Gray Area Photography and Video Reviews

Gray Area Photography and Video 6
Gray Area Photography and Video 7

Carly · Married on 10/26/2018

Excellent Photographer & Videographer

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Gray Area Photography & Video for our wedding. Donnie and his wife were so accommodating, friendly and professional throughout the entire process. When the weather didn't cooperate quite like we planned on our wedding day, they sprung into action and made things happen. Everything turned out absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the pricing was extremely affordable - far better than any other quotes we received. Working with Gray Area Photography showed us that price is not at all reflective of quality. We got so much more than we paid for. We will definitely be utilizing GAP for all of our future photo needs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Carly, thank you so much for taking your time to write such a thoughtful review. I cant express how much it means to have such generous and kind words written about us. You and Mike are such awesome and kind people, it was totally a pleasure to get to know you both, and to work with you on your engagement and wedding. It means the world to have folks be appreciative, that alone just makes our job all the more meaningful. Your wedding day amazing and I'm so grateful we were a small part of it!

Cayla · Married on 10/21/2018

Super down to earth and so much fun!

Donnie and Dawn are fantastic and so much fun to work with!! We used them for our engagement and wedding photos. They have great chemistry together and make sure the day is perfect. I work about 60 hours a week and planning a wedding was very difficult with my schedule. Donnie was super flexible with scheduling the engagement photos (we had to reschedule several times and took them not even two months before the wedding) and always responded to my emails right away. He even got us the photos back with enough time for us to use some of them at the wedding.
    The quality of the photos we got was amazing and I could not have asked for anything more. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is getting married, mostly because they are very down to earth and capture the moments that will last a lifetime. Thank you so much again, guys!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Gray Area Photography and Video 8
    Gray Area Photography and Video 9

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you thank you so much for your time to write such a super generous and kind review! From the day we meet up for a beer and do your engagement photos we knew we had meet two super kind people in you and Ben! We felt your wedding day was just awesome on so many levels! You and Ben were just so easy to be around, your family and friends were super cool, and I can't say enough about how great your dad is! All we do is try our best to help make things special, couples like you guys make that job a total breeze! Thanks again for having us be a part of it!
  • Lindsay

Gray Area Photography and Video 11
    Gray Area Photography and Video 12
    Gray Area Photography and Video 13

Sarsh · Married on 06/02/2018

Donnie did such an awesome job on our wedding photos this summer. My husband and I are not big on taking pictures and neither of us have had professional photos done. Him and his wife calmed our nerves and gave us so many amazing photo ideas! We felt completely comfortable with them from the start and by the end of the evening they felt like a part of the family. The pictures turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. We will definitely be using Donnie again for any of our photography needs in the future!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Sarah, thank your so much for this awesome review! I'm super flattered to know you guys love your photos. My wife and I still talk about what an amazing time we had working with you and Cam, and about the beautiful location on your family's property!

Samantha · Married on 01/01/2018

I highly recommend Gray Area Photography and Video. We had a small elopement ceremony (30 minutes) and other photographers wanted to charge their normal wedding fees. Donnie worked with us and provided a service that was above and beyond what I could have imagined and at a very reasonable price. He was also very responsive and the turn around time was very satisfactory. I highly recommend him to all couples looking for someone to capture their special day.

Sent on 02/20/2018
    Gray Area Photography and Video 14

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Samantha, thank you so much taking your time to post such a wonderfully fantastic review! I can’t thank you enough! I'm just so happy I was able to meet your expectations. It was truly my pleasure to be a part of your wedding, and hopefully add a little something to remember your special day. I wish you and Jerry all the best for a great future!

Sunny · Married on 12/16/2017

To start, Donnie was clear, professional and very responsive during the planning and pricing phase. He kept in touch ahead of the winter wedding which gave me a lot of comfort. We contracted for a 5 hour period to include a series of pre-wedding posed shots, ceremony, tables and whatever else up until 5 hours - including a video of the ceremony. In every way possible Donnie and Dawn went above and beyond. If you are a quantity for a good cost person, you get that. If you want a partner who will help you capture the day in ways you didn't think of, you get that too. If you want stirringly beautiful photos of the formal stuff and the fun stuff, you get that too. We had severe audio problems due to the DJ so many of us had trouble hearing the ceremony or the toasts. But Donnie worked with what he had, did some creative editing and we not only have a great video, but I could actually hear all of the toasts for the first time. He stayed longer than the contracted period and gave us more than we contracted for. We got finished product in a very timely fashion. It always helps a pro when you are clear and organized yourself ahead of time, but I commend Donnie for taking into account everything we asked for and then giving us way more. We had a chance to add a tip and we did.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Sunny, thank you so much for your amazingly fantastic review and kind words! I couldn't be more appreciative for your time to write this. It was our sincere pleasure to meet you, and all your family and friends. You were super great to us, the best mom we’ve had the pleasure of working with! I really appreciate your kindness and support and all the great things you’ve said in this review! Dawn and I wish your daughter and her new husband all the best in their new life together! Thanks again for everything!!

Monique · Married on 12/14/2017

Donnie captured all the tender, emotional, and fun moments from our special day! When my husband and I look at the photos, we feel like we’ve been transported back to our wedding day! Thank you so much, Donnie, for preserving for posterity not only our special day, but the love that was so fully on display. You’re the best!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Monique, thank you so very much for your review! It's wonderful to receive such kind words from you! It was truly my pleasure to be present for such a wonderful afternoon. You guys made my job easy!
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/04/2017

Our pictures from our wedding turned out to be amazing! Highly recommended Gray Area Photography!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thanks so much Allison! Your wedding day was so beautiful, and it was a real pleasure being a part of it! Thank you and Scott so much for having us do your photos!

Kyle · Married on 10/28/2017

I can’t say enough about the outstanding job Donnie did on our engagement and wedding photos, and our wedding video. Our photos turned out amazing! And our video was tastefully done with lots of personal touches which we really appreciated. Him and his wife were professional and friendly, and Donnie was flexible, helpful, and willing to work with us to stay in our budget. Super talented guy, and captured everything we wanted perfectly, so many great photo moments often without us knowing he was there. I highly recommended Gray Area Photography for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thanks so much for the fantastic review, really appreciate the kind words! It was a real pleasure being a part of your big day! Thank you Kyle for having us do your photos and video!

Mike · Married on 08/19/2017

Donnie did a great job with our simple wedding in the woods. He did everything that he promised and more. We look forward to using his services again in the future. The pictures he took shows how important the day was to us and will always remind us of ever little thing that happened.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Mike, thank you so much for the kind words! I sincerely appreciate it!! The effort you put into building your little private chapel in the woods was impressive, and I'd have to say one of the most beautiful things we've seen! Best of luck to you two for the future, and thank you so much for having us do photos for your big day!

Michael · Married on 10/29/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video did such a great job at our wedding. They were easy to work with from start to finish. Their artistic talent and vision really shined. We could tell they have a lot of passion for their craft and they poured it into every picture. I couldn't recommend them higher. Thanks Donnie and Dawn!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Mike and Melinda for taking time to post those awesome words! We had so much fun getting to know you guys! From your engagement shoot at Great Falls to your wedding right before Halloween, I don't think we've meet any nicer folks! You welcomed us at your wedding like we were long time friends, pretty amazing! Thank so much for having us!

Joseph · Married on 07/02/2016

Donnie did a great job with our wedding pictures and video. He really took the time to make sure the pictures came out great and that we got exactly what we wanted. The video was way more than what we were expecting. We both were very pleased with the results of both. We would recommend gray area photography to any one that asks.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you so much for such kind words! It was a real pleasure getting to know you guys and working with you on your big day! You two were just the nicest and sweetest couple! Thanks again for having me cover photos and video at your wedding!

Kelly · Married on 03/19/2016

Finding the perfect photographer for our small, intimate wedding was so important to my wife and I as we planned our big day. When we saw Donnie's work online, we knew we had the perfect person for the job. He did not let us down. The final photographs are beautiful, capturing so many moments that we want to remember forever. He made everything so easy, from communicating prior to the day, to sending us our galleries of photos afterwards. We have not stopped talking about him and his work, nor have our guests! He is a one in a million. Thank you Donnie! .....Kelly and Vicki

Sent on 04/25/2016

Betsy · Married on 12/26/2015

Donnie and his lovely wife did a fantastic job photographing our anniversary party. They made sure I had all of the different family groups photographed during the evening. The quality of the pictures was exceptional.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kym · Married on 10/17/2015

Donnie was a superb photographer! We feel very lucky to have been able to book him. He and his wife Dawn worked our wedding and reception and did a fantastic job. Both were extremely professional and friendly. And the pictures were amazing. What I loved most was Donnie had a knack for capturing personal moments without us even knowing. The entire process was smooth and easy. I'd hire him again in a microsecond.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/10/2015

I found Donnie on the internet searching for a wedding videographer. Off the bat my fiance and I loved his style. We liked that he didn't just do a 'highlight' video, rather one that really captured the feel and look of the wedding day. His videos are real, beautiful, and artistic. I know that is the direction some wedding videos are going in is highlights and more artsy. But we wanted his style. We loved the different wedding packages he offered, he had a good variety to choose from that could work with our budget. His prices and packages are straightforward and listed on his website, so your not left guessing. Once we contacted him, he really took the time to listen to what we wanted and discuss his services so that we were all on the same page. Donnie was wonderful to work with, he's a really nice guy that knows what he's doing.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/10/2015

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • U

Urim · Married on 09/26/2015

Thank you guys so much for capturing our special day! We love your pictures and video. Donnie was very responsive and helpful to everything I needed, and I can tell that he does his absolute best to make sure he gets every little detail of the day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Justin · Married on 08/01/2015

Donnie and his wife were truly wonderful to us. They were extremely friendly and easy people to be around (which is a nice trait given that most people have the jitters on their wedding day!), and we felt that they genuinely cared about how our photos and video turned out. They were very personable and took the time to get to know us, and we strongly feel that this came through in our wedding photos. They were extremely creative as well (we didn't really know what we wanted when we first contacted them), and both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out lovely. The video they put together was truly special to us as well, and the quality of their photography is of the highest professional caliber. Both on a photography level and personal level we have nothing but good things to say about them. They are just great people in general and you will not be disappointed if you choose them! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Chris · Married on 05/30/2015

Donnie and Dawn did a fantastic job at our wedding. Always quick to respond, calm and nerves we had, and solve any issues that arose. My wife and I couldn't have picked a better duo to photograph our wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

I would highly recommend Donnie as a wedding videographer. He did an amazing job and was so easy to work with. Our video turned out wonderful and we are so excited to have it to look back on for years to come. He exceeded all expectations!

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • Lindey

Lindey · Married on 10/18/2014

My Husband and I cannot say enough great things about Donnie and his photography! He was there every step of the way to answer any questions we had. He was very accommodating with our request to do First Look photos as well as Bridal Party photos before the ceremony. We loved getting the galleries sent to us as Donnie finished them up, and were so excited to share them with our friends and family!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

Donnie and his wife were amazing. Outside wedding and rain was probably not the best circumstances but the pictures turned out great. Bride and groom are very happy with them. Donnie even worked within our budget once I told him what it was. Would definitely refer him to anyone needing photography services.

Sent on 12/15/2014

My husband and I were thrilled with the service we received from Donnie Gray. While searching for a photographer, my husband, with an art school background, was extremely picky about the quality of the images on websites. We narrowed it down to 3 photographers and picked Donnie due to his knowledge of photography and his easy-going personality. Donnie and his wife Dawn were punctual for every meeting. Donnie has great ideas of where to shoot pictures based upon our vineyard wedding location. Donnie took the time to check his camera after each shot to ensure that all eyes were open and smiles were on faces. This took awhile during our family shots but this ensured that all pictures turned out beautifully. Dawn was a great help too, ensuring that I looked my best! We are very happy with our pictures - many of posed shots looked like they could be out of the pages of Brides magazine. With so many good pictures to print from, it was very difficult picking which images to print. I would highly recommend Gray Area Photography to anyone looking for a quality photographer for their upcoming event - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Excellent photographer who listened to his clients and provided friendly, and professional work. No drama! What more can you ask for?

Sent on 11/13/2014