Grand Rapids Art Museum Reviews

Grand Rapids Art Museum 4
Grand Rapids Art Museum 5

Nicole baldwin · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Loved it best one ever

I was in love with the vendors

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Andi

Andi · Married on 08/10/2019

We love the gram!

My husband and I are SO happy we held our wedding at The GRAM. The entire space is so beautiful, and the modern/architecture style is just what we were looking for. Even though a public event was scheduled for the same day (utilizing mostly Rosa Parks but some of The GRAM's space) AFTER we had already signed with The GRAM, our Coordinator Stephanie worked her tail off to make sure it didn't affect our wedding day. A special thank you to Stephanie, Wendy our Bar Manager, and the rest of the staff at The GRAM for making our day so perfect and for the excellent service.

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Grand Rapids Art Museum 6
    Grand Rapids Art Museum 7
    Grand Rapids Art Museum 8
    Grand Rapids Art Museum 9
    Grand Rapids Art Museum 10

amber · Married on 10/21/2017

Using the GRAM for our ceremony and reception was an amazing decision that was worth every penny. First of all, it is gorgeous. The entire staff was friendly, and willing to work with me on everything. Corey is awesome! I could not have imagined a better coordinator to help me plan the day if I tried. Thank you for everything. The only downside was that the gallery was not available for our reception as the exhibit was not ready. Even so, the building was beautiful, everything went off without a hitch, and I'm not sure many guests even noticed.

Sent on 10/24/2017

3.0

The GRAM was the perfect spot to have our wedding reception! Our guests raved about everything from the layout of the tables to the separate auditorium for dancing to the cleanliness of the facilities. We did not pay the extra money for the extra hour and felt like the amount of time there (6-11) was adequate.

A few items we had difficulty with were the following: staff is very hard to get ahold of in the months leading up to the wedding. Felt like I had to email or call at least two times each time to get any sort of response. Also, not being able to get into the building that morning to set up was inconvenient. We were able to drop things off the day before but couldn't actually setup until about 2 hours before the event, and we were having our ceremony then. Finally, having to clean up and take EVERYTHING out of the GRAM at the end of the night is a nightmare. Just always ends up being something you lose track of and don't want to have to deal with. Would be nice if they had a room that items could be left in until maybe the next morning. Also, no discount was offered for having event on a Friday versus Saturday :(

Overall, great venue! Would recommend to others!

Sent on 11/23/2015

2.5
      3.5

The GRAM was an absolutely stunning location to have our ceremony and reception! The wedding was in Pocket Park and even though it was outside in downtown Grand Rapids, they had two security guards monitoring the grounds to keep pedestrians from invading our space. Our dinner was in the lobby and dancing in Cook Auditorium. They were super helpful and accommodating with everything we wanted. A downfall is their response time. Get the name and number of the liaison that will be running the show on your wedding day and it gets a little easier to have someone answer your questions. Keep in mind that if you do all of your wedding there, you will either need to provide your own music for the ceremony and dinner or pay extra to have a DJ set up three stations. I put my music for the ceremony and dinner on a flash drive and they did a great job playing it without any problems.

They let us use a conference room upstairs to hang out in as guests arrived and that was very helpful. They guys were able to get ready in a room downstairs but it was only available after 3 as artists use it. Keep in mind that the museum closes at 4 and then has to be flipped into a wedding. Our ceremony was at 6 and they wedding planner had just enough time to get things done. If you don't have a wedding planner and you are not extremely organized this will be almost impossible to do. The GRAM provides a list of preferred caterers and we used Applause. They were great and that's actually the same company the GRAM uses for bartenders. We also played a slideshow during and paid extra to be there until midnight. They did a great job playing the slideshow (on flash drive) but I don't think I would recommend paying $500 for an additional hour. Overall, wonderful experience for a modern wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2015