41 Reviews for Gray Area Photography and Video

todo alt text
Digital Files (3)
High-Res Images (2)
41 Gray Area Photography and Video Reviews

I highly recommend Gray Area Photography and Video. We had a small elopement ceremony (30 minutes) and other photographers wanted to charge their normal wedding fees. Donnie worked with us and provided a service that was above and beyond what I could have imagined and at a very reasonable price. He was also very responsive and the turn around time was very satisfactory. I highly recommend him to all couples looking for someone to capture their special day.

Profile Picture Samantha, 1/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

To start, Donnie was clear, professional and very responsive during the planning and pricing phase. He kept in touch ahead of the winter wedding which gave me a lot of comfort. We contracted for a 5 hour period to include a series of pre-wedding posed shots, ceremony, tables and whatever else up until 5 hours - including a video of the ceremony. In every way possible Donnie and Dawn went above and beyond. If you are a quantity for a good cost person, you get that. If you want a partner who will help you capture the day in ways you didn't think of, you get that too. If you want stirringly beautiful photos of the formal stuff and the fun stuff, you get that too. We had severe audio problems due to the DJ so many of us had trouble hearing the ceremony or the toasts. But Donnie worked with what he had, did some creative editing and we not only have a great video, but I could actually hear all of the toasts for the first time. He stayed longer than the contracted period and gave us more than we contracted for. We got finished product in a very timely fashion. It always helps a pro when you are clear and organized yourself ahead of time, but I commend Donnie for taking into account everything we asked for and then giving us way more. We had a chance to add a tip and we did.

Profile Picture Sunny, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Donnie captured all the tender, emotional, and fun moments from our special day! When my husband and I look at the photos, we feel like we’ve been transported back to our wedding day! Thank you so much, Donnie, for preserving for posterity not only our special day, but the love that was so fully on display. You’re the best!

Profile Picture Monique, 12/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Our pictures from our wedding turned out to be amazing! Highly recommended Gray Area Photography!

Profile Picture Allison, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I can’t say enough about the outstanding job Donnie did on our engagement and wedding photos, and our wedding video. Our photos turned out amazing! And our video was tastefully done with lots of personal touches which we really appreciated. Him and his wife were professional and friendly, and Donnie was flexible, helpful, and willing to work with us to stay in our budget. Super talented guy, and captured everything we wanted perfectly, so many great photo moments often without us knowing he was there. I highly recommended Gray Area Photography for your wedding!

Profile Picture Kyle, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Quality of photos was excellent, no gimmicks, just good photos and thorough coverage of the wedding and wedding dinner. Was flexible in setting up terms of service. Delivered the photos within the deadline. Would have been good to do a site visit and talk through the run of show before the wedding at a non-stressful time, half an hour before the wedding does not really work.

Profile Picture Kavita, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Donnie did a great job with our simple wedding in the woods. He did everything that he promised and more. We look forward to using his services again in the future. The pictures he took shows how important the day was to us and will always remind us of ever little thing that happened.

Profile Picture Mike, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Gray Area Photography and Video did such a great job at our wedding. They were easy to work with from start to finish. Their artistic talent and vision really shined. We could tell they have a lot of passion for their craft and they poured it into every picture. I couldn't recommend them higher. Thanks Donnie and Dawn!

Profile Picture Michael, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Donnie did a great job with our wedding pictures and video. He really took the time to make sure the pictures came out great and that we got exactly what we wanted. The video was way more than what we were expecting. We both were very pleased with the results of both. We would recommend gray area photography to any one that asks.

Profile Picture User7247048, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Great photography and video!! Was so excited to see everything once we received the CD's. Gave us plenty of copies to share with family and friends!

Profile Picture User7092875, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Finding the perfect photographer for our small, intimate wedding was so important to my wife and I as we planned our big day. When we saw Donnie's work online, we knew we had the perfect person for the job. He did not let us down. The final photographs are beautiful, capturing so many moments that we want to remember forever. He made everything so easy, from communicating prior to the day, to sending us our galleries of photos afterwards. We have not stopped talking about him and his work, nor have our guests! He is a one in a million. Thank you Donnie! .....Kelly and Vicki

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Donnie and his lovely wife did a fantastic job photographing our anniversary party. They made sure I had all of the different family groups photographed during the evening. The quality of the pictures was exceptional.

Profile Picture Betsy, 12/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Donnie was a superb photographer! We feel very lucky to have been able to book him. He and his wife Dawn worked our wedding and reception and did a fantastic job. Both were extremely professional and friendly. And the pictures were amazing. What I loved most was Donnie had a knack for capturing personal moments without us even knowing. The entire process was smooth and easy. I'd hire him again in a microsecond.

Profile Picture Kym, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I found Donnie on the internet searching for a wedding videographer. Off the bat my fiance and I loved his style. We liked that he didn't just do a 'highlight' video, rather one that really captured the feel and look of the wedding day. His videos are real, beautiful, and artistic. I know that is the direction some wedding videos are going in is highlights and more artsy. But we wanted his style. We loved the different wedding packages he offered, he had a good variety to choose from that could work with our budget. His prices and packages are straightforward and listed on his website, so your not left guessing. Once we contacted him, he really took the time to listen to what we wanted and discuss his services so that we were all on the same page. Donnie was wonderful to work with, he's a really nice guy that knows what he's doing.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Thank you guys so much for capturing our special day! We love your pictures and video. Donnie was very responsive and helpful to everything I needed, and I can tell that he does his absolute best to make sure he gets every little detail of the day. Thank you!

Profile Picture Urim, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Donnie and his wife were truly wonderful to us. They were extremely friendly and easy people to be around (which is a nice trait given that most people have the jitters on their wedding day!), and we felt that they genuinely cared about how our photos and video turned out. They were very personable and took the time to get to know us, and we strongly feel that this came through in our wedding photos. They were extremely creative as well (we didn't really know what we wanted when we first contacted them), and both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out lovely. The video they put together was truly special to us as well, and the quality of their photography is of the highest professional caliber. Both on a photography level and personal level we have nothing but good things to say about them. They are just great people in general and you will not be disappointed if you choose them! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Justin, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Donnie and Dawn did a fantastic job at our wedding. Always quick to respond, calm and nerves we had, and solve any issues that arose. My wife and I couldn't have picked a better duo to photograph our wedding.

Profile Picture Chris, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would highly recommend Donnie as a wedding videographer. He did an amazing job and was so easy to work with. Our video turned out wonderful and we are so excited to have it to look back on for years to come. He exceeded all expectations!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

My Husband and I cannot say enough great things about Donnie and his photography! He was there every step of the way to answer any questions we had. He was very accommodating with our request to do First Look photos as well as Bridal Party photos before the ceremony. We loved getting the galleries sent to us as Donnie finished them up, and were so excited to share them with our friends and family!!

Profile Picture Lindey, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Donnie and his wife were amazing. Outside wedding and rain was probably not the best circumstances but the pictures turned out great. Bride and groom are very happy with them. Donnie even worked within our budget once I told him what it was. Would definitely refer him to anyone needing photography services.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were thrilled with the service we received from Donnie Gray. While searching for a photographer, my husband, with an art school background, was extremely picky about the quality of the images on websites. We narrowed it down to 3 photographers and picked Donnie due to his knowledge of photography and his easy-going personality. Donnie and his wife Dawn were punctual for every meeting. Donnie has great ideas of where to shoot pictures based upon our vineyard wedding location. Donnie took the time to check his camera after each shot to ensure that all eyes were open and smiles were on faces. This took awhile during our family shots but this ensured that all pictures turned out beautifully. Dawn was a great help too, ensuring that I looked my best! We are very happy with our pictures - many of posed shots looked like they could be out of the pages of Brides magazine. With so many good pictures to print from, it was very difficult picking which images to print. I would highly recommend Gray Area Photography to anyone looking for a quality photographer for their upcoming event - you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4648357, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Excellent photographer who listened to his clients and provided friendly, and professional work. No drama! What more can you ask for?

Profile Picture User4544939, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had our marriage ceremony on my grandparents farm in West Virginia. It was very, very important to us to find a photographer that could capture all of the special moments...we didn't want to miss a thing! It seemed like we had to search forever to find a photographer that we liked. We actually found out about Gray Area Photography by a friend who also had them shoot their wedding. All it took was one glance over their website and we were sold! We chose the 7 hour wedding package, which also came with an engagement photo shoot....which we HIGHLY recommend by the way! The engagement shoot gave us an opportunity to meet Donnie and his wife, which made the wedding photo shoot more comfortable and quite frankly made them seem like family :) Donnie was extremely easy to work with. He is professional and friendly. After talking with him for a few minutes, it was like we had known him for years. We were surprised how fast we received our wedding photos. Friends of ours that used other photographers for their wedding complained about how long it took to get their photos.....not us! He uses online galleries to preview pictures and then sends a CD which can be used to order prints. OUR WEDDING PHOTOS WERE BREATHTAKING! We enjoyed looking through them so much, and often caught ourselves saying, " wowwww how did he get some of these shots, he's so good!". For us, as the bride and groom, the wedding day flew by so fast, but he captured every important detail about our day. We have shared many of the photos with our families and received such positive feedback about the quality of his work. I can't emphasize enough how much we recommend this photographer....we are so pleased that we chose Gray Area Photography as our wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I'm so glad I found Donnie to do my wedding photos. I wanted a classy elegant wedding on a budget. When I was researching photographers, they were all above what I wanted to pay. Any photographers that I found that were reasonably priced had awful pictures on their website, or no pictures at all.

When I came across Donnie's website I thought it had to be to good to be true. His prices were very affordable, and the pictures were beautiful. After our consultation I immediately booked him for my wedding.

During the wedding he was extremely professional, took all the shots I wanted, and he even stayed a little pass his time to get pictures of the cake cutting at no additional charge. I would highly recommend Donnie to anyone getting married. He is an excellent photographer and his prices can't be beat.

Profile Picture Krystal, 7/5/14, 10 Reviews