Gray Area Photography and Video Reviews

42 Reviews for Gray Area Photography and Video

1 User photo

Gray Area Photography and Video 1

Sarsh · Married on 06/02/2018

Donnie did such an awesome job on our wedding photos this summer. My husband and I are not big on taking pictures and neither of us have had professional photos done. Him and his wife calmed our nerves and gave us so many amazing photo ideas! We felt completely comfortable with them from the start and by the end of the evening they felt like a part of the family. The pictures turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. We will definitely be using Donnie again for any of our photography needs in the future!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Sarah, thank your so much for this awesome review! I'm super flattered to know you guys love your photos. My wife and I still talk about what an amazing time we had working with you and Cam, and about the beautiful location on your family's property!

Samantha · Married on 01/01/2018

I highly recommend Gray Area Photography and Video. We had a small elopement ceremony (30 minutes) and other photographers wanted to charge their normal wedding fees. Donnie worked with us and provided a service that was above and beyond what I could have imagined and at a very reasonable price. He was also very responsive and the turn around time was very satisfactory. I highly recommend him to all couples looking for someone to capture their special day.

Sent on 02/20/2018
    Gray Area Photography and Video 2

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Samantha, thank you so much taking your time to post such a wonderfully fantastic review! I can’t thank you enough! I'm just so happy I was able to meet your expectations. It was truly my pleasure to be a part of your wedding, and hopefully add a little something to remember your special day. I wish you and Jerry all the best for a great future!

Sunny · Married on 12/16/2017

To start, Donnie was clear, professional and very responsive during the planning and pricing phase. He kept in touch ahead of the winter wedding which gave me a lot of comfort. We contracted for a 5 hour period to include a series of pre-wedding posed shots, ceremony, tables and whatever else up until 5 hours - including a video of the ceremony. In every way possible Donnie and Dawn went above and beyond. If you are a quantity for a good cost person, you get that. If you want a partner who will help you capture the day in ways you didn't think of, you get that too. If you want stirringly beautiful photos of the formal stuff and the fun stuff, you get that too. We had severe audio problems due to the DJ so many of us had trouble hearing the ceremony or the toasts. But Donnie worked with what he had, did some creative editing and we not only have a great video, but I could actually hear all of the toasts for the first time. He stayed longer than the contracted period and gave us more than we contracted for. We got finished product in a very timely fashion. It always helps a pro when you are clear and organized yourself ahead of time, but I commend Donnie for taking into account everything we asked for and then giving us way more. We had a chance to add a tip and we did.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Sunny, thank you so much for your amazingly fantastic review and kind words! I couldn't be more appreciative for your time to write this. It was our sincere pleasure to meet you, and all your family and friends. You were super great to us, the best mom we’ve had the pleasure of working with! I really appreciate your kindness and support and all the great things you’ve said in this review! Dawn and I wish your daughter and her new husband all the best in their new life together! Thanks again for everything!!

Monique · Married on 12/14/2017

Donnie captured all the tender, emotional, and fun moments from our special day! When my husband and I look at the photos, we feel like we’ve been transported back to our wedding day! Thank you so much, Donnie, for preserving for posterity not only our special day, but the love that was so fully on display. You’re the best!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Monique, thank you so very much for your review! It's wonderful to receive such kind words from you! It was truly my pleasure to be present for such a wonderful afternoon. You guys made my job easy!
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 11/04/2017

Our pictures from our wedding turned out to be amazing! Highly recommended Gray Area Photography!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thanks so much Allison! Your wedding day was so beautiful, and it was a real pleasure being a part of it! Thank you and Scott so much for having us do your photos!

Kyle · Married on 10/28/2017

I can’t say enough about the outstanding job Donnie did on our engagement and wedding photos, and our wedding video. Our photos turned out amazing! And our video was tastefully done with lots of personal touches which we really appreciated. Him and his wife were professional and friendly, and Donnie was flexible, helpful, and willing to work with us to stay in our budget. Super talented guy, and captured everything we wanted perfectly, so many great photo moments often without us knowing he was there. I highly recommended Gray Area Photography for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thanks so much for the fantastic review, really appreciate the kind words! It was a real pleasure being a part of your big day! Thank you Kyle for having us do your photos and video!

Mike · Married on 08/19/2017

Donnie did a great job with our simple wedding in the woods. He did everything that he promised and more. We look forward to using his services again in the future. The pictures he took shows how important the day was to us and will always remind us of ever little thing that happened.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Mike, thank you so much for the kind words! I sincerely appreciate it!! The effort you put into building your little private chapel in the woods was impressive, and I'd have to say one of the most beautiful things we've seen! Best of luck to you two for the future, and thank you so much for having us do photos for your big day!

Michael · Married on 10/29/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video did such a great job at our wedding. They were easy to work with from start to finish. Their artistic talent and vision really shined. We could tell they have a lot of passion for their craft and they poured it into every picture. I couldn't recommend them higher. Thanks Donnie and Dawn!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you Mike and Melinda for taking time to post those awesome words! We had so much fun getting to know you guys! From your engagement shoot at Great Falls to your wedding right before Halloween, I don't think we've meet any nicer folks! You welcomed us at your wedding like we were long time friends, pretty amazing! Thank so much for having us!

Joseph · Married on 07/02/2016

Donnie did a great job with our wedding pictures and video. He really took the time to make sure the pictures came out great and that we got exactly what we wanted. The video was way more than what we were expecting. We both were very pleased with the results of both. We would recommend gray area photography to any one that asks.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Gray Area Photography and Video's reply:

Thank you so much for such kind words! It was a real pleasure getting to know you guys and working with you on your big day! You two were just the nicest and sweetest couple! Thanks again for having me cover photos and video at your wedding!

Kelly · Married on 03/19/2016

Finding the perfect photographer for our small, intimate wedding was so important to my wife and I as we planned our big day. When we saw Donnie's work online, we knew we had the perfect person for the job. He did not let us down. The final photographs are beautiful, capturing so many moments that we want to remember forever. He made everything so easy, from communicating prior to the day, to sending us our galleries of photos afterwards. We have not stopped talking about him and his work, nor have our guests! He is a one in a million. Thank you Donnie! .....Kelly and Vicki

Betsy · Married on 12/26/2015

Donnie and his lovely wife did a fantastic job photographing our anniversary party. They made sure I had all of the different family groups photographed during the evening. The quality of the pictures was exceptional.

Kym · Married on 10/17/2015

Donnie was a superb photographer! We feel very lucky to have been able to book him. He and his wife Dawn worked our wedding and reception and did a fantastic job. Both were extremely professional and friendly. And the pictures were amazing. What I loved most was Donnie had a knack for capturing personal moments without us even knowing. The entire process was smooth and easy. I'd hire him again in a microsecond.

Vanessa · Married on 10/10/2015

I found Donnie on the internet searching for a wedding videographer. Off the bat my fiance and I loved his style. We liked that he didn't just do a 'highlight' video, rather one that really captured the feel and look of the wedding day. His videos are real, beautiful, and artistic. I know that is the direction some wedding videos are going in is highlights and more artsy. But we wanted his style. We loved the different wedding packages he offered, he had a good variety to choose from that could work with our budget. His prices and packages are straightforward and listed on his website, so your not left guessing. Once we contacted him, he really took the time to listen to what we wanted and discuss his services so that we were all on the same page. Donnie was wonderful to work with, he's a really nice guy that knows what he's doing.

Vanessa · Married on 10/10/2015

• U

Urim · Married on 09/26/2015

Thank you guys so much for capturing our special day! We love your pictures and video. Donnie was very responsive and helpful to everything I needed, and I can tell that he does his absolute best to make sure he gets every little detail of the day. Thank you!

Justin · Married on 08/01/2015

Donnie and his wife were truly wonderful to us. They were extremely friendly and easy people to be around (which is a nice trait given that most people have the jitters on their wedding day!), and we felt that they genuinely cared about how our photos and video turned out. They were very personable and took the time to get to know us, and we strongly feel that this came through in our wedding photos. They were extremely creative as well (we didn't really know what we wanted when we first contacted them), and both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out lovely. The video they put together was truly special to us as well, and the quality of their photography is of the highest professional caliber. Both on a photography level and personal level we have nothing but good things to say about them. They are just great people in general and you will not be disappointed if you choose them! Highly recommended.

Chris · Married on 05/30/2015

Donnie and Dawn did a fantastic job at our wedding. Always quick to respond, calm and nerves we had, and solve any issues that arose. My wife and I couldn't have picked a better duo to photograph our wedding.

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

I would highly recommend Donnie as a wedding videographer. He did an amazing job and was so easy to work with. Our video turned out wonderful and we are so excited to have it to look back on for years to come. He exceeded all expectations!

• Lindey

Lindey · Married on 10/18/2014

My Husband and I cannot say enough great things about Donnie and his photography! He was there every step of the way to answer any questions we had. He was very accommodating with our request to do First Look photos as well as Bridal Party photos before the ceremony. We loved getting the galleries sent to us as Donnie finished them up, and were so excited to share them with our friends and family!!

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

Donnie and his wife were amazing. Outside wedding and rain was probably not the best circumstances but the pictures turned out great. Bride and groom are very happy with them. Donnie even worked within our budget once I told him what it was. Would definitely refer him to anyone needing photography services.

My husband and I were thrilled with the service we received from Donnie Gray. While searching for a photographer, my husband, with an art school background, was extremely picky about the quality of the images on websites. We narrowed it down to 3 photographers and picked Donnie due to his knowledge of photography and his easy-going personality. Donnie and his wife Dawn were punctual for every meeting. Donnie has great ideas of where to shoot pictures based upon our vineyard wedding location. Donnie took the time to check his camera after each shot to ensure that all eyes were open and smiles were on faces. This took awhile during our family shots but this ensured that all pictures turned out beautifully. Dawn was a great help too, ensuring that I looked my best! We are very happy with our pictures - many of posed shots looked like they could be out of the pages of Brides magazine. With so many good pictures to print from, it was very difficult picking which images to print. I would highly recommend Gray Area Photography to anyone looking for a quality photographer for their upcoming event - you will not be disappointed!

Excellent photographer who listened to his clients and provided friendly, and professional work. No drama! What more can you ask for?

Kate · Married on 09/07/2014

My husband and I had our marriage ceremony on my grandparents farm in West Virginia. It was very, very important to us to find a photographer that could capture all of the special moments...we didn't want to miss a thing! It seemed like we had to search forever to find a photographer that we liked. We actually found out about Gray Area Photography by a friend who also had them shoot their wedding. All it took was one glance over their website and we were sold! We chose the 7 hour wedding package, which also came with an engagement photo shoot....which we HIGHLY recommend by the way! The engagement shoot gave us an opportunity to meet Donnie and his wife, which made the wedding photo shoot more comfortable and quite frankly made them seem like family :) Donnie was extremely easy to work with. He is professional and friendly. After talking with him for a few minutes, it was like we had known him for years. We were surprised how fast we received our wedding photos. Friends of ours that used other photographers for their wedding complained about how long it took to get their photos.....not us! He uses online galleries to preview pictures and then sends a CD which can be used to order prints. OUR WEDDING PHOTOS WERE BREATHTAKING! We enjoyed looking through them so much, and often caught ourselves saying, " wowwww how did he get some of these shots, he's so good!". For us, as the bride and groom, the wedding day flew by so fast, but he captured every important detail about our day. We have shared many of the photos with our families and received such positive feedback about the quality of his work. I can't emphasize enough how much we recommend this photographer....we are so pleased that we chose Gray Area Photography as our wedding photographer!

Krystal · Married on 07/05/2014

I'm so glad I found Donnie to do my wedding photos. I wanted a classy elegant wedding on a budget. When I was researching photographers, they were all above what I wanted to pay. Any photographers that I found that were reasonably priced had awful pictures on their website, or no pictures at all.

When I came across Donnie's website I thought it had to be to good to be true. His prices were very affordable, and the pictures were beautiful. After our consultation I immediately booked him for my wedding.

During the wedding he was extremely professional, took all the shots I wanted, and he even stayed a little pass his time to get pictures of the cake cutting at no additional charge. I would highly recommend Donnie to anyone getting married. He is an excellent photographer and his prices can't be beat.

A. · Married on 06/22/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donnie and his lovely bride, Dawn, who served as his assistant. Donnie is responsive and professional and he took excellent care with our photos both in the moments he captured and the effects he applied to our gallery. Our family loves that they can view the gallery online and order directly through his website and we love that the proofs are ours to own as part of the pricing structure. We have scheduled a family session with Donnie this fall and are very excited at the thought of capturing more special moments with our children. I would not hesitate to work with Donnie again and highly recommend him to brides-to-be.