job keeping our guests on the dance floor. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Krystal · Married on 09/01/2013

We hired Joel for our September wedding. He was very flexible and helpful throughout the entire process. We were worried about the logistics of meeting with him since we live in Arlington, but he was understanding of the situation, and we actually used Skype to outline the ceremony. His music recommendations were perfect. After we worked everything out, he gave us a detailed outline. On the day of the ceremony everything went just the way we discussed, including our non-traditional introduction. Joel is truly a professional and you can tell he really enjoys what his work. I would definitely hire again.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Amy · Married on 08/17/2013

Joel was the DJ for our wedding and he did a PHENOMENAL job! My husband and I were so very impressed and blown away! He was extremely professional and experienced and he instantly made us feel at ease from our very first meeting. We really appreciated knowing that no matter what, he would be our DJ for the day and that no other employee that we hadn't met would be showing up instead to DJ. He was constantly in contact with us through the planning and was so organized which saved us a lot of stress. Since he is so experienced, he was even able to make amazing suggestions to our timeline that made the biggest difference in how the night flowed together. He even provides a list of thousands of songs to help with planning so we didn't have to try to come to think of all the songs on our own. He guaranteed that he would have everyone on the dance floor all night and he did just that with flying colors. Every single one of our friends, family members, bridal party, etc. were on the dance floor having a blast the whole entire night! The way he mixes songs is out of this world and every one we spoke said it was by far the best and most fun wedding they had ever been too. People are still talking about it!!!! To top it all off, he includes a complementary recording of the ceremony, toasts, and ever song played at your wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Joel for any wedding or event. There's no doubt in my mind that anyone who hires him will be pleased.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Hope · Married on 08/04/2013

You cannot find a better deal than DJ Joel at Greenbelt. He knows exactly what you want even when you think you already know. Joel is extremely professional and friendly. He responded to all my e-mails within 24 hours and even helped tweek the wedding timeline to make it all flow better. DJ Joel has so much experience he will keep those guests on the floor dancing all night long. We were a younger crowd and smaller in size than most weddings so I worried about the dance floor being empty and old music would deter the crowd from joining in but DJ Joel read the crowd perfectly and knew exactly what to play and when. Thank you Joel! You made our wedding so much fun everyone forgot about the heat! Ladies and Gentleman, look no further because Greenbelt is the one for you!

Sent on 09/01/2013

We hired Joel as the DJ for our wedding, and we could not have been more pleased with our experience! We planned our Austin wedding from out of town, but Joel was always extremely accommodating. We had our initial meeting via phone, corresponded frequently through email, and had our final meeting via skype. He was very polite, professional, and quick to respond to any questions we had. His wealth of experience was so great for knowing what to do with any tricky wedding situations! Greenbelt has a huge online database of songs and it made it super easy for us to pick some favorites and help determine what to play at our wedding.

On the day of everything ran just as planned and went very smoothly. Tons of our guests complimented the music selection, transitions and overall mood set at the wedding! We had never seen such a huge crowd on the dance floor at a wedding and we loved every minute of dancing to all the great music! Going with a DJ was perfect for creating a fun dance party reception and Joel and Greenbelt were fantastic!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Abby · Married on 08/03/2013

Erik from Greenbelt DJ's kept the dance floor moving all night long for our Wedding. He had the timing down pat for all of the official items (aisle music, entrance, first dance etc) but he really showed off his skills when the dancing started. Matt and I had a few must have songs, and a few "No way" songs, but otherwise he had the freedom to work the crowd, take requests and do what he needed to do to keep the party going. Erik joked after that this might have been the first wedding he DJ'd where he played both LCD Sound System and Bone Thugs and Harmony.

Greenbelt has a great planning website for you to put in your requests and find songs, and they will download whatever you need, whether it is a different version of a song or a new song all together.

I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Joel is exceptional! My husband and I had a definite plan for music throughout our wedding celebration; genres that were a bit out of the norm. Joel bent over backwards downloading and delivering above and beyond our expectations. We still have no idea how he crammed all of that music into those playlists! Wonderful!

Sent on 08/17/2013
  • User2812025 · 2+ years ago

All our friends and family are still talking about our wedding on July 20, 2013 and how much fun we had dancing!!! All thanks to Joel at Greenbelt he kept us on track all night long. The night ran so smoothly with Joel and he played the best music! He knew how to read the crowd and played all the right music. We highly recommend Joel to Dj any party you want to have a blast at!!!! Thank you, Molly and David

Sent on 08/29/2013

Victor · Married on 07/20/2013

After interviewing quite a few DJs, we decided to hire Anthony from GreenBelt DJ. We were very impressed with his professionalism, knowledge of music, and willingness to suggest ideas.
    He had a full template that worked like a timeline, a questionnaire that detailed what kind of music we liked, and how the whole evening should flow and feel.
    The website was amazing. We got to pick songs for every important section and they had great recommendations for those sections like first dance, entrance, bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting, mother son dance, etc. We spent almost 3 hours picking songs, and it was the most fun task during our wedding planning, after cake tasting of course.
    During the reception, Anthony did the MC and announced our entrance. Provided good music, excellent song selection for dancing, properly timed transitions to various things during the evening, and great lighting for the dancefloor. My friends mentioned that this was the best wedding they have been to and had a blast on the dancefloor! We have a hilarious photo of my wife's cousin dancing, waving his tie around! You know its a good party when someone's Tie comes off!!
    Overall, Anthony was an awesome, friendly, and professional DJ and we are very glad we hired him. I would happily recommend him!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2013

We had Joel as our wedding DJ and he was FANTASTIC! So easy to work with prior to the big day, he was very responsive to all of my emails (within 8 hours even), he was a breeze to work with. More importantly he did an amazing job at our wedding! He kept the dance for full and met all of my song requests. I also had Greenbelt for our uplighting (amber), it was beautiful. Overall, I was beyond happy with the entire evening and Greenbelt.

Sent on 07/13/2013

Kirsten · Married on 06/28/2013

JOEL is awesome!!! We were referred to Greenbelt from our photographer, Matt Montalvo, and were definitely NOT disappointed! I loved the online planning tool-- made it so easy! I met with Joe the week of the wedding to finalize details, and he was so easy going. The wedding ran so smooth, and he was a fantastic MC. The music was great, and people bared the heat (105) to get out and show their moves! He was on point and professional, and made our night so much fun! Thank you JOEL!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Brenna · Married on 06/08/2013

Joel is wonderful! He DJ'ed for our 6/8/13 wedding at the Terrace Club. We had no problems at all. He is very familiar with the venue as he has been there numerous times before. He is so professional and read the crowd and the vibe of the wedding throughout the evening. Our pastor was also miked for the ceremony. No cracks or high-pitched noises. He even recorded the toasts free of charge. I would recommend Joel to anyone. Thank you, the evening went perfectly!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Erik is THE BEST. He was so wonderful to work with and made our wedding so much fun due to the great emceeing and his selection of the right music at the right time. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. The most important aspect of our wedding was the music, so we wanted to be sure that we had a DJ who understood the feel we were going for and a DJ who would play the kind of music that would get everyone dancing all night long. It didn't take very long into my discussion with Erik for him to know exactly what we wanted.

Erik also went above and beyond what he was contracted to do. We had paid him for just the reception, but when I told him that we were going to use our own speakers to set up separately for the ceremony portion of the wedding, Erik volunteered to help us set up with his own equipment. I was pretty shocked that he'd do it all, no questions asked, no strings attached.

I am so so glad we used Greenbelt DJ Productions and got Erik to DJ for our wedding. In addition, I worked with Joel a lot on the logistics prior to speaking with Erik. Joel was extremely professional and responsive. He always got back to me right away when I had questions, and always made me feel like I was in good hands.

I usually don't write reviews, especially not long ones like this, but I feel strongly about Greenbelt DJ Productions, and would recommend to anyone in need of an awesome DJ.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Travis · Married on 05/25/2013

Unbelievable job. Joel killed it! He knew how to keep everybody on the dance floor all night long. Best night ever. Thanks Joel!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Sid · Married on 05/10/2013

Joel was an absolutely phenomenal DJ and Emcee. We had an Indian/American hybrid reception and he accommodated both cultures' music interests very well! Not only did he play incredible music, perfectly matching song bpm to create a seamless dance mix, but he also took the time to properly learn and pronounce all the difficult names. The dance floor was literally packed from the beginning till the end. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Brita · Married on 05/04/2013

DJ Erik at Greenbelt was absolutely fantastic! I was an out of state bride so I only got to meet him just days before the wedding and he immediately picked up on my music tastes. The online tool that Greenbelt DJ has is SO helpful - you can go on their site and pick songs that you love/hate and also plan out the songs for each event during the wedding (cake cutting, bouquet toss etc). Erik had great suggestions based on years of experience and all of my guests commented on how great the music and dancing was! He has a laid back style that's not in your face and he mixed the songs perfectly - even handing over the mic to my cousin and sister as they rapped Salt 'N Peppa's "Shoop" :) I highly recommend him to all Austin brides!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Karen · Married on 04/27/2013

Anthony with Greenbelt did a fantastic job for us! He was flexible, as our timeline changed somewhat, and made everything flow very smoothly. The dance floor full made it obvious that he did a great job! Thank you Anthony!!

Sent on 05/03/2013