Grand Event Center Reviews

15 | Winchester, VA

15 Reviews for Grand Event Center

• Kendra

Kendra Weber Johnson · Married on 11/07/2020

The perfect solution for a social distance party

Grand Event Center provided us with a great way to host an outdoor, social distance 70th birthday celebration for my mother. We had family come from all over the country and the tent, tables and extra chairs helped us be able to celebrate safely outside regardless of the hot July weather and the covid-19 pandemic.

Sent on 07/16/2020

Tim Hilkert · Married on 11/02/2019

Very happy with service

Our chairs arrived on-time, they were exactly what we expected, and put the finishing touch on our venue’s perfect set up and ambiance!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Jasmine

Brian Kurrus · Married on 06/22/2019

Affordable chair rentals

The prices are affordable and they offered a 10% off promotion if we paid 50% of the deposit by a certain date. The only hiccup was the day before delivery (2 days before the wedding) when they called me to inform me that the previous renters hadn’t returned their chairs on time. I had rented gold chiavari chairs and they apologized and asked if I would be ok with going with another color with no further payment. The fruitwood we went with looked great, were delivered/set up on schedule, and we got them for half the cost due to the inconvenience. I understand things happen and appreciate how they handled everything. I would use them again and have already recommended them to others looking for wedding rentals.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Parsons · Married on 05/11/2019

Special Service for a Special Day

Grand Event Center was an excellent choice for my daughter's wedding. As planner, but more importantly, mother of the bride, I found GEC to be on top of everything, always professional, products were top-notch and the "Grade A" attitude of their sales staff through numerous order changes and "bride" demands was beyond excellent. Kudos to Zack and Joel, as well as those behind the scenes to a job well done! I would definitely use this fine company again.

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • F

Franzi Curry · Married on 01/06/2019

Hands down the best place for rentals

Hands down the best place for rentals with the most knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly staff. They go above and beyond to help educate and guide you to ensure that you have everything needed for your event. I recently worked with them on a styled shoot for a new wedding venue, Fox Meadow Barn at Cloverdale Farm and Belle Grove Plantation and they far exceeded my expectations with the communication, advice, and day of set-up help. They arrived on time to deliver the items and the gentleman were very helpful in placing it where requested. I can't not recommend them more and will send each and every one of my clients to them for all things rental!

Here is a link to some of the photos from the styled shoot, Franzi of Franzi Lee Photography: https://www.franzileephotography.com/weddings/fox-meadow-barn-wedding-winchester-virginia/

Sent on 06/08/2020

Molly · Married on 08/25/2018

We rented 2 tents, cocktail tables + linens and linen napkins for our wedding at Faithbrooke Barn & Vineyard in Luray, VA. They were great! We realized last minute that our caterer did not provide linens and they were super responsive and added linens to our order with no problems. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Joel and Anne were so accommodating and nice when I desperately needed to rent a tent less than two months before my wedding! They were easy to work with and incredibly responsive! They definitely helped me out when I needed it the most. Thank you!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Steve · Married on 01/17/2018

Great prices, great service, great experience!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Grand Rental Station was very helpful assisting us in picking out our tent, tables, and chairs. The prices were good and the delivery was several days before the event, allowing plenty of time to set up. I would recommend and use them again.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Krishele · Married on 07/22/2012

Grand Rental made the rental needs for my wedding both affordable and headache free. They delivered on a Friday even though the event wasn't until Sunday and even set up the arbor for me. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Charlena · Married on 08/21/2011

Used the white wood folding chairs. They were perfect for the outdoor ceremony. We will definitely be using Grand Rental Station again for future events!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Melissa Quick · Married on 06/27/2020

Great Experience!

They were very helpful, flexible, and professional. Their prices are also very reasonable.

Sent on 07/03/2020

Carrie · Married on 09/29/2012

Their staff and installers were very helpful and hard working. The tent needs repairs and a good cleaning as did the chairs, but the sent new ones to replace the dirty ones. Our helium tank was empty and the second one we picked up filled 15 balloons, not 200 like website says. The gazebo was a nice addition to our ceremony.

Sent on 01/18/2013

Angie T · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Experience. Would order again!

Anne was very friendly and took the time to review all options available and explained everything accurately. Was very happy with the service however we had ordered sides to our tent that were dirty. We had to wash them down since it was for a wedding. But, it had rained weeks prior to our event so it may have been hard to keep them clean from the prior event.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sheila · Married on 10/06/2018

1.2
      1.0
      0.5

I had a wonderful experience working with Anne. She was very helpful and responsive to me throughout this journey. Their failure was delivery for my daughters wedding. They were due to deliver on a Friday between 12 - 3 PM in WV a tent, tent sides, bistro lights, skirting, linens for family table and for two tables I was renting from them. Driver, I was told would make later delivery on Friday and for me to mark four spots to put the tent stakes per Joel. Came back for rehearsal at 5 PM and no tent. Multiple phone calls made but of course its Friday and 5 PM. No emergency numbers to call. Driver calls me on Saturday, day of wedding at 8 AM to say he is in Leesburg and is coming for delivery. I asked the driver why he didn't deliver on Friday like he was supposed to. He said "I was busy yesterday." Delivery is close to an hour or more away from my location. I'm the one responsible for putting linens on tables and time was a huge issue having an afternoon wedding. I refused the order at this point as I was forced to use Plan B. Thank goodness my caterer had tents available to help me. Joel contacted me Saturday and apologized for error and I'm getting full refund. Joel sadly took the blunt of my frustration and Anne has yet to contact me herself. I reserved my order on January 25, 2018 - so yes you had plenty of time. You cannot over extend yourself and cause the stress that you did for our wedding day or future customers.

Sent on 10/08/2018