Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co - Wausau Reviews

Wausau, WI
Rating 4.8 out of 5, 7 Reviews
View more information

Bianca Married on 10/07/2017
    Absolutely phenomenal. It was pouring on the day of our wedding and we had no plan B. The ceremony was supposed to be at a park. The Great Dane allowed us to open the doors early and seat everyone so we could have the ceremony in the banquet room where we had the reception. Everything ended up being shifted back, as a result. Cocktail hour, dinner, dessert, etc., but they handled it with no problem. We will be forever grateful to them for accommodating us and our guests.
    James Married on 02/18/2017
    My wife and I used the Great Dane to host and cater our Rehearsal Dinner. We choose to basically pick menu items, and then leave the rest up to the venue. Our event of ~40 people was served by 2 of the hardest working individuals I have seen. They exceeded all of our expectations, and I would absolutely use the Great Dane to host small parties again.

I would also consider them for larger parties, but our event was smaller so I cannot speak to that aspect.
    Michaela Married on 09/24/2016
    We couldn't have asked for a better experience with The Great Dane. The banquet manager, Stacy, was wonderful to work with! She was very professional and responsive to any questions we had. We felt completely comfortable and at ease the entire planning process. If there was any concerns she was right there to help. The Great Dane staff decorated the banquet room and everything was perfect! The placement of the candles and our decor was phenomenal. The room was elegant and exactly what we had wished for. We would highly recommend booking with The Great Dane.
    Jamie Married on 08/21/2010
    The Great Dane is a beautiful place to have a wedding reception. I got a lot of compliments from my guests on how nice everything looked and on how good the food was. The staff really goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. They had a lot of neat & creative ideas to help me personalize my reception. They also were very helpful when it came to my budget. They offer several different food options to accomodate your price range. They were also able to help me save money on my decorations. They have many things available for Bride's to use(tulle, vases, votives, etc.) at a much smaller cost then it would be to purchase or rent them. I would definitely recommend The Great Dane to anyone planning a wedding reception or any large party for that matter. They were very detail oriented when it came to my reception and I can tell that they really take pride in their work.
    Liz Married on 07/17/2010
    The Great Dane was an amazing place to have my wedding reception. Tiffany was the greatest person to work with and because of that her positive attitude, and her exception staff my reception was absolutely fabulous!
    Denise Married on 09/20/2014
    Overall, a great place to have a reception. The main complaint I got from my guests were that The Great Dane brews their own beer and apparently it isn't very good. My husband's and my complaint is that, for brewing their own beer, it was fairly expensive. We also had some hidden charges on our bill that we didn't notice the night of the wedding (they had us pay at midnight). A few weeks later, I addressed this with the event coordinator at Great Dane and she sent us a gift certificate. However, it didn't make up for the extra money that we paid, and the inconvenience.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 08/10/2012
    We chose The Dane because of the excellent value and options. Tiffany, the banquet coordinator, was very nice and accomodating ... but it did take her some time to get back to us whenever we contacted her (a couple of days or more). Also, no one ever told us they saved our groom's cake and they lost our cake knife & server -- not the end of the world but definitely a bummer. Outside of those minor snafus, though, the Dane is a great venue with lots of ammenities included in the banquet fee and great flexibility and options. They also let our reception go after midnight which is great for partiers like us. I would recommend this venue to anyone.