Green Villa Reviews

28 | Independence, OR

28 Reviews for Green Villa

• Bella

Bella · Married on 07/09/2017

I could not have dreamed of a better venue for my wedding. All the employees of Green Villa were accommodating, thoughtful, kind, and so helpful. They were always available when I called and were always able to answer my questions. Ginger helped me plan the set up of my wedding and she set up on the wedding day. She was incredible! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and is able to accommodate to many different styles. I highly recommend this venue for its beauty and the employees who put your wedding first and want to make you vision come true!

Emily · Married on 06/22/2017

We really loved having our wedding at Green Villa. The staff was extremely helpful before and on the day of. I didn't have to lift a finger.

Cassandra · Married on 11/25/2015

This venue is AMAZING. My husband and I got married at the barn on the 25th of November last year, and we could not have been happier with our decision of choosing this place. The people we spoke to were so great at helping us, as well as organized (highly appreciated when it comes to a wedding). If we could, we would get married here all over again!

• Diana

Diana · Married on 11/05/2015

I had the most breathtaking wedding here!! I would recommend Green Villa to anyone!! I had so many friends and family tell me the day of my wedding and even weeks after how beautiful our wedding was and the venue was so beautiful. The owners are so friendly and accommodating and allowed me to show up whenever I wanted (as long as I called ahead of time) before the wedding to just look around. On top of that, they allow you to bring your own food. Other venues make you pay for catering (which is so expensive)! They had a HUGE kitchen which our families really appreciated!! I love the Green Villa Barn so much and would so recommend it to those looking for a rustic/southern theme wedding!! :)

• Melody

Melody · Married on 06/28/2015

Green Villa Barn is the perfect venue if you are looking for an all inclusive, beautiful venue where the staff, especially Ginger, makes you feel like family. My now husband and I searched for a long time to find a venue that had a great value, wasn't going to charge us exorbitant amounts and didn't have hidden costs associated with everything. Until we found Green Villa Barn we didn't think this magical unicorn of a venue existed, but it does, in Independence Oregon. The venue is beautiful for any style of wedding, there is so much natural light in the venue that even our inside photos looked amazing! The dance floor is original and flawless and what Ginger, the wedding coordinator, can do to this space is nothing short of magical. If you are on the fence about getting a wedding coordinator, let me tell you that it is the best decision we made, but I think I feel this way because Ginger is AMAZING. She is responsive, caring and always makes you feel that your wedding is important. She even hunted down a very specific mint linen color for our wedding and it could not have looked more beautiful. She made the whole day of the wedding run so smoothly and we could not have done it without her. This venue is beautiful inside and out, if you want a garden feel to your wedding look no further. This venue is only eleven minutes from downtown Salem but you feel like you found the hidden gem of the wedding venue world.

Kerry · Married on 03/28/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!! I was extremely happy with the outcome of how everything played out. Many have said it's pricey, but it was well worth every dollar to have everything go so smoothly. From the planning, to the rehearsal, to the getting ready, to the ceremony, to the reception, etc...It all went perfectly. Ginger is extremely talented, creative, organized, friendly, professional... and the list goes on. Ginger had many ideas to help with the planning, and did a great job of being in charge and letting me know where to be and at what time. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. I am so grateful that Green Villa allowed me to have "The BEST DAY EVER!"

Megan · Married on 08/09/2013

I loved working with Ginger from Green Villa Barn! This place is so beautiful and unique, and Ginger is so easy to work with to turn the barn into something totally you. Not too much is needed to transform the barn & Ginger can put things together for you depending on what you hire her to do. She is very knowledgeable, professional, and creative.

The barn is in a great location with such natural beauty surrounding it which makes great photo opportunities. We just had our reception here, but many couples have their ceremony & reception. There is a side yard that is included in the barn rental, but there is also a garden area for outdoor weddings. The barn has big, clean bathrooms, a kitchen, areas for both the groom & his men and the bride & her girls to get ready, a bar, a big wooden dance floor, stage, & staircase.

This is a beautiful venue at a great price!

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2012

The venue is beautiful! The staff is amazing! It was the prefect place for our country wedding!

• Kayla P. (Kayla S.)

Kayla · Married on 09/09/2012

Green Villa was absolutely beautiful. We had our reception there on Sunday, September 9, 2012 and it was fantastic. The room is beautiful, and the staff incredible helpful. Ginger replied within 24 hours to every email to every question I had and was always willing to accommodate and help us when we needed it.

Mollie · Married on 08/03/2012

Ginger and Green Villa are incredible! Ginger created an experience that will provide a lifetime of amazing memories! We utilized The Barn and The Garden for our special day; could not have asked for anything more. From the ambiance of the lighting in the barn to the elegance of the magical garden Green Villa created the perfect setting for our wedding day. The servers, bartenders, vendors and Ginger's family made it a smooth fun filled evening with not a worry. I could go on and on about the venue but I must say Ginger is the reason we chose this location! Thank you for making Aaron and I feel so special with your warm, friendly and genuine heart by just being you. There are not enough words to express our gratitude.

We recommend Green Villa if you are looking for the perfect place for your wedding day! Their customer service, venue and recommendations on vendors is one that simply can not be matched.

Sincerely, Aaron & Mollie

Holly · Married on 07/21/2012

Everything about Green Villa was perfect for our little country garden wedding. From the very first time we set foot on the property, Ginger and the other staff were so helpful and it just felt right. Throughout the morning preparing for our ceremony I was walking around looking at things and just kept feeling SO lucky that this gorgeous place was going to be the back drop for our wedding!

Thank you to everyone at Green Villa! Ginger and Sharayah were incredible! They were always so helpful, quick to respond (which was my biggest pet peeve with other vendors!!!), and always made me feel like I totally mattered to them!

IT WAS PERFECT!!! If you decide to go with Green Villa, you should also SERIOUSLY consider the coordinating services they offer...WELL WELL WELL worth the money spent! They had several affordable options and Ginger seriously made my wedding day dreams come true!!!!!!!

amy · Married on 08/20/2011

The garden area is beautiful and very few flowers are needed due to all of the beautiful flowers in bloom all spring and summer!!! Ginger is great to work with as well!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 07/01/2011

They were amazing at working with me and helping me figure out all of the little details. They recommended things that I never would have thought of. I didn't feel like they were strangers, but rather a special part of my wedding party! Thank you so much!

Shiann · Married on 10/06/2012

We could not have asked for a more gorgeous Oregon day or a more beautiful wedding location for our special day. Our hope was to get married outdoors, and the field with the tree line made a perfect backdrop to ceremony and fabulous pictures. The barn itself is so beautifully decorated and perfect for a farm girl like me. All our guests had such a great time dancing the night away. You were so easy to work with and made our wedding day flawless. Thank you for allowing us have the greatest day of our lives at Green Villa Barn.

My fiance and I went here and saw it for ourselves a couple days ago. We both fell in love with the property so fast! The woman showing us around was more than helpful. Her name is Ginger and her parents own the barn space. She is kind, and doesn't push you to make any decisions on the spot. I love this place and I know that if you are looking for simple and beautiful, this place is where to get hitched!

reen Villa Barn has so much charm. Working with them was great, everyone was always very helpful. I believe they hired new staff recently, one of which messed up on an invoice total. But, the problem was fixed. Everyone is very friendly. The price is a tad high, especially all of their rental items. However, it was all worth every penny! I received so many compliments about the venue! We had roughly 160 guests, it wasn't crowded, there was plenty of space. The bridal suite has plenty of room. The bartenders were great. Loved everything!

Beautiful wedding venue! The people there are awesome to work with and really go out of their way to make sure your wedding is everything you dreamed of. My only complaint was the cost of the bartenders. For 100 people they require two bartenders and most of the night one was just standing there. Wish that wasn't necessarily a requirement.

Ginger was AMAZING. She was our coordinator for the wedding and if you're considering getting married here, you NEED to have her as your day of coordinator. I don't know what I would have done without her. I arrived at the venue to get into my dress and start pictures and EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING was set up and perfect, exactly how I had imagined it. She was so flexible, professional and kind. The venue itself is amazing--Beautiful! I can't imagine what my wedding day would have been like if I hadn't of gotten married at Green Villa. It was the perfect combination of clean, well maintained, rustic, romantic, bliss! You won't regret it.

brittany · Married on 01/17/2015

The barn was the perfect place to have our winter wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and Ginger was really sweet and easy to work with. The bartenders that they provided for us were great, my mom can't stop raving about how nice and helpful they were.

The Green Villa Barn is absolutely beautiful! The staff are all very flexible and have every intention of making our wedding day special... Can't be happier with this choice of venue!

Charity · Married on 08/22/2008

3.5

The Barn is the best deal for the money, you get the beautiful barn along with a attached garden so you can have your outdoor ceremony and have a wonderful inside reception. The venue comes with tables and chairs to seat about 300 people. The barn is beautiful, shabby chic; it has the country but elegant touch.

Hannah · Married on 09/10/2016

4.2
      3.0

We really liked the venue it is very beautiful and worked well for the amount of guests we had. The ceremony was outside in side garden and was full of blooms which added to the beauty. Reception in the barn was awesome not only in space, but with all the add on's it was magical. The base price for this venue is very affordable, it's the items you add on that really drive up the price. The alcohol policy they have in place is unfortunate, because doesn't allow your caterer to take care of it and is expensive and limiting. Overall it was lovely.

3.5

Green Villa was a beautiful venue. Aside from some minor hiccups that got resolved, everything was amazing! :)

Tahleah · Married on 04/22/2010

3.5

Beautiful venue!! Stairs were really dirty and got my dress dirty... when I complained, I got "well you are in the country." :-(

If you have more than 100 guests, you are required to have an alcohol monitor. Even if you have NO alcohol. Our guest list was originally 110 (25 of them being kids), but only 80 people showed. Still had to have the monitor.

Ginger was great. Very responsive... even when she was in the hospital having a baby!!

Very beautiful setting! Nice kitchen... and lots of room and history!

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2009

3.0

Overall I loved the barn! It was, however, difficult at times to get a hold of them to ask questions, and I wasn't able to schedule my rehearsal time there because of an event the night before mine so I had to have the rehearsal at a different location.

It was also a little expensive for what you got from them, however it is beautiful out there, especially in the fall. Just know that the security is an extra fee and you may have to pay your insurance agent to add Green Villa to your policy.