35 Reviews for Grapevine Salon & Spa

Updos/Styling (2)
Fake Lashes (2)
Blowouts (1)
35 Grapevine Salon & Spa Reviews

Michelle & Colleen at Grapevine did my hair & makeup for my engagement photos & for my wedding. They were friendly, flexible and pay close attention to the details. They were wonderful to work with, and my hair/makeup was exactly how I wanted it to look for my wedding day. My bridesmaid loved hers as well. Thank you for helping make our day fabulous!

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/16/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Fake Lashes

I simply cannot say enough good things about the ladies at Grapevine. Colleen did my makeup and I loved the look - I even called her once we had returned home from St John to find out some of the specific products she used. Michelle (or "Miracle Worker", as I began to call her) did an amazing job on my hair. I decided on a different style at the last minute (updo instead of beachy waves, because of the wind) and she took everything completely in stride and created a braided updo that looked chic and elegant.

I officiated the wedding, and was honestly a nervous wreck when I arrived at the salon. Michelle, Colleen, and even Colleen's husband were all so kind, I was able to relax and enjoy all the glam. My only complaint is that I can't afford to fly to St John every time I need professional hair and makeup!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup

They came to my villa, which was way out of the way, did my hair perfectly, and had such a great personality!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These girls did my hair and makeup for my wedding at the end of September and did an amazing job!! I can't say enough great things about them! it was perfect and they even helped me get dressed there!!!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
3.2

I sent several photos ahead of time, but when I arrived, they didn't have them on hand and had obviously not prepared for my visit. I'm far from high maintenance, but was not impressed. My hair and make-up were just ok, not exactly what I wanted. I beleive she honestly tried and likes what she does, but they were fairly flakey and my look was just kind of ehh. Was hoping for wow, but not the case. I wish I had done my own make-up. Hair was nothing like the photos I sent. I was so worn out by all the wedding stuff that I just let it go because I had no time left to re-do or argue with her. Certainly not the level of professionalism I'm used to at my home salon.

Profile Picture User5088845, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle was a dream to work with - she was professional, efficient, easy to talk to, very responsive to my questions and comments, and just a very lovely person to spend a few hours with! The comments about my hair and make-up are so overwhelmingly positive! Everyone wants to know 'who did your hair and make-up?'. There just aren't enough positive words in the world to describe how happy we both are with the event planner (Stacy at Ceremonies of St. John), photographer (Anne at St. John Creative Photography), and (of course) Michelle at Grapevine. I would recommend this amazing trio to any couple contemplating a wedding on the beautiful island of St. John.

Profile Picture Denise, 4/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough amazing things about Grapveine! I got married on 2/14/15 and they opened the salon early for me and made me feel like a princess!

I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup which stayed gorgeous all day long! Even the photo they took of me before leaving for the wedding was one of my favorite photos and it wasn't even professional photo! The amazing staff was professional and friendly and a pleasure to meet. They even helped my husband by delivering a gift he had bought a surprise on the special day!
The makeup was done fantastic even though I didn't have a clear vision of what I wanted when I walked in. I don't wear a lot normally and I felt like a beautiful version of myself, not too flashy, but elegant and timeless.
My hair was also done just the way I had in my head and was transformed without even an inspiration photo.

Profile Picture Faith, 2/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Got my hair and make up done and both came out very good. I was satisfied but it was a little expensive.

Profile Picture User4570936, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Grapevine Salon for my wedding on October 4, 2014 and they were amazing!!!!!

I had contacted Grapevine a few months prior to traveling to the USVI and they were very friendly and correspondent. I easily reserved an appointment for my sister and I and was assured the styles we wanted could be easily done. They helped schedule my appointment around my day and actually took less time than had budgeted! (A first for wedding days!)

Michelle was more that prepared for us at our appointment and catered solely to us, which was so nice. She not only duplicated, but enhanced the hair styles we showed her. I had so, so, so many compliments on my hair and after hours of dancing, beach winds, and the island humidity, our hair was still as good as ever.

Grapevine is so great and I would definitely recommend them for any bride!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I love Grapevine Salon so much! I was lucky enough to have a trial with the ladies of Grapevine a couple months before my wedding and they were so laid back, lovely, and talented that I felt more than comfortable knowing they would do a beautiful job for my bridesmaids and me on the big day. Michelle, Colleen and Davida came to the villa we were staying in the week of our wedding. It felt like they were friends just hanging with us! I also decided to do something completely different from my trail and Michelle just rolled with it and had no issues at all. I was in love with my hair and makeup and felt the prettiest I have ever felt in my life! My bridesmaids and mom looked amazing as well! If I lived in St. John, I would recommend that all my friends run to Grapevine.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michele at the salon was very helpful in setting up my appointment and responding to my emails and phone calls. Davida did my hair and did a wonderful job. She helped me with my wedding dress and veil and made sure I looked perfect! And my hair looked perfect all thru the ceremony and into the evening and dinner.

Thank you Grapevine for a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Cindy, 5/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

One of the bride's hardest decisions when booking a destination wedding is who she can trust with her hair and makeup... especially when getting married on the beach and hoping her hair doesn't fall or make up melt off.

I absolutely loved the work of Grapevine Salon on my hair and makeup, and can confidently recommend this place to anyone traveling to the islands. They have a full portfolio online, and very flexible to accommodate any of your needs. They listen to what you want, and make sure you are fully happy while providing their services.

I felt like a million dollars on my special day... and I want to thank Grapevine Salon for making it possible!

Profile Picture Katy, 5/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Michelle and Colleen from Grapevine salon were both wonderful. Michelle did hair and Colleen did my makeup. My hair looked exactly as I wanted and my makeup was done to look natural and lasted all day. I would highly recommend working with them again. My only advice is to add extra time to your appointment. We had 5 up-do’s and 2 makeup appointments and it’s nice to not have to rush straight from hair into your dress. Give yourself a little extra time :-).

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/19/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wonderful way to get ready for my wedding. The ladies made me feel special & relaxed. My hair was just as I had pictured & my make-up was perfect. I highly recommend Grapevine salon.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The team from Grapevine Salon came to our private villa on my wedding day -- doing hair and makeup for five ladies. They were punctual, friendly and did an excellent job!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

I'm not one to get my hair and makeup done on a regular basis so I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted my hair done for my beach wedding. I told Michelle to do 'whatever' and she did an amazing job! She was fun and made the whole experience relaxing and stress free. Colleen was phenomenal and not to brag or anything, but she made me look good. Haha. Thanks to the Grapevine Salon I was the beautiful bride I hoped I'd be!

Profile Picture Katherine, 3/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I hardly ever wear make-up or style my hair, so I knew I needed serious help for my wedding! After reading several reviews, I decided to use Grapevine. I am so glad I did! Michelle gave me the most amazing hairstyle(I wasn't sure what I wanted, but everything I asked for she added). And I also had my make-up done there which came out awesome! I even had False eyelashes(which I never had on in my life!) and my make-up still came out very natural looking. These guys are the best!!!

Profile Picture Deborah, 11/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was very pleased with the team of makeup and hair dressers who came from their salon on St. John to St. Thomas. They were very accommodating, professional, fun and flexible! Everyone really liked their hair and makeup and I think they did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle and her team were so great and professional. And very accomodating with my requests and add-ons and changes in requested services. They ended up coming to the hotel to do our hair, makeup, and nails. All the girls were so friendly and made us look as beautiful as could be. I was nervous about this considering hair and makeup are such an important part of your wedding day and I had never met any of them before the wedding day. So there were no practice runs before hand. I brought some pictures of the look I was going for and everything ended up looking great! So happy my wedding planner (Island Style Weddings) recommended Grapevine for our hair and makeup. Highly recommended! :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle from The Grapevine Salon was excellent!!! She came to our villa and did hair and makeup for my wedding. On the morning of the wedding the other girl who was supposed to come with Michelle was sick so Michelle came early so she could do the hair and make up for everyone. I was really nervous on the wedding day and Michelle was so calming. She did and amazing job with my hair and make up. I was so impressed by her. Not only was she great at the hair and make up she has am amazing attitude and a calming effect on nervous brides. I would recommend her to everyone.

Profile Picture Jen, 3/17/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle came to my room and did my hair the morning of the wedding. I was very nervous and had never had an updo, but Michelle reassured me that it would be perfect and had brought the fresh flowers my wedding planner had sent to the salon the day before. She was fun and my hair was amazing when she finished. My hair was so pretty due to Michelle ....it just completed my look. I will use Michelle when we go back in two years to do my hair for my anniversary.

Profile Picture Marcy, 2/11/12, 2 Reviews
3.0

Because we were married on a Monday, the salon was closed. We opted to have the hairdresser come to the villa for 2 scheduled appointments. The bride (long hair, down and curled style) and the mother of the bride (short hair, up do) were accommodated, but it was quite pricy. The hairdresser came and set up shop, but was a bit laxidasical in getting the job done, taking breaks and checking out the view on the veranda. All in all, I would have been better off doing my own hair, because it fell out nearly right after the ceremony. I ended up in a ponytail at my wedding, and I normally have beautiful, full, easy to work with hair. Not the best experience for me, but my mother’s hair held up and she was pleased with the outcome..

Profile Picture Tatum, 12/12/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Colleen and Michelle were fabulous to work with on my wedding day. They both came to me the morning of the wedding to do my hair and make-up (which is an extra expense but totally worth it!). Colleen and Michelle were easy to work- I am often terrible explaining my visions- they were patient and created a natural and beautiful look for the day. My conversations with each of them helped create a relaxed morning. Michelle and Colleen were professional and friendly. I am very pleased with their services and highly recommend!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/6/11, 3 Reviews

Colleen and Michelle,

Thank you...with only a photo to work from, and not having worked with my hair before, you were able to give me the look that I was looking for. The makeup lasted through a very warm day of photographs and still looked fresh for the wedding! I would recommend these 2 very highly!

Cheryl (and John)

P.S. She looked AWESOME!! John

Profile Picture John, 5/26/11, 3 Reviews
4.7

Michelle Thank you for doing a beautiful job on my hair for my wedding day. it looks beautiful in all my pictures!
Heidi & Brian Howryletz