Grant & Deb Photographers Reviews

60 | Newport News, VA

60 Reviews for Grant & Deb Photographers

Maria · Married on 10/13/2018

Best photographers ever!

Hands down the BEST photographers to have for your special occasion! They have such a creative eye and having BOTH Grant and Deb on the scene allows them to be sure to capture each and every special moment.
    Their fun yet professional personalities allows you to just sit back and enjoy the day! Our daughters wedding photos look like something right out of a magazine!!!!

Kasey · Married on 08/18/2018

High fives! High fives!

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH AMAZING THINGS ABOUT GRANT & DEB! They were with us from our engagement, engagement pictures, and to our best day ever. We absolutely adore Grant & Deb. They’ll keep you laughing & smiling through your entire day. Grant & Deb have electric personalities that just radiate warmness - you honestly can’t help but to feel like you’ve known them forever! Not to mention the PHOTOGRAPHS are absolutely positively stunning. Our day was not an easy day for a vendor or a bride! It was about 5 million degrees, 100% humidity, and then hurrican winds and storms hit. Grant & Deb kept me smiling & calm. They weren’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and help make sure our big day happened and happened perfectly. I cant thank them enough or sing them enough praise! Grant & Deb Photography is one of a kind and world class.

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

Grant and Deb are the best! We used them as our photographers for our engagement session and for our wedding! The photos they take are absolutely stunning! My husband and I fell in love with not only their work but with their personalities as well. We definitely are camera shy but the way Deb and Grant can bring you our of your shell is amazing. They are so friendly and their personalities make you feel at ease with them through the entire process. We received our photos in a very timely manner and were so impressed with how both the engagement photos and wedding photos turned out! The photos were so beautiful! Our hardest decision has been trying to pick out our favorites! I would definitely recommend them as their work is stunning and you will not be disappointed to have the talented couple shoot your dream wedding!

• User7732030 · 1+ year ago

From the day we first met with them, Grant & Deb left no doubt in our minds that we had chosen the best wedding photographers Hampton Roads has to offer. They welcomed us into their breathtaking (but still cozy) home studio with tea, introduced us to their dog, and made planning our wedding photography timeline feel like we were catching up with old friends. Their expertise in the wedding industry was evident, and they were able to connect us with several other vendors in the area who turned out to be wonderful. They were easy to keep in touch with by email or text, and their website was user-friendly and easy to navigate. During our photoshoots, they put us at ease immediately and kept us laughing through the longer sessions. Some of my favorite photos were candid shots that I didn't remember them shooting! Grant and Deb can truly capture the magic of a single moment in time, and their excitement over the shots they were getting was infectious. Throughout our experience, they were upfront about pricing (we ended up with many, many more high-quality photos than are guaranteed by their contract); we booked about 8 hours of wedding day coverage plus an engagement session with them and it was worth every penny!

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2016

Grant and Deb were our first choice for photographers for our wedding, but we were unsure about booking them because they were a little over our budget--but we decided to move our budget around so we could have Grant and Deb and it was SO WORTH IT. Grant and Deb are not only fantastic photographers, but fantastic people. They work great as a team and are a joy to be around. During our engagement shoot, Grant literally gave me the shirt off his back to get the right shot! And they do that for everyone--they bring out the best photos in everyone, are always working to get you a better shot, listen to what you want, and bring your vision to life even more beautiful than you imagined it. The turnaround on our photos was very short, and Grant and Deb communicated very well with us the whole time. If you are on the fence about Grant and Deb--do it! Their presence and photography chops absolutely made our big day.

Brenna · Married on 09/03/2016

I have never seen such beautiful photographs. My daughter hired Grant and Deb as her engagement/wedding photographers. We had a blast with the engagement pictures and even more fun with the wedding pictures. I cannot say enough great things about these two. They are professional and absolutely wonderful at what they do! I will not hire anyone else for photographs ever again!

Kimberly · Married on 08/27/2016

If you are looking for wedding photographers that will offer you the complete package, then your search is over! My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Grant and Deb Perry! They are such a dynamic couple whom paid close attention to detail and captured our wedding day perfectly. From our initial visit to their studio (Which by the way is in their beautiful historic home where they made us feel like we had been friends for ages!), to our meet & greet mini-engagement session, to our wedding weekend...we knew we had made the right decision choosing Grant & Deb to capture our wedding! Upon receiving our pictures, we were left speechless and couldn't wait to share them with our family and friends! You will not go wrong in selecting these amazing photographers to share in your wedding celebration!

Sydney · Married on 06/18/2016

THEY ARE THE BEST!! I meet Deb and Grant at the Vow show in Virginia Beach and instantly clicked with them. They were fun, energetic and in a few short minutes knew exactly what I was looking for.

Having just gone through the wedding planning/budget process here is my advice. SPEND MONEY ON A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER. You want great photos, you don't know how important your photos are until they are your own. We just got our wedding photos back and my husband and I were completely blown away. They are absolutely beautiful. I still look at them everyday.

Grant and Deb are such amazing people professionally and from behind the camera. Our amazing wedding planner Kelly Cornel (Inspired Events by Kelly), Deb and Grant were definitely the people who made our wedding the best day of our lives. They were worth every penny and I am so fortunate to have made lasting friendships with them.

Please take a moment to check out their amazing photography, you don't just get one amazing photographer you get TWO. They did our Engagement photos, my Bridals, photographed our Rehearsal dinner and our Wedding. It was so easy to access our pictures. Everything is online and organized by event. We had our wedding photos back and organized in TWO weeks!!!!! I know couples who had to wait months with other photographers.

Thank you so much Deb and Grant for capturing the most important day of our life so beautifully. You are not only our photographers for life but also our friends!

Brooke · Married on 05/29/2016

We feel very fortunate to have been referred to Grant and Deb because they did such a fabulous job photographing our wedding. They were so professional, kind, and funny! A pleasure to work with and very, very talented!

Danielle · Married on 09/26/2015

Un-freaking believable

Grant and Deb were my absolute favorite vendors - ever. They are more than a delight to work with and they really went above and beyond for me and my husband Adrian.

Initial Meeting: They have a lovely little studio with TONS to look at so you can get a good sense of their style. They are so unbelievably warm and enthusiastic you feel like you're the only couple they have ever worked with and that you are their number one priority. EVERYONE who met them adore them. Also, their website, payment, invoicing and file download system is the absolute easiest thing ever. I WISH everyone was set up like that.

Bridal Shoot: DAAAAAYYYM, out of this world. The bridal shoot was one my best investments. It actually made me wish I had done my engagement photos with them as well. So focused - and they work together in such a loving way. It's so fun to be part of their process - you will feel so important which is really moving.

Wedding: My heart was so broken when I saw the torrential downpour begin, but they came in with sunny attitudes and did everything to make sure we still had beautiful shots. I'm a designer by trade and also do letterpress in the wedding industry - these two are above and beyond. I work with photographers all the time where I teach design and these two have great instincts and unparalleled technical skill. Exceptional sense of lighting, foreground/background, and composition - you will have an amazing range of photos to choose from. I had my photos in about a week which is LIGHTNING fast.

Conclusion: If you are going to invest your money there are two places to do it - your venue and your photographers. The photos are how you will remember the day- do not balk at paying talented professionals what they deserve. I say this not as a person who works in the industry myself (which I do), but as someone who really feels the money I spent on photos was worthwhile, meaningful, and something to be treasured for a lifetime.

Maggie · Married on 07/25/2015

They Gave My Fairy Wedding its Magic
    I got a hold of Grant & Deb through my parents, being old friends. Never did I believe that I could find photographers for my wedding that made Pinterest look like cell phone pictures! My fairy-themed wedding came alive in the pictures that they took, always capturing the perfect light, perfect angle, and the perfect moment. When taking pictures as well, especially for my husband who is quite camera shy, they were warm, friendly, and casual, allowing him to feel comfortable to be himself! Never could I be more grateful for their impeccable service and I will write a thousand reviews for them if I can! This couple are THE photographers for the area. Book them NOW!

Nathan · Married on 07/25/2015

The very first time I met Grant & Deb I was thoroughly impressed with their hospitality, professionalism, and fun personalities. They were very receptive to our whimsical wedding ideas, and even embraced them. During our engagement photo session, Grant spent several cold, grueling hours just to capture the perfect shot to be featured on our fairytale themed invitations. The engagement session was so much fun that I could have frozen to death without even realizing it. All kidding aside, the day of our weeding, Grant and Deb knew just what to do. It’s almost like they had a sixth sense, and the ability to intuitively know how to capture the perfect moment, even when our focus was in a million different places.

Maggie and I even trusted Grant & Deb to challenge our formalities, and decided to have a first look before the ceremony took place. We were hesitant about taking this nontraditional route at first, but we knew that this raw, intimate moment with one another, could only be done with Grant & Deb behind the lens. Im glad we decided to do first looks, because out of all of the photos taken that day, and the collection of astonishing shots given to us after the wedding, those are by far my favorite.

From the first meeting to our wedding day, we felt comfortable with Grant & Deb. They practically blended in with the rest of our family while directing shots behind the scenes. I can't imagine having anyone else share that special day with us. It is evident that they love what they do; and, its contagious to everyone around them. They are the ultimate duo! If you’re going to make memories, do it with Grant & Deb!

Gwynn · Married on 06/20/2015

There are no words to describe grant and deb. Not only as people but as artists. Pictures were the biggest and most important aspect of the wedding. I spent HOURS researching! I finally stumbled upon grant and deb. I started looking at their work and noticed something different. They captured the moment. It wasn't just a normal "yea lets all smile cause we are dressed up" kind of picture. You could see emotion in every picture that they took. And let's be honest these people are going to be with you all stinkin day. You have to like them. I really don't know anybody on the planet who would not be able to get along with grant and deb. They are so much fun!!!!! And brides and grooms I know you may not want to spend the time taking pictures after the ceremony......just do it. I promise it is so wicked fast and so worth it in the end. My groom HATES getting his picture taken but two weeks later what does he say to me...."Gwynn you were right". Our pictures look like something out of a magazine. There is so much emotion and class to every picture. Ah I'm tearing up just thinking of the pictures. The shots of me and my father I will cherish forever. Grant and deb gave that to me and I will never be able to thank them enough.

Kirsten · Married on 06/07/2015

Even before my husband and I got engaged, I knew I wanted Grant & Deb to photograph our wedding! We had known Grant & Deb since high school because we went to the same school as their children, so I had been following their photography since they started out. We are so happy that we went with Grant & Deb! They did an amazing job capturing our engagement photos last summer (on an extremely hot day in July), and an even more amazing job capturing our wedding (luckily, on a day with perfect weather this time!). I feel like I relive our wedding day every time I go through the pictures...which I have no shame in saying I've done almost every day since we got the pictures back! Grant & Deb were able to capture every emotion of the day, and our family and friends have had nothing but wonderful things to say about our wedding photography! The only problem, which is the best problem in the world to have, is picking favorites out of all of the pictures they sent us! My husband's first comment after beginning to look at the pictures for the first time was, "How many walls do we have in our house?" because it's so easy to want to hang them all! Thanks, Grant & Deb, for capturing our day so well!

Jackie · Married on 05/02/2015

Grant and Deb were nothing short of exceptional. From the moment they invited us into their home where we were greeted with cupcakes and vino we knew it was a match made in wedding planning heaven. They both had such a wonderful energy and we immediately felt comfortable (which is hard for the two of us!). We wanted to do our engagement shoot in Richmond and Grant, Deb and Katie were so accommodating. They shlepted all over the city with us finding the "perfect" shots. During the wedding they managed to capture every little detail of the day which couldn't have been a easy task yet they made it seem that way. All in all, I hope there's reasons for us to work together again because they're such wonderful people!

Nikki · Married on 10/11/2014

I met with Grant and Deb because of a friend's recommendation. I researched other photographers before our meeting, but I knew right away they were going to be the best photographers to work with. I'm so happy I was right!!!

When I was evaluating vendors for our wedding, I was not only looking at their quality of work but also their professionalism and personality. If you are going to spend a large portion of the most important day with someone, then you want to make sure you get along with them. Grant and Deb are terrific and you will not find a better photographer for your wedding. Also, they are quick to get your engagement and wedding pictures back to you after the wedding, which I know everyone highly values.

samantha · Married on 10/10/2014

Words can even describe how AMAZING it is to work with such FANTASTIC photographers. My husband and I knew we wanted to find that perfect vendor who understood us as a couple and also our vision and gave us photos we could look at for the rest of our lives and share with our kids.

We found Grant & Deb at a local wedding expo show and searched for them on Google so we see their portfolio. We reached out to them, filled out a little questionnaire and set up an appointment to see if we were a match. We felt like part of the family immediately and that they understood what we were looking for on our special day!

Our wedding day came and went super fast and while on our honeymoon in Hawaii we received our photographs via email. I was shocked, thought for sure we would not see them until we returned. OMG is all I have to say, they were beautiful and we were speechless.

I know there are other photographer vendors out there to pick from but this is your day, you want to be comfortable and have a relationship with them, after all they are capturing those special moments that you never want to forget. Grant & Deb are more than just photographers, they have become friends and most of all we consider them family.

Grant and Deb are THE best wedding photographers! Their photography is top quality and their personalities play a big part in that, as they are always upbeat and friendly, which helped make my husband and me feel comfortable, happy and excited during both our engagement photo shoot and on our big day (though, during the ceremony and reception, we barely noticed them there, which attests to their experience and professionalism). I am extremely pleased with our decision to book Grant and Deb. If you want AMAZING wedding photos and want to work with organized, personable and talented photographers, then I HIGHLY recommend Grant and Deb!

• W

Wesley · Married on 10/03/2014

When we first started out "shopping" for a wedding photographer, my wife and I set out to find the best photographers to capture our special day. We were lucky enough to stumble upon the best with Grant & Deb. From our first introductory meeting, they made us feel at home and as if we had know them forever! Their talents not only include abilities to take stunning pictures, they also have the talent to make you feel completely comfortable around them, allowing for natural moments to be captured on camera! You will not find a better photographer to be with you on your day!

Tammy · Married on 09/27/2014

Simply the best!
    This husband and wife team provides a fantastic experience from start to finish! They're fun and full of energy and creative ideas so that the moments they capture through their lenses aren't like everyone else's wedding pictures - they're yours and they're memorable.
    They shot our daughter's engagement pictures with her fiance in historic Williamsburg, VA and they captured the spirit of Lauren and Ben from the first shot. Fast-forward to the wedding day on 9/27 in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and they arrived at each of the houses where the bride and groom were staying to snap those small details like hair and make-up, laughter from friends and family, dressing, jewelry, hugs, etc. They are calm and cool and just make a big event like a daughter's wedding, easy to manuever as they capture your heart on film (you barely even know they're taking pictures...seriously, they're THAT good).
    One of the special captures for our beautiful daughter and new son was the sunset on the Sound side after the beach ceremony. The family pictures and newlywed pictures were captured by the ocean and in quick fashion - - this was wonderful because it allowed my husband and I to join the guests while the bride and groom continued with pictures. Grant and Deb quickly shuttled the happy couple over to the golf course associated with our venue for some absolutely gorgeous sunset and silhouette shots. These will be treasured forever as great memories of the beautiful day we enjoyed by the ocean and even moreso as we celebrated the new marriage once the sun went down.
    These two are winners - don't miss out on having them capture your son or daughter's special day (or yours, if you're the bride). My daughter did all the planning with them and they made that process incredibly easy to ensure when the big day was here, they knew what to do and made the memories happen.

Erika · Married on 09/20/2014

We couldn't have been more happy with choosing Grant & Deb as our photographers for our wedding day! They made such a great effort to get to know me and my groom, which helped us feel so comfortable and relaxed during both the engagement pictures and the wedding pictures. It was like hanging out with friends! That speaks to the wonderful experience they provided. In addition to that, the quality of the pictures lived up to expectations as well! We fell in love with all of them. They perfectly captured the spirit of the day, from the formal family photographs to the candid shots from the dance floor. Also, this should not go unmentioned, we had our pictures a week after the wedding! That made is so much more fun to go through with the wedding and all the details still fresh in our mind! We will be recommending them to friends for sure!

Cathleen · Married on 09/13/2014

Grant, Deb and Katie absolutely exceeded our expectations not only on our wedding day, but in the year leading up to our wedding as well. We knew as soon as we met them that they were the perfect fit and booked them almost immediately. Personable, organized, fun and talented -- they were the complete package. They took our engagement pictures underneath the cherry blossoms in DC, which turned out to be so beautiful we used them on our invites. They helped my awkward now-husband feel more comfortable in front of the camera, which resulted in natural, gorgeous photos. The day of our wedding, they showed up and were so incredibly organized, and were even able to keep our hectic, crazy, all-over-the-place families in line. It rained HARD on our wedding day and instead of letting me get stressed out about it, they just kept showing me how beautiful the clouds were going to look and took complete control over making sure we got all the pictures I had wanted despite the weather.

In conclusion, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. I cried like a baby when we received the pictures and cannot believe the talent and eye these guys have for moments. So many pictures we were like "I can't believe they caught that - we didn't even see them there!", which is exactly what we wanted. We will treasure these photos and our experience with Grant & Deb Photographers for the rest of our lives. Thank you guys!

Erin · Married on 09/06/2014

ABSOLUTELY, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST!!! When my fiance and I were discussing plans for our wedding the most important vendor was the photographer. We found the best!

From the time I met them at the Vow Bridal Show I knew we found a special duo. We met with them prior to the wedding to get to know each other better. It was so nice to hang out and talk with them outside of the wedding setting that can sometimes be stressful. They got to know the 2 of us as a couple and as individuals. Sitting with them that night I felt as if we had known them for much longer than we had.
    Having already met, seeing them the day of the wedding was actually like seeing a friend- relaxing and comfortable! Even when I had a nice little melt down they acted like it was no big deal!! ;) Seriously, they were able to make a few comments and had me smiling and forgetting my problem in seconds.
    I can't stress enough how awesome it was to have the relationship prior to the wedding day. They made everything so comfortable - it was like having family friends taking pictures. Things like laughing, smiling, acting natural came easy being with Grant and Deb.
    We received our collection initially in our email while on our honeymoon!! We were so excited we pulled ourselves away from the sunshine and water to check them out. THEY ARE AMAZING. It's truly hard to put into words how amazing the pictures are. I have gone through our album so many times and find something new in a photo that I didn't see before, find a new favorite photo, or simply cry at how awesome they are. I was amazed at the candid photos they captured! Looking at some of the photos I was like, "I didn't even know they were shooting us then!" We are absolutely, beyond the moon happy with our photos as well as the new friends in Grant and Deb!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Grant & Deb Photographers's reply:

Erin & Carl; our eyes have tears. We cannot tell you how much it means to us that you allowed us to be a small part of your day. We also cannot tell you how much it means that you're happy with the results. Raising my glass: to a fabulous life together and always reaming fab friends. Here - here.

Kara · Married on 08/02/2014

From the first time meeting Grant & Deb we felt so comfortable with them. They are awesome people, and awesome to work with. Getting in touch with them is easy and they are quick to respond. The end product is incredible, and delivered quickly. They captured so many moments, and I don't even remember seeing them around. They are flexible and really caring for what you want.

Kendra · Married on 07/26/2014

We truly lucked out with this fantastic couple! Our wedding was planned in short notice and we were so happy that Grant & Deb were available on our wedding day!! They were able to work wonderfully with everyone (we both have big families) and we couldn't be happier with the photos we received. Not only were they professional, but they worked efficiently. We were able to get in some unforgettable photos while still being able to enjoy the party! We will be proud to show our future children what a special day our wedding day was with the moments captured by Grant & Deb.