Grant & Deb Photographers Reviews

62 | Newport News, VA

62 Reviews for Grant & Deb Photographers

ruchi · Married on 05/15/2010

Deb and Grant were a great team to work with. They were intuitive and flexible. They made us feel very comfortable and were great at getting the shots we were looking for.

Sent on 05/25/2010

Keesha · Married on 03/22/2010

When you are in the profession of photography the hardest decision is finding fellow shooters to send your clients to when you don't offer the service they need. When you see the work that Grant and Deb do, your impressed. Then you meet them and you realize their work is great, but the two of them are down right amazing.

When you make the choice of who to hire for those special moments you want someone who is going to deliver great images, but you also need a team that will make GETTING those images a blast. You get that from Grant and Deb.

They are a great team and very talented artists!

Sent on 03/22/2010

Matt · Married on 03/13/2010

After contracting GrantDeb to photograph our wedding, being blown away by their photos and creativity from our "big day" I finally realize that choosing a wedding photographer is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning your wedding. And I am breathing a sigh of relief that we went with GrantDeb. They seriously impressed us from day one.

The quality of their work is very impressive. They were incredibly easy to work with, and the greatest compliment I can give them is that I feel confident absolutely nothing was missed in the photos of our big day. In fact, many many things were captured that went way above and beyond our "picky" expectations.

They captured our wedding in _such_ a creative way. They didn't simply document each event during the day; they saw what was going on, and they told a story with each shot. We continue to receive many compliments on our wedding photography and are extremely pleased!

Sent on 03/25/2010

Shannan · Married on 02/20/2010

Grant and Deb are AMAZING!!! We searched for our wedding photographer on the internet, and were immediately impressed with the pictures taken by Grant and Deb. We set up a meeting with them to talk over what we were looking for and all of the different options and loved how comfortable they made us feel - we felt like we were old friends, they are so outgoing and fun! We were new to the area so didn't have an exact location for our engagement session in mind, but they suggested a unique idea for us in Richmond - we had so much fun, got all of our nerves about being photographed out of the way before the big day, and got to know their working style. Grant and Deb are both so creative, it is so fun to watch them working together - and they definately aren't afraid to really get involved during the photos shoots - Grant even laid down on the ground to get an awesome shot of us strolling down the street together! They were incredibly accomodating and organized - we met a few more times before the wedding, had lots of email communication, and they also have a great online feature where you can list out specific family photos or group photos that you want to make sure to get at the wedding - on the big day, they worked so hard to get all of those groups of people together without me having to worry about it! Grant and Deb ended up staying pretty much all day on our wedding, and it was really nice to be able to have Deb with the girls and Grant with the guys while everyone was getting ready. They had some really unique and creative ideas for photos that turned out AMAZINGLY! We were blown away with our wedding photos, and were so thankful that they were able to capture all of the special moments throughout the day. They were both a joy to work with, and made us feel that they were truly invested in being with us to share our wedding day and make it the best day ever!!! They are GREAT!!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Megan · Married on 01/16/2010

Grant & Deb were incredibly easy and fun to work with. We stalked their blog for several months before booking with them and watched their work. Our images are amazing and they make me cry when I look at them in the most beautiful and creative wedding album I've ever seen. This album will be on the top and center of our coffee table displayed with pride for a very long time to come for everyone to see.

Thanks Grant & Deb

Sent on 03/03/2010

Carla · Married on 11/07/2009

Grant and Deb made our day better - it's that simple. Not only did they capture the most special moments in our album, but they also helped keep everything together - seriously. They were fun and organized, and for the most part, we had no idea when they were "shooting" their magic. Truly amazing.

From the first time we met them, we knew they were going to do an awesome job - and we were right.

Sent on 03/04/2010

Kevin · Married on 10/10/2009

Grant and Deb are quite possibly the two best photographers in the universe. As far as we are concerned, their keen eyes for composition and catching "the moment" are unparalleled. We're blessed to be able to count them not only as people who worked for/with us as photographers, but also as people who are our friends. We've recommended them to many people since our experience with them, and would recommend them to anyone who asked. They're the best.

Sent on 03/03/2010

Megan · Married on 08/01/2009

There are hardly words to say how glad we are that Grantdeb Photographers were our choice in March of 2009. We were immediately comfortable with their fun-loving personalities and willingness to do whatever it took to make sure our day was captured perfectly.

We met them for dinner and not only enjoyed them as people, but really appreaciated the way they took the time to get to know us. They wanted to know our story, our personalities, our quirks and our dynamic as a couple. This made it easy for them to take pictures that reflected who we are and what we felt for each other.

Next, we picked some places to shoot and engagement session. I would really recommend this to anyone who is looking for a photographer. Doing and engagement shoot with the same photographer who will shoot your wedding is awesome because, once again, they learn who you are! Grant and Deb gave us a feeling of ease, when we went to take engagement photos, we felt like we were with friends and that made us comfortable with being ourselves in front of the cameras.

I also loved that Grant and Deb offer two photographers. They are a team and are amazing at what they do! We had fun, made memories, and have some AMAZING pictures to show for it. I look at my pictures from those days and feel like i'm back there, in one of the most amazing moments of my life! I'm so glad!

We included a coffee table album and DVD slideshow in our package and have been INCREDIBLY impressed with the quality of the work they did! Everything is TOP NOTCH!

I would recommend them to ANYONE, and am hoping to use them again in a couple of months when our son comes into the world! We now live approximately 16 hours away from them, but would prefer to use them over any other photographer for our special moments in the future!

Sent on 05/24/2010
  • spiveyar

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2009

We can't say enough good things about Grant and Deb. We were extremely impressed by their professionalism and their overall photography. Most of all however we felt that Grant and Deb weren't our photographers who we had only met with a couple of times before our wedding, but our friends who we had known for years. They make you feel so comfortable and so important as well as making you feel like they're never even taking your picture. We want to stay in touch with them as friends because we think they're just wonderful and friendly people. But they're also amazing photographers. We could not be happier with our photos.

Sent on 04/04/2010

Christine · Married on 05/07/2016

Grant and Deb were fantastic - they are a great team and it really does make a difference to have two people for the price of one. They provide digital prints and are very fast with processing - we were still on our honeymoon when they sent us the photographs! The only downside is that they are so busy it can be hard to coordinate dates - we snagged their last available day in May for our wedding. However, they had to cancel our engagement photo for a big photoshoot they had, and we were unable to reschedule due to both of our busy schedules. However, they did give us a refund for the engagement photos, and we would definitely use them again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Debbie · Married on 03/26/2011

There are no words that can express how great these two are.. My daughter choose them for her wedding. Her living out of town was going to make this more complicated to do all our details for the wedding. Deb and Grant did her engagement, bridals and wedding.. There were a complete joy to work with and went over and above anytime we could arrange to meet with them or set up appointments. Their photos are like none I've ever seen.. I expected to pay for pictures and gain memories of the event. Instead we got amazing photos and gained two friends. Anyone who wants professional photos and wonderful people this is the pair for you.. Thanks Deb and Grant for a memories that we will treasure forever
    Debbie & Bob Conway

Sent on 03/31/2011
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2012

Grant and Deb were wonderful. I am still waiting to get my pictures so maybe I should be holding off to review until then but so far, they have been great and I am doubtful that what I finally receive won't be 100% awesome. They were so much fun on our day, were timely, and captured all of the things we were looking for. Their spunkiness was appreciated, making things light and fun. Up until right before the wedding my husband and I lived around the world so meeting in person proved tricky but we managed to skype with G&D and email enough that they were able to understand the vibe/look of our wedding and the things my husband and I wanted to remember years from now. If I did it all again, I'd still use them!

Sent on 10/15/2012