Graystone Wine Cellar Reviews

21 | Columbus, OH

21 Reviews for Graystone Wine Cellar

• Alexa

Alexa · Married on 07/29/2018

We hosted our rehearsal dinner at Graystone and it was a wonderful event! Brian was a joy to work with throughout the planning process! Many of our guests commented on how fantastic both the food and atmosphere were. We had a number of allergies and dietary restrictions and they were incredibly accommodating. Some of the planning was done long-distance, and Brian was great with all of his communication and had very quick response times!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Charity · Married on 09/17/2017

Had my wedding reception here! Beautiful architecture and professional staff! Wine was great! Food was good and guests were wowed!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Charity · Married on 09/17/2017

The Proprietor, Brian Johnson, was responsive and professional. The service was 5 star! Our guests loved the intimacy of the venue and their overall experience. Bar service was speedy and delightful. Thank you!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/07/2017

We absolutely loved the Graystone. They were very good at communicating and being flexible with us. The food was amazing. All of our guests talked about how great the food was. The pictures of the venue that are posted don't even begin to do the venue justice. It is beautiful and unique. We are so happy to have had our wedding at the Graystone!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Bobbi · Married on 09/24/2016

This space was absolutely what we wanted. It helped keep our event small and intimate. The food was incredible, hot and delivered efficiently. Brian was so easy to work with, and always responded to emails quickly. The set up and tear down between spaces was really great. His staff was great as well. I would recommend anyone to use this venue for a beautiful small wedding!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Concetta · Married on 06/17/2016

Amazing venue! The staff were wonderful and worked very hard to make sure that our special day was perfect!! We did both our ceremony and reception there! The food was amazing! We would definitely use this venue again for any other event!!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Christina · Married on 05/21/2016

I was very please with the service provided at Graystone. There was more waitstaff than I was expecting and the meal service went very smoothly. My guests raved about the meal served, I chose the Statehouse package served buffet style. Thanks again - I highly recommend this facility!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Mary Ann · Married on 05/22/2015

We held our rehearsal dinner for 50 people at Graystone Wine Cellar and it was wonderful! The atmosphere was intimate yet unique with the wine cellar stone walls and very convenient for parking in the Brewery District. The food was great (we had the pecan crusted chicken and beef tenderloin) and our guests all raved about the food and service. Brian Johnson was very easy to work with and we appreciated how all the costs were laid out up front--nothing hidden. We will recommend this venue to all of our friends and associates. It made the wedding weekend one that will always be remembered.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Ashley · Married on 02/21/2015

Our reception was amazing! Our guests raved about the food and it was such an awesome value!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Stuart and Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Beautiful venue and the food is terrific. All of the employees are very courteous, honest, and professional.

Sent on 11/28/2014

Kimberly · Married on 09/20/2014

If you are looking for an intimate, unique and beautiful venue, Graystone is it. It has charm and photographs beautifully. It was a perfect location for our 70 guests. Bryan, whom you would deal with, was wonderful. He was so accommodating and quick to respond to any questions I had. The food is AMAZING. All of my guests were very impressed with the food. And the price point, well, you cannot beat it. Their pricing is all-inclusive so there are no hidden costs...it includes, food, alcohol, taxes and tip. So it makes it very, very easy on the bride! I cannot say enough good things about Bryan and his team at Graystone. You will be very happy if you choose Graystone as your venue for any event.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jason · Married on 07/19/2014

Would just like to say...WOW. We knew when we found this place and met with Brian , it was gonna be perfect. The venue itself is spectacular,old world feeling. From the minute you or your quest arrive they will be amazed at the architecture inside the venue. We held our ceremony in the chapel on site, all we had to do was provide some flowers and everything else was provided. We found that being down in the old brewery district provide a lot of places to take wedding photos. While the wedding party was taking photos, they provided a happy hour for our quest. When you purchase the full meal for the dinner (which gave us a choice of 3 entrees ,we choose the filet mignon and pecan chicken,shrimp pasta, it includes a appetizer for your quest). Then we choose 2 more for our cocktail hour. You can not go wrong with the prices. Our meals were served hot and fresh,steak was about 6oz or so and cooked to perfection. Chicken came with 2 big chicken breast,and all meals served with dinner salad and red potatoes,plus veggies. The shrimp was fresh and giant with a white cheese sauce and pasta. After dinner we choose to have a champagne toast which figured up to only 2.00 a person. I am telling you the prices are amazing, and also was provide cake cutting too. During the dinner they changed the ceremony room into a dance floor for our quest. Brian had told us we were able to use his sound equipment but we choose to hire a local dj for a couple hours. All the wait staff and bartenders were amazing and very friendly. At the end of the night they even boxed up our few table decorations and the rest of our cake. Made it much easier for us. If you are looking for a quaint venue with excellent food and service with-in a budget,this is your place in Columbus,Ohio.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Megan · Married on 02/22/2014

Brian Johnson, the proprietor of the venue was absolutely phenomenal to work with! He answered all ten thousand of my emails within 24 hours of me sending them and was always super polite and friendly. Brian and his staff were very accommodating. The venue was a hidden gem and not to mention a great value! Brian was always well organized and I could just go on about all of the little extras that he did for me. The fact that they will prepare a special meal for specific dietary restrictions (my maid of honor was vegan) was very touching! The place looked beautiful and everything ran smoothly during my reception! I cannot thank Brian and his staff enough!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Leela · Married on 01/26/2014

This venue was perfect for our small wedding. It was warm and cozy. The food was wonderful. The staff was very nice. They did a wonderful job taking care of us. It was beautiful!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Angie · Married on 10/11/2013

I highly recommend the Graystone. Brian is great to work with and the food is amazing. I had my wedding ceremony and reception there on October 11, 2013. The Graystone is gorgeous! I didn't need much decor because the cellar is pretty by it's self. I visited a lot of venues and the Graystone was by far the best. The Graystone is budget friendly, no hidden cost, great packages and amazing food! At the end of my wedding was very happy. I'm still getting calls about how gorgeous it was and of course how great the food was! Thanks Brian!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Lyndsay · Married on 06/09/2012

Amazing! Beautiful place and a great staff! The food was amazing, people were talking about it for weeks!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Vanly · Married on 04/14/2018

Wonderful experience for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner in April 14, 2018. We ordered the Pecan crust chicken and beef tender loin with roast vegetable, wild rice and one extra side dish blanched asparagus. We have a party of 42 people and the guest loved the food. My brother in-law love the cherry cinnamon sauce served with the chicken. The extra champagne toast worth the money. Brian Johnson is very courtesy and I appreciate that all the cost was layout up-front, there is no hidden cost. Although gratuity is included, we ended up give them extra tips due to the wonderful service. For the next day wedding, the bride side have a catering PC Events at the Gahanna Park and it was horrible. I am very glad with Gray-stone wine cellar. Thank you Brian,

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sara · Married on 11/12/2011

Great experience from start to finish! Highly recommended! Brian, the owner, was great to work with. He made nice suggestions along the way that were unexpected, but very appreciated (i.e table linens, music suggestions, etc.). His service was superb!

Pros:
    -Great food!
    -Reasonably priced
    -Unique atmosphere
    -Very flexible and helpful
    -Excellent bar package
    -Great service
    -Gluten free friendly! (My husband and his mother require this, and Brian even went out of his way to provide gluten free crackers)

Cons:
    -For those having a huge wedding, this is not your venue. I had 50 people at my wedding and this was perfect.
    -Like many places in the area, find your own (pay) parking
    -The only dings from 5 star were about the event staff. A few commented about the bartender not being friendly and the wait staff being a bit too ambitious (i.e trying to clear plates while they were still eating)

If I had to do it all over again, I'd certainly choose Graystone again!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Joyce Leidinger · Married on 10/12/2019

Graystone Wine Cellar

Beautiful venue. Our guests had a great time! The food was wonderful!!!

Sent on 10/18/2019

ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

I would HIGHLY recommend Graystone for a small(er) wedding for under 100 people. We had a 50-guest wedding there and it is perfect. It has a very romantic feel to it, a little dark inside and has a wonderful mood for a wedding/reception. The package options for dinner are extremely reasonable for the portions of appetizers/dinner/champagne toast/open bar that is all included in the price. Our guests RAVED about the food. I've been to so many weddings where the food has been terrible/bland and this is not that type of venue. They are very easy to work with, quick to call/email when communication/questions arise and all around I can't say anything negative about my experience. When getting married it's a stressful enough time and to work with a venue that is this flexible, reasonable priced and reliable, it makes things so much easier on you. Also, for the bar options, they have a great selection of wines (about 8-10 I think) available for guests to choose from and about 6 different types of beer (Columbus Brewing Company, Guiness, Strongbow, etc., not just your traditional Bud Lights). The only complaint I had from guests is that the bartender was less than courteous on multiple occasions.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Seth · Married on 06/06/2015

1.8
      0.0
      2.0
      3.0
      0.0

When planning the wedding with Brian, we advised we would have 75 guests. We also discussed removing a column of chairs from the ceremony hall so the bride could walk down the aisle with her mother and father. He assured us this would not be a problem as both rooms could hold 100 guests. We planned on starting the ceremony at 3PM and the reception dinner at 5PM.

When we arrived, the ceremony hall was not set up properly, and the mother of the bride and the groom had to remove a column of chairs while guests were coming in.

The reception hall was set up for 62 people, and the chef and staff were very quick to say to our families that the error was somehow on our end. It took a lot of convincing to get th

Sent on 06/24/2015