24 Reviews for Gorge-ous Weddings at Wind Mountain Ranch

Wireless Internet (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
24 Gorge-ous Weddings at Wind Mountain Ranch Reviews

Molly was seriously a dream come true to work with. She was very clear and professional (but also super down to earth and a sweet person) about everything when booking the venue for our wedding. Any questions we had (which was a lot) she always answered for us quick and thoroughly. I cannot tell you how many people commented how amazing and GORGEOUS this venue is. It truly is a little slice of heaven sitting up above the gorge with a breathtaking view. The amenities included in the package make Gorge-ous Weddings worth the price. The best part is being able to use the ranch house while getting ready in the morning! All of the groomsmen, bridesmaids, family, vendors, were commenting how nice it was to all be in one location together. We were even able to rent the house the night before as well, and Molly was extremely helpful in setting this up. I would absolutely recommend booking Gorge-ous Weddings for your special day. We are so happy we did!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, In-House Bar, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Bartender(s), Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking

We absolutely fell in love with this venue when we first visited. The views are breathtaking and there's lots of ways to customize your ceremony and reception. Working with Molly was icing on the cake. She was always willing to help and give us ideas to make this the wedding we dreamed of. We had the best experience possible with Gorge-ous Weddings at Wind Mountain Ranch and hope you do too!

Profile Picture Olivia, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Best wedding venue ever! All of our guests commented on how gorgeous the venue was; it doesn't get better than having the mountains as your backdrop! Besides the amazing landscape, WMR had so many extra features we simply couldn't find anywhere else - Our wedding party stayed in the ranch house that's included as a part of the venue contract, while we stayed in one of the private cabins. Also, if you're looking for an outdoor venue, you might've noticed it's difficult to find one without porta-potties - WMR does not have that problem! Their restrooms are beautifully done, and we actually had guests comment to us how beautiful the restrooms are (not even joking). Most importantly, Molly is one organized lady - She had prompt answers to our many questions, and with the venue being family property, she knows it extensively and is able to provide the best advice based on her years of experience in the area. Thanks for everything, Molly!

Profile Picture Eliza, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Chairs

Molly was great, super accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed to have an INCREDIBLE wedding. The venue is stunning, guests were super impressed, and Molly did everything she could to make sure our event went well.

Profile Picture Adam, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Having our wedding here was the best decision we made about our wedding. From the very beginning everything went smoothly, communication and quick responses from Molly made our wedding planning for decorations very easy. Everything about this venue is worth the money! The views, grassy areas, amazing reception tent and the ranch house. They offer many bonus rentals which helped make our ideas really come to life. We had a lot of family's with tons of kids so having a place for kids to be able to run and play was huge on our list and Wind Mt Ranch truly provides that. My husband and I would recommend Georgous Weddings at Wind Mountain Ranch to any couple looking for a beautiful location with all the amenities you could possibly need for a wedding. Every person from our guest list easily said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever been too. We were so blessed to share our special day with all our friends and family, and show them all the beauty that we see living in The Gorge. Thank you, thank you Molly and your whole family for being a part of our day and all the days that led up to it!

Profile Picture Natasha, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I swear to you, there is literally no place on this earth more beautiful! Every guest at our wedding is still talking about the location! Not only does it make your beautiful photos, but Molly and her husband are excellent business owners. Even with a baby on the way, Molly managed to be prompt in her responses to us and we were allowed to visit the venue for planning. I wouldn't change a single moment about our special day. My husband, my family, & I all intend to celebrate our five or ten year anniversary at the same venue! It really was that perfect...

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Chairs, Linens

Wind Mountain Ranch is an incredible find! We were so lucky to have stumbled upon it while searching the internet for venues near Portland. It was the first and only venue we visited – we knew right away that this venue was for us. The open space, incredible views, natural beauty, amenities (tent, tables & chairs, house, ceremony site(s), bathrooms), and the personal feel of the venue sold us over immediately - even on a cold and rainy day in late February. What we did not know at the time, but quickly discovered, was that the beauty and personal feel of the venue were just the beginning of our positive experience. Molly was hands down the most responsive and helpful person we dealt with during our planning process. I cannot stress enough how critical this was to the success of our wedding. No matter how small the detail, she responded quickly and clearly so that I could move forward with planning. She was helpful with suggestions and open and flexible to working with us to make our event special and successful. The package also allows for personalization and flexibility to work with your budget and theme. We felt that we had most exceptional event – it was a resounding success and we could not have been happier. Our friends and family kept asking where we found out about Wind Mountain Ranch. It is a unique and special place – Molly and her family have worked to preserve the personal and family feel and this is felt in the warm and welcoming energy that fills the entire venue. We are so thankful that we came across Wind Mountain Ranch in our search – it was perfect! I highly recommend going for a visit if you are looking for an event venue, you will be sold the moment you drive up the driveway.

Profile Picture Molly, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly wish I could rate higher that 5 stars. My husband and I had an amazing wedding day thanks to Molly. The venue was exactly what we were looking for and the price aligned with our budget. Molly was incredibly responsive, answering emails and calls within the same day. Although she was in the middle of wedding season, she still gave us her full attention and she remembered us. I know that sounds strange but with ALL those couples, she remembered what was going to be different about our big day. We were lucky enough to have amazing perfect weather and couldn't have been happier. I would HIGHLY recommend Gorgeous Weddings for a perfect outdoor event.

Profile Picture Angel, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son and now daughter-in-law were married at Wind Mountain on 8.9.14. They feel lucky to have found this venue as it had everything they were looking for - a beautiful setting, indoor tent option and a fun flexible coordinator. Molly stressed from the beginning that she wanted to help them create the day of celebration that felt right for them and she truly did. Wind Mountain Ranch was one of the few outdoor venues that had the essentials included (tables, chairs, linens, restrooms, bar, lighting, house for wedding party preparation) but allowed them to bring in their own caterer and beverages. The cost was comparable to other venues but was a better value due to its inclusive package and lack of add on costs. It truly was the perfect venue for their special day!

Profile Picture Jean, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorge-ous Weddings at Wind Mountain Ranch was one of the last venues we looked at, and immediately after taking the tour and speaking with Molly, we knew it was the one. Whereas all the other venues seemed to be lacking an element that we were looking for, or there was something we would have to make-do with, Wind Mountain Ranch had literally everything we were looking for and more. Molly seemed super organized and on top of things, which was comforting. The grounds were immaculate, the views stunning, and the ranch house was beautiful and a perfect, comfortable place for everyone to get ready before hand. With tables, chairs, and linens provided, and additional decorative items available for use, we didn't even have to get any outside rentals which was awesome. On the day of the wedding, the venue was even more beautiful than the first time we saw it, and our guests were raving about what a gorgeous location it was. Molly was fantastic to work with and we couldn't have chosen a better backdrop for our big day.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this venue from the moment we saw the pictures online! Everything turned out perfectly and just as we had envisioned. Molly was wonderful and very helpful. Our guests were blown away. It was perfect!

-Sharz and Phillip

Profile Picture Sharz , 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wind Mountain Ranch far exceeded our wishes for an outdoor wedding with beautiful scenery and a giant awesome reception tent. On our big day, I burst into tears the moment we rounded the corner and saw the chairs set up for our ceremony facing the mountains. The forecast for our late September wedding was rain - an anomaly. We kept our ceremony outside and watched as the clouds rolled around us and sheets of rain came down across the river. We breathtakingly beheld a miracle. The sun shined on us when our officiant pronounced us married. Our photographer took over 5,000 photos and guests commented all day about how gorgeous the setting is, one comparing it to a mountainside in Ireland. The whole day was full of magic. We really enjoyed the ranch house for getting ready and staying overnight with close family and friends after the reception. Molly was an incredible help for months of wedding planning, answering tons of questions and accommodating us for our visits to the venue to figure out all our little details, including a variety of lawn games. Molly was so open and helpful. She even changed the wording in the contract to honor us as a same-sex couple. I could talk for hours about all that is amazing at Wind Mountain Ranch!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Molly was amazing! She was wonderful with communication and very sweet! Gorge-ous weddings was the most amazing venue I had looked at, and it was in our budget! The views are breathtaking! The only thing I wish upon is that they allowed my dogs to share our special day with us :)

Profile Picture Haleigh, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jesse and I dated for five years before finally tying the knot. We got engaged in December 2012 and immediately started looking for venues, hoping for a 2013 wedding. We thought we wanted an urban wedding and looked at a handful of venues in the Portland area, all of which were really expensive and each lacked that special something we were looking for.

We knew about Gorge-Ous Weddings through a family friend and Molly was able to get us in for a tour right away. It didn't take us long to figure out that we found our wedding venue and we really lucked out booking a summer Saturday.

Gorge-Ous Weddings is so accommodating! They don't nickel and dime you for everything you want and they have a plethora of on-site items to use like tables, chairs, wine barrels and decorative items to rent as well so you don't have to order too many things from an outside rental company. Also, a big expense for us at other venues were chairs. Gorge-Ous has beautiful white chairs and at other venues, we were looking at a few thousand to cover the ugly brown chairs or rent nice white ones… big money and headache saver! From start to finish, they made our planning process so easy and our day was beautiful! The sun was shining, the venue was amazing, and we wouldn’t imagine a better way to start our life together.

Profile Picture Lacey, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Molly was amazing! She made sure we had everything we needed for our wedding day and everything was perfect. She's so nice and helpful. Not only did she help us with everything for the venue, but she helped us by suggesting other vendors and helping me find a place to alter my dress :)

Profile Picture Emily, 6/7/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Getting married here came at the most amazing time for me, my now husband and family. We were having some horrible family stresses and had to find a venue fast! We met Molly and her husband at a wedding show and immediately hit it off with them. We felt bad for taking their time at the show (because we had a venue at the time), but then were so thankful for spending that time with them because when our venue fell through, we immediately thought of them! Molly was so considerate and thorough. They have such fun things to rent to make your day special. Getting married on a ranch (that has such rich family history to begin with) was a complete joy. The day was BEAUTIFUL and my wedding was perfect. I am not lying when I say that people still talk to me about my wedding (3 years later) and they still comment on how gorgeous and seamless the day was. Please get married here- you will not regret it!

Profile Picture User3653874, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The property is truly gorgeous! It's a lovely location with lots of options. We loved it and our guests enjoyed the beauty of the locale. Common adjectives used by our friends and family (and even other vendors) were, "gorgeous," "beautiful," "amazing," and "magical." The story of the venue is quite sweet as well (something to appreciate if you're the sentimental type). The owners are professional, clear and direct. They are running a business but if you have an inquiry, need or question, just ask and/or explain. Things are pretty black and white, but there is also consideration and flexibility. Come the weekend of, we enjoyed having personal connections and pleasant interactions with them.
There's definitely items included in the rental that are helpful. There are also rentals available and other conveniences available. Just be prepared to pay! The venue and extras add up quick and it can get expensive. We wished more was included in the overall package price (like decor rentals, more inclusive of lodging, etc.)... but overall, we feel like we got what we paid for and it was completely worth it!

Profile Picture Bria, 9/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is picture perfect! Everything you need to make your special day unbelievably beautiful is right on site. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect location for our wedding.

Profile Picture User4507105, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

The name doesn't lie - the venue is absolutely stunning. Everyone was blown away by the magnificent backdrop of the breathtaking gorge. The venue provides many conveniences such as an existing bar with two taps, a catering area, water, power, and of course the fantastic guest house! Molly was wonderful to work with and very straightforward. The existing structures (fences, lighting, and country items) made the venue a real-life dream. The are some strict rules and timelines to follow but it is definitely worth it- the site is worth treasuring.

Profile Picture Heather, 7/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my goodness! I can't say enough good things about this venue!!! My husband and I left the wedding feeling like we just lived a fairy tale! The place is absolutely beautiful and the owner Molly was extremely awesome ! She got back to us about every detail and made the process of choosing a venue super easy! All the guests talked for months after the wedding about how beautiful the venue was! The venue was a bit pricey but in the end you only get married once, it was totally worth it!'

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married at the wind mountain ranch one month ago today! Our experience there was so amazingly perfect. The ranch house made it so easy for the girls to get ready and for the boys to get to kick back and relax down stairs. Everyone raved about our venue and the view is breathtaking. Molly does a very professional job and organizing and responding to any questions you may have. I can't thank her enough for such a memorable day.

Profile Picture Kaylee, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
4.3

This was the first venue we visited & knew it was the right one for us right away. Molly was great at answering questions & quick to respond. The venue has gorgeous views of the mountains & everyone thought it was the most beautiful venue they had been to.There are also views of the Columbia River & many options for locations on the property to get married at. We were very happy with our choice and couldn't have been happier with the venue.

Profile Picture ALICIA, 6/28/14, 9 Reviews
3.6

Beautiful venue. Hands down one of the prettiest venues around. All of our guests were stunned by the venue and the scenery. My husband and I, even though we had a perfect wedding and it was an amazing day, we think the venue is overpriced. We think it's way too much money for the venue, that includes the tent, most tables and linens, chairs, bar, and ranch house. (I believe it's more money now because they include the 3 cabins on site)

It always felt like a competition when trying to get a date set to come out and view the venue, even after we were locked down with our date. Molly would give us a date and time that we could come out but also say that she gave those dates and times to other people. It was stressful because we had to always act fast

In the contract we were forced to go with her bartender that Molly contracts with. We had a lot of trouble with one of the bartenders throughout the night. From withholding white wine to guests. Instead of saying "we don't have any chilled bottles at the moment" they would say they were out, which is super confusing to guests when it's the beginning of the reception and white wine is on the menu. We also had an incident at the end of the night when all but a few close relatives, the one bartender we had trouble with and our coordinators crew were the last ones there. My husband and I lost a gifted 1979 bottle of wine and him and the coordinator went to look for it. They went by the trash bins and found 2 full cases of unopened wine next to the bins, under cardboard boxes that were empty. They were both shocked. Now, we can't be 100% certain on this but all the evidence that we have points in the direction of the bartender. It was very disappointing to know that somebody was trying to steal two cases of wine, and that we had to deal with this at the end of the night. There were a lot of pointing fingers back and forth between or coordinator and her crew and the bartending company. It was all very disappointing.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/13/16, 9 Reviews