Granite Links Golf Club Reviews

Granite Links Golf Club 2
Granite Links Golf Club 3
Granite Links Golf Club 4
Granite Links Golf Club 5

Absolutely stunning venue for my wedding. Everything went perfect on our big day. We really enjoyed working with Linda for the short time we did at the end. Had some trouble with scheduling tasting, there was not much availability for people that work during the week. Overall, my wedding day couldn't have gone better!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Granite Links had great food, great views, and were a great place to host my wedding. There were a few hiccups here and there throughout the actual wedding day, but it didn't prevent my wife and I from having the best night of our lives. People from both of our families are still talking about it two months later and how much fun they had.

Sent on 12/08/2015

4.2
      2.5

From the point of inquiry to the wedding, Granite Links was excellent. We dealt with Heather; her recommendations were perfect. and she guided us every step of the way through the process, answering all our questions in a timely manner. The wedding itself was wonderful. The event went very smoothly; the meal was delicious and the wait staff, especially Susan, was extremely attentive. The DJ (Pat) did an excellent job getting everyone up dancing. and the place was tastefully decorated, largely due to our excellent florist, Jen at the Tangled Web. At the end of the evening, GL helped pack us up. We honestly could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 01/03/2015

4.2
      3.5

The venue is beautiful! Everyone kept coming up to us and complimenting our find. The staff was wonderful and super attentive. The event coordinator did a great job. Just a great place to have your wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Dan · Married on 07/19/2014

3.5

Everything went well the day of, and had only great feedback from our guests.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Pauline Lugira · Married on 10/07/2018

3.2

Beautiful Venue, Disappointing Staff

Granite Links is an amazing venue. The food is wonderful, the facility is beautiful and the views are the breath-taking. Unfortunately, the service from all staff members cannot be described with the same level of excellence. I was extremely pleased with my experience with Granite Link's Director of Sales and Catering, Michelle Reid. She supported us to ensure that the planning process was smooth. She was super responsive and professional. She helped us to ensure that our event planning was stress free. She accommodated our needs every step of the way. Everything was wonderful up until the day of my wedding. Our attendant Kim made racist comments about African American people. I was horrified. These comments were shared with me directly. I found Kim's comments to be offensive and disgusting. I could not believe that as I was preparing to walk down the aisle this is what I was forced to endure. The stereotypical comments that were made by our attendant Kim forced me to hold back tears of disgust. In addition, I later learned from my guests that there were incidents of disrespect from the wait staff during the reception. It is extremely unfortunate to have these negative memories from my wedding day. I called to make a complaint but I am still unclear if this issue was addressed.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Alice · Married on 09/18/2010

3.2
      2.5

Granite Links is an absolutely beautiful breath taking location. When we walked into Granite Links, I knew this would the place where we'd have our ceremony. The decor has a classic feel that makes the event look elegant.

As a person who was relatively on top of the entire wedding planning process (I had all vendors booked within a month of being engaged), I thought the planning team at Granite Links needs to step up a notch. We had our ceremony & banquet at 2 different locations (Ceremony: Granite Links Banquet: Hei La Moon). Our family wanted a traditional chinese style banquet but I wanted the Americanized ceremony.

We booked Granite Links in October 2009 and our wedding was 9/18/2010. I was informed that there was going to be a large wedding that evening but it would not be a problem for me to have a 4 hour ceremony/cocktail hour during the day. Our contracts were signed with everything we wanted - event room & cocktail reception area. Our coordinator was Linda Blackmore.

As time got closer, I had to reach out to the coordinator regarding a tasting and she absentminded "forgot" about us. Which was a true disappointment. Granted I am not having our entire wedding there but relatively we are still paying for a 150people ceremony/cocktail hour. Our cocktail hour consisted of open bar (Beer/Wine/Liquor) and 7 passed apps.

When we arrived for the tasting, we are informed that the wedding that was to occur the evening of our ceremony now wanted the entire function area (including our signed space) for the entire day. I was willing to work with the other Bride but Granite Links seemed to push for us to rearrange our wedding day. As a Bride, you don't rearrange 2 months before the actual wedding date. Thank god for CONTRACTS. When you sign your contract, please ensure it states EVERYTHING you want - TIME/LOCATION/ROOMS
    In the end, we still got what we wanted because of the wonderful contract.

On the day of, Linda helped us coordinate during the ceremony but the rest of the 4 hours we were there, she was missing.

Friendly advice, always stay on top of your vendors.

Sent on 05/25/2011

suzanne · Married on 09/06/2015

2.6
      1.5
      1.5

The Wedding was beautiful. But we had a problem missing card seating card for 2 tables. We did find them in the bag we brought up earlier that week, but were not put out.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review Granite Links. We are so glad to hear that overall your wedding was beautiful. We certainly regret any error in putting out your seating cards. I spoke with your coordinator, and she was sure that she put out everything she had. She feels terribly that something was missed. We hope that the beauty of your day outshines any missteps, and we wish you all the best for a lifetime of happiness.

Kind regards,
    Michelle:
    Director of Sales and Catering

1.2
      1.0

Newlyweds, we spend so much time working on our big day. We work so hard to make that day perfect for our family and friends. It's that one special day for the two of you. It's a shame, if all your hard work is jeopardized by the lack of organization, professionals and responsibilities of your venue. We aren't ones to ever write a bad review, but we would never want this to happen to anyone else-especially on their one special day.
    Here's some word of advice if you do decide to have your event here:
    -Make sure there isn't an event before yours, they only give you a two hour window before events and that's NOT enough time to set up (your other vendors will charge you more money because they will need to hire more help to do everything in such short time)
    -Make sure they know the grooms name and that they tell you about the shuttle service. They spelled our names wrong on their sign and didn't inform us about the shuttle service.
    ---Having a wedding over 300?
    -Make sure they aren't training bartenders the day of your event. Everyone needs to be trained, but a wedding that size that is open bar is probably not the best option.
    -Make sure the waiters are coming in from different entrances so that everyone can see that's there's enough hors d'oeuvres during cocktail.
    -Make sure if you do stations, that someone is directing the lines and that someone is stationed to announce each table.
    -Make sure to write all you details down for them, lots of things were missed after numerous emails and meetings.
    Yes, the view, venue and food is amazing!
    But honestly, based on our experience...they can't handle a party over 300 and they don't take ownership or even acknowledge their mistakes. Even after sharing our feedback, there wasn't any sort of care or apologize (only for misspelling our names) on their part. Sorry for the long review, we just wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Granite Links Golf Club's reply:

We would like to start by apologizing for your unhappiness. We put a lot of time, care & attention into each & every one of the events held at Granite Links, & your wedding was no exception. We are a venue that books business for both the day & evening. We are not a full service wedding planning company, nor a full service event production company, both of which would have benefitted you greatly. We strive to ensure that every event at Granite Links is provided with the industry standard minimum of 2 hours of set up time. When you pay your vendors extra money to have the available staff to execute your vision within the provided time frame, you want to ensure they can, in fact, fulfill that promise. We would also like to apologize for the misspelling of the groom’s name. That was a regrettable oversight on our part. The parking shuttle, which was explained to the groom the week of the wedding, is in place to provide wedding guests front door service. The convenience & comfort of our guests is of utmost importance, & we strive to ensure that our guests are neither circling our parking lot in search of an available parking space, nor walking the long distance from the back of the lot to our event spaces. It is our policy & practice to invite guests up by table, in an organized fashion, to food stations & buffets. For this to work effectively the guests would need to adhere to our guidance & instruction. It is a testament to our high level of service that our team is not rude or forceful when guests choose to ignore these requests. The part of your review that stands out to us is “the view, venue & food is amazing”. Our consistent five-star reviews support this statement. We truly wish we could have made you happy. That being said, the team that worked tirelessly on your behalf tried their very best & then some. In the end, we hope that your main memory of your wedding day is that you got to marry the love of your life. We wish the best for a wonderful life together.

Joanne · Married on 07/04/2014

0.6
      0.5
      0.5
      0.0
      0.0

I was not going to do this survey because I was still angry about my entire experience with the wedding coordinator. She was a rude, condescending and inappropriate little girl who spoke to me as if she was better than I almost every time I had to deal with her. At one point during the whole process I almost changed venues. I even emailed Michelle, the woman who manages the events there, and she never responded to me. That is the kind of experience I had the whole time. I would not recommend having any kind of function here. The planners are unprofessional and down right rude. The food was awesome, the service on the night of was excellent as well. If they would fire the stuck up little girl and find someone who treats customers spending thousand of dollars with some respect, it may be a great venue. Though through my work I have met many many people who have dealt with her and they didn't have the event there because of her.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Granite Links Golf Club's reply:

We are certainly saddened to have received such a review. I personally am sorry that I did not respond to your email when you were having troubles as I was on maternity leave and did not return until after your event. On a positive note I am glad to hear that the food and service you experienced on the day of your wedding were to your liking. The coordinator that you worked with was generally one of our strongest, so I am certainly surprised to hear of your experience with her. She is no longer with us at Granite Links, so perhaps you will be able to consider giving us another chance in the future. I congratulate you on your marriage and wish you the utmost happiness.
    Kind regards,