GoodEye Photography Reviews

64 Reviews for GoodEye Photography

• Jonathan

Jonathan J Gervais · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing photographer!

I cannot say enough good things about Chris! He photographed our wedding in October and engagement photos in April. If you are in need of a photographer for any event, I highly recommend Chris!

His artistic eye is fantastic! I absolutely love our photos! We lucked out that the weather was great on the day, but it just made the pictures even more wonderful.

He is very easy to work with and communicates with you throughout the entire process.

Jenna · Married on 07/07/2018

I would definitely recommend Chris for your photography needs. He is easy to communicate with and is proactive in providing you with all the information you could possibly need without even having to ask. We ended up with over 1,000 edited pictures from our wedding day. I got many compliments from guests about how he was able to capture every moment, they never felt like he was in the way, and he was relaxed and professional. We will enjoy our pictures for years to come.

B · Married on 05/05/2018

Chris took our wedding photos (and my sister's too!). Chris is so easy to work with and captures so many beautiful moments. He takes time and is patient with adults and children as they gather for the large group photos. Thank you Chris!!!

BRIAN · Married on 03/17/2018

We selected Chris of GoodEye Photography for or beach wedding ceremony and reception on March 17th, 2018 at Manresa State Beach. Right from the start Chris was very responsive and professional. He took the time to meet with us on several occasions and went through the whole process. On the day of the wedding he showed up promptly and immediately started taking photographs. Chris didn’t miss anything and captured far more than we expected. His creativity is second to none. We are absolutely pleased with his work and are glad we selected GoodEye Photography. Thank you so much Chris for all you did to capture our special day.

Megan · Married on 07/03/2017

Chris of GoodEye is the most amazing photographer ever!! When looking for a wedding photographer, we reviewed different portfolios. When we came across Chris's website and body of work, we were mesmerized. His photographs blew every one else's out of the water. Just from his photographs alone, we knew Chris was the photographer for us, which was only solidified further when we met him in person. Over tea at a half-way point (which Chris treated us to generously), we bonded over the Santa Cruz area, pets, and the importance of family-first. Not only is Chris an uber-professional (creative, responsive, organized, flexible, experienced, interpersonally savvy), but he is an incredibly genuine, warm, thoughtful, and easy-going person. We did a mini-engagement shoot at Capitola Village and Chris made us feel so at-ease and interjected fun into the shoot. Literally 30 minutes after the shoot, he texted us a few sneak-peeks! He sent us our engagement pictures about a week later and our jaws dropped! His shots were works of art! As we shared our photographs with family and friends, we kept hearing comments such as "wow, he is such an amazing photographer," "you can tell he is experienced and passionate about his work," "these are the best engagement pictures I have ever seen." Before our wedding ceremony, Chris orchestrated a first look at Lover's Point which went super smoothly. This helped our bridal party shake off some pre-wedding jitters. After the wedding ceremony, Chris took our formal family shots and got us back to the party in record time. Throughout the reception, he blended into the intimate gathering and used his "good eyes" (wink) to capture all our special moments. Also of note, Chris is amazing at providing timeline feedback, tips to reduce shiny hair/makeup, and answering all manner of stressed-out brides' questions! We are extremely happy to have found our photographer for life. We cannot wait to work with Chris again as he captures Luther family memories.

Nathan · Married on 06/25/2017

My wife and I got married on June 25, 2017 at The Meritage in Napa, CA and Chris was our photographer. I used to be a wedding photographer in WA and finding the right photographer was always something important for my wedding. After hours of searching and meeting with many photographers, I knew we had found the one when I received an email back from Goodeye and it was full of sarcasm and little hints at his personality. After meeting with Chris and seeing his work, I knew we had found the one. His use of lighting and speed made us confident in his abilities to immortalize our special day. Chris worked with us to get the package and price that was best for us and only 4 weeks later we received over a thousand well shot photos. I will definitely be referring Chris to anyone I know in need of a photographer in the Bay Area. Thanks Chris! Love Nathan & Kayleigh

Julie · Married on 06/24/2017

I literally cannot say enough good things about Chris. From the moment we met him to discuss our wedding shoot, he was incredibly thorough, up-front, and professional. He got us our photos extremely quickly (over 800 in about a month), and they're STUNNING.

Many of our guests commented on how gentle and professional he was in taking pictures of guests, and everyone in the bridal party was impressed with his efficiency and skill. Everyone loves the candids (and there are many)!

• V Crow

Violeta · Married on 03/11/2017

Chris is really good at what he does, and he's not shy about showing it off on his website. You can see the quality of his work by browsing through all the amazing pictures on his portfolio. He is very laid back and willing to work with you. He delivered a great mix of classic and candid photographs. We loved so many of them that we spent hours trying to decide which one to send along with the thank you notes! The price tag is high, but it's well worth it.

Laura · Married on 12/17/2016

I can't begin to tell you what a fantastic decision it was to hire GoodEye. He was referred by our wedding coordinator, Denise Addesso, and he was one of several EXCELLENT recommendations. When we saw his work on his webpage, we knew he was the absolute best. Not only was he the best in regards to sheer talent, but he was truly a delight to have around for both the engagement shoot and the wedding as well. We had such a fun time getting ready and he got some incredibly clever shots (including a stuffed otter wearing my wedding shoes- one of my favorites, and perfect for an aquarium wedding!). His sense of humor is a delight, and will certainly calm any frantic bride! Also, turnaround time was superb. We didn't expect anything for months, and he got us everything in about 2-3 weeks! Highly, highly recommend!!

Our process for choosing a wedding photographer was simple: We picked ten highly-rated local photographers on Yelp, loaded their portfolio galleries from their websites into ten tabs in a web browser, then just compared photos. The results were illuminating:

Four of the photographers showed what we would call mediocre photos in their own portfolios. Some seemed not to have a very good "eye," or sense of what good photography is. We ruled them out immediately.

Another four showed very stylized photos-urban, trendy, chic, grunge, edgy, etc. This is not bad, it's just not what we were looking for.

Two of the galleries were quite good-filled with quality photos. But just one stood out as truly excellent-GoodEye photography. Chris was the only photographer we contacted, and we feel lucky that he was able to shoot our wedding.

Chris knows exactly how to shoot a wedding without being obtrusive, but still getting excellent shots. He sent us guides in advance to help us plan. For example, he suggested we put together a shot list of wedding party and family groupings that we wanted, and appoint someone to gather those folks. He shot the entire list in about 20 minutes after the ceremony, so that we could all get back to the reception. Greatly appreciated!

Chris was so unobtrusive, we sometimes didn't know where he was. But he was always somewhere where something interesting was happening, getting great shots.

Finally the results were fantastic. He got all the classic shots that everyone wants, but also delivered a large number of romantic, casual and just plain fun photos on his own. We've been going through all the photos over and over, noticing new things every time.

We are extremely pleased!

Tari J · Married on 06/18/2016

Chris recently shot our wedding at Byington Winery. He was so much fun to work with, before the wedding, during, and afterward, through to the finished product. The images we received captured the event so perfectly and were just stunning. It was obvious that all of our guests felt comfortable with him, enabling him to be able to capture smiles, laughter and so much joy at our event that going through the photos brings tears to my eyes. The end result was above and beyond what I could have imagined. He knew just the right interactions to watch for and to capture among our guests. We didn't plan to order an album, but now, I know I have to let him work his magic on a coffee table book for us. He is fabulously professional, fun, and obviously very technically skilled with the camera and his tools of the trade! You won't find anyone better!

John · Married on 06/11/2016

My bride and I were very pleased with Chris in all aspects: quality, professionalism, speed, communication, promptness, and very easy to work with among others. Most of all he is able to get the shots quickly and let us and our guests enjoy the wedding without everyone feeling like they are doing photos all day. He is also able to capture at all the right moments but somehow never seems to be in the way of the wedding activities. The engagement photo session was also top-notch. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". While Goodeye is not inexpensive, Chris delivers excellent quality and results.

Levi · Married on 03/10/2016

Chris is an amazing photographer. He shot our wedding this march and went above and beyond making sure he got plenty of shots and provided us with amazing photos in a really quick turn around.

Czarina · Married on 03/10/2016

Absolutely amazing photography! Chris is awesome to work with and had our pictures edited quickly. He captured every special moment at my wedding. So pleased!

Joyce · Married on 11/21/2015

My husband and I are extremely happy with Chris and his talented work. He captured many details of the wedding and ceremony that we didn't get to see. It was such a pleasant surprise seeing those moments on in his work, which stirred up the same happy emotions as our wedding day. Thank you Chris! See you in Carmel again on our 10th year wedding anniversary!!! :)

Jamie · Married on 10/16/2015

My husband and I were extremely happy with Chris as our wedding photographer! In looking for a photographer, I wanted to make sure to find someone who could capture great formal portraits as well as great candids. GoodEye Photography + Design was on the list of preferred vendors at our venue, The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, and we really liked his portfolio out of the many we reviewed, so we feel incredibly lucky that Chris was available for our wedding date because he did such an amazing job! We planned our wedding in a relatively short time period (four months!), so we were thinking of skipping engagement photos, but Chris encouraged us to try to build these in as practice for the big day, which we were really happy we did. The photos he took of our engagement session and our wedding day turned out so beautifully ... I wish he could've been around for the proposal! ;) Chris is extremely professional, organized and artistically talented, but also super laid back, flexible, and easy to work with. He even texted us a few select shots the day after our wedding to give us a quick sneak peek, which was really awesome. I would recommend him to anyone, and if we have future photography needs, we would love to hire him again!

Anna · Married on 09/19/2015

Chris did a fabulous job capturing my wedding day! It was super hot and I have a really big family and he kept his cool and got all the shots in that I wanted! His work is amazing and I have no regrets about using his service. He showed up on time at the venue and got to work! He captured the most important day of my life thus far and did a fabulous job! I love the photos and working with him. I talked to many friends that have been marries and the one thing they all said was to spend good money on a photographer and he was worth every penny!

Hai · Married on 08/08/2015

Chris is an awesome photographer, he was on time(earlier than expected) to our wedding. He made efficient use of our time together, and the way he took pictures was very natural. We did not have to hold 5 second poses or anything and he was still able to take incredible shots, some shots I didn't know he took. He is highly recommended in my books, and we look forward to working with him again at our wedding.

Thanks Chris for being the professional that you are to capture me and fiance's memories together, we are glad to have found your talent.

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2015

Chris and his second shooter, Adam, were FANTASTIC! The pictures are absolutely stunning. Chris was extremely responsive, helpful and accommodating through the whole process. We wanted a photographer that would capture our vision for the wedding and he absolutely did that. Would highly recommend!

Kevin · Married on 05/25/2015

Chris is amazing. He photographed our engagement photos, wedding, and reception. In our opinion Chris's photography skills far exceed the closest competitor. He knows how to capture the moment both traditionally and in more creative and imaginative ways. He blends both styles beautifully for holistic coverage. Chris gives you a good deal on his talent, the value exceeds costs and expectations for all the shots he takes. He is that good! Overall Chris is well worth it just from a business standpoint as he shoots beautiful shots and every time I thought I needed a photo of this or that he had already taken it! For us however, his skill was secondary and what really stood out was Chris the person. This aspect you cannot put a price tag on. He is a great person. We enjoyed being around him and he fit in perfectly to everything. Our wedding was a huge moment for us and Chris helped us enjoy it. He really added to the event. He was never a distraction or a burden but instead made everyone feel comfortable and enjoyable. Our reception went long but as we got ready to leave there was Chris still covering everything.

5 stars...great business...great photography...easy to work with and accommodating...great person...recommend and trust Chris with one of the biggest and greatest moments in life.

hands down the best out there.

Kevin

Lillian · Married on 05/09/2015

We met Chris when he shot at a friend's wedding. They raved about how great he was to work with, and as soon as we saw their pictures we knew we wanted him for our wedding! Chris has a great eye for capturing the perfect shots and has a great way of putting you at ease so you can be relaxed and natural. Our wedding photos are gorgeous, and we hope Chris will be available for future family photo shoots!!!

Rachel · Married on 02/08/2015

It was great to work with GoodEye! We love the photos and how quickly Chris was able to get back to us! He was super responsive to any of our inquiries. We strongly recommend working with him. He is professional and fun to work with as well!

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2014

If you are searching for a great photographer, here is why you should choose Chris:

1) He's an amazing artist. His work speaks for itself. Chris has an incredible eye for design/composition, and was not only able to capture the important moments, but also the artistic ones you wouldn't think to look for.

2) He's a pleasure to work with. I am not an easy subject when it comes to having my photo taken, but Chris puts you at ease and does not make things stressful.

3) He's very responsive. Any questions we had were answered in such a prompt manner. He is very easy to get in touch with.

4) His pricing is fair. Professional photography is not cheap, especially if you want good quality, but Chris' pricing is fair and he does not gouge his customers.

Larry · Married on 07/18/2014

Simply Amazing!!!! No other words will do you justice. I’ve only had the chance to look at some of the pictures from your site, but you are the best! I knew you were great from looking at your previous work, but, not only did you exceed any expectations I had (they were extremely high) your work is simply amazing!!!! I can’t thank you enough for the phenomenal job you did – you are a true professional, artist and genuinely nice guy. Once Heidi and I get a chance to download and look at all of these wonderful pictures, we’ll let you know what type of album(s) we’d like to get. Chris, you are, simply amazing.

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2013

Chris is a dream photographer to have for your wedding day. It rained on our outdoor wedding, and he soldiered on staying positive and taking great shots. Luckily, the rain cleared up after the ceremony and Chris got some truly stunning shots that we'll treasure forever. He went above and beyond the call of duty--I was really dehydrated and he kindly shared his water with me; he also personally drove us to a different location where we got the best photos. We almost didn't hire a photographer, but instead we got an amazing one. I'm so glad we did. Thanks, Chris!