Gramercy Mansion Reviews

224 Reviews for Gramercy Mansion

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

224 Gramercy Mansion Reviews

Leandra · Married on 09/21/2018

When my husband and I were looking at venues in the Maryland area, we initially wanted to tour the Gramercy Mansion’s Carriage House venue. But after seeing what the mansion had to offer we just absolutely fell in love with it. To say that this venue was special to us, is an understatement. The unique, classy, and homey feel of the mansion and its luxury suites/rooms were more than we could have imagined. This venue and its staff (Shannon you are the sweetest person) GREALY surpassed our expectations.

The Gramercy offers guest rooms that are big and beautiful. One concern I had with other venues was wheelchair accessibility for my handicapped father, the Gramercy had a handicap accessible room and ramps conveniently located so my father could get around with ease. It was a huge relief realizing my father could move around comfortably. All my bridesmaids and some of the groom’s family were able to stay at the venue in the B&B guest rooms, which made everything very convenient for transport and day of getting ready festivities!

The Gramercy has preferred caterers for weddings, we decided on Sasha’s Catering. My husband and I are foodies and this catering company produced the most delicious food that gave our guests that WOW factor. The grounds were immaculately prepared and manicured the day of our wedding. We had our wedding in the rear of the mansion, cocktail hour on the back lawn, and reception in the atrium. The staff was very accommodating, especially the morning after our wedding when we weren’t feeling our best and needed coffee/food! Many of our guests just adored the mansion and we received so many compliments on the beautiful gardens. This venue is truly one of a kind and gave us the wedding we only dreamed about. I would HIGHLY recommend visiting this venue to feel it’s magic and meet its wonderful staff. Once you see the gardens you’ll understand why many, myself included, fall in love with it. We hope to be back on our anniversary!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Leandra and David! We are so happy you shared this heartfelt review with us - thank you. It touches up deeply to read about these personal details. We felt an authentic connection with you and your family. Your parents were so sweet. It was our pleasure to ensure your father felt comfortable in the Tudor Room and was able to enjoy the mansion through the use of our ramps and wide doorways. It was so gratifying seeing you all grouped together at a communal table sharing breakfast. We think having the time to reflect and share stories after a wedding very important. Having your bridal party and close relatives stay overnight in the Mansion offers us a glimpse into the love that they had for you both. Everyone was so warm, gracious and fun to be around. Our staff will love hearing that your party enjoyed their customer service. It really is our absolute pleasure to be able to support and care for our guests. We can't wait to welcome you back to stay with us. Have you considered placing an order for a personalized wedding brick to be installed in our ceremony gardens? Let us know! We're so glad you're now a part of our Gramercy family. Cheers, Shannon (p.s. thanks for the super sweet shout out!)

Breanna · Married on 09/18/2018

I couldn’t imagine having my wedding any place else. The grounds are absolutely beautiful the staff were so friendly and helpful and flexible. I had the best wedding day. Highly recommend them to anyone who wants an absolutely magical day

Sent on 09/19/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Breanna and Julius! We loved welcoming you and your guests on your wedding day. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. Although the weather didn't co-operate for an outdoor ceremony, our Atrium was the perfect backdrop for your intimate elopement! We're so glad you enjoyed staying with us in the Camelot room as well. Our staff will be so pleased to know you enjoyed their attention! Your wedding brick is in place in the ceremony gardens, giving you a perfect reason to visit us again soon. Cheers, Shannon

Christine · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I decided to have an elopement/ intimate ceremony with only family. We met with Shannon at Gramercy, and she was wonderful! We fell in love with the property and knew that was where we wanted to marry. We decided on a date only a month away. Shannon made the whole process easy. She was available to answer any questions. Our ceremony was perfect and the gardens made for beautiful pictures!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Christine and Samir! It's so wonderful to read this reflection about your wedding day at the Mansion. You were blessed with gorgeous weather and lush gardens! The two of you looked absolutely beautiful, your intimate ceremony in our lower gardens was perfect. It was my pleasure to officiate your wedding! I loved meeting you both, thank you for trusting me to help make your special day memorable. We can't wait to welcome you back! Cheers, Shannon

Lakeisha · Married on 08/19/2018

The venue is awesome!!! Go with innovative catering....

Sent on 10/01/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Lakeisha and Keith! It's wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for the positive review. We're glad you loved the Mansion and our gardens. Please come back to visit soon, perhaps for a romantic weekend getaway in the Cassatt Suite? Cheers, Shannon
  • Mia

Mia · Married on 08/03/2018

We knew that this was our dream venue from the moment we walked in. It was an added bonus that the staff were so friendly, helpful, and just a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I'll forever be grateful to Gramercy for hosting the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding Mia & John! It was our pleasure to ensure you both had the wedding of your dreams, and we are delighted to hear that our staff was there to help with anything you needed. We pride ourselves in providing the best care and attention to our wedding couples and their guests. Hopefully you're able to visit us again to reminisce on your wedding day, and maybe even attend a Wine Supper in the Mansion! Cheers, Sarah

Kristin · Married on 06/16/2018

I had my wedding at Gramercy Mansion a few weeks ago. The venue is absolutely stunning inside and outside. Even if it rains, you have a beautiful space to have your ceremony. They take such good care of you and make you a wonderful gourmet breakfast every morning if you stay in one of their gorgeous rooms. I'm so happy I chose Gramercy Mansion for our wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Kristin and Jonathan! Thank you for sharing these kind sentiments, your June wedding was fabulous! The gardens were in fine form, the rain held off and you were able to enjoy an outdoor ceremony. Everything was so well thought out and beautiful. The decor, flowers and candles created a romantic, memorable setting. The staff at Gramercy will be pleased to know that you received excellent care. It was our pleasure to ensure that your special day was carefully attended to. By combining your wedding and a few nights in the Camelot Suite, you were able to enjoy our breakfasts too. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. We can't wait to see you both again soon. Cheers, Shannon P.S. Thank you for inviting me to officiate your wedding. I had the best time getting to know the two of you!

Alexandra · Married on 06/15/2018

The Gramercy was the perfect venue for us. We visited on a rainy day and even then we fell in love. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful, kind or welcoming. They even helped give me advice on a few decorations :) I highly recommend it for any couple. My guests were blown away!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

It's so wonderful to hear from you Alexandra and Sean! Thank you for sharing this review with us and our future couples. Your June wedding was lovely, we are so glad that your guests enjoyed the Mansion. Having reserved all 11 guest rooms as well, made for an intimate, family centered day and it was our pleasure to welcome everyone on your behalf. Please come back to visit us, perhaps to enjoy a romantic weekend getaway or anniversary! Cheers, Shannon
  • Amythyst

Amythyst · Married on 05/22/2018

It was our dream wedding! There was not a single other venue we were even considering. The staff was perfect, helpful, kind and friendly. It did rain that day and we were hopeful for outside, but they offered that we could have me walk down the staircase and have the ceremony in front of the fireplace which turned out to be amazing! They were so accommodating and caring! It was the best day of my life.

Gramercy Mansion 1
    Gramercy Mansion 7
    Gramercy Mansion 8
    Gramercy Mansion 9

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding day Amythyst and Christopher! Your midweek wedding was fabulous and we loved welcoming your family and friends. We're so happy that you felt well taken care of and that our staff provided you with our personalized attention that you so well deserve. While rain may have kept you from having your ceremony in our gardens, one of the best things about Gramercy is that our indoor options are just as special. You may want to consider ordering an engraved wedding brick for placement in our ceremony gardens. If so please let us know and we'll take care of that for you. The bricks make a lovely memento to mark your special wedding day. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Cheers, Shannon

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2018

We had our wedding at Gramercy and it was absolutely stunning! The staff were extremely easy to work with from before we signed the contract to the day of the wedding. The grounds are well-maintained and beautiful all year long (our wedding was in May, but we visited during the fall and winter for appointments with vendors) and they have one of the best rain plans in the area. I like that this is a historical mansion that your guests can actually explore because so many of the mansions in the area aren't actually open inside to wedding guests. Everyone loved the unique decorations of the venue and walking the mansion grounds to look at the gardens. I would highly recommend gramercy to anyone getting married!

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations and thank you Melissa and Jeremy! Your spring wedding was gorgeous. We're so happy that you enjoyed all of the unique aspects of Gramercy Mansion, the personalized attention from our staff, our manicured gardens and our indoor option in case of inclement weather. It is nice to hear that your guests enjoyed exploring the Mansion and it's grounds. There certainly is a lot to see and do. We hope your memories of us will prompt you to visit us again very soon. Cheers, Shannon

Aliza · Married on 05/06/2018

We can’t say enough good things about Gramercy Mansion. We had our May 6 wedding there, and everything was perfect. The staff are all extremely friendly and welcoming. After booking our date, we visited numerous times on our own to show our parents and photographers around, and we always felt welcome to do so.

We stayed in the Tudor Room the night of our wedding (and used it as our bridal suite to get ready beforehand). The natural light through the two windows was lovely, and the quick access to the gardens was perfect for our first look photos. We didn’t end up eating breakfast there, but our family members who did were very pleased. We look forward to visiting again for a future anniversary!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Wow! What an amazing review, thank you Aliza and Greg, we loved welcoming you and your family to Gramercy. Weddings are intimate, special occasions and we always want to make sure each and every guest feels at home during their time with us. It's great to hear that the lead up to the wedding was just as smooth, with a great sense of belonging. Our team of staff will be pleased to know you enjoyed all the stages of wedding planning. We love the Tudor Room just as much as you do, being on the main floor and having private access to the gardens, this room is a favorite for sure. When you're ready to return just let us know and we'll take care of everything! Cheers, Shannon (P.S. It was my honor to officiate your wedding too!)

Elizabeth · Married on 04/29/2018

The Gramercy was an amazing place to have our wedding! We had our ceremony and reception inside the mansion, and everything was beautifully done. We wanted to do the ceremony outside but it was unexpectedly cold, so we moved the ceremony inside. It still felt like we were outside with the big windows and plants surrounding us and the transition inside the space was seamless. We also stayed in the Cassatt Suite and booked the rest of the rooms for our family, and everyone had a wonderful stay. We especially appreciated the delicious vegan breakfast they made for us in the morning. The service and communication before the wedding was also excellent. I would highly recommend the Gramercy to anyone.

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Elizabeth and Andres! Your wedding in April was fabulous. The beauty of the atrium is like you described, it makes you feel like you're outdoors, but you have the protection from the weather. With the fairy lights strung above and the ornate, potted plants, indoor ceremonies at Gramercy are spectacular. We're very happy to learn that you felt our communication was clear and consistent. The Cassatt Suite is definitely a highly sought after guest room, with ample space to prepare for your big day. Thank you for sharing your positive insights, we truly appreciate it. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Cheers, Shannon

Jeanne · Married on 04/21/2018

The venue was absolutely beautiful! We wanted an outside Spring wedding and this was the perfect place! The weather cooperated and most of the plants at the mansion were in bloom. The staff was very friendly and courteous and the facilities were perfect for our size wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Jeanne and Scott! Thank you for the kind words, it was our pleasure to welcome your family and friends on your wedding day at the Carriage House. The garden ceremony was beautiful, with many trees and springtime flowers beginning to bloom. It was my honor to be asked to officiate your ceremony, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day. The staff at Gramercy wishes you all the best! Cheers, Shannon

Leah · Married on 04/21/2018

The Gramercy team was truly a joy to work with. Unbelievably patient with family and questions, they went way out of their way to ensure the absolutely perfect day! Excellent venue to co-locate the entire wedding/reception/lodging. We couldn't have been happier with both the Mansion and the staff!!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you Forest and Leah! It's wonderful to hear these kind words, thank you for sharing them with us. Your wedding day was gorgeous, the atrium ceremony, caring friends and family, delicate harpist playing in the background and obvious love between the two of you made for a very special day. The love you and Leah shared of our beloved cat Romeow and his inclusion in your day, complete with personalized wedding invitation and "surf and turf" dinner was heartwarming. I'm so glad we had your wedding brick in place for you on your wedding day, it made for a memorable photo. Congratulations! Cheers, Shannon (P.S. It was my honor to officiate your ceremony, it was beautiful!)

Amanda · Married on 03/17/2018

The Gramercy is simply amazing! My husband and I had our St. Patrick's Day wedding there and it was a dream. The venue is beautiful and the service and staff are top notch.

Sent on 03/29/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations, Amanda & Matt! We absolutely loved having your gorgeous wedding at our venue and are delighted that you not only had your dream day, but that our helpful staff was able to be a part of it. Hopefully you both can visit us again soon to celebrate an anniversary or enjoy a weekend getaway! Best, Sarah

Karin · Married on 10/25/2017

This was a great venue for a wedding elopement. They offer discounts for elopements and also packaged deals. I was able to plan and book our wedding elopement in 2 weeks.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Karin and Slawomir! The combined elements of the colors of the leaves & flowers in our gardens, your gorgeous wedding dress and the warm sunshine, made your autumn wedding ceremony picture perfect. Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of hosting your intimate ceremony. We loved having you stay with us and can't wait for your return. Cheers, Shannon

Kim · Married on 10/21/2017

Gramercy was a great venue! They were great to work with.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're happy to hear about your positive experience with our team. Hopefully, you're able to come back and visit us! Best, Sarah

Robert · Married on 10/16/2017

After doing a lot of looking around for a place that could do the wedding i found Gramercy Mansion. They can do every thing there. The only thing i had to do was the music. They made us feel so special on are day. Even now the guest that were there tell me how nice are wedding was. Pictures were taken inside and out on the grounds. There grounds were top notch. My wife and i are going back for a night stay.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Robert and Kathy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your wedding day here at Gramercy Mansion. Your intimate elopement in October was beautiful! The Romantic Getaway Package that you chose is designed to take care of everything...officiant, location, guest room, dinner and finally a beautiful romance package prepared and awaiting your arrival. It was our pleasure to coordinate this for you and Kathy. We can't wait to welcome you back soon! Cheers, Shannon

Rony · Married on 10/14/2017

Gramercy Mansion was a wonderful venue and we were so happy we were able to book it. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. We had a beautiful September wedding and the scenery outside the mansion was fantastic for our wedding photos. We highly recommend the Gramercy and will definitely be returning for our anniversary. Also we definitely recommend staying there the night of the wedding (the breakfast was delicious!)

Sent on 04/21/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you, Rony! We are delighted to hear that your September wedding was everything you pictured it to be and are happy you chose our venue for the special celebration. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mansion for a future anniversary and another fresh breakfast in the morning! Best, Sarah

Halicia · Married on 10/06/2017

The Gramercy Mansion is a wonderful, romantic, beautiful place to get married! We had our wedding ceremony and reception there in October 2017. Our family stayed in the mansion the night before and the night of our wedding. It couldn't have been more perfect! The staff make you feel like family and are always happy and accommodating. (Shannon, thank you for being so wonderful!) The mansion and grounds are breathtaking and take you back in time. Our guests could not get enough of it's charm and beauty. They serve breakfast every morning to overnight guests and it was so delicious. I can't stop thinking about the banana pancakes! My husband and I could not have asked for a better place to start our lives together!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

It's so wonderful to hear from you Halicia and Eric! Congratulations on your wedding! We felt like your family was our family, everyone was so kind and fun-loving. We're so pleased to hear you all enjoyed your time with us. The feeling is mutual. Seeing the love you both share for one another was heartwarming. We're glad you loved our breakfasts, the secret to our banana pancakes is that we add fresh banana to the batter and cook on the griddle - to perfection. But really, you'll just have to return to us soon, so we can serve them to you again. We look forward to welcoming you sooner rather than later hopefully. Cheers, Shannon

Valerie · Married on 10/01/2017

We couldn’t be happier with our experience at Gramercy. From the Hollywood set grounds which provided stunning pictures to the warm and friendly staff and the fact that we and our guests could stay in the beautiful guest rooms, You just can’t find a better place to give you the magical memories everyone wants for their wedding day.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Valerie, thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review! We are happy to hear that you love the magic of the gardens as much as we do and that you chose Gramercy for your special celebration. We would love to have you visit us again and enjoy another overnight stay! Best, Sarah

Raechelle · Married on 08/27/2017

Gramercy was beautiful. Live in the moment, time flew by.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Congratulations Raechelle and Steven! Thank you for the inspirational quote...so very true, the wedding day goes by in a flash. We were so glad you chose to host your wedding here at Gramercy and stay in the Camelot room. Please come back soon! Cheers, Shannon

Richard · Married on 08/10/2017

great place can't wait to go again

Sent on 08/23/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you! Your positive thoughts are greatly appreciated. Please be sure to check our website and social media for upcoming Room of the Month specials and events. Cheers, Shannon

Dominique · Married on 07/07/2017

My wife and I had our wedding/elopement at Gramercy on July 7, 2017. We lucked up and did the elopement package for $750. It was suppose to rain and did not so our ceremony turned out beautifully. Everyone at Gramercy was extremely accommodating and helpful. We had three suites over the course the weekend (Friday/Saturday). Shannon was amazing and Raina our Officiant worked with our long ceremony. I cannot wait to return here for an anniversary!! Thank you Gramercy everything was amazing.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review Dominique! Your kind words mean the world to us. We loved getting to know you and Naaemah. Your beautiful outdoor ceremony was so beautifully designed and we were so glad you could enjoy the gardens and sunshine on your wedding day. We look forward to welcoming you both back soon. Congratulations on your wedding! Cheers, Shannon

Michelle · Married on 07/06/2017

The staff is wonderful and exceeded all of my expectations! They made everything work. I wish that I had more time to prepare because I would have rented the whole mansion. Even though it rained on our wedding day the pictures still came out beautiful in the gorgeous mansion and carriage house. We definitely will be spending our anniversary at Gramercy!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Gramercy Mansion's reply:

Thank you for the glowing review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience here at Gramercy Mansion and our Carriage House. Although it rained on your wedding day, it's great to know that you were pleased with your alternate indoor ceremony set up. We can't wait to see your photos! We'd love to post some on our website and social media. Please come back for your anniversary, if not sooner. You may want to add a Romance Package to your nights stay...think candles, petals, dozen roses and chocolates! You can view our specials and packages on our website. See you soon! Cheers, Shannon