Grand View Reviews

Grand View 7
  • Christianna

Christianna Mill · Getting married on 02/10/2021

A wonderful venue

The Grand View was great from the beginning. My husband and I are from two different states and their communication and transparency with us was fantastic and appreciated. They always made sure to answer any or pressing matters. Gina was so sweet and professional and our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Their staff is amazing, affable and really go out of their way to ensure perfection. I would give 10 stars if I was able to!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Jonathan Volinski · Married on 10/19/2019

The perfect wedding venue

Perfect. That’s all you really need to know. My wife and I had our dream wedding at the Grand View this past weekend. Danielle is nothing short of a miracle worker and took such good care of us and our families from the moment we first toured the venue over a year ago until the second we left the wedding. Chef Linda’s food was all amazing and everyone commented on how great the food was and how this was the best wedding they had ever attended. We met Gina later on in the process but she was also great and made sure the wedding day ran smoothly. In short, we can’t say enough about the Grand View and their staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone thinking of getting married here.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing venue!

AMAZING!! The Grand View was the one and only venue my husband and I looked at. We went and took a tour and ended up putting the deposit down two days later. We knew not to look further, it was our dream wedding come true! Everything about it is flawless! It's beautiful elegant ballroom sits tucked in the back away from main roads on a beautiful landscape with waterfront views. You can choose to get married on the lake or in the chapel outside. We got married in a church down the street which was conveniently located only 5 minutes away! The Chalet on premise is where my maids and I stayed the night before the wedding and let me tell you, it was gorgeous and spacious!! Perfect spot to get ready on your big day and extremely convenient! The food is to DIE for!! I cant tell you how many compliments we got about how beautiful our venue was and how delicious the food was. From the welcome sangria glass, to the apps at cocktail hour, to the main courses- people were raving about it. Many guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to! I'd have to agree with them ;) Along our wedding journey, we had two coordinators leave during our planning process. However, we were never worried because we received emails about the changes and were quickly introduced to the next coordinator. We ended up with Gina and we cannot thank her enough for all her help! She was truly wonderful to work with. Gina was easy to get in contact with and she reassured us that everything would go smoothly, and it did! She offered great advice and suggestions and every detail was perfect. Gina is a professional and accommodating. She was so understanding about what we wanted and even offered us some extra accommodations because of the changes that occurred during our planning. On our day, she went above and beyond and made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently! The way she decorated was exactly as I pictured it to be- it was truly flawless. Thank you, Gina! We are so thrilled to have had the best day of our lives at the Grand View! We wish we could do it all over again! :)

Sent on 10/20/2019

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect wedding at Grand View

We had our wedding at the Grand View on September 14, 2019. We had a great experience working with Danielle leading up to the big day and then Gina on the wedding weekend. Both were always so accommodating, especially since we live on the West Coast and that sometimes made it hard to schedule things. We fell in love with the venue when we first saw it over a year ago and knew it was the place we wanted to get married. The ambiance, food, and all the staff were wonderful and many of our guests raved about it. Danielle always made herself so easy to get in contact with and she made us feel like she had everything taken care of from the very beginning. Even when some last minute things came up that were worrying us the week before the wedding, Danielle helped us come up with a plan and she assured us everything would go smoothly. She was absolutely right. Many guests told our families that was the most beautiful wedding they had been to, and that's in large part to the beautiful venue and the staff making everything go so seamlessly. Huge thanks to Grand View, and Danielle and Gina in particular!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Emily Murphy · Married on 08/17/2019

Wow! Grand View!

Wow! Where do we begin? The Grand View was a dream come true. It was our dream venue and the entire experience that followed after booking our date was nothing short of amazing. Danielle was our coordinator and was truly wonderful to work with. She answered our (many) questions with a smile and went above and beyond to accommodate any requests we had. She also had great advice for us that we wouldn’t have otherwise thought of. We met with Danielle and Gina a month before our wedding and they walked through the entire day with us and again, were so accommodating. They are truly experts and professionals! On wedding day, Gina ran the show and made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently. It was FLAWLESS. So many guests complimented the venue, food, and the staff and we couldn’t agree more about the perfection that Grand View delivered for our wedding. Oh, and did we mention how beautiful it is!? One in a million! Thank you Grand View and to the entire staff! :)

Sent on 09/02/2019

Safiya Gosselin · Married on 08/16/2019

Amazing venue!

Our wedding at Grand View on August 16, 2019 was everything and more we’d ever dreamt of. Grand View was the 6th and final venue we had toured, and we fell in love with it right away and knew immediately this was the place we wanted to get married. We are incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Gina and Danielle, and the rest of the Grand View staff. They were very professional and accommodating leading up to the big day, especially since we live out of state. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, location, and the scenery. The wedding day was perfect, everything went smoothly. We had our ceremony outside on the Bella Vista which overlooks the beautiful waterfront. Our reception took place in the elegant ballroom. On the night before the wedding, my maids and I stayed at The Chalet which is conveniently located on the premise. It was gorgeous and spacious. Our guests had a blast and we received many compliments. A huge thank you to Grand View and the entire staff for making that day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Christina · Married on 07/28/2019

Incredible venue

I cannot express enough how amazing it was working with the team at Grand View. On the day of the wedding, Danielle and Gina were on fire!! Every single detail was perfected and taken into account. From the moment I stepped out of the Chalet (the incredible house for the bridal party to stay at for the weekend) until the very end of the wedding I was met by both Danielle and Gina. Both were so attentive and genuine. They truly wanted the day to go as perfectly as my husband and I wanted and you could feel that attention with everything they did. Now, let’s talk about the venue itself. Wow! It’s set on beautiful Lake Nipmuc, with kayakers and boaters enjoying the day off in the distance. Our ceremony was held outside along the water, followed by cocktail hour both indoors and outdoors, and the reception in the Grand ballroom where we danced the night away. Danielle accommodated all of my ideas and gave me ideas of things I would have never thought of, which made the day even more special. Overall, Grand View is highly recommended for anyone looking to have a beautiful and unique wedding, with staff who dedicates their time to your every want and need!!

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Grand View 8
    Grand View 9
    Grand View 10
  • Shauncey

Shauncey · Married on 11/24/2018

Grand view is a DREAM

Grand view was a DREAM. From the minute we saw it, we knew that it was the perfect venue - it just looks like somewhere that a perfect wedding would happen... and thats exactly what did happen! We worked with Danielle from day one and she was so amazing. She responded to all of my silly and crazy questions throughout the year that we were wedding planning. Danielle worked with us from the beginning to make our day exactly what we wanted. We had a late November wedding but didn't want to pass up the outdoor ceremony space at Grand View. Danielle and the rest of the staff supported our crazy decision to have an outdoor ceremony on a 40 degree day... They set up a hot cider station and space heaters. Gina was our day-of coordinator. She, Danielle, Ashley, and everyone else made the space so beautiful. They set everything up absolutely perfectly... it truly was a dream. I literally can't think of one thing that went wrong. People are still commenting on how beautiful of a day it was... mostly thanks to the staff at Grand View :)

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Grand View 17
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

A Dream Come True!

My husband and I were recently married at the Grand View. The Grand View was the first and only place we took a tour of, we knew right away that this gorgeous venue was the place for us! The grounds, ballroom, fireplace and even bathrooms were downright beautiful. We worked with Danielle to help coordinate the wedding and it was easier than I could ever imagine. Danielle helped us every step of the way and made sure that our wedding would go off without a hitch. During the day of the wedding Gina and Ashley were so wonderful and made sure that everything went as planned. The food was absolutely delicious, in fact we're still receiving compliments on how good the food was. I can not recommend this venue enough, if you want all your wedding dreams to come true get married at the Grand View!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Rossemary

Rossemary · Married on 09/14/2018

My dream come true!

Getting married at Grand View was a dream come true. The grounds are just as glorious as they appear online and the staff is accommodating and flexible. We married under the chapel which matched my vision exactly of white lawn chairs & space for a beautiful flower arbor. Our guests could not stop saying how beautiful the venue was and how much they loved it all. The icing on the cake was the food!! It was delicious from the salad to the entree and the chef even made a specific Dominican & Haitian delicacy as a surprise to our guests. We even held our Hora Loca right before the reception ended which engulfed our guests in a celebration to remember. We could not be happier with th crew at GrandView, this hidden gem in the town of Mendon.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

I can not say enough wonderful things about Grand View. My husband and I got married 8/18/18 and had an amazing experience throughout the planning process, all the way up to our perfect day. Our wedding coordinator Danielle always went above and beyond for us in making our visions come alive as much as to run out on her own time the night before the wedding to get clear umbrellas incase of rain and craft supplies to fix our welcome sign. We also can not thank Ashley and Gina enough for being so accommodating and truly focused on making sure we did not have a stress in the world. Our guests have raved about the food and how gorgeous the venue was. We also rented the Chalet ( a beautiful on site house just steps from the venue) for the night before the wedding as well as the night of for an after party, both nights us and our guests will never forget. Thank you Grand View for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Elaine · Married on 06/01/2018

Our party was perfect in every way! The food was simply delicious and was presented beautifully, the service was outstanding and every detail was executed flawlessly. The grounds of this amazingly beautiful venue were pristine. I cannot begin to thank everyone involved in our Grand View function for their attention to all of our requests and for making sure it was outstanding from start to finish. As the guests left, there were overwhelming compliments on every aspect of the entire function---it was an absolutely wonderful event!!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Mark · Married on 04/21/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Grand View and our Event Planner Laura Peters. My wife and I got married at the venue on 4/21/18 and have had nothing but great feedback from all of our guests. Honestly, I was fearing the whole wedding planning process as many before me have said it would be the most stressful thing in the world. Well, not so when working with the folks as Grandview. Laura made planning the event the easiest thing in the world. She has lots of great ideas and definitely put extra effort into keeping things before, during, and after the event flawless. The venue itself is beautiful and welcoming with awesome outdoor spaces for relaxation and photographs. The food was amazing and the choices were plentiful, this was key because we had every dietary situation you could image…vegetarian, vegan, allergies….you name it. Our every need was accommodated without question. Another huge plus, our package included a cake from Gerado’s bakery, which is my favorite bakery, and it was fantastic. Also, the entire wedding party had the pleasure of staying on the property at The Chalet the night of our wedding. The home is beautiful and convenient after a long night on the dance floor. Felix welcomed us into the house before the wedding and was very accommodating showing us everything we should know. Honestly, I could go on forever about how pleased we were with Grand View, so I’ll just say that if you are “venue shopping” for an event…don’t waste your time anywhere else, just call Laura at Grand View and start planning your unforgettable event!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

We had our wedding in April 2018 and it was the most wonderful day. Even though we had to bring our ceremony inside due to the weather, it was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Danielle was our wedding planner and she made the whole day as seamless as possible! She was worth a million! We don’t know what we would have done without her that day. The food was amazing and all of the guests are still talking about it. There is nothing we would change and we cannot say enough about our incredible experience at the Grand View! The atmosphere was just beautiful and they provided us everything we could have possibly needed. Thank you for giving us the most perfect wedding day :)

Sent on 04/27/2018

Kara · Married on 04/07/2018

We had our wedding on April 7th, 2018 at Grand View and it was the most amazing day. Even though my guests were a bit taken back by us having an outdoor morning ceremony in about 40 degree weather, they agreed it was worth it when they saw the ceremony site and the views of the lake on the side of us. Danielle was our wedding coordinator and she made the whole process so unbelievable smooth from beginning to end! She was super responsive to all my questions and (irrational) concerns, and was fantastically proactive with keeping me on schedule during planning, even giving me tips and tricks to make my day the best day ever. The venue it’s self is so breathtaking, with multiple ceremony sites on the water which both options are so amazing. The food was UNBELIEVABLE! My guests and especially my husband could not stop raving about it! We had a brunch wedding so the chef came up with a unique menu specifically for our day and it did NOT disappoint! We even used the chalet on site for our after party. What a fantastic perk to the venue! Everything about our day was absolutely wonderful! If we could do it again tomorrow and every day after that we would!! Thank you Danielle and Grand View!!

Sent on 06/15/2018
    Grand View 18
    Grand View 19
    Grand View 20
    Grand View 21

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2017

Laura was the event coordinator for our wedding located at the Grand View in Mendon, MA and she was more than amazing and beyond accommodating. My husband and I had a hiccup in our wedding plans - long story short, Hurricane Irma destroyed our U.S.V.I wedding venue 6 weeks before our wedding, leaving us little time to re-plan. Finding Laura and booking the Grand View on such short notice was truly a blessing. Laura’s professional, punctual, organized, easy to work with and as mentioned above, extremely accommodating, she understood our vision and worked her a** off to make it happen – she even coordinated so we could keep our original menu from our U.S.V.I wedding. And the venue speaks for itself, the lake makes for a perfect backdrop, especially with the fall foliage and interior of the Grand View makes for incredible pictures; make sure you check out the Bridal Suite and Women’s restroom (yes, the restrooms are picturesque as well). The overall size of the venue was perfect, it allowed our guest to spread out and enjoy the evening, the food was mouthwatering – people are still talking about the beef tenderloin, and the staff were great to our wedding guest. If you’re on the fence about what venue to pick and what a venue/staff that is professional, accommodating and willing to bring your wedding vision to life, Grand View is your spot!

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Grand View 22
    Grand View 23
    Grand View 24
    Grand View 25
    Grand View 26

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2017

I had my wedding at the Grand View last weekend. I have nothing but great things to say about the venue and the people that run this venue. Everyone I worked with was courteous, kind, professional and made me feel as though my wedding day was their priority. Every request I made they did everything they could to accommodate me and they did it in a way that I did not feel as though I was unconvincing them - they did it with a smile on their face. The day of the wedding they were obviously well prepared and all on the same page - everything was done in a timely manner and exactly as we had expected. They worked behind the scenes with our florist and DJ to make sure that our vendors were well prepared and ready for the day. I really enjoyed working with this crew.
    In regards to the venue itself, it looked stunning for our wedding. The yard was meticulous and set up just as we anticipated. The cocktail hour was lovely. All of the food - from the apps to our dinners - were amazing. The ballroom was breath taking. My guests are still calling me telling me how beautiful everything was and how fantastic the food was.
    I also recommend renting the Chalet. It is an awesome, huge house that can be used for pretty much whatever fits your taste. Our groomsmen and groom got ready during the day at the Chalet, then we had a wedding after party over there. It was a beautiful night so we had our guests outside on the deck and around the fire. We had a DJ for some after wedding dancing and we had a local pizza shop deliver late night pizzas. Our wedding party and their guests stayed the night and it was so much fun.
    Overall, this wedding ended up truly being our dream wedding. Not only was it perfect in our minds, but it was an absolute pleasure to work with these people. I didn't have a single moment of stress or regret or any negative experience with Grand View (or any aspect of my wedding! We are lucky!).

Sent on 08/20/2017

Sue · Married on 07/28/2017

When we first came to The Grandview in Mendon, with our crazy plan to have a surprise wedding, they couldn't have been more supportive. They were equally as excited as we were to help pull off this event. I was very particular in how I wanted everything and Danielle was amazing. Her service was second to none! Everyone at the Grandview bent over backwards to help us create our crazy dream. Over the years, I have often heard people talk about things that went wrong at their weddings. I had heard people tell them, you need to relax and realize that at least one thing will go wrong at every wedding and you need to roll with it. I can honestly say, not one thing went wrong. Again, we had a complex surprise wedding, starting with a cocktail hour, that I participated in. Danielle kept everything on time, helping me sneak away to change before the surprise. She was my "bridal" party, helping me and calming me down:) They executed our day flawlessly. People still rave to me about the location and the food. I was sad to be done working with Danielle and her wonderful team...I'm looking forward to having an occasion to work with them again!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/10/2016

Kevin and I got married at Grand View on September 10, 2016. The day was nothing short of amazing! We cannot say enough good things about Sharon- the main wedding coordinator. She was so on top of her game and made the day run so smoothly. Besides our normal nervous jitters, she made us feel at ease and kept the night running without a hitch! The grounds at Grand View are impeccable. We would stop by every once in a while to see how the renovations were coming along. They did a beautiful job updating everything. We received numerous compliments from our guests saying that this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. Thank you to Grand View, Sharon, her wonderful staff and the owner for allowing us to host our wedding at your beautiful venue. We will highly recommend you to anyone looking for a place to get married.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 04/16/2016

Grand View was the perfect venue for us. The grounds are beautiful and elegant- both inside and out - and there was plenty of room for our 180 guests. Most importantly, Sharon, the wedding coordinator, was AMAZING to work with, from the beginning of the process all the way to after. She is so kind and accommodating; I really felt like she listened to all of my concerns and I wasn't just a "bride". The whole experience was personalized and Sharon was honest and thoughtful throughout the whole thing. I had a couple of difficult / strange experiences a few month before my wedding - but Sharon helped me through every single step of the way. She was perfect during the wedding ceremony and reception; she kept things on time and running smoothly. To say she is amazing is an understatement -- I had a perfect wedding day and couldn't have done that without her.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Krissy · Married on 09/12/2015

While searching for our wedding venue knew we wanted a gorgeous interior space with an equally beautiful outdoor spot to have our ceremony. At The Imperial Ballroom we got just that!! They've just recently finished up an extensive renovation project that will take your breath away!! Every inch of their space has been beautifully updated.
    The minute your guests arrive they are treated to valet parking and ushered into their new cocktail room. From there they have the option of sitting by the grand piano, chatting at the cocktail tables or venturing out onto their huge deck that spans the length of the back of the building overlooking a beautiful lake. There's also a stone patio underneath that your guests can enjoy throughout the event.
    Their menu is so extensive that it's hard to choose but Sharon, the venues coordinator is so helpful and happy to offer you free tastings to help you decide. Sharon was so easy going and really had an important role in our wedding planning. She was always available to answer all our questions and offer ideas or make recommendations for other vendors we still needed. On our wedding day she handled everything, all the details and timelines, making sure we were ok, asking if we needed anything and even helping to pack up all our things at the end of the night and making multiple trips to load up our cars! She takes great pride in all her events hosted at the Ballroom and always has your best interest in mind. We were always greeted with a big hug, it was like planning a party with your best friend. In the end our day was perfect! The Ballroom was beautiful, our outdoor ceremony by the lake was stunning, and our guests have not stopped talking about how great the food was!! Don't let this venue slip by, see it for yourself, you won't be disappointed! Sharon is just amazing at what she does, and takes a little bit of the worry out of your day. Thank you so much Sharon for a perfectly planned wedding day!!! K&R 9.12.15

Sent on 10/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2014

We celebrated our wedding at Imperial Ballroom and had the most amazing day ever! The wedding coordinator, Sharon, was extremely helpful and so great to work with! We had the baked stuffed chicken and steak tips with peppers and onions as our entrees, and all of our guests RAVED about how great the food was! Our wedding hosted just over 200 people and the ballroom was the perfect size. The inside was decorated beautifully, and the vendors that Sharon suggested we work with were great as well.

Sent on 10/16/2014

judith · Married on 07/20/2013

Excellent food and value! Beautiful setting!

Sent on 01/03/2014

We loved the Mriad from the start. The grounds and facility is beautiful. Furthermore the wedding coordinator Sharon has been doing this for twenty years and provided top service and made the day stress free for us. The food and service were 5 stars.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Garret · Married on 09/17/2011

We were looking for a beautiful setting for our early fall wedding and the Myriad Ballroom was the best we could find without traveling or paying an exorbitant amount of money. The location overlooking a lake was the perfect setting and the value was the best around. The food was phenomenal and Sharon kept everything moving like clockwork on our big day. Guests throughout the night commented on how great the location was and we couldn't disagree.

Sent on 11/30/2011