Gray Area Photography and Video Reviews

Gray Area Photography and Video 5
Gray Area Photography and Video 6
Gray Area Photography and Video 7

Kate · Married on 09/07/2014

My husband and I had our marriage ceremony on my grandparents farm in West Virginia. It was very, very important to us to find a photographer that could capture all of the special moments...we didn't want to miss a thing! It seemed like we had to search forever to find a photographer that we liked. We actually found out about Gray Area Photography by a friend who also had them shoot their wedding. All it took was one glance over their website and we were sold! We chose the 7 hour wedding package, which also came with an engagement photo shoot....which we HIGHLY recommend by the way! The engagement shoot gave us an opportunity to meet Donnie and his wife, which made the wedding photo shoot more comfortable and quite frankly made them seem like family :) Donnie was extremely easy to work with. He is professional and friendly. After talking with him for a few minutes, it was like we had known him for years. We were surprised how fast we received our wedding photos. Friends of ours that used other photographers for their wedding complained about how long it took to get their photos.....not us! He uses online galleries to preview pictures and then sends a CD which can be used to order prints. OUR WEDDING PHOTOS WERE BREATHTAKING! We enjoyed looking through them so much, and often caught ourselves saying, " wowwww how did he get some of these shots, he's so good!". For us, as the bride and groom, the wedding day flew by so fast, but he captured every important detail about our day. We have shared many of the photos with our families and received such positive feedback about the quality of his work. I can't emphasize enough how much we recommend this photographer....we are so pleased that we chose Gray Area Photography as our wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Krystal · Married on 07/05/2014

I'm so glad I found Donnie to do my wedding photos. I wanted a classy elegant wedding on a budget. When I was researching photographers, they were all above what I wanted to pay. Any photographers that I found that were reasonably priced had awful pictures on their website, or no pictures at all.

When I came across Donnie's website I thought it had to be to good to be true. His prices were very affordable, and the pictures were beautiful. After our consultation I immediately booked him for my wedding.

During the wedding he was extremely professional, took all the shots I wanted, and he even stayed a little pass his time to get pictures of the cake cutting at no additional charge. I would highly recommend Donnie to anyone getting married. He is an excellent photographer and his prices can't be beat.

Sent on 08/18/2014

A. · Married on 06/22/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donnie and his lovely bride, Dawn, who served as his assistant. Donnie is responsive and professional and he took excellent care with our photos both in the moments he captured and the effects he applied to our gallery. Our family loves that they can view the gallery online and order directly through his website and we love that the proofs are ours to own as part of the pricing structure. We have scheduled a family session with Donnie this fall and are very excited at the thought of capturing more special moments with our children. I would not hesitate to work with Donnie again and highly recommend him to brides-to-be.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Betty · Married on 06/14/2014

Donnie was fantastic. He did a wonderful job with our pictures and we are so happy we were able to book him for our wedding! His prices are fair and he really is talented! We enjoyed not only having him and his wife photographing our wedding - but having them there was fun. Great people! Great pictures! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Angelica · Married on 10/23/2013

Gray Area Photography did an amazing job with our wedding photos. The price was absolutely wonderful and the pictures were stunning! The turn around time for the pictures was extremely quick and the end result was nothing short of beautiful artwork. Gray Area Photography's attention to detail was impeccable and ideas were extremely creative. I would highly recommend Gray Area Photography for all photography needs!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Tina · Married on 09/29/2013

Donnie did an excellent job and our engagement and wedding pictures looked beautiful. He was always prompt and professional in everything he did for us. I highly recommend him as a photographer.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jeff · Married on 09/28/2013

Working with Gray Area Photography for our wedding video was the best decision my wife and I could have made. Donnie knows the technology inside and out. He listened to our needs and exceeded all of them - from our initial meeting right up until the big day, he was flawless. Excellent execution on the day of the event and the audio and video were crisp, clear and of very professional quality. He was also very reasonably priced and offered a lot of value for the money. Consider Gray Area Photography for your next wedding or big event. He is the absolute best!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Kathryn · Married on 09/22/2013

Donnie did an incredible job capturing our wedding. He and his assistant were wonderful to work with. They were very professional and unobtrusive. We hired Gray Area to do both photos and video for us and my husband and I are thrilled with the results! The photos are so artistic and beautiful. He really captured the essence of our special day. The video was also just as amazing. He used several cameras during our ceremony and the final DVD is so incredibly professional with so many personal touches and attention to detail. We have recommend Gray Area Photography and Video to all of our friends and would hire Donnie again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Erin · Married on 09/01/2013

Donnie did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! He captured every detail and the entire vibe and feel of our big day perfectly! My husband and I definitely recommend Gray Area Photography!!

Sent on 12/07/2013

My fiance and had not recieved an engagement photo package with our photographer. So we searched websites for another photographer to help us out. We found Donnie (Gray Photography). He responded quickly to my first email, within an hour. He spoke with us, listened to our ideas and was very accomodating for everything we wanted. The shots were awesome and the fact we have them on DVD and can print them whenever we want...is great.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Tessa · Married on 10/20/2012

Donnie was a pleasure to work with, very responsive, and reliable. He really did a fabulous job and I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Barbara · Married on 07/22/2012

As mother of the bride I was tasked with researching a wedding photographer that fit my daugher's budget for quality photos and a video. I'm so happy that we chose Donnie. He was professional, responsive to our needs, and we have such beautiful photos. If I could give a bride a bit of advice, I would say go for the video. As much as we have enjoyed watching the video quite a few times already, I can't imagine what a treasure it will be years from now. Thanks so much, Donnie!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Dana · Married on 04/07/2012

We have very much enjoyed our pictures. Donnie was very easy to work with and affordable. I love that he gave us disks and the rights to all of our pictures. He spent a lot of time and followed all of my requests. We also had him do the video work which we hadn't planned on doing, but his prices were so much better than anyone else that it made it affordable to do both.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Bill · Married on 11/11/2011

Great guy and great photos! We did our ceremony and pictures afterward outside in the freezing weather. Donnie hung in there even when the wind almost knocked over his flash stands!

Sent on 12/04/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2011

Donnie was our wedding videographer and did a fantastic job! We received our video in the mail less than a month after the big day. He was fast, very flexible, and the end result is wonderful! We went back and forth on getting a video done, and we are SO glad we opted to go this route. It really evokes the same emotions from that day and it's so wonderful to be able to watch the ceremony whenever we want. You truly don't remember everything that happens, so to have it captured on film is a real treasure. Thanks, Donnie!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Karen · Married on 09/04/2011

I got married on September 4th, 2011 and Mr. Gray was my photographer. He was very laid back and easy to work with. I haven't received all of my photos yet but the one's I have gotten are beautiful. I should also mention that the cost was extremely affordable and Mr. Gray was very accommodating. Two thumbs up.

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • FutureMrsRatcliff

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2011

Donnie did a great job with our wedding video! It was great to watch back the things we missed since we were so busy with everyone. Thanks Donnie!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Liz · Married on 05/29/2016

Great photography and video!! Was so excited to see everything once we received the CD's. Gave us plenty of copies to share with family and friends!

Sent on 08/16/2016

His package for video and photo cannot be beat in the DC area. Majority of the photos were great and exceeded my expectations. There was one little glitch and that Donnie did not take charge of the group pictures. Donnie was a little in the background kind of photographer and just followed my sister and her husband instructions. I thought Donnie would take charge and make sure all family members was in place and command everybody's attention.

But overall, he did an amazing job.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Kavita · Married on 09/02/2017

Quality of photos was excellent, no gimmicks, just good photos and thorough coverage of the wedding and wedding dinner. Was flexible in setting up terms of service. Delivered the photos within the deadline. Would have been good to do a site visit and talk through the run of show before the wedding at a non-stressful time, half an hour before the wedding does not really work.

Sent on 12/24/2017